Best Chair for Toddler – Toddler chairs come in a range of materials. Upholstered chairs take up more space and will have to be spot-cleaned, and they’re generally pricey. That said, they’re the comfiest on the list and you can find them in prints that toddlers love (even some with their name on it). Minimalist wood can also be an investment but it’s easier to clean and it’s durable enough to withstand years of use. Plastic isn’t quite as sturdy but it’s by far the easiest on your wallet, and it’s a cinch to wipe down.
It’s also important to take the manufacturer’s age recommendation or weight limit into account when choosing a toddler chair so that isn’t too big or small for your toddler. Some toddler chairs are also designed to grow with your toddler for years, so keep that in mind if you’re considering investing in a nicer toddler chair.
Toddlers are pretty difficult to contain in one place, thanks to their love for exploring. Investing in the best toddler chair can help keep them in one place without necessarily getting bored.
Colorful chairs with fun playthings will certainly occupy your child for a while. Most models are also great for feeding and studying. They help lift moods and keep your child engaged.
Choosing the best lounge chair for toddlers is not an easy task. You risk affecting your child’s posture if the chair doesn’t have the right posture.
Additionally, not all chairs are ideal for outdoor or indoor use. So how do you know you’re making the right choice for your loved one?! In this post, we tell you how to choose a toddler chair and review the best models on the market.
Designed for ages 3 through 6, this upholstered toddler chair is set perfectly low enough for your little to get in and out of with ease. The frame is made of hardwood and the seat of this soft kids chair is wide and padded for little tushies, and the whole thing is easily cleaned by wiping with soap and water.
This little seat also features storage pockets on either side for toddler valuables like crayons, coloring books, figurines, and who knows what else (food wrappers?). We’re partial to Frozen II but this comfy cartoon chair also comes in options featuring Peppa Pig, Minnie Mouse, and the trolls from the film franchise. No matter which characters your kids go nuts for, this pick offers a cozy spot for them to curl up and read, watch TV, or just chill out (does that ever happen?).
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED USE: 18 months+; Holds up to 100 lbs.
- FOR THE FROZEN FANS: Vibrant and fun graphics make it a must-have for all Forzen fans
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: features a hardwood frame and padded seat
- EASY TO CLEAN: wipes easily clean with mild soap and water
- SIZE: 22.5"W x 17.25"H x 16"D
2.Upholstered Personalized Kids Chair
This cozy, cushioned chair is likely what comes to mind when picturing the best toddler chair, and its design and quality will earn its spot in your home for years. With wide arms and a padded back, your toddler will love sitting in their chair to flip through a book or watch their favorite movie. As they start to recognize letters, your little one will be absolutely delighted to see their name embroidered on the custom chair. Plus, it arrives fully assembled.
This pick’s wood frame is padded with comfy foam and covered in polyester that can be regularly vacuumed and spot cleaned with dish soap and water. The attractive gingham pattern is available in five colors, including navy, green, and pink. No weight limit is provided for the chair, but it’s suitable through the toddler years.
“This chair is adorable. Bigger than I expected. Great quality. It sits low to the floor . I had her name embroidered in it and they did a great job!!”
Pros & Cons
- Personalization available in up to 12 characters and in multiple thread colors and 2 styles
- Strong wood frame covered with high density foam, contain NO flame retardant chemical
- Wooden legs
- Recommended age: 2-5 years old
- Chair size: 24 L x 18 W x 18 H
This toddler Elmo chair is another upholstered pick, and it features a beloved character of the toddler and preschool crowd. The bright red chair has a padded seat for comfort and a hardwood frame for durability — and all materials are 100% nontoxic. It’s an ideal spot for your toddler to curl up for an episode of Sesame Street, but it also is great for storytime and even just lounging.
The chair is easy to assemble, reviewers noted, and it wipes clean with some soap and water. This sturdy chair holds up to 100 pounds, and it’s a favorite among Amazon shoppers with a 4.9-star rating and over 1,300 reviews.
“All total I have ordered 3 of these chairs. First one was 2017 that withstood an active toddler all the way to 5 years old. It stayed sturdy, the fabric is very good and required only light cleaning and light vacuuming and he still uses it. Now I have bought 2 more for my great niece’s expanding family. Perfect for little ones to have their own chair for Sesame Street, snack time or just lounging around after a hard day of play. They love their chairs.”
Pros & Cons
- AGE RANGE: Recommended for ages 3+ | Holds up to 100 pounds
- CUTE CHASE CHAIR: Adorable kids for chair for girls or boys resembles Chase from Paw Patrol | Plush foam padding makes it a cozy spot for kids to sit
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Features a hardwood frame and padded seat| Spot clean with mild soap and water
- WE PUT YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY FIRST: Meets or exceeds all safety standards set by the CPSC
- SIZE: 22.5" W x 17.25" D x 16" H | Minimum Age 36 Months, Maximum Age 96 Months
For those tight on space or on a tight budget, consider this foldable toddler chair that also functions as a stepping stool. Both are toddler essentials, and this two-in-one combo folds down to a compact two-inch width for storing pretty much anywhere. The durable build has an impressive weight limit of up to 250 pounds, and the step surface is covered with textured dots for traction with a non-slip bottom.
This plastic chair, with toddler-safe rounded corners, weighs just 2 pounds, so it’s lightweight enough for your toddler to move around the home using the built-in carrying handle. The back of the chair features a cute smiley face, and you can choose from options in either black or royal blue (no assembly required).
This highly rated chair — with over 1,000 five-star reviews — doesn’t specify an age range for it, but reviewers noted it’s well-sized for toddlers ages 2 and up.
“This chair was bought so my daughter could sit at her small table to eat her meals. It has also doubled as a step stool to wash hands and help mommy in the kitchen. It’s been banged around, knocked over, and stepped on and it’s holding up very well! It’s easy to wash and super easy to fold, even my 18 [month] old could figure it out and carry it when she wanted.”
Pros & Cons
- MULTI PURPOSE - This foldable stool conveniently doubles as both an adult and kids chair. This means that not only can this stepstool be used to help reach for things in the house, but it can also act as a seat. The back support ensures that you'll be comfortable when using it as a chair.
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN - It's called a collapsible step stool for a reason. It quickly folds to be easily stored in a variety of tight places. Place it in your closet, beside your bathroom sink, under your kitchen sink, or bring it with you to use in your RV.
- NON SLIP AND SAFE - To increase traction, a rubber coating is used under the legs to ensure no slip when used on any surface. The textured surface top further improves grip to give you that extra confidence to go ahead and reach for that top shelf. Holding up to 300 pounds, rest assured that we designed this fold up stool to be used by people of all ages.
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR USE - This heavy duty stepping stool was overbuilt so it can serve a near endless list of uses. Use it indoors as a kitchen step stool or a bathroom stool, then bring it along for your outdoor activities like camping and fishing.
- EASY CARRY BUILT-IN HANDLE - The step stool's handle magically appears when the toddler chair is folded flat. It's light enough that kids will be able to comfortably carry it around and place it where they need it.
5.ECR4Kids – ELR-22202
Here’s a minimalist toddler chair set that’s as beautiful as it is versatile. This set has by far the widest recommended age range of my picks, and it’s made of durable birch bentwood built to last for years. While this pick is the priciest upfront, it’s a worthwhile investment considering all the ways it can be used: The lightweight table comes with two chairs with built-in handles, and the pieces can be used as chairs, stools, benches, side tables, desks, or even shelves.
The chairs are double-sided with two seat heights to comfortably seat younger toddlers and older kids, and all the edges are rounded for safety. This premium toddler chair set is made with GREENGUARD Gold-certified wood, which means it has been tested for more than 10,000 chemicals and meets stricter safety criteria for safe indoor use.
The modern aesthetic of this set also fits in seamlessly with contemporary home decor, and it has a 165-pound weight capacity.
“This is great quality. […] They loved eating at their table. I love that it is fairly lightweight and easy to move around with the help of the cut out handles. The versatility is wonderful as well. It is strong and my daughters have found another use for the table. They both use it as a giant stool to help cook. When set it up as a bench they also like to each have their own little table for snacks. It is pricey but money well spent. I think we will be using it for years to come. The fact that the chairs can be flipped to grow with the height of the child will help this.
Pros & Cons
- ADAPTABLE FURNITURE SET: The ECR4Kids Bentwood Multipurpose Kids Table and Chair Set has versatile pieces that can be used as tables, chairs, stools, desks, benches, side tables, or shelves
- EASY TO CARRY: This compact set features a lightweight table and two chairs with built-in handles for effortless transportation. The natural finish allows the set to complement any environment
- USE AS YOU GROW: The chairs are designed with two seat heights for children to use as they grow. This table-and-chair set gives kids a play and work space of their own that will last for years
- CERTIFIED AND SAFE: The Natural Bentwood Multipurpose Kids Table and Chair Set is GREENGUARD [GOLD] Certified for low VOCs, CPSIA Compliant, and it features rounded edges for safety
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: ECR4Kids makes it easy for parents and schools, as this table-and-chair set is shipped fully assembled with the chairs nesting under the table
A bean bag chair that also corrals a community of stuffed animals? This cotton canvas cover functions like the traditional bean bag from your childhood, but instead, it’s designed to be filled with stuffed animals, clothes that no longer fit your quickly growing toddler, or extra blankets. The storage-chair combo has reinforced seams for durability, and it’s conveniently machine-washable.
This highly rated chair, with over 5,000 reviews, comes in a dozen colors and patterns, including stripes, polka dots, and stars to match your toddler’s room. No weight limit is provided by the manufacturer. Since bean bags have been linked to injury, do not let children climb inside this bean bag and know that they’re not safe for infants under 12 months of age.
“This stuffed animal bag is THE BEST! Within 10 minutes of filling, my toddler spilled juice on it. It cleans easily and the material is thick. Not paper thin like other brands. I love the handle and LOVE that she now has “hidden” storage. We’ve also stuffed our extra throw blankets in it. I’ve wanted to buy one for a while and am so glad I did. This cover is worth every single penny! Mom win, toddler win, life win.”
Pros & Cons
- Stuffed Animal Storage Solution - This is a sweet home for an huge amount of stuffed animals your kids love. It will turn the stuffed animal chaos into functional storage that works just like a bean bag chair, ideal for reading, snuggling or lounging.
- Generous Size - It is extra large at 38" and can hold up to 100 various size stuffed animals. We guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised at how many stuffed toys you can fit in this storage bag.
- Premium Cotton Fabric - Our stuffed animal storage bag is made of strong, soft and comfortable cotton canvas with reinforced seams that are top stitched, providing a nicer finished look.
- Kids Friendly Design - Our storage bag has 48" long YKK ZIPPER that is not only easy for your children to access their plush toys but also easy for their fingers to zip the toy bag closed. It also has a handle on top for ease of pulling around and moving, which is great for busy kids. It makes a fabulous Christmas gift for kids and moms!
- Wekapo Puts Customers First - Wekapo Stuffed Animal Storage Bean Bag Chairs offer a 90-day unconditional return or exchange policy. Wekapo is dedicated to address any product/service issues and is committed to delivering a 5 star experience for all buyers.
Best Toddler Chairs: The Perfect Kids Chair – Buying Guide
Toddlers’ chairs are low to the ground, and as such, there is minimal risk of your child falling out and hurting themselves. Because they are incredibly versatile pieces of furniture, kids’ chairs can be used for coloring, feeding, playing, crafts, and more.
Special chairs for children give them room to gain independence when they do puzzles, color pictures, or even read books on their own. Toddlers get used to structuring, and this prepares them for the future, particularly preschool.
Chairs that can be used both indoors and outdoors are great for family events like barbecues. Your child will love playing in them as the adults celebrate in their own way.
Here are the important factors to consider when choosing the best kids chair:
If you are looking for a proper toddler chair, it only means that perhaps you are not able to keep your little one safely strapped in his high chair any longer and he is almost ready to abandon it.
Normally it happens when a kid is between 16-18 months and 2 years old.
Choosing the best kids chair is not an easy task. When the issue came up and I had to choose a chair for my children, I always kept in mind the following key-factors:
I’m sure you agree that it’s much better to have a versatile item than one-off thing. This rule is applicable to a toddler’s chair as well: it should be used for more than one purpose. If your child likes to draw, put together jigsaw puzzles, sculpt or just be engaged in creative activities, then it must be a comfortable sitting chair for extended periods of time.
The baby himself should be able easily sit on it and get up, adjust the back of the seat and move further or closer to the table. In this case, look for a firm design wooden or a plastic chair.
If your child likes to watch cartoons, listen to audios or read books, and might even fall asleep while doing that, it is better to go for a soft padded or an upholstered chair.
While sitting on the chair, your little one should feel comfortable at all time. Ideally, you need to let him try to seat in a chosen chair prior to its purchase.
A chair should be lightweight, so the kid could drag it at any place of playroom without any help.
Height (applicable for a wooden or a plastic table chair)
Once the kid is sitting on the chair and his feet are on the floor, this is an ideal height.
Sturdy and durable design
This is a very important factor. The chair should be stable enough to support your child’s weight for a long period of time. Simply bear in mind that having a steady construction chair is crucial.
Easy to clean
It is easy to keep wooden or plastic chairs clean. The only thing you need to do is to wipe them with a wet cloth from time to time or when dirty.
Any fabric or plush made chairs are not the best choices in this regard. If you are going to buy an upholstered toddler’s chair, make sure its top cover is removable and machine washable. It is always an advantage.
Material: Toddler chairs are made from a variety of materials. Some are made purely of plastic, others combine fabric with fillings, and others are made from wood and plastic.
Depending on your child’s age and style preference, go for a material combination that is easy to maintain.
This is another important factor to be taken into account. As toddler chairs come in various materials, you can choose from wood, plastic, different fabrics or a combination of all of them. A chair should not only hold up the tear and wear of daily use but also be made of durable and preferably eco-friendly materials.
I don’t want my kids to suffer from intoxication and/or injury due to unsafe products, therefore I always check the materials before making a final purchase.
And of course I do my best to be practical and choose an easy to clean chair and with a removable and washable slipcover.
Before buying a chair think where you can place it. You can allocate a special zone where you place an upholstered toddler chair, for example. There’s no need to move it around the house especially if there’s shortage of space. Try to arrange not only a good light, but some box or any other storage place next to a chair for your little one to keep his toys and other things.
Toddlers love things with their eyes and don’t care about all the factors stated above. In fact it is a very good idea to take your child with you when picking up a chair. If you have a possibility to do so, you can always let your kid to choose a color, a pattern and design he likes the most.
That would definitely give him a sense of independence; and the chance that the chair would be constantly used is much higher.
Size: A good chair allows your toddler’s feet to touch the floor and provides ample back support. It makes it possible for a child to get off without help.
Consider your child’s height about the size of the chair when comparing different models.
Assembly: Another important factor to consider is the ease of assembling. Choose something that requires minimal effort and doesn’t take up too much time.
Some toddler reading chair sets come with chairs, and all you need to do is put on the table legs.
Age: Many manufacturers provide a recommended age when designing toddler chairs. Anything beyond the recommended age poses serious safety concerns.
And while some brands don’t indicate a recommended age, it’s an important consideration to make during your purchase.
Talk to store attendants about the best age ranges for different chairs before making a final decision.
Style: Like any other piece of furniture, the best kid’s chair should blend in with the overall décor of your home.
It is also important that you consider your toddler’s style and color preferences.
If he loves DC Universe, a superman or ironman chair that fits in with your décor will be a great choice.
Stability: This is an integral safety consideration that should not be ignored. The chair should be able to support your child’s weight for extended periods of time.
Consider your child’s weight and the weight limit of the chair.
Versatility: The ability to use a toddler chair for more than one purpose can save you lots of money. Chairs that convert from booster seats to high chairs.
Some chairs are designed to adapt to your child’s needs as he keeps growing.
Which Type Of Chair To Select For Your Children
Toddler chairs come in different types including. Here’s a quick list of the most popular types you can find on the market today:
- High chairs: These are designed to give your toddler a seat at the dinner table. Most come with a durable plastic tray that serves as an eating surface.
It makes cleaning spills easier. Many high chairs have a foldable design, and some even have a few built-in activity features to keep your child busy.
- Baby bath seats: They provide support when bathing your baby. Like high chairs, some baby bath seats are foldable, and others come with activity features.
They come in varying shapes and sizes to accommodate children of different ages, sizes, and weights.
- Baby activity chairs: Whether they come in baby walkers or floor seats, all activity chairs have one thing in common.
They are designed to provide a fun and challenging activity to occupy your child. They are perfect for when you want to get a few things done.
Most come with recommended ages, and this is important because as your child grows older, he’ll need more to keep him mentally challenged.
- Strollers: These are as much for the parents as they are for the baby. As the name suggests, baby strollers make it easy for parents to bring along their toddlers when they get out of the house.
They come in many shapes and sizes, and some collapse for easy storage. You’ll need to be mindful of the weight and age limitations when purchasing one.
- Toilet training seats: They are designed to help your baby master the art of using a “grown-up” toilet. Standalone toilet training seats are self-contained and seat next to the toilet.
Toilet booster seats come with handles and a footstool. They attach to a full-sized toilet and have a smaller opening in the middle to accommodate your child’s size.
- Kids foam chairs: These are made from foam and provide functional yet comfortable seating for your toddler.
They come in the form of sofa, lounge, reclining, or rocking chairs. If you are looking for something to put in your child’s room, this is a perfect option.
Best Toddler Chairs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Safety Concerns Should I Keep In Mind When Using Toddler Chairs?
Put the chair in an empty corner where it’s far from anything that may harm your child. You want to ensure you can hear and see your kid. Place the chair on a soft surface, probably a carpet, to prevent slipping.
It also helps a great deal when your toddler takes a tumble. Keep their playthings within reach to encourage independence. Other safety measures include covering electric outlets, turning off electronics, avoiding heaters, and laying down a few ground rules.
2. Is It Possible To Customize Children’s Furniture?
There are many ways you can customize your child’s furniture to suit your needs. If your child loves art, you can drill holes into an area of the table to hold paintbrushes and art supplies.
Hanging a bag can create storage space for toys, books, and more. If you are changing your home’s décor, contact paper will eliminate the need to purchase a new toddler chair while promoting its longevity.
3. Care To Provide Any Maintenance Tips For Toddler Furniture?
Sure. Clean your toddler’s chair, protect it from extreme temperatures, move it carefully to preserve joints, and use the right cleaning solvents. You may also want to keep your child from jumping up and down on the chair.
4. Are There Any Benefits To Purchasing A Toddler Chair?
A: Plenty. Toddler chairs promote independence and give your child their own place. In addition, they encourage proper sitting habits. Some models are incredibly versatile, allowing for indoor and outdoor use.
5. How Do I Choose The Right Chair For My Child?
A good toddler chair should be lightweight, easy to assemble, sturdy and stable, easy to clean and maintain. Look for safety ratings from organizations such as the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and watchdog groups.
The best toddler chair provides optimal comfort and keeps your child comfortable for long periods of time. However, you must consider your child’s needs when purchasing a chair to ensure you choose the most suitable model.
All the models reviewed above are a good place to start and designed to last long. The Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair is our favorite since it combines traditional design with ultimate comfort and safety.
It is also durable and upholstered with a fabric that blends with most décor themes.
Best Chair for Toddler – A pint-sized chair for your pint-sized kiddo gives them a place to relax with a book, color and craft, or even eat a snack. Either way, your increasingly independent toddler will be thrilled to have a sitting spot that’s all their own. The best toddler chairs are made of a material that suits your home and your toddler’s activities, with features that make the chair especially comfortable, versatile, or useful.
If you’ve got a young toddler at home, you know exactly how much they squirm and move about. Here’s our list of the best toddler chairs to help your active toddler sit comfortably. We can recommend some good-quality, safe chairs that can make your child feel at ease when reading a book or working on an art project. These chairs are available in multiple designs and colors to suit your toddler’s preferences. So, take a look at the various products and features to choose the right chair.
The perfect kids’ or toddler chair offers plenty of benefits, including letting your kiddo snuggle up to read their favorite book. Aside from allowing you to reclaim your personal space or your spot on the couch, or both, a plush kids lounge chair keeps your little monkeys from climbing on the adult furniture, thus reducing the risk of arts and crafts stains, slime spots, footprints, and rips. Have we got your attention now? Right, we thought so.