Best Chair for Console Gaming – If you’re looking for the best console gaming chairs, you should think about the style that most appeals to you. Gaming chairs come in traditional, stationary recliner and floor chair configurations. But also think about adjustability, as you might prefer a chair with a deeper recline angle, adjustable armrests, or a retractable footrest so you can take a break.
Also consider whether you want a chair with additional features such as console connectivity, built-in speakers, or even a built-in massager — potentially with customizable modes — to make sitting for long periods more comfortable.
Let’s get to the bottom of it right from the start. Console gaming chairs are not your regular gaming chairs. Console gaming does not involve a desk, generally. It is mostly for us casual gamers, who savor the competition but don’t necessarily live for it.
What’s the point?
What you want in a console gaming chair is what matters. A chair that meets your thrill and fits your bill is your best choice and investment.
Just so, we have sorted through the limited number of gaming chairs for consoles (or so they say,) checking out user-end reviews and what not to bring you the best console gaming chairs in 2022.
1.Dowinx Gaming Chair
It’s well known that gaming chairs tend to be some of the most supportive options on the market if you’re going to be sitting for extended periods. However, most gaming chairs just don’t look very nice in a professional environment. But if you work from home, or in a traditional office or co-working space and want a gaming chair that looks more professional, the Dowinx massage chair is a good option. While it has the physical design associated with gaming chairs, the low profile upholstery allows it to seamlessly transition to more professional environments.
Another nice feature that we like is the 350-pound weight capacity. While that’s not the highest weight capacity in this guide, it’s on the upper end. This is another gaming chair that comes with a 180-degree recline and a retractable footrest to ease pressure as you lay back. so that you can do everything from work to snooze in this chair. The one main drawback that we did see with this chair is the 16-inch wide seat. This is pretty narrow and may disqualify it as an option for people considered “big and tall”. Yet, the built-in USB lumbar massage, adjustable headrest, and lumbar pillows, 360-degree swivel support, and a five-wheel base still make this an attractive option. It’s a wonderful piece of gaming gear for any gamer.
Pros & Cons
- 【NEWLY-ARRIVED】: Extraordinary sitting experience guaranteed by our newly improved linkage armrest and the massage lumbar pillow with a fits-all USB port which helps a lot with easing back pain.
- 【EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A CHAIR】: High level mobility supported by a 360-degree swivel and ultra-smooth caster wheels; 90°-165° reclining for working, gaming, reading or napping; 20° controllable rocking and retractable footrest for relaxing; Up to 350 lbs capacity, adjustable seat height, highly flexible head pillow and lumbar support.
- 【FOR NOT ONLY GAMER】: The trustworthy wingback provides multi-contact for releasing your lumbar pressure while your spine is also well protected by the neck pillow. Plus, the retractable footrest and the re-designed soft wing frame further upgrade your sitting experience.
- 【STURDY CONSTRUCTION & ECO FRIENDLY MATERIAL】: Alloy frame covered in quality hand-sewing PU leather and 5 inches high density foam. Upgraded LANT gas cylinder and mechanism largely prolong the life expectancy of the chair.
- 【INSTALLATION AND AFTER SELL SERVICES】Detail instruction manual included in the package. 24/7 customer services team all for shopping experience. One-month replacement services and 1 year parts quality warranty as promise.
2.Homall Gaming Recliner Chair
If you’re shopping for a PS4 gaming chair then the X Rocker Surge Wireless Floor Gaming Chair should be on your shortlist. This is one of the few chairs we found from our research that supports Bluetooth connectivity for easy gaming setup. This is important because, in addition to pairing this chair with the gaming consoles of your choice, you can also pair it with your phone or other tech gear to play music or audio from other sources like your phone, tablet, or even a computer. Note that the range for the Bluetooth connection is 30 feet. This is a rocker style floor gaming chair so you won’t get a 360-degree swivel, angled recline, or a wheelbase.
The X Rocker Surge wireless gaming chair comes with two built-in speakers and one subwoofer. But, we like that, as with other chairs from this brand, you can connect this chair to other console gamer chairs from this brand and create a shared gaming session. This chair can support up to 275 pounds, which is fairly standard for floor rocker gaming chairs. It features an ergonomic design with a fully padded backrest, headrest, and seat. And like other floor chairs from X Rocker, this pick can be folded and stored away when not in use. It’s a great gift for anyone looking for the best floor gaming chairs.
Pros & Cons
- Quality Material：This gaming recliner is made with comfortable skin friendly high-quality PU leather and high-resilience & high-density thicker sponge which create a more comfortable gaming environment.
- Diverse Use: The recliner can be used as three kinds of shape from 90 to 180 degree, suit for gaming, working, watching movies and napping.
- Gamer Friendly: Compared with the racing gaming chair, gaming recliner is bigger and softer, it’s more suitable for your long time gaming. A built-in waist massager can relieve discomfort from sitting too long.
- Easily Assemble: This gaming recliner sofa is pre-installation, following the instructions, you only need to spend 3 minutes to complete the installation of this sofa.
- Specification: What We offer: A new gaming recliner chair, Complete installation tools, An installation instruction. Assembled product dimensions: 34"W x 25.1"D x 41.5"H. Assembled product weight:63 LBS.
3.RESPAWN 110 Chair
The Respawn gaming chair is a nice upgrade for people who spend long periods in a chair whether they’re playing video games, working, or watching television. One of the nicest features about this pick is that it comes with a built-in USB powered massager. While that massager doesn’t offer adjustments, it’s a nice way to ease potential back pain when you’re sitting for too long. We also think that it’s a nice touch that you can choose from eight colors and that this pick is a bit more understated with a primarily black design and accent colors.
You’ll get a recline range from 90 to 155 degrees for a total of 65 degrees. And thankfully, this gaming chair comes with a retractable footrest to maintain proper posture and ease the pressure when you’re reclined. Another nice feature is the well-padded armrests, although they’re fixed and can’t be adjusted. As is common with this type of gaming chair, you’ll get additional adjustable lumbar and headrest pillows. The seat height can be adjusted from 19.25 to 22.5 inches and you’ll get a seat that’s 21 inches wide. Also note that this chair supports up to 275 pounds, which is in the median range for weight capacity. It’s a great option if you’re shopping for the best reclining gaming chairs.
Pros & Cons
- GAMIFIED SEATING: A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORT: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows, as well as padded armrests provide all-around comfort.
- PREMIUM MAKE: Upholstered in bold, contrasting colors but maintains a professional look, this gamer chair can also be used as an office chair. Gaming chair includes a 275 pound weight capacity for long-lasting use.
- 4D ADJUSTABILITY: Find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90 - 155 degrees with infinite locking positions. Soft, padded armrests pivot with the chair as it reclines. Full 360 degrees of swivel rotation enable dynamic movement.
- WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK: An award-nominated brand, RESPAWN is committed to your satisfaction and covers this video game chair with the RESPAWN 5-Year Limited Warranty, and dedicated, year-round representative support.
4.X Rocker Pro Series H3
Serious gamers like the idea of being able to connect their consoles to their gaming chairs. This Playstation gaming chair is the X Rocker Pro Series H3 model. It’s our Top Pick and — in our opinion — the best console gaming chair because, in addition to being somewhat compact, it’s also ideal for connecting your console gaming systems to it thanks to the wireless support. This console chair has a built-in wireless audio system with a 4-1 speaker to subwoofer ratio. That means you’ll get four built-in speakers and one subwoofer so that whether you’re playing a video game or watching television, you’ll be fully immersed with a personal surround sound experience.
Another nice feature that we like is the ability to connect the X Rocker Pro to other chairs within the X Rocker brand, creating a shared experience with other gamers. This chair supports up to 275 pounds which puts it in the lower end of the median weight capacity range for gaming chairs — regardless of style. There are also vibration motors in this chair so you get a full-body gaming experience. Note that this is a rocking floor gaming chair so it lacks wheels or 360-degree swivel support. However, it’s an ergonomic chair with a backrest and seat that are fully padded. And if you don’t have the space to leave a gaming chair sitting indefinitely, this chair can be folded for quick storage. It’s a great option if you’re looking for the best gaming chair with speakers.
Pros & Cons
- ALL PURPOSE GAMING CHAIR: Leather lounging game chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing.
- COMPLETE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates four forward facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers into the open space inside the chair for full immersion in your game, movie, or music.
- ADDITIONAL VIBRATION MOTORS: The Pro Series H3 includes additional vibration motors that sync with your audio's bass tones to create an even more powerful full-body sensation keeping you comfortable and entertained for hours.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, MP3s, DVDs and most other gaming systems. Weight capacity 275 lbs.
- CONNECTS WITH MULTIPLE CHAIRS: Control panel includes separate volume and bass controls, and input and output jacks for connecting to your audio source so other X-Rocker chairs can join in multi-game mode.
5.Giantex Swivel Gaming Chair
If you’re shopping on a budget or are just an occasional gamer, you might not feel like upgrading to more traditional gaming chair styles. And especially if you only play video games every once in a while, you don’t want a massive chair taking up space. The Giantex folding floor chair is a great solution when you want to be comfortable, but you need a space-saving solution. With 14 adjustable positions, you can do everything from sitting upright to lay flat on the ground. This chair comes fully assembled and is ready to use right out of the packaging.
Thanks to the memory foam throughout this chair, you can get soothing support with every movement. Another nice feature is that this chair can fold flat and be quickly stored in a corner, closet, or even under a bed, making it a great option if you don’t have a lot of space for excess furniture in your home. However, keep in mind that this is truly a no-frills chair with no mobility and no multimedia support.
Pros & Cons
- 【360-degreeSwivel Base】: This revolving chair equipped with a 360 degrees swivel base, which will bring much convenience when you want to get something around. And it can rotate freely with your mood, help create a relaxing atmosphere, and add fun to your work and life. When you feel tired or bored at work, you can sit on it, spin and relax.
- 【Six Angles Adjustable Back】: The lazy floor sofa has six angles and can switch from chair to reclining chair in seconds. So you can lie in your chair and take a nap. Meanwhile, you can find the most comfortable position by adjusting your back through four different angles and try to meet the different requirements of your widespread use.
- 【Foldable Design & Easy to Store】: The backrest of our lazy sofa chair is foldable fully. If you want to make more room for some indoor activities, you just fold it up. After folding, the sofa becomes compact and easy to store. When you want to use a sofa, you don't need any tools and just open it and sit comfortably on it.
- 【Interior Springs Offer Great Support】: Our floor game rocker can bear almost 300 lbs weight. There are plenty of high density springs built in, which provide comfortable and excellent elasticity. What’s more, the high density sponges add extra comfort to you. When sitting on it, you could completely relax yourself.
- 【Wide Application Design】: This sofa has a wide range of uses. It can be used in different spaces such as living room, playing room or any other place according to your actual needs. You can sit on the balcony reading, lie in the living room having a rest, or even, when your friends come to your home, it can provide an additional seat.
For people who like the idea of a floor gaming chair, but are taller, they’re not always the most practical solution. But the Waytrim chair is a great alternative thanks to the many configurations you can make to adapt this chair to your needs — or height. Specifically, the Waytrim chair can be converted into a full-length bed or chaise-style lounger. In the lay-flat configuration, the chair measures 65.75 inches long, making it ideal for people up to six feet, seven inches tall.
But as a chaise lounger, you can still sit upright or recline into one of the six backrest adjustable positions and enjoy playing video games, watching television, or just relaxing. This is another simplified gaming chair that’s limited to providing a supportive place to sit and enjoy your video games. But this is a great foldable option that’s also very travel-friendly. The chair weighs just 15
Pros & Cons
- ☕【SUPERIOR COMFORT】Covered by the breathable, durable cotton & linen fabric, with no pilling, and padded with soft recycled cotton and excellent resilience, this floor chair is comfortable and safe. The pillow provides a comfortable rest for you.
- ☕【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】This fully adjustable sofa chair can be adjusted at 6 different angles, which is the most comfortable angle for your body spine line. It also can be laid flat on the ground as a single bed or folded into a small piece to store in your closet, and it's easy to store.
- ☕【EASY TO STORAGE & CARRYING】It can be folded into a small piece to store in your closet easily when you don't need it. Also, you can easily carry it around wherever you want and set it up on any surface that is dry & clean.
- ☕【WIDELY USED】Flat Size: 65.75” x 20.08” (L x W); 90°Folded Size: 18.7” x 27.76” x 27.95” (L x W x H). The sofa chair is generously padded with high resilience cushion. It is perfect for floor activities like meditation, playing video games, watching TV, working with a laptop, reading, etc.
- ☕【EXTRA DETACHABLE CUSHION SEAT】This floor sofa chair fits all people of different heights. We have thoughtfully designed this sofa chair with a detachable cushion seat. It is long enough for tall people to sit. This cushion part can hold your leg and foot comfortably.
What is a Console Gaming Chair?
A gaming chair that provides just the type of comfort you want while playing the Last of Us 2 on your console. No, your ordinary office chair will not cut it.
You’re not looking for a grand posture.
Instead, you want comfort and ease. Gaming chairs are a bit different from ordinary office chairs although the basic design formulae remain the same. Gaming chairs for consoles only take them further.
Unlike gaming desktops or laptops, you can enjoy a much more laid-back experience with a console.
Firstly, given that you do set it upright, a gaming console can offer a lot more space for you to enjoy.
Generally, consoles are set up with a wall-mounted display so there’s a lot of space for you to make proper use of. Gaming chairs for consoles are meant to provide the luxury within this space as you want it.
Best Gaming Chairs for Consoles: Buyer’s Guide
Check out these simplest of pointers to help you segregate and choose the best console gaming chair in 2022 for you!
There are 2 seating positions, or rather, types of gaming chairs you can choose from. Firstly, there’s the on-the-floor setup. Stretch your legs and lay back while playing through a lazy day on Red Dead Redemption 2.
Then, there’re pedestals or wheeled, i.e., elevated gaming chairs. This is for those who prefer the seating upright ergonomics and find it comfortable just that way.
Consider your console setup and choose a gaming chair accordingly.
Too common a word today, ergonomics can be nearly anything. From adjustable lumbar supports, contoured seating pillows, reclinable backrests – the best console gaming chairs come with a bevy of features to offer comfort without undermining physical health.
However, more ergonomics will push the price tag higher. Try to find out exactly what you want right within your budget.
Comfort can mean a lot of things as well. Whether you prefer leather or the general meshed fabric will do.
If you want added leg rests with your gaming chair or if you even want a cup holder attached to it. These are very general specifics that some console gaming chairs will offer, not all though.
Gaming chairs today often come with multiple technological features, extending the IoT and gaming experience. You can get your hands-on high-end audio devices installed with the design.
There are chairs with separate charging docks for Bluetooth headsets and more. Just make sure not to overlook the utilitarian basics for some tech add-ons.
Now that you have the basics covered, let’s dig right in.
What is the next gaming chair for the Xbox One and PS4?
This is going to depend on your goals. If you’re solely focused on a comfortable seat as you play for hours, then look for a gaming chair with plenty of lumbar support and padding throughout the backrest and seat. But if you’re looking for a chair that offers connectivity, then look for models with wireless or Bluetooth enabled speakers that can be paired with your console.
Are gaming chairs worth it?
The short answer is yes. A good gaming chair can keep you comfortable, and your body properly aligned especially if you’re playing for extended periods. Specifically, gaming chairs can reinforce proper posture and allow the spine to maintain its natural curve which can aid in preventing backache and long-term discomfort.
Why are gaming chairs so expensive?
As compared to a standard office chair, gaming chairs usually aren’t cheap. The reason behind this is because they require more material to make than a standard mesh-combination office chair and usually provide more adjustable features as well.
Do gaming chairs last long?
The average life expectancy for a gaming chair is anywhere from one to five years depending on the quality of the materials used to create it. Typically, lower quality gaming chairs that cost less than $200 tend to need replacing after roughly a year of regular use. In contrast, more expensive chairs can last up to five years.
Gaming chairs are all about durability since there’s a good chance that you’ll use the chairs for long periods each time you’re in it. To create our guide, we focused on the following key features — style, adjustability, support, material, and additional features. All of the chairs in our guide come with built-in lumbar support throughout the padded backrests. However, some chairs came with additional lumbar support and headrest pillows. And most chairs with armrests offered padding in that area for added comfort.
There are a variety of styles when it comes to gaming chairs. In our guide, we focused on traditional gaming chairs, stationary recliners, and floor chairs. Traditional chairs tend to be plushly upholstered and set on a wheelbase with casters. Stationary recliners ranged from ones with a swivel base to models that mimic theatre seating. And floor chairs centered on foldable models but varied between rockers and stationary recliners.
Gaming chairs are known for enhanced customizations specifically around recline ranges. It’s not uncommon to find a gaming chair that offers a full 180-degree lay-flat recline range. Usually, when this is offered, you’ll also get a footrest to help maintain proper body alignment and reduce the risk of pressure on your legs and back in that position. While you can get this recline function with floor chairs, you can’t get it with rockers. Another important adjustment is for the seat height and is important if you pick a traditional gaming chair with a wheelbase. Also, think about adjustable armrests since this can impact your overall comfort.
In this guide, the majority of the chairs we recommended are made from bonded leather or vinyl. This is easier to keep clean but comes with a trade-off in poor breathability. However, we did include a few fabric upholstered models — mostly in the floor chair category. And finally, we considered additional features like multimedia support that ranged from built-in speakers to console connectivity. And we found that this is a feature normally limited to more premium models. Another additional feature we prioritized was a built-in massager. This is an option that can be somewhat common in more premium gaming chairs and can help to make sitting for long periods more comfortable.
If you need help finding the best console gaming chair, we don’t blame you. There’s quite a lot of options to sort through, and all the sites seem to be saying different things.
Fortunately, we put in the work for you. After sifting through dozens of lists and recommendations from all around the Internet, we settled on the five best options we could find to present to you today.
The options below are sorted by price, and scale accordingly with our overall rating. You’re obviously welcome to go with whichever one you prefer, but be sure to read our detailed reviews of each of the chairs before you settle for one of these options.
Console gaming chairs are not regular gaming chairs just as gaming consoles are not gaming desktops. Unless you are into esports, gaming consoles can provide the necessary performance you desire to get the competitive best out of a game, provided you have a sharp enough display plugged in.
Gaming chairs for consoles are essentially lounge chairs customized for gamers. Now that you know this secret little detail and the best console gaming chairs out there, make a choice.
We recommend avoiding cut-off deals and a proper look into the seller before placing the order. Other than that, we are sure you have your console gaming chair chosen already!
It must be the X Rocker Pro Series unless budget is a concern. Xbox X can handle games that will push you to 2 hours+ on average in average gaming sessions. So, you’re better off with the added cushioning if you want to stay away from waist fatigue. Also, the X Rocker Pro comes with vibration mechanics that tune with the in-game audio and translate them onto you for a more immersive gaming experience!
It’s either the X Rocker Pro H3 or the Homall Gaming Recliner, depending on your preferences. With a PS5, you surely can enjoy the most demanding game titles like Last of Us Part II or Gears of War. You’ll be wanting a uber comfortable console gaming chair with additional lumbar support, a feature both these chairs have. Now, you can either go for the X Rocker Pro to enjoy an immersive audio experience as well or just keep it snug and simple with the Homall Recliner!
Floor gaming chairs can be the perfect choice for gamers who prefer the flexibility to enjoy gaming for long hours without being limited to a regular upright chair. With a floor gaming chair, you can maintain multiple postures, allowing more movement. The best floor gaming chairs come with design ergonomics you will find in most other top gaming chairs, from lumbar support to headrest and even footrests. E.g. – X Rocker Pro H3.
Lumbar support is crucial if you don’t want an aching back after a gaming sesh. When you sit upright, on the floor, or on a sofa, your back and neck muscles are constantly working to maintain the desired or required posture. Backaches, especially in the lower back, are common for gamers using a console gaming chair without lumbar support. With it, however, you are amply supported at the lower back by a padded pillow designed to relieve your back muscles and help you maintain an upright healthy body posture easily.
A console is a video game system like the Xbox or PlayStation. Gaming consoles are most often used in living rooms, connected to a television. Instead of gaming on the sofa or floor, console gaming chairs provide an alternative.
On Amazon’s list of best-selling video game chairs, gaming desk chairs are by far the most popular option. Also ranking on that list are three types of console gaming chairs. Popular console chairs are floor rockers, pedestal rockers, and gaming recliners.
Video gaming is a huge part of our modern culture, compared to what it was decades ago. Whereas gaming was seen more as a pastime, these days it is a lifestyle. It is something that can now also be a profession, in addition to it being a very social activity. The gaming industry has grown beyond machines and the games that run on them. It includes peripherals, accessories, and even furniture. They’re designed to not only function specifically for gaming and with gamers in mind, but also comfort, and of course, aesthetics. Avid gamers will have a setup that will include their console, a large HD TV, amazing sound systems or headsets for online communication. But serious gamers will often have what most people would neglect or take for granted: comfortable chairs. Put more specifically, hardcore gamers should look for the best gaming chairs for consoles.
Why a gaming chair you might wonder? Serious gaming will require you, the gamer, to sit and play for hours on end. Players sitting in an uncomfortable chair that can cause even just mild discomfort will find it annoying for a few minutes. And it will definitely get on their nerves when experienced for hours at a time. So it is definitely important to have an actual gaming chair when console gaming.
But what exactly makes a gaming chair different from any regular chair or couch? Isn’t a couch already comfortable already? Not to mention it probably already exists in the living room where your console is? Why spend money to get another chair just for gamers?
Best Chair for Console Gaming – For some, console gaming must have the right equipment for total game immersion. Therefore, finding the best console gaming chair is paramount to the transformation of the gaming experience. These immersion gamers are absolutely looking at the high-end audio gaming chairs (or they should be) where every pressed button not only effects the screen but makes the gamer feel as though they’re no longer sitting in their living room. However, this is one end of the spectrum; for other gamers the ideal chair is a comfy floor chair which doesn’t cost a fortune. Not only can these chairs be much more affordable, but they’re an easy purchase insuring gamers still have money for further gaming.
It’s important to look at all facets of each chair, and we have to rank them in order on this list. For this review, we’ve scoured the market to find the top 10 dogs. From the functionality of the chair – whether it supports wireless, recline or adjust – to the portability (dimensions and weight), as well as each gaming chair’s materials and warranty. Here we truly have the best of the best.
We went directly to the source every time and dived into product specs, as well as expert and customer reviews. For the gamers’ convenience, our advice has been broken down into the table summarizing our top 10 picks, comprehensive reviews of each product with pros and cons, and a buying guide, each segment providing detailed reviews and suggestions to make easier purchasing of the best console gaming chair for your needs.