Best Chair for Fibromyalgia – Fibromyalgia refers to a very painful form of rheumatism in your soft tissues and muscles. This condition can equally affect your ligaments and tendons and don’t often need any originator to develop.
Fibromyalgia under normal circumstances develop from other conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus, or Ankylosing Spondylitis.
The most noticed symptom of Fibromyalgia are pain and aching sensations in the muscles and joints, and can be throughout your entire body, in some cases well-defined tender points can easily be formed.
There are a few treatments for Fibromyalgia, although in most cases you will need to see a physician and take some form of medication.
Though in this article we are going to look at finding you the most comfortable reclining seat, to offer you pain relief and complete relaxation, that targets the areas and symptoms of this condition.
You’ll love this chair for its multiple adjustments. It really allows you to sit comfortably for many hours and focus on your work.
So what features you can find on Ergohuman office chair?
You can lower or raise the whole chair, as well as change the height of the backrest – depending on your height. Thanks to that you can adjust the lumbar support so it could fit your spine curves.
There is also tilt tension and 3-position tilt lock for those who’d like to take a break and relax a bit. You can lock the chair so it doesn’t tilt at all as well.
Another great feature is the headrest which you can slide up and down, as well change its angle. People who struggle with fibromyalgia often complain about neck stiffness and pain, therefore having a headrest that supports neck is so important.
Seat depth is adjustable too – just slide forward or backward to find the best position for your thighs and knees. Thanks to that you’ll decrease the risk of numbness in legs which is often one of fibromyalgia symptoms.
Armrests are height-adjustable and they pivot left to right therefore your wrists are always supported, whether you’re writing, typing or drawing.
The mesh on the seat and backrest prevents your body from sweating while giving you proper amount of the support without causing any pressure!
Even people after back surgery use this office chair and most of the customers (on Amazon) praise it for help with back ache, neck tension, hip and leg pain.
Keep in mind that Ergohuman office chair is most suitable for average in height and tall users (5’2’’- 6’5’’). It may be uncomfortable for a very short person.
Pros & Cons
- Made of Chrome/polypropylene base with nylon casters, this chair is made of 97% recyclable components
- Product dimensions – 29" D x 26.5" W x 46”-52" H | Seat dimensions – 18.5” D x 20.5” W | Seat height (lowest/highest) – 18.5”/22.2” | Back dimensions – 20.5” W x 28” H | Product weight – 66 lbs. | Weight limit – 250 lbs.
- Synchro-tilt mechanism and seat depth adjustment ensure users sit correctly and get the support they need, whether sitting upright or reclining
- Pneumatic cylinder raises and lowers chair quickly | Back, seat cushion, and headrest all adjust to fit an array of users and accommodate their individual needs
- Back angle adjustment with 3 position tilt-lock adjusts easily - lock the chair back into place in one of three positions, or simply use the tension control adjustment to control the amount of force to recline or sit up straight
2.Herman Miller Aeron
Pain and stiffness along your back, neck, and hips are common symptoms of fibromyalgia. Sitting around for a long time only increases stiffness in your muscles. However, the Aeron makes it possible to easily change positions or move around in your seat while still feeling supported.
The Aeron is best known for its 8Z pellicle mesh material, eight zones of varying tensions. Unlike most office chairs that use very rigid mesh materials, the Aeron uses a very flexible and forgiving mesh. This absorbs the pressure, which increases circulations and reduces pain.
In addition, the Aeron has a forward tilt feature allowing users to position their chair forward. As a result, your hips open up, and the weight distribution shifts forward. This puts less stress on your hips and tailbone. If you want to take the load off your lower back, you can either adjust the lumbar support or recline the seatback.
The Aeron offers their unique PostureFit SL, which is two individual lumbar pads that can be adjusted separately. It supports the base of your spine so that keeping a healthy posture becomes effortless. This also helps to keep your pelvis tilted slightly forward and chest open, taking the load off your back as well.
Pros & Cons
- Tilt Tension Control
- Feature- Tilt Lock
- Back Angle Adjustment
- Seat Height Adjustment
- Tilt Tension Control
- Feature- Tilt Lock
- Back Angle Adjustment
- Seat Height Adjustment
When it comes to budget office chairs, SIHOO stands on top. It provides an ergonomically designed chair to keep your body comfortable and relaxed at a very affordable price point.
The ergonomically built chair comes with a durable metal frame and a sturdy design. It is hefty and can hold up to 350 pounds capacity, accommodating people of any size and shape while making it extremely durable.
This product’s highlight is that it has a two-way fine-tuning lumbar pillow that protects the spine and is integrated with a multi-dimensional free rotating head pillow suitable for the work environment.
The mesh used is wear-and-tear resistant and has passed all the rigorous standard SGS checks; it has also been carried out by the high strength metal gas lift and foundation. The compressive strength of the excellent net mesh is much more vigorous than regular cloth.
Another great highlight of this product is that it has a smooth and thickened PU roller that does not damage the surface. The mesh armrests can be positioned in or out to form a closed or open “V” shape, apart from being adjustable in height.
It is convenient for resting and working as it can move up and down. The chair can tilt up to 90-125 degrees. To adjust the back tilting, you need to spin the knob from the bottom of the chair, and it can be changed quickly.
The chair is perfect for Fibro patients who are most affected by lower back pain. It has a comfortable and adjustable lumbar support pillow and an S-shaped seat for spine support.
Pros & Cons
- 【Ergonomic Office Chair Customized To You】A rolling office chair adequately supports your spines and hugs your back. The large mesh back is composed with 2 parts, when you sit on the swivel desk chair, it can offer you proper lumbar support.
- 【Large & Tall Office Chair】For some user with longer thighs(5'8" to 6'3" tall), the SUNNOW ergonomic chair is a good choice. You can freely adjust the seat height and allow your feet touch the floor comfortable. Size of the whole chair(WxDxH): 26.4*26.4*45-49.8 in. Size of the seat(WxDxH): 19.5*17*19-23 in. Max capacity: 300 LBS.
- 【Adjustable Armrest & Headrest】MORE CUSTOMIZED ADJUSTMENTS. The 2D armrests glide up & down at 6 gears, rotate right & left. The headrest go up & down, rotate. Recline and lock the chair freely(90~120°), it allows you lock the computer task chair at 3 different positions.
- 【High-elastic & Breathable Mesh】GREAT QUALITY BUILD. The mesh back and mesh seat are breathable, relieve the trouble of sweating and provide long-lasting support. A good choice for 6-8 hrs work.
- 【Easy To Assemble】2-year warranty. Contains all required tools and user manual, it takes 20-25 minutes to assemble this ergonomic office chair. Any issue of assembly and function, just contact us for quick solutions.
4.SMUG Office Ergonomic
You will love this chair for multiple reasons, but the topline is that it comes with a natural curve of the spine and is fast and easy to adjust to any body type.
If you are looking for a perfect balance between comfort, quality, price, and design, then this chair is for you.
In terms of features, this chair has the basics well covered from providing breathable mesh fabric, 360-degree swivel, 135 degrees recline, ottoman footrest, and much more.
SmugDesk comes with a highly breathable mesh and is made up of soft quality sponge for maximum comfort. The multi-function mechanism includes pneumatic controls making it easier to adjust the seat according to your convenience.
The chair has a sculpted seat with a canopy fabricated from breathable mesh that helps you sit on the chair for long hours without any discomfort to the body. The lumbar support feature is best implemented in this chair as it provides exceptional support to the neck and back, avoiding any pressure to the body.
It also comes with a support pillow that helps relieve pain and fatigue, especially for people who have Fibromyalgia. You can easily adjust the seat, headrest, and backrest. Moreover, you can also turn on the rocking mode to relax and take a break.
SmugDesk high back office chairs are an excellent choice for users who want a balance between comfort, quality, price, and design, all of this in one chair. This is an all-around nice chair at a fair price.
Pros & Cons
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chairs directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chairs good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic office chairs come with 2 years warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer you effective solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the office computer chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
Not everyone can afford the Aeron. Luckily, there are more affordable options that still can keep your body supported while working. The Staples Hyken offers plenty of adjustable features that help workers sit in an optimal position for productivity. You can adjust the seat height, armrest height, back angle, and tilt tension.
Also, the Hyken comes with a full mesh upholstery allowing air to circulate and keep you sweat-free. Feeling hot or sitting in a warm seat can cause discomfort and distract you from working.
For fibromyalgia sufferers who have tenderness behind their head or neck, you may find the headrest quite helpful. Your neck can easily become stiff and cause a lot of pain. It can be adjusted by height and angle to support your neck and shoulders. In addition, you can comfortably nap on your office chair, knowing that your neck won’t be left in an awkward position.
Pros & Cons
- 【Ergonomic Double Lumbar Support】- Designed with a double-back structure, the ergonomic office chair fits your body well, which supports the upper back and waist together. So you can fully feel the support and curvature of the waist design. A real ergonomic lumbar support for daily working, even if you work for 6-8 hours. The beautiful design of silver X-shaped structure and silver arms will fit your office/study.
- 【Large & Big Office Chair】- With an extremely larger back and larger seat, the ergonomic chair is suitable for people of about 5'9" to 6'3". The whole chair size (including the arms): 40.9"W x 29.5"D x 45.7"-51.2"H, the seat size: 18.9"W x 17.9"D x 17.7"-21.6"H, the whole back size: 21.7"L x 18.9"W. Loading Capacity up to 280 lbs. The waterfall-shaped cushion reduces pressure on the buttocks and thigh, it also ensures that the edge of the seat won't cut off circulation to your thighs.
- 【Adjustable 2D Armrest & Headrest】- The multi-use arms can be adjusted up & down, front & back, which provides you with more conveniences to work. You can easily lower the armrests to push it under the desk, saving your room. Its large support surface fully support your arms. Free adjusting the headrest (height & angle) to reduce the daily pain on neck and shoulder. The computer office chair has lots of features to fit your body and working needs.
- 【Tilt Function & Breathable Mesh】- Modify the mesh chair’s back tilt and lock at 3 different positions. Made of flexible and friendly mesh material, the adjustable desk chair prevents one from sweating or heat. High quality mesh also resists abrasion and transformation.
- 【Easy To Install & Warranty】- All office computer chairs come with at least 2 years warranty, so just email us directly to get faster & effective assistance. With clear user manual and tools, you can easily assemble the executive chair (about 15~20 min). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, protect wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base add durability and stylish appearances.
6.WorkPro® Quantum 9000
For those who can’t afford the Aeron but want similar features or designs, the WorkPro Quantum 9000 is a great alternative. Considering the price point, it’s hard to find a chair with a better value. One of the big advantages of the Quantum 9000 is that it offers more adjustability than most chairs. For example, you can adjust the height for the backrest and also the seat depth.
Oftentimes, the midback chair may not be suited for tall people because their back isn’t fully supported. However, the Quantum allows you to raise or lower the backrest height to ensure your entire back is supported. The seat depth adjustment ensures that your back is always against the backrest. It also accommodates people of different leg lengths. For tall people, they may find that laying on the backrest causes a cut-off in circulation under their thighs. In contrast, it could mean that their feet aren’t planted on the ground for short people.
Some people with fibromyalgia suffer from joint and muscle pain, especially in their hips and knees. Proper seat depth helps distribute the weight evenly, which alleviates pressure in your hips and knee joints. Some people with fibromyalgia suffer from joint and muscle pain, especially in their hips and knees.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Chair For Fibromyalgia
Patients who have Fibromyalgia feel constant pain in their muscles and usually have discomfort all over the body. This is why having an ergonomic chair is essential while choosing the best chair for Fibromyalgia. A good chair should always support your back, neck, head, and must be ergonomically designed to maintain the right posture while working. Before buying a chair, ensure if the chair has a 360-degree swivel, tilt mechanism, and lumbar support for a comfortable and pain-free experience.
The material used in making the chair should be of soft quality with breathable mesh. Mesh provides excellent support and is suitable for ventilation. The outer body should be made up of durable plastic, steel, or aluminum with high-quality PU caster wheels that roll silently. Ensure the material used in the construction is recyclable and environment-friendly.
A fully adjustable chair can help you stay more comfortable and relaxed in the office environment. Make sure the chair is smooth and rolls easily on any surface area with a 360-degree swivel. It should be fully adjustable in length and width, allowing you to adjust the headrest as per your requirement.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes discomfort and tenderness in the body. It happens when your brain and spinal cord cannot control or interpret pain signals from other parts of your body.
What is the best chair for Fibromyalgia?
All of the chairs mentioned above give excellent performance when used in an office environment. To get a phenomenal sitting experience, we have chosen the Homall High Back Ergonomic Chair as it’s a perfect choice to manage pain and avoid fatigue amongst fibromyalgia patients.
Why do office chairs cause back pains?
The main reason behind excessive back pains on regular office chairs is because of the static posture. It increases the stress on the back, shoulders, arms, and legs. Having an ergonomic design office chair can help you eliminate the frequent back pains and help you work at peace.
If you sit at a desk all day long for work or school, you might notice the type of chair you use affects your symptoms. A not-so-great desk chair can end up making your chronic pain worse. But if you need to be able to sit at a desk, what are you supposed to do? Just suffer in silence? Not a chance! With some research and experimentation, you’re likely to find a chair that works for you.
What makes a comfortable office chair?
There are too many comfortable office chairs available to buy on the internet to count, and which one is considered “the best” varies by person. Shah mentions that there are no overarching guidelines in terms of comfort for every single person because it is subjective and dependent on how they like to sit during work. However, Shah says everyone should look for the same few things in a capable office chair to help maintain a healthy sitting position. Opt for an office chair that has:
- Adjustable height and back angles that allows you to customize your chair to your sitting preference. A good office chair will prop you up into a “task” position to naturally keep your posture upright and prevent slouching or hunched shoulders.
- Accommodating cushioning to evenly distribute your body weight and relieve pressure on your joints. A soft yet supportive cushion will help correct poor posture (and feel nice on the tush).
Not sure where to start? With the above features in mind, we compiled a list of comfortable chairs that real shoppers use and love. And bonus, they’re all available on Amazon. Whether you’ve recently developed lower back pain or you’re planning to work from home for the long run, you’re going to want to sit on something that supports you 24/7—not just from 9 to 5.
You might need a chair that helps relieve back pain or a chair that helps with your posture. Or maybe you just have constant pain everywhere and need a chair that can change depending on your needs that day. Whatever your reasons might be, finding the right desk chair can help make your day a bit easier.
We wanted to hear from people who have found desk chairs that have worked for them, so we asked our Mighty community for their recommendations. While these desk chairs have helped the members of our chronic pain community, they might not fit for your needs. At the very least, we hope the recommendations below give you some potential options.
Best Chair for Fibromyalgia – Fighting against fibromyalgia symptoms can be extremely difficult, especially when you’re navigating through everyday activities such as standing, sitting, walking, lifting objects, and exercising. If you’re someone that experiences constant pain around your body, the last thing you want to do is sit in a chair for 8 hours a day.
Maybe your neck and back are stiff, and it’s uncomfortable to sit up straight. Prolonged sitting only exacerbates the stiffness and may cause numbness in your arms and legs. As a result, you may struggle to concentrate or get any work done.
That’s why it’s important to choose the proper ergonomic office chair designed to keep you comfortable and pain-free. In this article, we’ll discuss what fibromyalgia is, the best office chairs for this condition, and what features to look for before buying.
You wake up every morning feeling tired with pain in your joints – it was another night when you slept poorly.
You feel stabbing pain or burning sensation in your muscles, especially in your back and neck. Your body is fatigued and stiff after the whole night.