Best Chair for 1 Year Old – Toddlers are pretty difficult to contain in one place, thanks to their love for exploring. Investing in the best toddler chair can help keep them in one place without necessarily getting bored.
Colorful chairs with fun playthings will certainly occupy your child for a while. Most models are also great for feeding and studying. They help lift moods and keep your child engaged.
Choosing the best lounge Chair for 1 Year Old is not an easy task. You risk affecting your child’s posture if the chair doesn’t have the right posture.
Additionally, not all chairs are ideal for outdoor or indoor use. So how do you know you’re making the right choice for your loved one?! In this post, we tell you how to choose a toddler chair and review the best models on the market.
A pint-sized chair for your pint-sized kiddo gives them a place to relax with a book, color and craft, or even eat a snack. Either way, your increasingly independent toddler will be thrilled to have a sitting spot that’s all their own. The best toddler chairs are made of a material that suits your home and your toddler’s activities, with features that make the chair especially comfortable, versatile, or useful.
The Skip Hop Toddler’s chair comes in a set of two. The sleek kid seats are ideal for little ones and can fit well in any interior setting. They have detachable, robust metal legs with non-slip rubber feet and a curved seat and back for maximum comfort. This also makes storage easier when not in use. It is suitable for children aged up to five and can support up to 80 pounds.
- Sized just right for little ones, our modern kid chairs are right at home in any decor
- Featuring a contoured seat and back for superior comfort, they're finished with detachable, sturdy metal legs with non-slip rubber feet so they're easy to store
- A perfect match for our Baby's View Activity Center when used as a play table
- Sold in a set of two
- Detachable legs for easy storage
2.iPlay, iLearn 2 PCS
The iPlay kids’ chairs are sturdy chairs and have a cute design. Each chair set has undergone safety testing. You can stack these chairs sets to save space and for easy transportation. In addition, small children will enjoy assisting with clean-up because of the lightweight design. Each chair has a non-slip bottom design and is also noise-proof when scuffed on the floor. These chairs are appropriate for any interior setting.
- 【2pcs Chair Set】Two cute animal designs, instead of worrying about which pattern to choose, take the set home together.
- 【Reliable Quality】Each chair set has passed safety quality testing and is safe for children. The bottom of each chair has a non-slip design to reduce noise and protect against scuffing the floor.
- 【Stacking Design】These stable chairs also have a sweet design that allows you to stack them together. Your kids can also do it by themselves, the lightweight design makes it fun for little ones to help out during clean-up time. Convenient to store for space saving or transport.
- 【Easy to Clean and Assemble】Smooth surface, easily cleaned. Instructions and all components included.
- 【Great for Multiple Occasions】Excellent quality, cute design. Whether it is placed in the study for learning, dining in the dining room, or in a kindergarten for entertainment, this chair set is the ideal choice.
3.Sesame Street Elmo
This toddler Elmo chair is another upholstered pick, and it features a beloved character of the toddler and preschool crowd. The bright red chair has a padded seat for comfort and a hardwood frame for durability — and all materials are 100% nontoxic. It’s an ideal spot for your toddler to curl up for an episode of Sesame Street, but it also is great for storytime and even just lounging.
The chair is easy to assemble, reviewers noted, and it wipes clean with some soap and water. This sturdy chair holds up to 100 pounds, and it’s a favorite among Amazon shoppers with a 4.9-star rating and over 1,300 reviews.
A helpful review: “All total I have ordered 3 of these chairs. First one was 2017 that withstood an active toddler all the way to 5 years old. It stayed sturdy, the fabric is very good and required only light cleaning and light vacuuming and he still uses it. Now I have bought 2 more for my great niece’s expanding family. Perfect for little ones to have their own chair for Sesame Street, snack time or just lounging around after a hard day of play. They love their chairs.”
- AGE RANGE: Recommended for ages 3+ | Holds up to 100 pounds
- CUTE CHASE CHAIR: Adorable kids for chair for girls or boys resembles Chase from Paw Patrol | Plush foam padding makes it a cozy spot for kids to sit
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Features a hardwood frame and padded seat| Spot clean with mild soap and water
- WE PUT YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY FIRST: Meets or exceeds all safety standards set by the CPSC
- SIZE: 22.5" W x 17.25" D x 16" H | Minimum Age 36 Months, Maximum Age 96 Months
For those tight on space or on a tight budget, consider this foldable toddler chair that also functions as a stepping stool. Both are toddler essentials, and this two-in-one combo folds down to a compact two-inch width for storing pretty much anywhere. The durable build has an impressive weight limit of up to 250 pounds, and the step surface is covered with textured dots for traction with a non-slip bottom.
This plastic chair, with toddler-safe rounded corners, weighs just 2 pounds, so it’s lightweight enough for your toddler to move around the home using the built-in carrying handle. The back of the chair features a cute smiley face, and you can choose from options in either black or royal blue (no assembly required).
This highly rated chair — with over 1,000 five-star reviews — doesn’t specify an age range for it, but reviewers noted it’s well-sized for toddlers ages 2 and up.
A helpful review: “This chair was bought so my daughter could sit at her small table to eat her meals. It has also doubled as a step stool to wash hands and help mommy in the kitchen. It’s been banged around, knocked over, and stepped on and it’s holding up very well! It’s easy to wash and super easy to fold, even my 18 [month] old could figure it out and carry it when she wanted.”
- 【EASY CARRY BUILT-IN HANDLE】- The step stool's handle magically appears when the stool is folded flat. It's light enough that you will be able to comfortably carry it around so they can place it where they need it.
- 【SPACE SAVING FOLD UP DESIGN】- The step stool folds flat into one compact piece, 2 inches wide, so it can be stored anywhere you might need it: in the bathroom next to the sink, in the RV or SUV, even in the kitchen cabinet under the sink.
- 【SAFETY CONSCIOUS NON-SLIP SURFACE】- Everyone in your family can use Folding Step Stool with confidence because the top surface is covered wit, textured discs designed to increase traction.
- 【STRONG AND LIGHTWEIGHT】- The Folding Step Stool is made from super strong, lightweight new PP plastic that can stand up to years of repeated use without ever cracking or breaking. Effortlessly holds up to 250 lbs
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】- If you are not satisfied or face any problem with the product or with our service then feel free to contact with us. We will offer you a replacement or full refund as your requirement.
5.Delta Children Chair
This is the best toddler chair to give your little one space to draw, craft, or enjoy a snack. The built-in desk has a removable cup holder, and a fabric bin underneath the seat can store favorite toys, a blanket, extra art supplies, or books.
The chair is made of engineered wood with a scratch-resistant finish and does require assembly; it easily wipes clean with a dry cloth. Choose from solid colors, like white or gray, or more than a half-dozen character themes from favorite toddler movies or shows, including Cars (featured), Frozen, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Trolls. With a weight limit of 50 pounds, your toddler will be happily sitting in this new favorite chair for a long time.
A helpful review: “I feel this is essential for toddlers. My son has had his desk for over a year. It’s a special place just for him and he loves it. He eats and does all of his arts and crafts at his desk. […] I feel my son should be a durability tester for kids toys and he can’t break this desk. He slides into it and bounces out of it when he’s done. He’s banged and bashed it with toys and silverware and it still looks very close to the way we got it. Easy to clean and doesn’t take up much space. […] I highly recommend!”
- AGE RANGE: Recommended for ages 3+
- TONS OF STORAGE: This Chair Desk features a removable cup holder for art supplies and fabric storage bin under the seat for books, toys or additional art supplies
- EXTREMELY SAFE: We know chemicals have no place in your kid's space, so we use a non-toxic multi-step painting process that is lead and phthalate safe
- DURABLE: Scratch-resistant finish protects the colorful graphics Made of engineered wood and fabric Wipe clean with a dry cloth
- IDEAL SIZE: Dimensions: 20.47"L x 22.83"W x 23.23"H Sits low to the ground for easy access Features a large work surface The perfect place for preschool kids and toddlers to develop their fine motor skills as they draw, paint and write
6.ECR4Kids – ELR-22202
Here’s a minimalist toddler chair set that’s as beautiful as it is versatile. This set has by far the widest recommended age range of my picks, and it’s made of durable birch bentwood built to last for years. While this pick is the priciest upfront, it’s a worthwhile investment considering all the ways it can be used: The lightweight table comes with two chairs with built-in handles, and the pieces can be used as chairs, stools, benches, side tables, desks, or even shelves.
The chairs are double-sided with two seat heights to comfortably seat younger toddlers and older kids, and all the edges are rounded for safety. This premium toddler chair set is made with GREENGUARD Gold-certified wood, which means it has been tested for more than 10,000 chemicals and meets stricter safety criteria for safe indoor use.
The modern aesthetic of this set also fits in seamlessly with contemporary home decor, and it has a 165-pound weight capacity.
A helpful review: “This is great quality. […] They loved eating at their table. I love that it is fairly lightweight and easy to move around with the help of the cut out handles. The versatility is wonderful as well. It is strong and my daughters have found another use for the table. They both use it as a giant stool to help cook. When set it up as a bench they also like to each have their own little table for snacks. It is pricey but money well spent. I think we will be using it for years to come. The fact that the chairs can be flipped to grow with the height of the child will help this.
- ADAPTABLE FURNITURE SET: The ECR4Kids Bentwood Multipurpose Kids Table and Chair Set has versatile pieces that can be used as tables, chairs, stools, desks, benches, side tables, or shelves
- EASY TO CARRY: This compact set features a lightweight table and two chairs with built-in handles for effortless transportation. The natural finish allows the set to complement any environment
- USE AS YOU GROW: The chairs are designed with two seat heights for children to use as they grow. This table-and-chair set gives kids a play and work space of their own that will last for years
- CERTIFIED AND SAFE: The Natural Bentwood Multipurpose Kids Table and Chair Set is GREENGUARD [GOLD] Certified for low VOCs, CPSIA Compliant, and it features rounded edges for safety
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: ECR4Kids makes it easy for parents and schools, as this table-and-chair set is shipped fully assembled with the chairs nesting under the table
Best Toddler Chairs: The Perfect Kids Chair – Buying Guide
A toddler’s chair gives our child his very own place that cannot be used by anyone else. Why Have a Special Chair?
Toddlers’ chairs are low to the ground, and as such, there is minimal risk of your child falling out and hurting themselves. Because they are incredibly versatile pieces of furniture, kids’ chairs can be used for coloring, feeding, playing, crafts, and more.
Special chairs for children give them room to gain independence when they do puzzles, color pictures, or even read books on their own. Toddlers get used to structuring, and this prepares them for the future, particularly preschool.
Chairs that can be used both indoors and outdoors are great for family events like barbecues. Your child will love playing in them as the adults celebrate in their own way.
Here are the important factors to consider when choosing the best kids chair:
- Material: Toddler chairs are made from a variety of materials. Some are made purely of plastic, others combine fabric with fillings, and others are made from wood and plastic.
Depending on your child’s age and style preference, go for a material combination that is easy to maintain.
- Size: A good chair allows your toddler’s feet to touch the floor and provides ample back support. It makes it possible for a child to get off without help.
Consider your child’s height about the size of the chair when comparing different models.
- Assembly: Another important factor to consider is the ease of assembling. Choose something that requires minimal effort and doesn’t take up too much time.
Some toddler reading chair sets come with chairs, and all you need to do is put on the table legs.
- Age: Many manufacturers provide a recommended age when designing toddler chairs. Anything beyond the recommended age poses serious safety concerns.
And while some brands don’t indicate a recommended age, it’s an important consideration to make during your purchase.
Talk to store attendants about the best age ranges for different chairs before making a final decision.
- Style: Like any other piece of furniture, the best kid’s chair should blend in with the overall décor of your home.
It is also important that you consider your toddler’s style and color preferences.
If he loves DC Universe, a superman or ironman chair that fits in with your décor will be a great choice.
- Stability: This is an integral safety consideration that should not be ignored. The chair should be able to support your child’s weight for extended periods of time.
Consider your child’s weight and the weight limit of the chair.
- Versatility: The ability to use a toddler chair for more than one purpose can save you lots of money. Chairs that convert from booster seats to high chairs.
Some chairs are designed to adapt to your child’s needs as he keeps growing.
Which Type Of Chair To Select For Your Children
Toddler chairs come in different types including. Here’s a quick list of the most popular types you can find on the market today:
- High chairs: These are designed to give your toddler a seat at the dinner table. Most come with a durable plastic tray that serves as an eating surface.
It makes cleaning spills easier. Many high chairs have a foldable design, and some even have a few built-in activity features to keep your child busy.
- Baby bath seats: They provide support when bathing your baby. Like high chairs, some baby bath seats are foldable, and others come with activity features.
They come in varying shapes and sizes to accommodate children of different ages, sizes, and weights.
- Baby activity chairs: Whether they come in baby walkers or floor seats, all activity chairs have one thing in common.
They are designed to provide a fun and challenging activity to occupy your child. They are perfect for when you want to get a few things done.
Most come with recommended ages, and this is important because as your child grows older, he’ll need more to keep him mentally challenged.
- Strollers: These are as much for the parents as they are for the baby. As the name suggests, baby strollers make it easy for parents to bring along their toddlers when they get out of the house.
They come in many shapes and sizes, and some collapse for easy storage. You’ll need to be mindful of the weight and age limitations when purchasing one.
- Toilet training seats: They are designed to help your baby master the art of using a “grown-up” toilet. Standalone toilet training seats are self-contained and seat next to the toilet.
Toilet booster seats come with handles and a footstool. They attach to a full-sized toilet and have a smaller opening in the middle to accommodate your child’s size.
- Kids foam chairs: These are made from foam and provide functional yet comfortable seating for your toddler.
They come in the form of sofa, lounge, reclining, or rocking chairs. If you are looking for something to put in your child’s room, this is a perfect option.
1. What Safety Concerns Should I Keep In Mind When Using Toddler Chairs?
Put the chair in an empty corner where it’s far from anything that may harm your child. You want to ensure you can hear and see your kid. Place the chair on a soft surface, probably a carpet, to prevent slipping.
It also helps a great deal when your toddler takes a tumble. Keep their playthings within reach to encourage independence. Other safety measures include covering electric outlets, turning off electronics, avoiding heaters, and laying down a few ground rules.
2. Is It Possible To Customize Children’s Furniture?
There are many ways you can customize your child’s furniture to suit your needs. If your child loves art, you can drill holes into an area of the table to hold paintbrushes and art supplies.
Hanging a bag can create storage space for toys, books, and more. If you are changing your home’s décor, contact paper will eliminate the need to purchase a new toddler chair while promoting its longevity.
3. Care To Provide Any Maintenance Tips For Toddler Furniture?
Sure. Clean your toddler’s chair, protect it from extreme temperatures, move it carefully to preserve joints, and use the right cleaning solvents. You may also want to keep your child from jumping up and down on the chair.
4. Are There Any Benefits To Purchasing A Toddler Chair?
A: Plenty. Toddler chairs promote independence and give your child their own place. In addition, they encourage proper sitting habits. Some models are incredibly versatile, allowing for indoor and outdoor use.
5. How Do I Choose The Right Chair For My Child?
A good toddler chair should be lightweight, easy to assemble, sturdy and stable, easy to clean and maintain. Look for safety ratings from organizations such as the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and watchdog groups.
When Can Baby Sit in a High Chair?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, there are several developmental signs to look out for that indicate your baby might be ready to start solids.
- Baby should be able to hold their head up and sit in a high chair with good head control.
- Baby may open their mouth for food.
- Baby can move food from a spoon into their throat.
- Baby has doubled their birth weight.
All babies develop at different rates, but for most, they’re ready to start solids somewhere between four and six months of age, so you’ll want to be sure you have your high chair purchased, assembled and ready to go by then.
When positioning your baby in their high chair, there are a few important tips to keep in mind.
- Keep the phrase “90/90/90” in mind. That means you’ll want a 90-degree bend at the hips, knees and ankles and should only use a high chair with a footrest. This will ensure your baby is in the safest position for eating.
- If your child is leaning in their seat, consider adding support. A rolled-up towel or swaddle blanket behind their back or on either side often does the trick.
- Always feed your baby in your high chair’s most upright position; baby should never be leaning back while eating.
How to Choose a High Chair
Before you choose a high chair, you’ll want to think a bit about your lifestyle, space and budget. Here’s what to consider.
- Space. Do you live in a smaller space and eat most of your meals around a tiny table? Then a booster-style seat that straps right onto one of your chairs or one that clips to a counter may be right for you. Do you have a larger table, or live in a home with multiple eating areas? Then a standalone seat that comes with its own tray and can easily be moved from room to room may be your best bet.
- Lifestyle. If you’re a family who’s often on the go, consider adding a portable high chair to your registry in addition to one that stays only at home.
- Cleaning. When it comes to cleaning, some parents don’t mind sacrificing form for function and choose whatever high chair best fits their favorite aesthetic. But if you know constant scrubbing or getting into nooks and crannies is going to drive you nuts, you may want to stick with a basic, plastic model or one with wipeable fabric.
- Foldability. If space is an issue, you may want to consider a full-size chair that can be folded down and stored or a portable high chair.
- Durability and longevity. Planning on a large family and passing your high chair down from kid to kid? Although they’re on the pricier side, investing in a well-made wooden seat might be the best choice for you. You also need to think about how long you’re hoping to keep your little one in a high chair. There are several chairs that grow with your child, either by converting to a booster seat or even to an adult-sized chair.
- Safety. Always consider your child’s safety when buying any piece of baby gear, but especially when it comes to choosing the best high chair. You’ll want to make sure your seat features a restraint system like a three- or five-point harness, good stability (if the chair has wheels, make sure they lock in place), a footrest to ensure your child is properly supported while eating, a crotch post and nothing that’s going to pinch or catch on baby’s tiny fingers and toes—or on yours.
For even more info on choosing the right high chair for your family, check out our how-to video:
When to Stop Using a High Chair
Many parents choose to keep their children in a high chair for at least several years, up until two or three years old or beyond. And depending on the model of high chair you use, you may be able to use it much longer—some convertible high chairs hold the weight of an adult.
How We Chose Our Best High Chairs
We asked thousands of real Babylist families about the baby products they love the most, then took the top products they shared with us and added our own research and insight to tell you about the best high chairs.
The best toddler chair provides optimal comfort and keeps your child comfortable for long periods of time. However, you must consider your child’s needs when purchasing a chair to ensure you choose the most suitable model.
All the models reviewed above are a good place to start and designed to last long. The Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair is our favorite since it combines traditional design with ultimate comfort and safety.
It is also durable and upholstered with a fabric that blends with most décor themes.
Best Chair for 1 Year Old – Toddler chairs come in a range of materials. Upholstered chairs take up more space and will have to be spot-cleaned, and they’re generally pricey. That said, they’re the comfiest on the list and you can find them in prints that toddlers love (even some with their name on it). Minimalist wood can also be an investment but it’s easier to clean and it’s durable enough to withstand years of use. Plastic isn’t quite as sturdy but it’s by far the easiest on your wallet, and it’s a cinch to wipe down.
It’s also important to take the manufacturer’s age recommendation or weight limit into account when choosing a toddler Chair for 1 Year Old so that isn’t too big or small for your toddler. Some toddler chairs are also designed to grow with your toddler for years, so keep that in mind if you’re considering investing in a nicer toddler chair.
If you’ve got a young toddler at home, you know exactly how much they squirm and move about. Here’s our list of the best toddler chairs to help your active toddler sit comfortably. We can recommend some good-quality, safe chairs that can make your child feel at ease when reading a book or working on an art project. These chairs are available in multiple designs and colors to suit your toddler’s preferences.
From a toddler chair with a built-in desk to a couple of seats with storage compartments to stash toys, ahead you’ll find six cute and durable chairs that you’ll appreciate just as much as your toddler.