Best Chair for Tall Person – So, you’ve seen what we consider to be the top tall-person friendly office chairs currently on the market, and you even know how we chose those six models out of all the countless options available.
Still, if there’s one key thing you should take away from this guide more than any other, it’s that determining the absolute best chair for you is all a matter of catering to your own individual needs, tastes, and preferences.
If like many people, you suffer from back pain after a long time sitting at your desk, then models like the popular Steelcase Gesture and Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair with their curved, ergo-designed backrests and superior lumbar support should definitely be on your radar.
If you like the idea of combining high levels of durability with the flexibility to choose from a range of materials, you may consider the Oak Hollow Aloria.
But if you’re simply looking for hands-down the best office chair for tall people that money can buy, then the ample size, support, and adjustable features make the XEUR Ergonomic Office Chair a clear winner in our opinion.
1.XUER Ergonomic Office Chair
When selecting our favorite big and tall office chairs, we were looking for those that were sufficiently sized to accommodate larger users, provided plenty of comfort in terms of seating, back and armrests, and adjustable features, and were strong and durable enough to support taller users.
With that in mind, it should come as no surprise to learn that the XEUR Ergonomic Office Chair topped the chart for best tall-person friendly office chair of the year as it scored the highest marks in all of those categories, and then scored extra marks for looks, ergonomics, and superior seating quality.
First of all, there’s the size factor.
From the tip of the floor to the top of the headrest, the whole chair can extend to as tall as 62″ with an adjustable floor-seat height of between 18.5″ – 21.65″. Add in a seat width of 19.9″ and an adjustable seat depth of between 16.14″ and 17.71″ and what you’ve got here is a chair that’s very suited to those of a larger frame.
Yet what really sets this one apart from the crowd is the way it’s been ergonomically designed to deliver maximum comfort.
Take the seat, for example. The dipped, curved design with waterfall edge relieves pressure on the back of your legs which improves overall circulation to help you maintain focus and energy throughout your day, while the breathable mesh design ensures proper airflow to keep you cool and comfortable.
That mesh is extended to the backrest, where you’ll find enhanced lumbar support and 99° – 119° adjustability so that you can find the perfect position to suit you.
Elsewhere, the PU leather armrests can be adjusted in three directions (up-down, left-right, back-forth), and while there are those that do offer four-directional adjustability, it really isn’t a deal-breaker when you consider how comfortable this one feels after all-day use.
Finally, we should point out that the XEUR Ergonomic Office Chair also proved excellent in terms of durability, with the manufacturer’s maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs that means it’s going to provide exceptional support for a long time to come.
Pros & Cons
- ★【Ergonomic Office Chair】XUER office chair features an S-shaped backrest that fits your lumbar spine better, protecting your back and shoulders from pain and fatigue from prolonged sitting. W-shaped design sponge cushion, reduce the pressure on your legs, suitable for long-term sedentary work up to 8 hours a day.
- ★【Breathable Mesh Chair】Our computer chairs are made of high-quality mesh, which is resistant to abrasion and not easily deformed. The mesh backrest keeps the air flowing, refreshing and comfortable, so that the summer is not sweltering.
- ★【Adjustable Function】Compared to other desk chairs, we are more adjustable. 3.93 inch stepless height adjustment, 126° super-angle backrest tilt, PU lift armrest and adjustable headrest. Find the most comfortable sitting position for you.
- ★【High Quality】XUER home office desk chair has passed BIFMA and SGS test. Made from the highest quality and environmentally friendly materials, it can support a weight of up to 330lbs. Rollerblade wheels let you move easily and protect your floors.
- ★【3-Years Warranty】The installation tools and instructions are in the carton, and the installation only takes 20 minutes. If the chair has quality problems, please contact us, we promise 3-years warranty and replace the damaged product accessories for you free of charge.
2.Oak Hollow Aloria
The one thing we love about the Oak Hollow Aloria more than anything else is the flexibility and a sheer number of variations and customizable options.
The Oak Hollow brand offer this popular chair with a choice of leather, fabric, or mesh seats, with or without the headrest, and with your choice of supporting base, not to mention three separate colors.
This means you can pick and choose components to pick a model that delivers all of Aloria’s trademark comfort, strength, and high-caliber ergonomics with important finishes tailored to suit your tastes and seating preferences.
Ultimately though, it was the version with the soft, fabric seat, mesh back, and attachable, adjustable headrest that earned the Oak Hollow Aloria a place on our list simply because those three components deliver the best of all worlds.
That seat is made from a thick, high-density molded foam which provides the kind of soft seating you can sink into while still feeling well-supported. It’s finished with a high-performance fabric for maximum protection against rips and stains.
Meanwhile, the mesh seat amplifies that comfort level when putting in those long sessions at the office.
Then there’s the adjustability factor: 4-D adjustable armrests, a synchro-tilt mechanism on the backrest that locks in four different comfortable positions (as well as offering an unlocked setting for those days if you prefer a chair that moves with you), and ample seat-depth adjustment.
User reviews from people 6’4″ – 6’6″ tall and above report that this chair more than meets their needs, confirming our own verdict that this is undoubtedly a quality chair that should be on any tall person’s radar.
Pros & Cons
- 【Genuine Leather Seat】 - The Aloria Series ergonomic office chair by Oak Hollow Furniture comes equipped with an upgraded, soft and supple genuine cowhide leather seat. Why buy a cheap PU or bonded leather chair that may contain harsh chemicals or wear down quickly? This upgraded genuine leather seat design is meant to withstand years of use in a working or home-office environment. Invest in your health with a chair that is intended to last with quality materials and a better ergonomic design.
- 【Adjustability Options】 - We've outfitted the Aloria Series office chair with a host of adjustability features, including the 4-way adjustable armrests, a padded lumbar support cushion that can be adjusted up and down, a synchro tilt mechanism which allows for 4 different locking positions, a free-float unlocked setting, tilt tension adjustment for greater control of the backrest, and seat depth adjustment for front and back positioning. Find the perfect settings and make this chair your own!
- 【Perfect Fit】 - This ergonomic office chair is designed to fit the majority of users comfortably! Choose your perfect cylinder height - We provide 2 different pneumatic seat height options so the chair will accommodate most height ranges. Short or tall, it will work for you! Find your perfect height setting, tilt options, backrest tension, and seat position to optimize your comfort in the Aloria Series office chair. Recommended weight limit of 300 lbs., and a wide range of supported heights!
- 【Sleek and Professional Design】 - Enhance your work space with the Aloria Series office chair - whether you are building a business from home or spending long days on the job, an Aloria office chair is the perfect addition to your office setup. These chairs are perfect as executive and managers chairs, conference room chairs, task chairs, or employee chairs. Whatever the goal, this chair is designed to improve & enhance your office and work space experience with sleek design and comfortability.
- 【Trusted Products and Service】 - Have peace of mind knowing your purchase is covered under the manufacturer warranty - Oak Hollow Furniture provides a lifetime warranty on the components and a 5 year limited warranty on the leather. We use high density molded foam for the interior and only the highest quality materials for our line of chairs. We believe an office chair should be an investment into your health and well-being, and we stick to this philosophy with our line of products.
3.Steelcase Gesture Office Chair
Strong, smart, and effortlessly stylish, the popular Steelcase Gesture has proven to be one of the best-selling office chairs of all time thanks to its superior comfort and unbeatable durability, boasting a maximum weight capacity of 400 lbs.
That weight capacity, along with three different seat height positions ranging from 14.5″ up to 22.5″, a substantial 20″ wide seat, and an adjustable seat depth of 15.75 – 18.5″ all help make the Gesture an essential addition to any list of the best office chairs for tall people.
Still, as you might imagine, there’s much more to this excellent chair than simply the ability to accommodate larger users.
The proprietary seat cushion itself is both a work of art and a feat of engineering, utilizing built-in air pockets which adjust and adapt to your body to minimize the kind of pressure that can gradually build up over the course of all-day use.
The backrest is something special, with a contoured design that helps keep your back in its natural, S-shaped alignment to reduce back pain, while the adjustable 4-D armrests can likewise help prevent sore, tired shoulders.
If you’re looking for a good chair for eliminating neck pain while you work, you can also opt to add on an adjustable headrest for extra support.
Pros & Cons
- Connect fabric is 100% polyester
- Wheels for hard flooring
- Ergonomic chair – this model includes an adjustable headrest, adjustable seat depth, fully adjustable arms, adjustable lumbar, pneumatic seat height adjustment, recline tension adjustment, 4 position recline lock, wrapped upholstered back and seat, black/black frame color scheme
- All day comfort and back support - Gesture’s seat and back move as a synchronized system, following your body as you move throughout the day to ensure long-term support. Seat Height from Floor : 16" - 21"
- Quality and durability – designed to withstand 24/7 use while providing maximum comfort
- Ships fully assembled; 12 year manufacturer warranty
- NOTE : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the installation manual (provided in pdf below)
4.Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair
Fans of the Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair heap praise on its innovative design, with a cool, curved backrest and headrest which promotes proper posture while also responding to movements, meaning no matter what tasks you’re taking on at your desk, you’ll always be well-supported.
It’s for this reason, along with the high-elastic breathable mesh and larger-than-average armrests with a concave design, that we felt compelled to include the Ticova when deciding on the best ergonomic office chairs, and it seems we’re certainly not alone in that opinion.
Those who own a Ticova insist that its ample cushioning and game-changing lumbar support make it a great choice for users with health conditions such as arthritis and sciatica, while taller users 6’2″ and above say it’s a great alternative for those who like models such as the Herman Miller Embody but need a greater range of seat and height adjustability to support their frame.
Pros & Cons
- 【Adjustable Mesh Chair】You can adjust lumbar support height and depth; headrest height and angle; armrest height, angle, forward & backward; seat cushion height; tilting angle up to 130°and rocking resilience to your personal most comfortable position
- 【Ergonomic Backrest & Seat】Our adjustable backrest can perfectly fit your spine and significantly ease the fatigue and pain of your back. Also, our seat is made of 3 inches high density foam with W-shaped and waterfall-edge design, providing larger support area and disperse pressure on hip and thighs
- 【Unique Metal Armrest】Compared with all other ergonomic desk chairs' plastic 1D armrest, our stainless electroplating metal 3D armrests with bigger, thicker & softer PU paddings are much more durable and best fit to your favorite position
- 【Unique Headrest & Quality Mesh】Our home office chairs' big curved foam headrest provides more comfortable neck and head support. Plus, our breathable mesh with strong tensile strength provides cool and comfortable back support, enabling long hours sitting relaxed without sweat
- 【Warranty】We provide 30 days money-back guarantee, one year warranty and professional after sales service for our ergonomic office chair. If there is any quality problem, please contact us and we will provide 100% satisfied solution. Our ergonomic computer chair has comprehensive packaging and clear instruction, enables everyone to assemble easily without damage worry. Our high back office chair passed BIFMA test and 1136 kg static pressure test
5.Bowthy Office Chair
Unlike the other chairs on this list, which feature mesh materials and separate headrest attachments, the Bowthy is an executive style chair with big and tall attributes.
So, while the Bowthy can easily accommodate users up to 6’5″ tall, it also has a high weight capacity of up to 400 lbs. If you want a big, cozy chair and don’t mind the look or feel of PU leather (common on many mid-range executive style chairs), then this one is worth checking out.
Reviews of the Bowthy are overwhelmingly positive. What we find most appealing, aside from its generous seating proportions, is the combination of ergonomic design elements that add even more comfort and support than we see with many typical oversized chair models.
For example, with features like built-in adjustable lumbar support and a breathable recessed backrest, the Bowthy delivers a surprising level of comfort and support for your back. You’ll have a harder time just sinking and letting your poor posture take over with this one.
Plus, it comes with a very thick headrest to keep your upper back, neck, and head supported when working. If you’re tall, you know this type of upper body support matters.
The Bowthy is built with a sturdy metal base and basic mobility and adjustability features like height adjustment, tilt tension and lock (with a rocking range of 90° – 120°), and 360° swivel casters.
While we do find this to be a comfortable and supportive model for taller users, the Bowthy does lack a few key design elements.
For example, the armrest and headrest are fixed, so you won’t be able to make those subtle but important tweaks to find the absolute perfect sitting position. Also, the seat is not depth adjustable, which can really help if you have long legs.
All in all, however, we found that the comfort factor on this one easily makes up for these flaws.
Pros & Cons
- 【Higher Back & Wider Seat】 With a back height of 29.1" and a seat width of 23.2", our big and tall office chair is higher and wider than other office chairs, which can hold all body types, especially perfect for larger and taller users.
- 【Weight Capacity: 400lbs】 SGS level 4 gas lift cylinder and extra-sturdy steel base are adopted in the heavy duty office chair to ensure weight capacity and stability. Meanwhile, 360 degree swivel with smooth casters make 400lb office chair easy to move.
- 【Adjustable Lumbar Support】 Superior PU leather combined with high density foam, the large leather office chair can provide you with all around support. Moreover, lumbar support can be adjusted according to your demand.
- 【Easy to Assemble】 Detailed instructions and installation tools are included. Generally, with the help of instructions, you can complete the assembly of the high back office chair within 20 minutes.
- 【100% Service Guarantee】 We are committed to providing best executive office chairs and services to our customers. For your satisfaction, we provide 30 days returns and refunds guarantee and 12 months parts warranty. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you’re on the lookout for the best office chair for tall people with back issues, then the Komene High Back Computer Chair is undoubtedly worth a look.
Much like the Steelcase Gesture we looked at earlier, the Komene model offers an ergonomically designed backrest designed to match the natural S-shape of the human spine to encourage proper, comfortable posture, alleviate lumbar pain, reduce lower back pressure and even provide significant pelvic support.
Meanwhile, the tension-adjustable mesh back and movable headrest both respond to your body’s movements, adapting to the way you work to ensure you maintain all that support and comfort as you work.
Like many of the other chairs in this guide, the Komene High Back Computer Chair supports a manufacturer’s recommended weight limit of 300 lbs which is hardly surprising when you consider how heavy the chair itself is.
Weighing some 35+ lbs, this is certainly not a flimsy product, and its substantial size is a good indicator of just how durable it is.
Finally, it’s important to point out that many reviews from users 5’10 – 6’3″ note that this sizable chair more than suits their needs, those some users taller than that report that it just isn’t quite big enough for them.
Otherwise, what you’re looking at here is another quality product with the kind of superior back support which will be much welcomed by anyone who knows how distracting and unpleasant lower-back pressure can be during the working day.
Pros & Cons
- ✈【HIGH BACK ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】Komene Ergonomic Office Chair adopts the most suitable ergonomic design according to the human body structure, lumbar support and adjustable headrest which creates total spinal support,the ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and 3D Adjustable armrest to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- ✈【3D ARMRESTS AND ADJUSTBLE HEADREST】The large and tall backrest is comfortable for most people, the high back computer chair with it’s 3D adjustable armrests, it can forwards, back, sideways, up and down for the best fit to your body, and Lumbar System which creates total spinal support, arched seat cushion design reduces the pressure on the legs,Made with breathable Mesh adjustable headrest, up/down motion for adjustable height Can meet the needs of different scenarios.
- ✈【BREATHABLE MESH DESK CHAIR】This office chair is larger than other chairs,and it could accommodate different body build,the mesh back and mesh seat keep made of Elasto Mesh provides air circulation for extra comfy and smooth. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chair good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting,It also features easy maintenance - Just wash the mesh in warm water.
- ✈【TILT LOCK FUNCTION AND DURABLE METAL BASE】The desk chair has the recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (106°~127°) with the tilt lock or sit straight freely, adjustable back height allows the seat to go up and down for 3.94''.Our 5-Point Metal Base gives greater stability, makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 280lbs.the silent casters effectively protect the floor, improved safety and stability.
- ✈【2 YEARS AFTER-SALE SUPPORT&EASY INSTALLATION】- All task chairs come with 2-year after-sale support, so please contact us directly through your order, we will always assist you. And this computer chair with clear instruction and tools, it is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). If there is any issue, please contact us and we will provide you a 100% satisfied solution.
How We’re Defining A Tall Guy or Gal
Of course, height is a pretty relative concept. A person who is 5’8” can seem tall to someone three or four inches shorter, so how exactly are we defining a “tall person” for the sake of choosing good office chairs for them?
It made sense of us to think of the word as meaning “above average height.”
According to the latest available data published in 2018 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average height of adult males in the United States is 5’9″, with women measuring an average of 5’4″.
Give or take a few inches, we decided that any chair suitable for people 6ft+ would be eligible for this guide.
Buyer’s Guide: How We Picked the Top 6 Best Comfortable Office Chairs for Tall People
Deciding on the six very best office chairs for tall people was no easy task. We invested countless hours of research trying out and testing no less than 20 of the best-selling chairs suitable for 6ft+ users until we could determine those that provided all the support and comfort people need when working in an office chair for long periods.
To do that, we scored each chair on how they fared in terms of size, adjustable features, overall, comfort, and durability.
Here’s why all of these elements were so important to us, and how they might influence your decision when it comes to choosing a new office chair of your own.
OK, so it might seem like a no-brainer to suggest that if you’re going to buy an office chair for a tall person, then it needs to be big enough to accommodate them, but there’s more to this than simply buying the biggest chair possible.
The two key things to look out for are seat height and seat depth, particularly in terms of how adjustable they are. After all, while a chair may technically be big enough to support you if you’re 6’2″, 6’3” or taller, there’s no guarantee that’s necessarily going to provide a snug, comfortable level of support right out of the box.
Being able to adjust both features, however, will ensure you can sit properly in a way that doesn’t just make you feel comfortable there and then, but minimizes the kind of pressure and awkward posture that can result in long-term health issues.
Seat height and depth adjustability are important, but they’re not the only adjustable features that we looked for. Adjustable armrests, backrests, and headrests also help you to customize the chair to the seating position you find most comfortable.
Those chairs that offered greater levels of adjustability, for example, a greater degree of incline on the backrest and four-directional armrests versus three-directional, scored higher in our lists.
If you’re going to spend any significant amount of time in your office chair, then comfort absolutely matters. With that in mind, we gave high marks to chairs with breathable mesh designs as these can not only provide soft, comfortable seating but also promote airflow to keep you cool.
Alternatively, chairs with thick, molded-foam seats for those who prefer a plush seat were also included in our guide.
Whether you’re buying a simple task chair or a high-end gaming chair, durability always matters when it comes to buying new seating. If you’re spending a reasonable amount of money, then it’s only natural that you’ll want that chair to be built to last for years to come.
That said, this factor is even more important for taller users, many of whom will need the extra reassurance that a higher-than-average recommended weight capacity can support them.
KNOW YOUR MEASUREMENTS
Before purchasing an ergonomic office chair, you must be familiar with your body measurements.
Most people know their height, but you should also look at the height of your back from the bottom of your spine to the crown of your head.
The thigh measurement must be taken from your waist to your knee as well as from your knees to the bottom of your feet.
You should also know the measurement of your waist to assess whether the chair you want to buy will be sufficient for the space you need.
KNOW THE CHAIR’S SPECIFICATIONS
The most challenging part is to look at your initial measurements and compare them against the specifications of the chair.
The more comprehensive the specifications on the product page the better. You must ensure you are buying the right ergonomic chair that is adjustable to fit your specific needs.
MAXIMUM SEAT HEIGHT
The seat height measurement must be the same as the height from the floor to your knees.
The maximum height is an important feature because if you have longer legs, you must consider a chair that is suitable for taller people.
Once appropriately adjusted, your office chair’s seat depth will offer you essential back support and assist with distributing your weight uniformly across the seat.
This will be advantageous to alleviate pressure on your knee joints and the ischial tuberosities (the area where your pelvis meets the seat).
As far as seat width goes, your seat must be spacious enough to fit the dimension of your waist, while still being able to use your armrests.
The backrest height is another important feature to consider. You must assess whether the chair is tall enough to match the length of your back.
When it is, you will find an adjustable headrest that supports the back of your neck comfortably.
How to Use It?
With each kind of office chair, it will require different assembly to receive the right result. But don’t worry, all of the new products are provided instruction to offer knowledge for customers in assembling them efficiently.
In this article, I’m glad to introduce instruction on how to assemble your office chair:
- Step 1: Unpacking all items of the chair from your new packaging and you have to check it carefully to imagine what we should do next.
- Step 2: We start with the casters, you ought to take all the wheels outside and put them into the base.
- Step 3: Putting the gas strut cover into the right position of the gas strut.
- Step 4: Putting the gas strut into the base. The gas strut has a tapered fit so that it will be tighter when we sat on the chair.
- Step 5: Fit chair back onto a mechanism, can slide in easily. Then, using the bolt supplied to bolt it together.
- Step 6: Before starting the sixth step, you have to make sure that the chair back has already been attached. Now place the main chair mechanism under the seat. Aligning the 4 bolt holes rightly and then bolt the mech.
- Step 7: Sliding the paddle handles onto the silver levers that stick out of both sides of the chair mech.
- Step 8: Attaching the armrests and using the hand screw to tighten them up.
- Step 9: Putting the chair onto the gas strut and 5 bases carefully.
- Step 10: Attaching the headrest to finish assembly.
How to Clean and Care?
According to the main material layers of the office chairs, we can divide them into 2 basic types are leather and mesh covers. With leather office recliner, customers can wash them easily with water and soap. They can disassemble each part including the headrest, armrests, seat cushions to clean it carefully.
However, users should remember to bask washed elements to not only remove water completely but also prevent bacterial proliferation.
Additionally, with the leather office chair, we couldn’t use that way to clean it. You ought to use the damp clothes and wipe the chair lightly to remove dust on cushions and frames.
To keep the products that can be used for a long time, we not only clean each element frequently but also take care of them in the right way.
Firstly, customers shouldn’t put a lot of pressure on the chairs or use the sharps to clean them because they will break apart the cover layers like the mesh or leather and elicit soft paddings outside.
Secondly, when clients use the adjustable knobs, they should be careful and gentle with them.
Where to Buy?
Nowadays, customers can buy various office chairs at supermarkets or office supplies stores easily. Nonetheless, if you are confused to choose which one is the most suitable for your office or working environment, you can find more information on the online store and certainly, buying online is a not-bad selection for busy people.
Are you looking for the perfect chair for a big and tall user? Or maybe you’re sick of companies recommending chairs that don’t necessarily fit your body properly.
Relatively irregularly shaped chairs sure can hold your body but that’s all they do. For an office work environment productivity matters.
For some people, productivity may come naturally but it can sure turn out to be immense back pain if you are awkwardly seated.
Tall people especially are bound to have neck and body support including ample legroom to keep their bodies steady and eventually their mind focused.
Tall people are at an increased risk of injury: The further you are from the ground, the harder a fall is on your body and the more likely it is that you will get injured. Even if your body is strong, no one can fight gravity. And as a result, the back and neck are common places of injury that can ruin your day.
Poor posture can cause injury over time: Poor spine posture occurs more with tall people due to manufactured objects that are not specially fitted for all heights. Tall people also have less relative strength in the back that causes an eventual deviation from the neutral spine posture. The result is a sudden or gradual pain that may have been building up over years.
A bent spine from hunching: A deviation from spine posture happens when the spine is in a constant state of bending. This is a problem because the pressure that is applied unevenly to the spine affects the discs. This uneven pressure pushes the soft contents that cushion each disc to the side, which sometimes creates a herniated disc (usually at a later age. These issues are caused by constantly hunching day-to-day over the computer or at a physical job.
Best Chair for Tall Person – As anyone of substantial stature will no doubt tell you, the best office chairs for tall people can make a marked difference not only in the way you work while you’re sitting in one, but also for your long-term health as well.
After all, it probably goes without saying that squashing yourself into an ill-fitting chair can wreak havoc on your back, neck, and shoulders.
That’s to say nothing of the impact on your circulation (and all the health problems that go along with it) caused by having your legs in an awkward position all day just for the sake of getting some work done.
So what happens if you can’t find a comfortable chair because you’re a too tall?
Actually this is quite a common problem for tall people. It’s an even bigger problem (no pun intended) for heavy people.
So in this article, I will help you find the right ergonomic office chair that’s ideal for tall people.
I will recommend the best chairs and also give you some advice about how to choose the right chair for you.