Best Chair for Piriformis Syndrome – The best chair for piriformis syndrome is a good-quality office chair with proper lumbar support. Plus, it should be adjustable to fit your body type and height.
Additionally, enough padding is necessary to sit comfortably with no pressure on your lower back or hips. If possible, avoid hard edges in the seat because they could cause pain when sitting down.
Also, make sure that the chair’s armrests do not touch your shoulders, which may put unnecessary stress on them. Always choose one from our expert recommendations and let us know how it works for you.
Do you suffer from Sciatica, Piriformis Syndrome, or some other form of chronic lower back and/or leg pain? If so, you know what a challenge it can be to stay productive. The pain can be blinding and all-consuming, and it can make it virtually impossible to get any meaningful work done.
If that’s something you’re currently struggling with, you’re going to like what you read in our latest roundup review.
We’ve scoured the internet on a quest to answer one question: What is the best office chair for sciatica in 2022? Our research has led us to a definitive answer, and in just a moment, we’ll tell you all about it, and the other top contenders we discovered along the way.
While it’s true that none of the chairs on this list provide a magic cure for sciatica, all of them make it possible to work with and around the condition, making it possible for you to have several productive hours a day at your desk, and that’s huge.
This chair comprises adjustable features, smooth graphite, high-quality polyester fabric, and carpet-friendly wheels. Thus, it suits all your office needs.
Gesture Chair design supports the whole-body posture to eliminate pain. Again, the high-quality construction makes it sturdy for your weight.
Because of the premium cushioning, the chair is comfortable. As such, it reduces pressure from long hours of sitting. Besides, the edge of the seat bends slightly around the perimeter to relieve pressure under the thighs.
A friend noted he likes it when the chair rotates through 360 degrees allowing him to pick anything without pushing or pulling the chair.
I liked the 3D-live back technology, which mimics my spine’s natural movement, hence relieving pain and promoting good posture.
Justin says that he bought this chair for the office and he likes that it is comfortable and adjustable. He believes that this is a life-changing experience.
A user noted that this chair has great quality and she is impressed with the gesture.
As usual, you can try out this piriformis syndrome chair and save your back from extreme pain.
- New Gesture Chair with Headrest Plus Lumbar Support - A new sitting experience designed with a back and seat that move as a synchronized system moving with each user to provide continue and persistent support
- Arms move like a human arm which allows users to be supported in any position
- Seat has comfort all the way to the edge with a flexible perimeter to allow users to sit in a range of positions
- Arms and shoulders remain supported regardless of device being used
- Designed to be quickly adjustable and takes into account various body types and sitting preferences
Duramont chair features lumbar support, wheels, high back, and a breathable mesh. Therefore, it is comfortable for users experiencing back problems.
A high-quality chair with the ability to support over 330lbs is a good piriformis chair. Because of the adjustable height, long back, and breathable mesh, you can spend the whole day relaxing on the Duramont chair without pain.
Notable features include the thick cushion, soft headrest, and armrests, which guarantee a comfortable piriformis syndrome sitting position.
Furthermore, the back lubes support is fully adjustable, thus safe on your back. Although it is easy to install with all instructions available, you need to be keen not to miss details.
George says that he recently had surgery and wanted a chair that could help him heal quickly. He is happy that this chair meets his demands by supporting his weight capacity of 250pounds.
Another Amazon customer noted that he likes the way the chair leans backward allowing him to rest while protecting his back against aching.
If you are looking for the best office chair for piriformis syndrome high-back comfortable chair, this is the deal!
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS — Unlike the office chairs sold by our competitors, which allow you to either fully recline or sit upright, we have a SECOND adjustment lever that allows you to lock in your desired recline angle at ANY degree. That way, you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you.
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
3.Herman Miller Aeron
Herman Miller has been there for over 20 years with exceptional products for modern users. First, the chair features a tilt mechanism, breathability, and adjustable posture. Hence, it works well for anyone needing comfort.
Are you looking for a graphite size B chair? Herman Miller Aeron offers a comfortable chair packed with a soft sitting area, tilt limiter with three postures, and adjustable lumbar support.
When in use, you can lean forward or backward to get comfortable in your office. Still, you can adjust the lumbar support independently to curve your spine.
Furthermore, the arms adjust fully and move through 15 degrees to support your elbows. Lastly, the chair features wheels to safeguard the floor against damage.
One user noted that she had been struggling with back problems but since acquiring this chair, it solved the issue.
On the other hand, Bryan said that the chair helped him solve serious back problems as he was desperately looking for a solution.
If you have back problems and are looking for an affordable chair, this solves your problems.
- Suspension seating with full ergonomic support and an iconic design that complements any space
- Features: size B provides optimal ergonomic support for people between 5'3" And 6'6" In height and weighing between 140 and 300 pounds, adjustable lumbar support, standard tilt, Height adjustable arms, and carpet casters
- Fabric: the 8Z Pellicle offers eight latitudinal zones of varying tension in the Seat and Back to provide targeted pressure distribution and eliminate heat buildup.Seat Height:16-20.5 inch
- The Herman Miller Aeron Chair shipped and sold by is backed by our 12-year, 3-shift.
- Ships fully assembled. Made in the U. S. A
Serta AIR features a high back, lumbar support, swivel, and bonded leather. All these features make it ideal for relaxing and relieving pain.
The Serta comes with layered pillows and padded arms which support your body. Therefore, it is perfect for anyone feeling pain in the lower body.
Additionally, the lumbar technology is unique since lumbar pivots move to allow the needed support.
I liked the executive style with leather, wood, and fine stitching. They make your chair look attractive and durable hence worth your money.
Moreover, the smooth-rolling casters ease movement from one place to the other. Thus, you enjoy the convenience of moving everywhere for all-day comfort.
A customer noted that the chair is very comfortable and has an excellent lumbar support system for his painful back.
In addition, another customer said that rolling is easy since the casters move and protect the flooring carpet. The unique design matches well to his height.
- PROFESSIONAL AND COMFORTABLE: Ergonomic desk chair with layered body pillows and padded armrests
- AIR LUMBAR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to provide back support and help improve posture
- EXECUTIVE STYLE: Bonded leather with contrast stitching.Material of Frame:Wood
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Seat-side cable-actuated levers offer convenient height and tilt adjustments
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Multi-surface, dual-wheel designer casters make it easy to move around
5.DRAGONN by VIVO
Are you looking for a kneeling chair that is very comfortable to improve your posture? Dragonn is lightweight and durable to support up to 250 pounds. Therefore, it fits perfectly for users undergoing pain when sitting.
The stool is very comfortable, thanks to the thick cushion that supports your body. Additionally, the chair’s functional design lets you enjoy the benefits of good posture while keeping your spine aligned.
I liked the heavy-duty stool with a metal base to last for years. Plus, it improves stability.
Lastly, the stool is sleek with a modern design. As such, it fits different offices, houses, and rooms that require a space-saving chair.
- Ergonomic Kneeling Chair - We’ve got your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind!) Your ergonomic kneeling chair with back support is equipped with a mesh three-inch thick cushion to ensure excellent support. It features 4 casters (wheels) so you have the freedom to move – just like your old office chair! PLEASE NOTE: You will use different muscles in a kneeling chair, so it’s best to acclimate yourself when first using or switch positions throughout the day.
- Better Posture While Tilted - There is no reason to hunch over your keyboard or desk for hours on end anymore. This posture chair has a functional design that gives you the posture benefits of standing and the relief of sitting all in one. It will keep your back at an upright position, distributing your weight evenly throughout your buttocks and legs, all while keeping your spine aligned.
- Heavy Duty - This ergonomic kneeling stool is designed with a strong metal base and is constructed to last. Your new rolling kneeling chair supports up to 250 lbs.
- Modern Design - With a sleek all black style – your new kneeling stool is perfect fit for your home, office, classroom, or anywhere you need a little extra support!
- Height Adjustable - You can adjust the DRAGONN chair to the size that suits you. It ranges from 21" to 31", allowing you to find the perfect position. Once you sit in our ergonomic chair, you will wonder why you didn't get this earlier.
Ergohuman is a high-back chair with a tilt function. Besides, it features mesh construction, adjustable tilt, and back angle adjustment. All the features make it suitable for relaxing and relieving pain.
Since the Ergohuman chair has features like a swivel headrest, mesh, adjustable height, and a stable chrome base, it works well for those experiencing pain when sitting.
The mesh surface allows for easy air circulation preventing sweating back when seated for extended hours. Plus, the comfortable seat cushion lets you enjoy sitting for long hours comfortably.
I liked the fact that the chair comes from high-quality recyclable materials; hence, ecological-friendly. Moreover, it is strong to support up to 250 lbs.
My associates like the three adjustment and lock positions where you can adjust and lock the chair in any position for comfort.
- Made of Chrome/polypropylene base with nylon casters, this chair is made of 97% recyclable components
- Product dimensions – 29" D x 26.5" W x 46”-52" H | Seat dimensions – 18.5” D x 20.5” W | Seat height (lowest/highest) – 18.5”/22.2” | Back dimensions – 20.5” W x 28” H | Product weight – 66 lbs. | Weight limit – 250 lbs.
- Synchro-tilt mechanism and seat depth adjustment ensure users sit correctly and get the support they need, whether sitting upright or reclining
- Pneumatic cylinder raises and lowers chair quickly | Back, seat cushion, and headrest all adjust to fit an array of users and accommodate their individual needs
- Back angle adjustment with 3 position tilt-lock adjusts easily - lock the chair back into place in one of three positions, or simply use the tension control adjustment to control the amount of force to recline or sit up straight
Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Office Chair for Piriformis Syndrome
If you understand how to pick the best chair for the piriformis, your investment would be worth the money. Therefore, here are the things to consider.
Very Comfortable Seat Cushioning
A chair for piriformis should be comfortable and supportive. Hence, it must have a soft cushioned backrest with good lumbar support.
This helps prevent muscle strain in the lower back area. So, I recommend getting an ergonomic office chair that provides better posture while sitting at work.
In most cases, a lack of a comfortable piriformis seat cushion causes pain on your buttocks or hips. If this occurs, you need to look into buying one.
Last but not least, make sure that your office chair is sturdy and durable. There’s no worse feeling than having to sit in a chair that is flimsy and jiggly. You can be sure that every single chair on this list is made by a reputable manufacturer, giving you better peace of mind when you move around in your office chair.
What’s the point of buying an office chair that breaks down after 1 month? While extensive features are important considerations, so is its durability. Buying an office chair made with high-quality materials not only promotes better sitting comfort, but ensures the chair’s longevity as well. Think of it as an investment.
Equally important than buying the best office chair for piriformis syndrome is to understand how to sit properly. If you suffer from this ailment, we recommend you take the time to read our comprehensive guide on how to sit with piriformis syndrome. Everything is laid out simply to help you find better comfort while you work.
The ideal chair for piriformis syndrome must have adjustable height so that you can adjust it according to your needs. Luckily, many chairs are available today, but not all of them offer such features.
Some may only come with fixed heights which makes it difficult to change its position at your convenience. So, make sure that the chair you buy offers these options.
You should always ensure that the backrest angle is right. Generally, people prefer having their backs straight up against the wall. However, some like to lean forward when they sit down.
If you are in this bracket, then you might lean backward too much. Therefore, you need to check whether the backrest angle allows you to do just that without causing discomfort.
You should never forget about the armrest as well. They provide comfort and stability during long hours of working. Note that armrests require padding to avoid slipping off quickly.
Good armrests eliminate pressure points from being formed on your arms.
Excellent Seat Cushioning
Because piriformis syndrome causes discomfort from the buttocks to the backside of the thigh, sitting in an office chair with excellent seat cushioning is a must. Chances are, the improper seat cushioning, or lack thereof, is what may cause the pain in the first place. You wouldn’t want to worsen the condition, right?
Think about it, when you sit in an office chair without the right seat cushioning, the backside of your thigh has to sustain the entire weight of your body awkwardly. This may result in an injury, especially when you sit for long periods of time. This consideration alone is crucial to prevent piriformis syndrome in the first place.
Adequate Lower Back Support
If you buy an office chair with adequate back support, you never have to worry about suffering from piriformis syndrome, just because you know that the chair has got your back. As the day goes by, you will slouch. An office chair with lower back support helps maintain a neutral sitting posture most of the time.
Did you know that inadequate lower back support is one of the biggest culprits of most back pain problems? To mitigate any risk of lower body pain, it’s a good idea to choose an office chair with proper lumbar support. We’ve done our part to make sure that all the chairs on this list come with extraordinary back support.
Cool and Breathable Materials
Believe it or not, sitting in a chair that does not promote breathability may cause piriformis syndrome. When you sit uncomfortably, you may subconsciously sit in an awkward position just to compensate for the discomfort. This, in turn, may cause pain in the lower body, especially after long hours of sitting.
Be sure to buy an office chair that promotes cool airflow to maximize your comfort while sitting. Not only will you sit better for longer hours, but you can better concentrate on your task at hand. If you have a breathable chair, you never have to worry about inadvertently sitting in an awkward position ever again.
Seat Tilt Mechanism And Tilt Tension Control
This feature helps you maintain proper body alignment by allowing you to move around freely. A lot of times, users slouch over our desks because there’s no way out. But, if you don’t use a desk chair with a built-in seat tilt function, you won’t be able to correct your posture.
Some models even have a tilt tension control system. With this option, you can choose between two settings: Standard and locked.
When set to normal mode, the chair tilts automatically based on your weight. On the other hand, when set to locked mode, the chair remains stationary regardless of your weight.
What Is the Correct Sitting Position for People with Piriformis Syndrome?
The correct sitting position for people with Piriformis Syndrome is sitting cross-legged with the knees slightly bent and feet flat on the floor. Generally, this position lets you get a posture that helps relieve tension in your back muscles.
Besides, you sit comfortably, having no pressure points or sore spots that may cause pain. If this isn’t comfortable, it could be because of tightness in your hamstrings or hip flexors. Thus, get the best office chair for buttock pain.
What Is the Best Chair for Piriformis Syndrome?
The best chair for Piriformis Syndrome is the one that you can sit in comfortably. If your back pain results from sitting too long, then a good quality ergonomic office chair helps to reduce or eliminate this problem.
Also, consider purchasing an adjustable desk if it’s possible. This is because they are more comfortable than fixed-height desks, and they allow you to adjust them according to how much weight you have on your legs.
Is Sitting Worse for Piriformis Syndrome?
Sitting for long hours is a common cause of piriformis syndrome. Assuming the same position for long hours causes hip and buttock pain.
However, this pain can be relieved by lying down or standing up. Notably, the patient should avoid prolonged sitting to prevent recurrence of symptoms.
If you’re shopping for a new chair to help reduce piriformis syndrome, make sure to read this post first…
… I lived with piriformis syndrome for years and tried everything under the sun to get rid of the nagging pain, including many different expensive chairs and gadgets.
I’m excited to share some essential tips that I feel will help you dramatically improve your sitting experience in the office.
You probably won’t even need to buy any special chairs after this post. I’ll show you simple tricks you can use with an ordinary chair you probably already have at your home.
If you’re concerned about your lower back pain and think it might be caused by Piriformis Syndrome and now you’re looking for an office chair to help better support you and cut down on the pain, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll be reviewing 10 of the best office chairs for piriformis syndrome on the market. We’ll look at factors including the build quality, features, adjustability, materials, comfort, and price to help you decide which is the best fit for you.
Best Sitting Positions For Piriformis Syndrome
I started going back to the basics and ditching all the special chairs I had. I chose a straightforward straightforward chair.
Avoid Chairs That Sink Your Hips
I started using a blanket to elevate my hips up to be slightly higher up than my knees. This change immediately helped me reduce my pain level.
If your chair is pushing your hips lower, the lumbar spine will sink into flexion. A rounded lumbar spine leads to more pressure on the discs, resulting in sciatica and piriformis tightness.
This is why I like chairs with a firm cushion and mostly a flat surface.
I understand a blanket may not look professional in an office set-up. In this case, check out this memory foam cushion.
You can use it at work as well as in your car.
Add A Lumbar Support
One thing that can quickly trigger piriformis pain is stress on the lumbar spine over an extended period. You can roll another small blanket or place a small pillow behind your back to support your spine and reduce the pressure.
Again, if you’d like more professional-looking lumbar support, you can check out this one here.
I used it for many years and still use it in my car.
Open Up Your Legs
A simple techniques I shared previously in my initial video on how to sit without irritating the piriformis, is to simply open up your legs while using the lumbar support.
There was a period of my life where I was addicted to stretching in the office. It helped me get quick relief, and I got so hooked on getting through the day.
However, after learning the hard way and realizing that stretching would not fix my pain, I changed my strategy.
This particular exercise was beneficial at work. You have to use the blanket or cushion you’re already using, place it between your knees.
Suffering from piriformis syndrome can be a pain in the behind, literally and figuratively. According to Harvard Medical School, piriformis syndrome may be the most common cause of sciatic-type back pain you’ve never heard of. If you have persistent buttock pain that travels into the leg, you could have piriformis syndrome.
This issue alone can cause trouble when sitting at work. Therefore, in this post, we review the best office chair for piriformis syndrome. Whether you work at a home office or communal building, choosing the right desk chair can make or break your body. By the end of this post, you should be able to find the right chair.
Since you are looking for an office chair that could help you overcome piriformis syndrome, you have to be careful with your choice. As if Piriformis syndrome gets worse, you might have to avoid sitting entirely, or you might need medical assistance as well.
We have picked some of the best office chairs that you can get to overcome piriformis syndrome and prevent your body from undergoing extreme pain.
Besides getting a chair, you must be aware that some lifestyle changes are also required. We will discuss them later in this guide, first us take you through the products.
Numbness and pain in your hips and buttocks region due to piriformis syndrome is a real pain, especially when you have to sit idle in place for a prolonged period of time. It is a wise idea to opt for a nice chair in such cases, and although it will not treat your piriformis syndrome, it will help make your life much less painful. If you are also looking to ease your experience with piriformis syndrome, this is the right article for you!
Almost every person involved in doing paperwork or office regulations that require them having to stay in a chair for a long time, have to face some sort of pain and numbness in their lower body. If you are such a person, it is crucial to consider having a comfortable chair even if you do not have the piriformis syndrome, in order to avoid that in the future.
There are hundreds of comfortable chairs available for you to choose from. However, going through such a huge list is a bit overwhelming and I am here to make your life easier. So in this article, I will list 10 best chairs for piriformis syndrome for you to choose from.
You need to keep a few things in mind and consider your options before you jump in to spend thousands of dollars on a chair.
Consult Your Doctor
It is unwise to take any step at all before seeing a doctor. After you have taken advice from your doctor and proper medication, and your doctor suggests you to buy a chair to help the situation then you can choose to do so. Oftentimes we have pain in our lower back and buttock area for sitting still for a prolonged period of time. Maybe this is just recurring pain and not any cause for concern.
Best Chair for Piriformis Syndrome – Are you feeling the pain when seated or standing for long hours? The Best Chair For Piriformis Syndrome solves this problem. Generally, it helps in relieving your back and leg pains, as well as improving blood circulation.
Besides, you can use it while sitting on the toilet. This chair design features ergonomic aspects that are very comfortable. Plus, it comes with an adjustable height and tilt mechanism, making it easy to adjust according to your needs.
Even though the market has plenty of chairs available, there is no guarantee that they could provide a solution to all your problems. Continue reading for more details about the best chairs to help you relieve the pain. There is a buying guide afterward!