Best Computer Chair for Short Person – If you’re looking for the best office chair for a shorter person, you’re in the right place. We’re here to help those with a petite body structure choose the most ergonomically suitable office chair for them.
If you’re a smaller person (under 5’3” for women and under 5’8” for men), you know the struggle of spending hours in a regular office chair. Not only can it make your workdays harder, but it also creates more back problems.
So, what are the best choices for petite people out there? In this guide, we’ll look at some of the best office chairs for shorter or petite people. We’ll be closely paying attention to such ergonomic details as seat height, depth, width, and chair size.
Read on if you’re tired of sitting on uncomfortable chairs that aren’t made for your petite body structure. Here are the best office chairs for short people you can find on the market.
With officer workers who have petite bodies and they have to sit on working chairs for a long time, their circulatory systems will be interrupted. The most important thing about the circulatory system of humans is blood circulation and when it is poor, it will cause some problems with joint pain diseases.
Therefore, not only guarantee to have strong health but also maintain a long working regime, short people should equip themself with the best office chair for a short person.
By providing appropriate office chairs to employees, it will make them feel more comfortable to finish their jobs with the highest productivity. On the markets nowadays, they provide a variety of office chairs with exclusive patterns, colors, designs.
1.Boss Office Chair
If you are finding the perfect ergonomic chair for short people, Boss Office Fabric products will make you feel completely satisfied. This brand has been famous for premium quality materials with a lot of integrated functions to give the most comfortable feel for customers.
Moreover, the capacity of this recliner is 250 pounds with compact design and easy assembly, so it becomes the best office chair for short people.
I really like the way the seat cushion and back frame are covered with durable fabric to increase softness and comfort. Although these fibers have a robust structure, they can absorb sweat efficiently to remove humidity on clothes.
In my opinion, the manufacturer ought to design extra pads of the front edge to increase softness. This product is also designed with lumbar that supports the spine, lower-back for users, and waterfall seat shape to not prevent blood circulation on the customer’s legs.
According to your height and the depth of the chair you prefer to, you can adjust the back frame easily by putting pressure on it. The manufacturer has provided two adjustable knobs if you want to change the height of the chair or armrests.
Last but not least, the entire weight of the chair and customers will be held up nylon 5-star base durably. The office recliner can move smoothly based on double wheel casters, and it can be used on many surfaces without leaving scratches.
Not only that, the manufacturer still releases some different designs to make it appropriate for little stout and short height people with loop arms or no arms chairs. A variety of colors is also a great thing that the chair offers, so we can choose the colors we want including black, blue, burgundy, camo and gray.
Pros & Cons
- Thick padded seat and back with built-in lumbar support
- Waterfall seat reduces stress to legs
- Adjustable back depth
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment.5 star nylon base allows smooth movement and stability; Hooded double wheel casters
- Note : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the installation manual (provided in pdf below)
- Thick Padded Seat and Back With Built-In Lumbar Support
- Waterfall Seat Reduces Stress To Your Legs
- Back Is Depth Adjustable and Pneumatic Gas Lift Seat Height Adjustment
- 5 Star Nylon Base Allows Smooth Movement and Stability with Hooded Double Wheel Casters
- Available In Four Fabric Colors
A leather chair will blow up a luxurious fire for your office and increase excitement in your work. If you are seeking a computer chair for a short person that is covered by bonded leather, you couldn’t pass out AmazonBasics products due to its premium quality functions.
The office recliner is designed with explicit structure at the back frame and seat cushions. They are divided into square-shaped to support customers in finding the right sitting position easily.
In Particular, the entire solid squares are contoured padded gently and covered with glossy leather to promote the chair to the next level of relaxation. I think one positive point is that the manufacturer has created the back frame as mid-back to help the user’s back always be straight.
Furthermore, the armrests are produced by nylon material and padded medium-thick cushions to increase more comfort.
Not only that, they are designed as curved shape downstream according to the way of putting the user’s arms to remove pains of shoulders.
The brand has provided fully adjustable knobs to support clients in setting a comfortable position. We are allowed to modify the height of the chair to suit the height of the computer table.
If you want to take a nap on this office recliner comfortably, you are provided tilt tension knobs to adjust the angle as lean-back that makes you satisfied to have a break.
Unfortunately, we can adjust the recliner in two positions: straight back and lean-back. We couldn’t lock the chair at any different angles. To translocate from your working table to other places, you can slip on the chair fastly as a result of durable dual-wheel casters.
The capacity of the chair is 275 pounds so that it is totally suitable for a petite person. To remove the boring working environment of the office, users can choose the exclusive colors of the chair including brown and white.
Pros & Cons
- Padded mid-back rolling office chair upholstered in durable polyurethane bonded (faux) leather
- Height-adjustable padded seat with adjustable seat angle, tilt control and padded armrests; perfect for home office, computer desk, guest work station or conference room
- 5-legged base with durable casters for smooth-rolling mobility; 275-pound max weight capacity
- Product weighs 26.5 pounds; assembly instructions included
- BIFMA Certified
- Chair measures 24 x 24.2 x 34.8-38.6 inches (LxWxH); seat width 20.1-inches, seat depth 16.5-inches, seat back height 18.7-inches
Another popular quality brand offering office chairs for petite persons is Hon. To increase working productivity for customers, Hon has covered the back frame and seat cushion as the sandwich mesh paddings to promote cool air circulation and remove sweat.
Not only that, the cushions have padded with two layers to keep the client’s body feel softer although they have to sit for a long time. But the more pads the manufacturer adds into the seat cushion, the more difficult we have to clean.
You can use the vacuum to remove dust on it effortlessly. This chair will be your wise selection if you want to protect the lower-back from pains.
Furthermore, this is an ergonomic chair because it provides many adjustments to help people in finding the fittest position.
Firstly, customers can use the pneumatic lift to change the height of the chair efficiently. The suitable height of the chair will decide whether your knees are comfortable or not.
Secondly, it still has a tilt tension knob on the right side of the product for adjusting the tilt angle. This function is beneficial because it creates an ideal position for office workers to take a break effortlessly.
Thirdly, the recliner can swivel 360 degrees smoothly.
To upgrade excellent comfort and airy space in the working environment, the manufacturer has produced this recliner without armrests to achieve the best results. Also, people have two different choices about the body’s recliner: a normal task chair and a task stool.
With task chair design, customers can put their legs on the floor directly and move the product smoother. Otherwise, a stool design will help users decrease pressure on their knees.
Pros & Cons
- BREATHABLE MESH COMPUTER CHAIR: This work chair's contoured sandwich mesh seat back cushion with two layers of padding keep your body happy, supported and cool so you can concentrate on work
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: These task chairs offer excellence without expense so you can stretch your furniture dollar while working in comfort. Chair Seat : Seat Depth - Useable: 18.0 Inch. Seat Overall Depth: 18.0 Inch. Seat Width: 20.0 Inch. Base Material: Plastic
- ERGONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS: Let this comfortable office chair take care of your body while you work with an easy, adjustable recline and pneumatic height adjustment. Center-tilt mechanism rotates the seat from a point at the center to comfortably recline
- ON THE MOVE: Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and durable wheels
- BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING: Confirm that the cylinder is squarely mounted into the tilt mechanism, if not, remove and re-assemble. Confirm that the mechanism is mounted onto the seat pan in the proper orientation, if not, remove and re-assemble.
Pros & Cons
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
- Breathable - High density mesh back, flexible supportive, breathable. Designed to support your lower back
- Adjustable - Hbada home office task chair has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch, match different stature. Weight capacity: 250lb.
- Stable & durable: Heavy duty base with smooth and silenced rolling casters, Max Capacity 250lbs
- Customer Warranty Service: Hbada provides three years warranty that is processed in the most hassle-free way possible. Customer-first is the original aspiration of Hbada.No matter what problems you encounter during use, you can contact us. We will provide you with professional services on the product.
Pros & Cons
- EXECUTIVE SWIVEL CHAIR: The smooth, pliable SofThread Leather seating surface with tailored stitching detail gives an upscale, luxurious feel at a compelling price
- COMFORTABLE STYLE: This home office chair provides comfy all-day upper body support with an integrated headrest and fixed arms. Arm Height: 23.75 - 27.50 inches
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Fully adjustable seat height and seat back recline match your comfort and work preferences
- DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE: This heavy duty chair has a 250 pound weight capacity for long-lasting use. Seat Height-17.50 - 21.25 inches. Seat Size-19.25 W x 17.50 D inches. Back Size-19.75 W x 21.25 H inches
- WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Relax knowing this computer chair is backed by the Essentials by OFM limited warranty
6.Modway Edge Drafting Chair
If you are seeking a dynamic office chair with optimal features, Modway will be the perfect choice for you.
With a dynamic working environment, we can stand at work or sit down any time we want, the normal office recliners couldn’t respond to these demands completely. Therefore, this product has been manufactured for a small person as an exclusive design that suits both standing and sitting activities.
Customers will be collapsed in front of this chair due to breathable mesh back, lumbar support, seat cushions, etc. The backrest is designed as a flexible mesh to increase cool air circulation and remove sweat on customer’s clothes.
This chair is integrated with lumbar support and curved three degrees to protect the lower back and mid-back for customers. Besides that, the entire seat cushion is covered by vinyl foam for more durable and long-lasting use.
Because this product can be used for a high table, it provides a chrome-plated adjustable foot ring to reduce pressure on the customer’s knees.
Modway products contain not only modern beauty but it also has optimal technologies to support people’s health efficiently. It offers a pneumatic control for changing the height of the chair from 20.5” to 29”. Customers can use this function smoothly as a result of a tall pneumatic gas cylinder, it is created durably on the chrome-plated foot ring. Furthermore, users can modify the tilt angle based on the tilt tension knob.
Entire the chair’s parts are put on premium quality two-ton base and easy-glide dual-wheel casters for more robust. The armrests are designed with vinyl padding and flipped-up to 90 degrees to create the most comfort when putting hands on them.
Pros & Cons
- STUDIO CHAIR - Practice your guitar, architecture drafting, painting or sewing with a tall chair that pairs nicely with drafting tables. Attainment has flip-up arms that make it easy to practice.
- RECEPTION DESK CHAIR - Greet guests while comfortably seated in a drafting stool. This counter height high office chair has a hydraulic seat adjustment range of 20.5” - 29" from the ground.
- STANDING DESK COMPANION - The Edge Drafting Stool is the adjustable office chair of choice if you stand at work but also appreciate being able to sit down from time to time.
- ERGONOMIC - Edge comes with lower back lumbar support, a padded waterfall mesh seat to keep your back and thighs posture perfect, full 360 degree swivel, and seat tilt plus tension control knob.
- Note : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the User manual (provided in pdf below)
What to Look for When Buying an Office Chair for Short People?
Before buying any office chairs for your company, we should equip pieces of knowledge about their characteristics to select the best one. On the markets nowadays, the manufacturers have provided a variety of office recliners with various designs, brands, shapes, colors, materials, etc.
Hence, to choose the most suitable chair for you, you should know some information as below:
The Size of The Office Chair
Each office chair will suit each stature, hence, remember measuring your height and weight to choose the appropriate product. You can filter various supplies with different width of the seat cushions that you want. A perfect product will not only protect your spine, but also increase comfort in working.
When you finish to select the suitable size of the office recliner, you should observe other elements about main materials, adjustable options, structure of frame or seat cushions.
The Materials of Chair’s Frame
The most enjoyable material of the chair’s frame that the manufacturers often used to produce their products is premium quality plastic. This material is durable and robust for long-lasting use.
Besides that, you are provided another component of the chair’s frame is wood. It will create luxury and modern style for your working environment.
Moreover, the materials of seat cushions are very important for users. So to remove fatigue or pains as a result of sitting for hours on the chair, you ought to select soft pads that absorb sweat.
The Structure of Backrest
The structure of the backrest is another element that you should care about. The modern manufacturers have provided two popular selections including leather backrest and breathable mesh backrest.
If you love dynamic style and comfort in working, you can choose the mesh products. Because they are designed as attractive patterns and can promote cool air circulation in the best way. These meshes are produced with highly elastic that looks like the massage pads to give the most comfortable feeling for users.
Additionally, because of flexible fabrics, you can put a lot of pressure on the backrest effortlessly.
Otherwise, if you enjoy luxury and classic style, the leather chair will be a wonderful decision for you. With glossy and soft material, the product can upscale your working environment and create a comfortable position for users to finish their jobs.
The Adjustable Knobs
Besides the high-quality materials of the office chairs, they need to consist of adjustable options to bring softness and comfort for users.
Most of the products on the markets have high adjustable knobs to modify the height of the chair. With more modern supplies, they are integrated other adjustments including tilt tension, the armrests or headrests. So you should read the instruction of the product carefully to choose the best one for you.
What are The Most Trusted Office Chairs for Short People Brands?
Currently, many manufacturers come from reputable brands that often produce products with premium quality and integrated adjustable options to give complete comfort to their clients. If you are seeking some believed brands, you can refer to Hon, AmazonBasics, Boss, Hbada, Smugdesk, Modway, etc.
If you want your lower back to be supported efficiently by a soft pillow, Smugdesk will not disappoint you. Hbada and Modway are those brands that offer you flip-up armrests for space-saving. Moreover, these brands consist of the optimal knobs to adjust the height of the chair smoothly. Entire the products can swivel 360 degrees effortlessly with a durable base and robust chair’s legs.
Besides that, if you like leather material with luxury and modern for your office, you are offered some brands including AmazonBasics, OFM, Sadie, etc. They contain not only the high-quality leather materials, but also soft paddings at the backrest, seat cushions to increase superior comfort for people.
What are The Different Types of Office Chairs for Short People?
With development of technologies, the manufacturers have produced a variety of products with wonderful functions to response demands of users. Hence, on the markets today, they have many types of office chairs are conference chairs, armless chairs, ergonomic chairs, standing chairs, etc.
Certainly, each kind of chair will contain specific characteristics to create its uniqueness. In this article, I’m glad to introduce the most popular supplies that can remove diseases above are ergonomics, conference chairs, standing chairs.
The ergonomic chairs are created to fully support the customer’s body including standards of posture, lumbar support, comfort, and health. They are researched carefully from health professionals so that users can believe in the quality of products.
Currently, some famous brands have integrated some outstanding elements of ergonomics in their chairs to increase comfort for us. I’m glad to share a lot of beneficial information about choosing the best ergonomic elements for short people in this article as below:
According to the height of petite people, the manufacturers have provided the high ranges of the office chair for them are between 20” and 40”.
The health professionals said that office workers should protect their pelvis because it is the most affected part on bodies. Hence, we need to equip ergonomic chairs that have the tilt tension to support us can recline the product and prevent diseases of our spine.
“S” shape of the backrest will be the perfect design that supports our back and spine optimally. Some brands has integrated soft pillow in the backrest to prevent fatigue or slumping on the pelvis and spine.
To be suitable for offices and meetings, we should equip conference chairs produced with formal designs and had quality functions including lumbar support, soft cushions, armrests and swivel ability.
This chair is used for high tables or dynamic meetings. It is designed with a higher cylinder to lift the user’s body off the ground. Hence, the standing chair has been integrated into a foot ring to create a place for customers putting their foot comfortably.
Low-Back, Mid-Back, High-Back Chair
These types of the chair will support different positions of the user’s spine. The low-back office chair will protect the lower back of us and prevent pelvic diseases. Moreover, if we want to protect our spine efficiently, the mid-back product will be the perfect decision for us. Otherwise, the high-back recliner will keep our spine straight the entire time of working.
Why do You Need an Office Chair for Short People?
With a short person or petite user, the normal office chairs will cause some inconveniences because they aren’t fit with their stature.
Firstly, the standard chairs will contain bigger seat cushions or the height is taller so that they can’t support short people effortlessly. When the user’s legs can’t touch the floor, they can face a lot of problems with interrupting blood flow and waist fatigue.
Secondly, users can feel uncomfortable when sitting on unsuitable products. Because the functions of the chair will not support them in the best way. Hence, their bodies can cause some fatigue.
Last but not least, a good office recliner should maintain comfort and softness during working for hours. With petite people, they need both advanced adjustable options and durable paddings. Therefore, the chairs are promoted in covered layers and produced from the highest quality materials.
How to Use it?
Before using the office chair, we should assemble the product in the appropriate way. In this article, I’m glad to share experience on how to assemble the office recliner:
- Step 1: Unloading entire elements of the office chair that you have bought from store. Reading instructions carefully and checking items to determine the next step.
- Step 2: The casters are the easiest way to assemble so we should start from them. You take entire the wheels outside from new packaging and put them into the base.
- Step 3: You take the gas strut cover and put them into the fittest position of the gas strut.
- Step 4: Then, you put the gas strut in the base of the chair. If we couldn’t tighten the gas strut into the base, don’t worry, it will be tighter when you sit on the recliner.
- Step 5: Using the bolt provided in the packaging and bolt that mechanism easily.
- Step 6: Then, you put the chair’s back on the mechanism that you have already assembled. Aligning the 4 bolt holes and bolt them tightly.
- Step 7: The next step you start to attach the armrests and use the hand screw to tighten them up.
- Step 8: When you finish assembling other elements, you can put the chair onto the gas strut carefully.
- Step 9: The last step is attaching the headrest.
How to Clean and Care?
We have divided the office chairs into 2 popular kinds are mesh and leather products. With each type of chair, we have different ways to clean and take care of them.
If you are using the leather recliner, you can use damp clothes and wipe the chair’s surface gently to remove dirt on frames or cushions. As a result of leather material, you couldn’t use too much pressure to avoid sloughing.
Washing the mesh office chair is easier than the other because we can disassemble each part effortlessly. The most important parts that we should clean carefully are headrests, armrests, seat cushions, etc.
Different from leather product, you can wash the mesh chair with water or soapy solution to remove odors comfortably. You ought to sunbathe the chair’s parts in the sun to prevent bacterial proliferation and remove water completely.
Where to Buy?
The office chairs are easy to find at the stores or supermarkets. If you want to find more shapes of the products, office supplies stores are the best places for you. Besides that, the online store will provide us some recliners with modern style, exclusive pattern and wonderful functions. A lot of online stores that clients can refer to including Amazon.com, Migefuniture.com, Officechairs.com, etc.
What is The Warranty?
Depending on the materials of the office chairs, we should take care of them carefully to use for a long time. When you assemble the products, you ought to observe tiny items, especially the bolts for not missing or losing anything.
Best Computer Chair for Short Person – Searching for a good chair is a challenging and overwhelming task. It’s become more difficult to find a comfortable chair that will fit perfectly for a short person.
If you are working from a chair that doesn’t physically fit you well then you might end up having back pain, neck pain, lack of blood circulation in your legs and possibly pain in other places.
Using a suitable ergonomic chair is highly recommended. In this blog, we have selected some of the best ergonomic office chairs for a person whose height ranges from 5’4″ to 4’11”. These chairs are highly adjustable, ergonomically built, well designed to fit you perfectly.
Most office chairs are built to accommodate an average frame. If you are petite or short in stature (under 5’3” for women and under 5’8” for men), your so called ergonomic chair could be exacerbating your existing aches and pains – or potentially creating new ones.
In this guide we take a look at all the important ergonomic factors that short people need to focus on when picking an ergonomic chair, followed by a comprehensive list of the best office chairs for short people. All of these chairs are appropriately sized in the key areas that make all the difference for short people, from seat depth, height, to seat pan width.
Please note that we will be using terms such as “short”, “shorter” or “petite” to describe people that are under the statistically average height for men and women. This post will not focus on chairs for little people, or people with dwarfism.