Best Computer Chair for Heavy Person – So if you’re heavy person, you’re going to need a larger heavy duty chair. Here is my recommended list of the best ergonomic chairs for heavy people. I specifically chose these chairs because they’re comfortable, heavy duty, and are of the highest quality.
I hope you found this post helpful. Choosing the right office chair can be difficult, especially because of all the options available. If you’re looking for the best office chairs for heavy people, then you can’t go wrong with any on this list. I did my best to include chairs of all different styles and price points, so you’ll surely find something that that’s the right fit for you. Keep in mind that choosing the right chair can be very subjective.
Since it’s a matter of personal preference, I would highly suggest trying them out first in a physical store if you have the option to find one that really fits your body type.
And finally, remember that choosing the perfect office chair is an investment, especially if you’re a heavier individual.
Since office chairs for heavier people are larger, they’ll typically cost a bit more. Also, if you’re a very heavy person, you’ll also need to keep in mind that your body weight will wear on the chair quicker.
Sometimes, if you can, spending a little more up front on a quality chair that will last will end up saving you money in the long run.
1.Herman Miller Aeron
Herman Miller is no stranger to best office chair lists, and this specific model is perfect for folks that are a little bit bulkier than usual. Herman Miller offers 3 sizes in their Aeron model, and this is their size C, specifically made for big & tall people. This is one of my favorite models because of the fact that it’s a little bit lighter and more maneuverable than other chairs on this list, perfect for people who need to be moving often inside an office on even a bigger bedroom.
This model only weighs 39 pounds, unlike the Steelcase Plus that weighs 20 pounds more. Herman Miller achieved this weight by focusing on using lighter materials throughout, with them using mostly mesh on the back rest & actual seat portion. In the process of doing so, they made sure not to skimp on the ergonomics of the chair. The result is a light but sturdy chair perfect for any gamer or office employee that needs to be moving often as I said above.
There’s algo a big pro of using mesh over other materials: it ventilates better than the traditional cushioning used on most office chairs. This makes this chair a better choice than what you might think for sitting for long periods of time. Foam cushioning might be quite comfortable but it heats up so much, especially on rooms with no air conditioning.
Aside from this, another big advantage of the Aeron and the main reason why this chair is so comfortable for big & tall folks is the PostureFit technology used in this model. Which means that you can adjust this structure to fit the curve of your spine. This is the great thing about the chairs on this list: they are built so that they can be accommodated to your specific body type, and not the other way around, and the PostureFit support is one of the reasons why Herman Miller is one of the leaders when it comes to big & tall chairs.
Pros & Cons
- Your purchase includes One Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair – Size B, graphite color
- Chair dimensions: 41" H x 27" W x 16.75" D. Seat heights: 16”-20.5”.
- Tilt Limiter lets you set the recline range at one of three postures. Tension control lets you adjust the amount of effort needed to recline comfortably. Seat Angle Adjustment changes seat angle from neutral to engaged
- Try the Adjustable PostureFit Sacral/Lumbar support. Two individual pads flex independently and can be adjust to fit the curve of your spine
- Fully Adjustable Arms adjust from a height of 6.8” above the seat to 10.8 inches above the seat, slide backward and forward over a range of 2.5 inches, pivot 15 degrees outward and 17.5 degrees inward
2.HON Wave Chair
Some people will shy away from the traditional gaming chair designs that have been so widespread the last few years. After all, not everybody wants a seat that makes you think you are sitting on a race car! And if this is the case, then let me tell you that there are alternatives to that design, especially in the big & tall category. This office chair from HON is one of them, combining an executive style appearance, a mesh covering, and lot’s of cushioning on the back rest & butt area to make an excellent office chair for big & tall people.
While not as ergonomic as some of the first choices above, this office chair more than makes up for it with bang for your buck. Again, this office chair won’t contour to your body, but that doesn’t mean that it’s uncomfortable by any means. In fact, this chair is super comfy and sturdy, perfect for folks who need to sit hours on it on end doing office work, gaming, or just watching tv. However, it won’t keep your spine straightened up like the king & tank series above though. The lumbar support also leaves something to be desired. Just something to keep in mind if you are interested in that.
Another thing that I love about this office chair is its build quality. This baby can hold up to 450 pounds, and thanks to its steel construction it does so without it bulging even a tiny bit.
Now, HON had to cut costs some way to ensure this chair is profitable for them, and you kind of can notice that when you look at more minor details. One of the things that they did to reduce costs is using cheaper wheels and lower quality plastics under the chair itself. Thankfully, it doesn’t affect the resistance of the seat itself, but if you are looking for something premium that looks luxurious from top to bottom, then you might want to skip this one.
Pros & Cons
- Made of Metal, Mesh & Leather | Easy assembly required
- Chair dimensions – 25.63" D x 30.25" W x 42.88" H | Seat dimensions – 19” D x 22” W | Arm adjustment – 21” W x 3”-9” H | Back width – 23” | Weight capacity – 450 lbs. | Unit weight – 59 lbs. | Lumbar support fixed
- Give your neck and back a break; these adjustable-height and width arms move up and down, and toward and away from the body to adapt to your body
- Let this comfortable office chair take care of your body while you work with an easy, adjustable recline, customizable lower back support and pneumatic height adjustment
- Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and 5 durable wheels
3.DXRacer Tank Series
Another DXRacer chair, this Tank series gaming chair is perfect for those folks who might need something that’s a little bit less bulky than a traditional big & tall chair. Now, don’t get me wrong: this is still a great choice for bigger folks, but not everybody needs 400lb weight capacity on an office chair. If this is your case, and you still want something that doesn’t skimp on comfort and quality, then this can be a great choice!
With a weight capacity of 275 lbs, this chair is perfect for those folks who are above average in both height & size, but not bulky enough to warrant the bigger Tank series chair. Anybody between 5’11 & 6’2 and 190 & 250 lbs will really love this chair. Aside from that, this DXRacer chair has everything that you might expect on a DXRacer, including 4d armrests, ergonomic fit, and a spine stabilizing construction that will really hold you in place for hours on end.
Another thing that I love about this particular chair: it’s rather affordable, especially when you consider the MSRP of the first 2 choices above. The build quality is very solid, and the chair feels substantial without feeling overly heavy or hard to move, unlike the tank series above.
Aside from these facts, you really have to appreciate the attention to detail DXRacer has put into these chairs. It’s safe to say that these chairs look like they were pulled straight from a Ferrari or Lamborghini, with the same luxuriousness that you would expect from those cars. All in all, this could be the perfect gaming chair for the bigger than average gamer that wants something a little bit slimmer than the Tank series chair above.
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic design-- more efficiently and comfortably,Free bonus: headrest cushion & lumbar cushion
- Patent race car seat breathable material: PU
- Extra higher backrest to save neck and spinal, Flexible seat back with adjustment
- 4D Adjustable Arms with adjustment protect shoulders and wrists
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 24-month warranty on parts
4.Flash Furniture HERCULES
As soon as you see this chair with your own eyes, you will understand why the folks at Flash Furniture decided to call this chair line HERCULES. It’s big, accommodating, and the executive color used throughout the frame makes you feel like you are sitting on a throne. This isn’t actually a traditional office desk chair, but rather a reception chair like the ones you see in the doctor’s office. This particular model was specifically made for big & tall folks, and the 500 pound weight capacity will be more than enough to ensure you are sitting comfortably for long periods of time.
Let’s talk about one of the first reasons why you should be buying this chair: pricing. This is actually one of the most affordable chairs on this list, and while some people shy away from cheaper chairs because of the risk of them falling apart in a few days, this is one of the few ones that will probably stand the test of time. The steel used on this chair makes it feel very sturdy, which surprised me given how simple the seat looks in real life, which brings me to my next point.
This chair will withstand a massive amount of weight. In fact, this is the chair that will hold the most weight on this list. However, the problem with it is that it’s not an actual office chair with wheels, so while the steel frame will be sturdy enough for even the biggest folks out there, moving it to go to the kitchen or any other room will be much more cumbersome. Because of this, this isn’t the kind of chair that you get to have it in the middle of your room.
Another con of this chair is the fact that it’s not as ergonomic as the other choices presented above. It’s very easy to slouch when sitting on this chair, so if you are looking for something to keep your back straight, you might want to get something different. This one can withstand a massive amount of weight though, and it’s rather cheap too, especially when you consider the build quality of it.
Pros & Cons
- When you spend more time in your office chair than your bed, a great chair is essential. This adjustable Big & Tall executive office chair boasts an adjustable headrest and generous padding in the back, seat and arms to cradle you in comfort
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] High back design with ratchet height adjustable headrest and built-in lumbar support, 360 Degree swivel seat with waterfall front edge reduces pressure on the legs
- Contoured back and seat with CAL 117 fire retardant foam and embellished mesh trim, LeatherSoft is leather and polyurethane for added Softness and Durability
- Contemporary style Big & Tall ergonomic task office chair for use in the office or home workspace
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS >>> Overall Size: 30"W x 33"D x 46.25-52"H | Seat Size: 22"W x 20.5"D x 21.5-24"H | Back Size: 21"W x 27-30.5"H | Arm Size: 28.5-31"H from floor; 7.5"H from seat
Another office chair from HON in the big & tall category, I have found both pros & cons in this seat. Whether the cons are a deal breaker or not will depend on what exactly are you looking for in an office chair. While the foam cushioning used on this chair is ridiculously comfortable, both for average sized & big and tall folks, some of the other components and materials of this chair leaves something to be desired.
One of the main reasons why you want this chair in your room or office is the fact that the seat cushion is very thick, which makes the seat very comfortable. Some people find it much more comfortable than mesh, including myself. However, the seat covering can be torn up rather easily. The covering could be easily shredded by a cat, so I personally would skip this chair if you had one, and even if you do not have one, I feel like the covering would be easily affected by wear and tear, which brings me to my next point.
The armrests of this chair are a little bit too flimsy for me, and some users have reported that they come apart after a few months of use. Now, you can’t expect too much in this price point, so if you are looking for something that will last longer than a year or so, it might be wise to pony up and get something a little bit more expensive.
Pros & Cons
- COOLING MESH BACK WORK CHAIR: Added comfort with breathable fabric that you can relax into
- COMFORTABLE HOME OFFICE CHAIR: The adjustable chair back adapts to fit various body sizes and helps reduce pressure on the lower spine
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Ergonomically formed seat fits nearly any body and adjustable-height arms allow for added customization
- ADJUSTABLE ARM OFFICE CHAIR: Height-adjustable arms provide all-day support for upper body and shoulders. Chair Seat : Seat Depth - Useable: 18.0 Inch. Seat Overall Depth: 18.0 Inch. Seat Width: 20.0 Inch
- HEAVY DUTY AND DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE: Durable sandwich mesh, adjustable arms, and 250 pound weight capacity
6.Ficmax Massage Gaming Chair
A good alternative to the DXRacer gaming chairs above, this is a very cost effective gaming chair that will really make sure you maintain good posture while playing on a computer or a console. However, just keep in mind that you get what you pay for with this. Some users have complained about a few faults in the hydraulic system and some have also commented that this isn’t the best choice for taller people. If you do not mind the cons, then you should really consider this one, especially if you are looking for a gaming chair on the cheap.
As soon as you get this gaming chair, you will notice that the design was inspired by DXRacer gaming chairs. Actually, that is putting it mildly, this is actually a carbon copy of their original design. Not that it’s a bad thing, but some folks might prefer something a little bit more creative or innovative aesthetic wise, something more resembling designs from COUGAR or Raidmax. Again, this is more of a personal preference, but just something to keep in mind.
Something that I love about this chair is the vibrator function that is installed in the lumbar support. It’s a wonderful little feature usually only found on higher end office chairs, and if you can get a good position on this chair, you will not want to sit on anything different! While I would love for the connector cable to be a little bit longer and more resistant, you can’t really ask for that much at this price point.
There’s another thing that I must talk about this gaming chair, and it has to do with the hydraulic base that I mentioned above. Some folks have had problems with it after a few months, and it seems that Ficmax customer support hasn’t been too useful at resolving the issue. Not everybody has had problems with either the base or their customer support though, so just keep this in mind if you are looking to purchase a gaming chair on the cheap
Pros & Cons
- ✔Fits your style: Tilt, rock or swivel, adjust at your own pleasure.
- ✔Premium Quality Material: Dirt & fade resistant PU leather & 4.8-inch thick high-density memory foam.
- ✔Built to last: Complete metal framework & Heavy duty wheelbase. Class 4 hydraulic piston (Max capacity: 350 LB).
- ✔Designed for Comfort: 180 degrees full tilt mechanism. Retractable footrest, adjustable armrest, and large seat cushion. Complimentary neck pillow & USB powered lumbar massage pillow.
- ✔EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE: Instructions included in the package. Ficmax offers 24/7 Customer Service. Any issue to gaming chair, please feel free to email us for solution. 1-month Free return, 1-year limited warranty on replacement parts
What are Office Chairs for Heavy People?
Office chairs for heavy people are designed with big and tall people in mind. This means that they have a higher weight limit over 300 pounds and many options have a 500 pound weight limit or even more.
This allows a heavier person to sit in a comfortable chair that works for them. It is important to have a seat that maximizes comfort, productivity, and movement to reduce the health risks associated with sitting.
Not only that, but these types of chairs also have wider seats so that larger people can fit comfortably into them.
Many options also have lumbar support, a high backrest, and ergonomic adjustability for seat depth, arm rests, and other components. These features may help to reduce back pain and other ailments.
Watch this video of a case study for a man who used a big and tall office chair to ease his back pain!
Best Computer Chair for Heavy Person – If we were to define comfortable office chairs with one word, the word would be “invaluable”. In fact, this is especially true if you have a few extra pounds under your belt. No matter if you need to work on your income taxes, give the finishing touches to that corporate report, or even evaluate your student’s coursework, something is clear: a comfy, ergonomic office chair specifically made for heavy folks is paramount in order to do those tasks efficiently!
There are office chairs available that have all sorts of great designs and features. Some have reclining ability while others have massaging lumbar support.
These chairs all have wide seats and higher than normal weight limits to accommodate heavier people. They use strong materials and come in a plethora of different styles.
There are also affordable options for those on a budget and high-end ones for those that want something more stylish or longer-lasting.
That’s why I decided to write this article. I decided to find the very best office chairs for heavier folks like me. I also talk about why they are the best ones, with detailed information about pricing, ergonomics, weight capability, and style, among other things. If you are looking to spend your hard earned money on an office chair that will feel comfortable to sit for hours on end, then this is the article for you!