Best Chair for Tattoo Artist – When you’re serious about tattooing as a career, it’s not just the machines and the ink that matters. You need studio equipment that’s comfortable and flexible. If you start with the right tattoo artist chairs and client chairs, it’ll be a lot more enjoyable for everyone.
Tattoos are a great form of self-expression. While they can be painful for the customer, that doesn’t mean they can’t be comfortable. Artists should also be able to move around as needed to produce the best final product.
Stools for artists and chairs for clients. The best types of tattoo stools and chairs combine both form and function to benefit everyone involved.
Get what works for you so that you don’t have to worry about working with it constantly.
Getting tattooed is exciting, for sure. However, it can also be rather exhausting for both the client and the tattoo artist. For a tattoo to be complete, it can take up to several hours of constant tattooing, which means the furniture at the tattoo shops needs to be high-quality and comfortable.
If you’re an owner of a tattoo shop, you know what we’re talking about. Cheap furniture can tire you out much faster and it can cause serious back, arm, and leg pain. Good furniture is comfortable, conforms to the body, and is easily adjustable.
So, if you’re looking to upgrade the chairs and furniture in your tattoo shop, look no further. We’ve got you covered! In the following paragraphs, we’ll take a look at our top recommendations for client and tattoo artist chairs. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
1.ZENY Swivel Chair
On the other hand, here’s a less expensive Tattoo chair. This tattoo chair is a rolling swivel stool with a removable backrest.
The round cushioned seat tattoo chair has a 15.74-inch diameter. It adjusts from 20.86 to 27.55-inches in height. (That’s a pretty good range.) It’s handy for users of different heights working at different tables.
Plus, the black bonded leather wipes clean in a snap.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable Large Stool Chair: This rolling stool is ergonomically designed with a curved, padded backrest for optimal support,offer more professional and more comfortable experience.Great for home,salon,medical,office or art studio
- Rolling Swivel Stool:360 degrees swivel design gives you or your guest the freedom of movement and the convenience to communicate with others in any direction.And the 5 casters on the base allow for noise-free and smooth rolling
- Adjustable Stool Chair: This rolling stool designed with hydraulic lift, Adjustable handle under the seat ,adjustable seat height with a 6’’ vertical height range.Meet different height needs
- Rolling Stool with Back Support: The comfortable removable ergonomic backrest can support your spine all day long,Upholstered in black bonded leather, the salon stool provides a smooth, supple surface and a comfortable place to sit
- Work Stool Specification: Stool Seat Diameter: 15.74’’ D, Stool Height adjusts from 20.86''-27.55'', Product Dimension:22.44''*22.44''*32.67-39.37'', weight:14.5 lb. Larger Size, please read the description first
2.LCL Tattoo Artist Chair
Furnish your studio in one go for a budget price when you choose this package. It includes a bed, an artist chair, and a movable tray.
Let’s start with the tattoo bed. It’s an adjustable massage table with an extendable headrest and removable pillow. It 72 inches long, but you can extend the headrest so that it reaches 78 inches.
It’s 32 inches wide and features removable armrests. The space between the armrests is 24.5 inches. It’s all padded with 4-inch thick foam. It’s not as cushiony as memory foam, but it’s supportive.
It stands on a welded steel base. Although I didn’t find the official stated weight limit, someone who owns it replied that it supports up to 400 pounds.
Next, the tattoo artist “chair” is a basic rolling stool that raises and lowers when you fiddle with the lever.
Finally, the rolling tray offers a space to hold your ink caps and tattoo machines. The top is 21.5 by 15.75 inches in size and has a 1-inch tall lip to keep things from rolling off. It’s adjustable in that you can raise or lower it by turning the knob.
Pros & Cons
- Welded Steel Base: Welded Steel base construction ensures reliable service for years to come.
- Removable Arms: Arms can be quickly and easily removed (no tools required)
- Removable Pillow: Remove the pillow from the headrest to expose the Face Opening
- Extendable Headrest: Headrest extends an additional 6" for taller clients
- High Density Comfort Foam Padding: 4" thick high density foam for extreme comfort
3.KKTONER Stool Chair
KKTONER is an American company based near Virginia, United States.
They started with a goal to create better furniture for tattoo studios. The founders weren’t pleased with the selection of equipment then available. Facial beds and steno stools didn’t offer enough flexibility or comfort.
Therefore, they designed the Round Rolling Stool Chair. A little later, they invented exclusive furniture for home and office. The Bamboo tattoo chair arrived soon after.
It’s perfect for those of us who sit most of the day.
This stool supports up to 300 pounds. It has a stable, sturdy twenty-two-inch-wide base with industrial wheels.
There are a three-inch-thick memory foam cushion and a sliding backrest. Take a closer look at the seat because it’s has a sculpted shape that sort of resembles a saddle.
Then, the curved backrest provides good lumbar support.
All the cushioned areas are easy to wipe clean. This is one of the best non slip chair for tattoo artists out there.
You can adjust the height of the tattoo chair between twenty and a half to twenty-six inches.
As you can imagine, this is an ideal tattoo artist stool.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable Massage stool: 13inch diameter and 3.1 inch thick cushion,Holds up to 250 lb.
- 360 Swivel rolling stools adjustable seat height by Hydraulic gas lift from 19.3 to 25.2 inches.
- Easy to assemble vanity stool：Assembly completed in 5 minutes.
- Dot Stool with Wheels,is Ideal for Bar stool, Pubs, Office stool,Coffee shop stool and home.
- Leather Stool chair：Seat Cushion is wrapped in PU leather,water and oil proof.
4.Adjustable Hydraulic Chair
Easy assemble and clean: Simple assembly required, easy to install and clean,screws and tool needed is included. Warm Note:Remove the black safety cap from the hydraulic pump before installation.
Durable Material: Made of high quality PU Leather with Sponge Padded Cushion gives ultra-soft comfort when sitting for long periods of time,lightweight and practical to use, Supporting Weight: 300lbs
Height Adjustment: The stool’s height is fully adjustable and keeps the clients within reach while in a sitting position,Adjusts smoothly when the lever handle is pulled up and down,Seat Height adjusts from 18″ to 24.5″,overall stool Height adjusts from 21″ to 27″
This tattoo chair is upholstered with black polyurethane leather and holds up to 300 pounds.
There is a low backrest for a little lumbar support for this tattoo chair. The height of this tattoo chair adjusts from 18 to 24 and a half inches.
Pros & Cons
- Adjustable Height: Hydraulic gas lift makes height adjustment as simple as the pull of a lever,Adjustable height of 18" to 23".★★★★★★【Warm note】: Pls remove the black plastic on the top of gas lift before assembling.
- 360 Swivel Seat: Pivoting seat swivels 360 degrees giving you the ability to switch directions, back and forth as needed, with ease. ,generous 3.5" density permanently mouded seat pad offers you comfort.
- Rolling Wheels: Five-Point dual swivel caster provides easy movement and extra stability, wheels roll smoothly on all surface types without causing damage.Diameter of the wheel:1.97"
- Updated Base: Base has been upgraded to Nylon,which is flexible and absorbs pressure far better than the previous plastic material.It is now stronger and more durable.
- Modern design that fits perfectly in every home or commercial use. It is ideal for salons, barbers, tattoo shops, beauticians ,doctor offices and home use! This stool is lightweight and practical and easy to assemble! Weight 8 lbs,capacity :250 lbs.
5.Amazon Basics Stool
Drafting stool with black bonded leather upholstery—ideal for home or workplace
250-pound weight capacity; adjustable seat height (from 30.3 to 36.2 inches) , 360-degree swivel; chrome arched base with heavy-duty, dual-wheel casters for smooth maneuverability.
While this drafting stool won’t be the best choice for every studio, the tattoo chair has certain benefits. For one, you can adjust the seat up to 36. 2 inches high.
It also has a decent backrest and a footrest. It comes with a one-year warranty as well. The only downside is that the weight limit is just 250 pounds. This is one of the best tattoo chairs available.
Pros & Cons
- Drafting stool with black bonded leather upholstery—ideal for home or workplace
- 250-pound weight capacity; adjustable seat height (from 30.3 to 36.2 inches)
- 360-degree swivel; chrome arched base with heavy-duty, dual-wheel casters for smooth maneuverability
- Supportive back cushion measures 16.5 by 10.2 inches (WxH), sturdy foot rest
- Measures 22.95 by 22.83 by 40.28 to 46.26 inches (LxWxH); weighs 22.7 pounds; backed by an Amazon Basics one-year limited warranty
6.CoVibrant Lockable Stool
Real stool has a footrest. Please go to our store for more details. Quiet & Smooth Movement: Castors make the 360-degree rolling fluently without scratches, with brake system.
Larger & Thicker Seat: 15-inch diameter & 3.75-inch thickness gives your bottom optimal comfort, with nice looking quilted stitches.
The main advantage of this stool is that you can lock the wheels so that it doesn’t roll. Also, the wheels are smooth and quiet.
The seat is three and ¾ inches thick, and it adjusts between twenty and a half to twenty-seven inches high. It holds up to 300 pounds and has a fifteen-inch diameter.
Pros & Cons
- Got Your Back: Well padded contoured backrest offers strong and comfortable support to your lower back.
- Safe & Smooth Movement: Clear rubber castors roll quietly and easily across wood/carpet/tile floors, with brake mechanism.
- Large & Thick Seat: 15-inch diameter & 3.75-inch thickness gives your bottom optimal comfort, with nice looking quilted stitches.
- Stylish & Sturdy Design: Contrast chrome foot ring gives your feet good relaxation and enhances the durability.
- Adjustable Seat Height: 24 to 31-inch height range is larger than most office chairs and salon stools, even fitting your counter bar height desk. Ideal for home/kitchen, office, classroom, pharmacy, etc.
How to choose chairs for a tattoo studio
Lately, I bet you’ve been paying attention to the equipment in tattoo studios. If you can try it before you buy it, I think that will help you make a good decision. But sometimes the best deals are online. You might not be able to check out a chair until it’s delivered. Accordingly, here are some guidelines to help you make a good decision regardless.
The first thing you need to know is how big is space is where you’ll be working. Then you can choose equipment that fits there and leaves you room to move.
You’ll need space for a tattoo cart and more. Second, think about what you need for your own comfort and that of your client.
For yourself, would you prefer a seat with the backrest or not? How about adjustable height? Then, for the client, there are a variety of options. The most common is a chair that converts into a table or bed. It allows you to tattoo virtually any part of the body.
Finally, you need to be able to sanitize the surface of the equipment. Choose materials that are resistant, durable, and straightforward to clean.
Well, in order to choose the best furniture for your tattoo shop, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. For example;
- The space in the tattoo shop – tattoo chairs/tables requires a lot of space. The majority of client-intended chairs feature larger head- and footrest, as well as extendable parts. The standard tattoo chair/bed dimensions include 74x34x31, more or less.
And, you also need to include your chair and additional trays and tables required for the equipment. So, depending on how much space you have in the shop, you will choose either a smaller or a bigger chair.
- The available budget – tattooing chairs are generally pretty expensive, especially the ones that are client-intended. The rolling stools for the tattooists tend to be cheaper. Nevertheless, you need to take into consideration the available budget for the furniture. For a high-end tattooing chair you can spend thousands of dollars, so bear that in mind.
- The required comfort – you might want to think about your own and the comfort of your client during hours-long tattooing sessions. The chairs need to have a proper backrest, adjustable head- and footrest, and adjustable height and tilt. Without these features, the chairs will be incredibly uncomfortable, both for you and your customers.
- The upholstery of the furniture – because you’re working with ink, you will need upholstered, leather, and water-proof furniture. Make sure to check whether the furniture is upholstered with adequate materials (that are easy to clean and to sanitize). The furniture should also be padded for proper comfort during sitting or lying.
What Type Of Tattooing Chair Should You Go For?
Now, let’s say that all of the aforementioned criteria are met; you’ve got the budget, the space, and a general idea of the type of chair you’ll buy. But, one thing is missing; what type of tattooing chair should you buy? Let’s take a look at the best options, as recommended by the best tattooists;
- Electric tattooing chair – this type of tattooing chair is for those with a higher budget. Such chairs are significantly more expensive, and they’re generally high-end items.
However, they’re perfect if you have a diverse clientele, or you do body art on disabled clients as well. Electric chairs will make everyone comfortable, even if the tattooing sessions last for hours. They’re adjustable, extendable and no one has to experience a hard time climbing onto the chair.
- Massage tables or beds – it is no secret that many tattooists purchase tables or beds intended for massaging. These tables are pretty useful; they’re easily adjustable and can be extremely comfortable for both, the tattooist and the client. Massage tables are excellent for those who are just starting out in the tattooing world.
- Hydraulic/manual chairs – these chairs are made for those with a lower budget, but still want a high-quality chair for themselves and the clients. These chairs are similar to the electric ones, apart from the fact that they don’t require power to work. However, these chairs need to be either manually adjusted or by using the hydraulic system. This can take some time and might not be for those who are easily distracted and don’t want extra chair work to interfere during tattooing.
- Comfort: This is by far the most important criteria when it comes to choosing a tattoo chair for yourself. After all, you’re going to be spending many, many hours sitting in it. A comfortable and ergonomic tattoo chair will provide good stability and support while working and help you avoid soreness, fatigue, and injury.
- Adjustability: Tattoo artists work on all parts of the body, which means they need to be able to sit and work in different positions, depending on which area of the body is being tattooed. Adjustable or hydraulic tattoo chairs help accommodate these different positions while maintaining the overall comfort of the chair.
- Cost: There are plenty of expensive pieces of equipment to purchase when setting up a tattoo shop, and tattoo chairs are certainly one of them. As tempting as it might be to buy the most affordable one and call it a day, however, a tattoo chair is one item that’s worth paying a premium for if it scores high on the other criteria. There are tattoo chairs for a range of budgets, and we recommend getting the best ones you can afford.
- Cleanliness: Hygiene and cleanliness are essential when tattooing, so it’s important to have tattoo chairs that are easy and quick to keep clean.
With these criteria in mind, you’re ready to start shopping for tattoo chairs.
Although tattoos have often been seen as taboo in previous generations, millennials are embracing them more than ever. A study by Pew Research found that nearly 40% of people between ages 18-29 have at least one tattoo on their body.
Of course, both clients and artists want to be comfortable when tattoos are being made. This is where tattoo stools and chairs come into play. Let’s find out what types of options there are for both customers and tattoo artists alike.
Two pieces of furniture are needed for a comfortable and successful tattoo experience: a stool and a chair.
The client will take the chair and remain stationary while ink is being applied. Meanwhile, the artist needs a comfortable and stable seat that allows them to move around to get the right angle or apply different elements. This is why a stool is often used by tattoo artists.
While it can be expensive to purchase high-end tattoo stools and chairs, the more luxurious options have very compelling features.
You need tattoo chairs and beds to start the tattooing business the right way. Of course, a good expert can do a tattoo even in different conditions, but it will not be practical, or comfortable, both for you and the customer. Almost all tattoos require some sort of special sitting or laying down, so for this you need to have a tattoo bed or client chair. And for your comfort during the session, you need a special tattoo chair or artist chair.
These tattoo chairs and beds are for every tattoo artist, regardless if he tattoos in a salon, at home, or another location. Also, such chairs and beds are common equipment in beauty salons and certain medical offices.
< class="gb-headline gb-headline-963d1ada gb-headline-text">Can I still do tattoos even on regular chairs or without tattoo chairs and beds?
Technically, yes, you can manage to do a tattoo that way, but it will be so tedious and tiring that you might give up! Adding or removing pillows, tilting uncomfortably, and similar issues will appear if you do not use specialized tattoo chairs. Purchasing a tattoo chair for you, and a client chair for the clients will save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run.
< class="gb-headline gb-headline-c6099f54 gb-headline-text">How does ergonomics play a role in tattooing overall?
Tattooing is a process where you are sitting in stiff positions for hours perhaps, and the client has to be in even stranger positions for hours on end. The least you need is discomfort on both ends. Such discomfort will lead to impatience to stop the tattooing, prolonging it, or body parts twitching from the uncomfortable positioning. You on the other hand, surely don’t want to risk severe back pain or stiffness of limbs from an unsuitable chair. Good ergonomics will increase productivity, relax the body, reduce stress, and improve work performance overall.
< class="gb-headline gb-headline-e8213007 gb-headline-text">How to maintain the tattoo bed (client bed)?
When it comes to maintenance, most importantly you need to keep the client chair clean and disinfected at all times. The best way for this is to use double protection – use a spray bottle of ethanol to wipe off the whole chair, and plastic wrap (this is optional but preferable) over the whole chair. Otherwise, for regular salon maintenance, clean the chair and its base and parts with special products for that specific material of the chair.
If you are going to start a new tattoo parlor or thinking to renovate your existing one, then the first thing you need to purchase is the Tattoo Chair that provides your clients with a comfortable tattooing experience.
Not just about the client’s comfort, the chair is also responsible for your comfort, you can easily adjust the chair in order to get the best possible tattooing position.
Tattoo chairs come with tons of full adjustment features, so that adjust according to your needs, such as arm reset, footrest, head reset & reclining position.
The perfect tattoo chair can make much difference, it makes your clients more comfortable while inked, and you can also better concentrate on your works, leading to ideal artwork.
Tattoo chairs are multi usable, they are not just made for tattooing, you can also use them for the salon & beauty parlor.
When you are going to purchase the best tattoo chair, you are loaded with tons of options in different price ranges & different features form various brands, which may confuse.
In short, it is not easy to find a perfect tattoo chair that satisfies all your needs while taking care of the budget.
If you have no idea about those chairs then it is more difficult for you, for your convenience, here in this article, we are going to review the top 10 best tattoo artist chairs of 2020.
We have not selected those chairs ourselves, our team of professionals comprehensively research for a week, talk with multiple tattoo artists to better understand their needs & after the hours of research on the internet, we have shorted those tattoo chairs for our top list.
All the below-featured tattoo chairs are rated as 5 stars on Amazon with positive feedback from hundreds of buyers from all across the globe.< class="rank-math-question ">Which are the best tattoo chair brands?
Tattoo chairs are manufactured by tons of brands across the globe. they are multi usable, tattoo chair can also be used in salon & beauty parlor.
Artist Hand, InkBed are the few best tattoo chair brands, you can purchase any above feature chair, all of them are perfect for tattooing.< class="rank-math-question ">What is the Difference Between Tattoo Chairs Vs. Tattoo Stools?
Tattoo stools are smaller then chairs, you will not get any footrest, basket, or headrest with it. They are not so comfortable & you are able to tattoo all parts of the body with stool.
But in terms of the chair, your customer will get proper comfort, there is adequate footrest, headrest, armrest & you can also adjust it in various positions.
A tattoo chair is the most essential piece of furniture if you are planning to start a new tattoo parlour or want to renovate your current one.
Tattoo chair provides comfort to the client at the time of tattooing that provides ultimate tattooing experience.
So you need to look after many things while buying a tattoo chair or stool as it is the most expensive and important purchase for a tattoo artist.
There are many tattoo chairs in the market but not every suit the comfort of your client. So you need to look after many factors while buying a tattoo chair.
In this article, we have reviewed 6 best tattoo chair in the market and at the end of this article, we have provided a detailed guide on buying a tattoo chair that will surely refine your purchasing decision.
Every tattoo artists need a platform to let their clients stay comfortable when getting their tattoo. Tattoo chairs can be customized and adjustable with reclining options, padded and cushioned seats. These may be converted into beds for an easier tattooing process. Buying one of the best tattoo chairs can be the first thing to do when you are going to start your tattoo business as a professional.
As a fact it is an investment of a lifetime for most professionals, you may not consider buying lower quality options or the one that is not up to the make.
Tattoo chairs are not cheap. You have to spend well to get the right one for your needs. The most expensive may not necessarily be the best for you and your customers. When choosing a tattoo chair, consider the above factors to help you make an informed buying decision and get the one that will serve you and your clients for years to come.Getting a tattoo on your body enthusiasts you but tattooing on others’ bodies may thrill you even more. It is undoubtedly the best experience and pleases both the customer and the artist.
The above guide and reviews will surely help you to buy the best tattoo chair in the market and help to grow your tattoo business. So if you like this article then share it with your other fellow tattoo artist who are willing to buy a tattoo chair.
Best Chair for Tattoo Artist – When you equip your first studio, you have a crucial decision to make. You’ll need to consider the best tattoo artist chairs and client chairs.
This is the furniture you’ll be using for hours on end. The best tattoo chair needs to be comfortable, easy to clean, and adjustable. Now is the time to splurge and get the best you can afford.
We hope that our selection of chairs was helpful! We made sure to look into and review the best products that will fit everybody’s budget and meet the needs and requirements of a professional tattoo shop. However, it is not only enough to have good furniture; a good and professional tattoo shop is always clean, sterilized, and has the proper equipment, alongside good tattoo artists of course.