Best Computer Chair Under 100 – The year 2020 was a big one for home office chairs (no explanation needed). Although a swivelly seat is now a household staple two years later, finding one that checks boxes for both aesthetics and back support without obliterating your budget is tough. But where there’s an internet connection, there’s a way — to find the best cheap office chairs that are comfy, stylish, and clock in under $100. (When it comes to a piece of furniture as involved as your average rolling chair, going much lower than that could leave you sitting on a milk crate for your morning Zoom meeting.)
Maybe it’s just me, but when I sit down in a chair for hours on end, my end gets very sore. Too much information? Maybe, butt I’m sure I’m not alone. That’s why I like office chairs that have some or all of their surface covered in a soft cushion material and plenty of adjustable features to match my personal preferences. In addition to built-in lumbar support, this Massage Gaming Chair from VON RACER offers adjustable armrests, adjustable height, and an angle adjuster.
Tho top it all off, the VON RACER Massage Gaming Chair also has a removable neckrest and a recliner to give your weary feet some rest. If all that PU leather gets a little hot, you can take off the neckrest and lumbar pillow to allow for some aeration. If your back gets tired of sitting in the same place all day, you can plug in the lumbar pillow via a USB cable to enjoy a massage.
The design may be a bit loud for professionals, but you can get it in black or grey to tone down the gaming chair vibes. Overall, this office chair touts supreme comfort at an affordable price.
- 【Multifunctional Gaming Chair】Innovative implant USB electric massager in the lumbar cushion makes it effectively relieve your fatigue and pain. 90 to 120-degree recline, adjustable arms, headrest and lumbar support, retractable padded footrest, and 360-degree swivel make the gaming chair have wide usage. The massage function is used below 5V (overload may cause malfunction)
- 【Adjustable Reclining Gaming Chair】Get suitable position by adjusting the height and reclining the backrest of the gaming chair from 90° to 120°. The retractable padded footrest of the ergonomic gaming chair offers more positions.
- 【Sturdy & Durable】The computer gaming chair is designed in great construction with a heavy-duty metal base and frame to last long, which can support up to 250 LBS. Our gaming chairs are made of high-quality PU leather and filled with high-density thick foam.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】The massage gaming chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools and commercial-grade components. With step-by-step instructions, you'll get it assembled with ease within 15 minutes.
- 【 LARGE SIZE】Overall dimension: 24.4" x 25.2"x 50"-52.8" (L x W x H); seating area dimension: 20.9"x 21.3"(W x D); backrest dimension: 23.6" x 33.5" (W x H) ; Maximum weight capacity: 250 Lbs.
When I started working from home full-time a few years ago, this AmazonBasics chair was my first home office purchase. It has continued to serve me well as a guest chair since I’ve now upgraded to a more fancy gaming chair. It’s still just as comfortable and practical as the day I purchased it.
Don’t let this chair’s low price and “basics” moniker fool you. It’s padded for hours of comfortable seating and comes in three colors to match any decor. Assembly is an absolute snap. This chair is a little smaller than others on this list, perfect for those more petite workers or even as a child’s homework chair.
- Comfortable desk chair upholstered in durable Puresoft polyurethane; perfect for home or office use
- Pneumatic seat-height adjustment; KD metal frame with dual-wheel casters
- 275-pound maximum weight capacity; BIFMA certified; Assembly instructions included
- Measures 25.75 inches deep by 24.25 inches wide by 38.25 to 42 inches total height
- Upholstered seat and back
3.Devoko Office Desk Chair
I like this high-backed chair because it looks like something that could fit in equally well at a lawyer’s office, a CEO’s meeting room, or even a basic cubicle. The back is contoured to support your back in just the right spots, and the seat is covered in black leather.
Even though the Furmax High Back Office Chair below is positioned as a more elegant chair, to my eyes, this Devoko chair looks the classiest of any on our list. The chrome accents really shine and are sure to attract many compliments from your jealous coworkers.
- -Ergonomic Design: The mid-back office chair designed to support your spine's natural curve, which make sure you can sit at the chair for long time without pain for your vertebral.
- -Comfortable experience:The padded armrests and thickened cushion give you extra comfort. High density mesh back is breathable.
- -Durable & Sturdy: Certified by BIFMA, this office chair is safe and reliable. Sturdy five star base assures the stability. Load capacity up to 280 pounds.
- -Simple Installation: Easy installation steps make you effortless. You can build it up only about 15 minutes following the pack instruction.
- -What We Offer: A new office chair, Complete installation tools, An installation instruction.
How to Find the Best Inexpensive Office Chair
Think about the basics of ergonomics, size, and, of course, appearance.
Is there lumbar support? Is it adjustable for height? Are there armrests? What about wheels? You can find these elements in nearly any basic office chair. Whatever the chair, your feet should be flat on the ground, the armrests should allow you to type comfortably and you should be at the correct height when facing the monitor.
Inexpensive desk chairs tend to be on the small side, which is a bonus if you’re working with a small office space. Just make sure to check the weight limit, and consider the height of the chair back. Some people prefer a chair back tall enough to provide a headrest, while others find this uncomfortable.
While it won’t be an Eames chair, that doesn’t mean it has to be an eyesore. In fact, back-to-basics office chairs tend toward minimalism when it comes to design, suitable for nearly any space. If style is a bigger factor for you than ergonomics, you definitely open up your options, but we’d still advise double checking things like height and cushioning to make sure you’re still at the correct distance from your desk and your back won’t be killing you by the end of the day.
Which $100 range Ergonomic Office Chair will you Choose?
An ergonomic office chair with all its adjustable parts and materials is a complex piece of equipment. This is why they are usually an expensive purchase. Having said that, due to cut throat competition in the space, there are still decent office chairs to be found in the lower end price range, even below $100 as I’ve reviewed here.
Which budget office chair to pick depends on your needs. Is durability your #1 concern? What about price? Do you need a headrest, tall back or adjustable armrests? Do you live in a hot climate that forgoes faux or PU leather as the primary material? Each individual is different, and in this guide, I’ve tried to review the best chairs that take into account each of these important categories.
If you’re on a tight budget, I hope you’ve found the chair reviews in this guide helpful in finding a low cost but quality ergonomic chair. And if you’re a gamer, check out our reviews of the best gaming chairs under $100. Considering the amount of time all of us spend sitting down, your budget shouldn’t determine whether you can get a comfortable, ergonomic chair that won’t leave your body with aches at the end of each day.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Office Chair
With the wide range of options available on the market, knowing what to look for in an office chair becomes essential if you want to make a good choice. Here is what you should consider before buying an office chair:
How much weight can it hold?
Most chairs on our list support up to 250lbs. This means the chair won’t break easily even if you don’t need it to support a lot of weight.
Is it easy to assemble?
If the chair is easy to assemble and if the manufacturer includes all the tools you’ll need in the package, then you won’t have to struggle to get the chair ready.
What materials is the back of the chair made of?
When you need to sit down for long periods of time, having a chair that lets your skin breathe is a key feature to consider. Most of the chairs we’ve described have a back made of mesh, a breathable material that is also easy to clean.
Is the chair ergonomic?
You’re probably going to spend many hours sitting down on an office chair, therefore, making sure it has an ergonomic design becomes essential to make a good choice. With an ergonomic chair your chances of avoiding neck, back and leg pain is greatly increased.
Is there a rocking mechanism?
When you want to lean back for a moment, the rocking mechanism of an office chair allows you to tilt back and relax. Many of the products we’ve described on the list include this feature, however, for the price they come for, they don’t allow the user to lock the angle of this mechanism.
Can you adjust the height?
One of the most important features to consider is whether the chair’s height can be adjusted to fit your needs. If the answer is affirmative, then that chair might be the one you’re looking for.
What is the chair’s cushion made of?
The cushion of the chair is another crucial factor to consider since you’ll be spending quite some time sitting on it. Before settling on a chair, make sure to check if the cushion is made of a resistant material that won’t lose its original shape with time. For example, a good option could be cushions made of foam.
Can the armrests be flipped up?
Having flip-up armrests isn’t the most important feature an office chair should have, but we can’t deny it might come in handy if the space you’re working in is limited and you want to slide the chair under the desk.
The Benefits of a Chair Under $100
Although the range of available choices for an office chair is quite extensive, varying from cheap options to more expensive solutions, here are the benefits of buying a chair for less than $100:
- The price for value of these chairs is good
- There are hundreds of models to choose from
- Most chairs are sturdy and durable
- There are chairs under $100 that can support up to 300lbs
- You’ll be able to adjust the height even if the chairs aren’t expensive
- Most chairs include a mesh back that will let your skin breathe during work hours
- The ergonomic design and lumbar support will help you avoid back pain
- The cushions aren’t likely to lose their shape
- A rocking mechanism is available on most models for when you want to relax
- The products require very little time to assembly
- In most cases, the producers provide the tools needed to assemble the chairs
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $100?
Finding a comfortable position while you work and maintaining it throughout your shift is crucial if you wish to avoid back, neck, and lumbar pain. One of the many ways to do that is to purchase an ergonomic office chair that’ll help you keep a correct posture. However, whereas some chair models are quite expensive and require you to spend over $200, there are also other good-quality chairs that are not as expensive.
Most of the chairs we’ve described come for under $100 but still allow the user to adjust their height, tilt back to relax, flip up the armrests, and they also feature a mesh back and an ergonomic design. Remember that some of the most important things to consider before buying an office chair include the materials, the adjustable features and its functions.
Therefore, if you wish to buy a good office chair for a cheap price, these kinds of chair are what you should be looking at.
How We Decided
To help narrow down to the above list, we tested out dozens of chairs, looking for models that were extremely comfortable and offered back support, good lumbar, and, in some cases, neck support. We focused on products that remained comfortable even after using it for several hours, causing no back pain to speak of. To that end, we favored chairs that boasted a wide variety of adjustability options, allowing use by a wide variety of body types.
We also took a look at aesthetics, choosing models that would look great in the home office or at your primary workspace. We chose chairs made from ultra-durable materials that stayed cool even in use, thanks to fine mesh backrests and other comfort-forward features. Additionally, we leaned toward products with a high maximum weight capacity, as much as 450 pounds.
Finally, we picked products that were easy to assemble, with everything you need coming right out of the box and no need for external tools or screws, with assembly taking between 15 and 30 minutes. We also wanted to make sure these chairs were backed with warranties in the one to five-year range.
However, you should also be aware that, as sturdy as they can be, these products won’t probably last a decade and the cushions will eventually lose their original shape.
Still, all things considered, office chairs under $100 offer a great price for value ratio and we hope our guide will help you find the perfect office chair for you.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Best Computer Chair Under 100 – If you’re on a shoestring budget, finding a quality ergonomic office chair that won’t break your back nor the bank can seem next to impossible. The market in the sub $100 range for office chairs is littered with poorly constructed junk that are not only uncomfortable to sit in, but will quickly break down on you and end up hogging space in the garage in short order. In that case you’re not saving money; you’re just wasting it.
In this buyer’s guide, I took it as a challenge to find the absolute best ergonomic chairs money can buy for under or around $100. These chairs may not come with an extensive list of adjustable features, but they must all pass my 3 main criteria for an excellent budget office chair- durable, comfortable, and whenever possible a decent warranty to cover your investment if you’re not happy.
To help you find the best office chair under $100, we’ve tried out dozens of models, testing them for back and neck support, ergonomics, breathability and adjustability. We also tended to favor ultra-durable But if you already have an office chair and don’t want to get rid of it, then the best office chair cushions will interest you.products, with a high weight capacity, made from quality materials.