Best Computer Gaming Chair for Back Pain – Most gamers spend hours at a time playing games on their computer or console device. Prolonged sitting without proper support will lead to poor posture and back pain. If you’re a gamer like myself, then you probably love spending money on high-tech gaming gear to enhance your gaming experience. However, it’s important to invest in a high-quality gaming chair.
Gaming chairs include a variety of ergonomic features such as a high backrest, adjustable headrest, and lumbar pillow, recline back, rocking feature, adjustable armrest, and adjustable seat. We’ve meticulously vetted dozens of chairs based on what gamers are looking for to provide you with ten of the best gaming chairs for back pain.
At first blush, some of the best gaming chairs might seem like a bit much in terms of design. Some resemble race car seats, while others are covered top to bottom in satanic runes. If you need a chair for work, some of these styles really won’t look good on your morning catch-up at work. We also added in more low-key yet stylish office chairs that offer the support you want out of a gaming chair just without all the gaming aesthetics like the , the envy of all Silicon Valley.
We’ve tested dozens of gaming chairs from today’s most reliable companies and every single chair in this guide, and while you could always go the cheap gaming chair route, why not treat your posterior to something special.
1.Razer Enki Gaming Chair
The Razer Enki Ultimate Gaming Chair is the best gaming chair for people with back pain. Why? It’s designed to keep your spine in alignment and free from pressure points that cause pain! This computer chair is a must-have if you’re looking for comfort while playing games.
There are two reclining angles to choose from, along with a sturdy metal base that balances heavy loads, ensuring stability. The backrest follows the natural curve of your spine, while the armrests offer comfortable support for extended gaming sessions.
This chair strikes the right mix between style and comfort, with neon green and black PU leather and soft, thick molded foam filling throughout. The 3D soft coat-padded armrests are ideal for stretching your arms or maximizing your postures to win matches. We like the tilt and lock seat mechanism, which easily allows users to sit in different positions as they spend the nights on it, in addition to the velvet-covered headrest cushion that feels particularly soft to the head.
The Razer Enki Ultimate Gaming Chair is a revolutionary gaming chair that has been designed with gaming in mind. The chair’s back is contoured to provide a natural sitting position, keeping your spine healthy and free from pain. This chair also provides a 2-year warranty on its parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Pros & Cons
- Designed for All-Day Gaming: 110-degree shoulder arches and wide 54-cm seat base ensure optimal weight distribution for long-lasting comfort during gaming marathons
- Built-in Lumbar Arch: Feel less fatigued over long periods with the lumbar curve that gently supports your lower back and encourages sitting in a neutral position
- Optimized Cushion Density: Unparalleled comfort with a softer seat base for a cushier feel and a firmer seat backing for solid support
- Dual-Textured, Eco-Friendly Synthetic Leather: Core areas of the chair are covered in a plush textured fabric for more refined comfort, while the outer edges are lined with smooth leather to better withstand daily wear and tear
- Reactive Seat Tilt & 152-Degree Recline: Lean back effortlessly into the seat thanks to a reactive mechanism that reacts to your weight, and lay as far back as you want with an adjustable recline of up to 152 degrees
- 4D Armrests: Adjust the armrests’ height, angle and move them forwards or backwards for a position tailored to the way you sit
- Premium Memory Foam Head Cushion: Included plush head cushion that can mold to the shape of your head and neck, providing cushy support to those key areas
2.GTRACING Gaming Chair
If you’re looking for a gaming chair that doesn’t break the bank, the GTRACING gaming chair is a great option to choose from. At only a fraction of the costs of most gaming chairs, you get plenty of ergonomic features such as padded seating, adjustable seat height, armrests, recliner, and even a retractable footrest. Footrests enable gamers to change positions by shifting their weight and lower the strain placed on their back. Overall, footrests will help reduce fatigue in a person’s knees, ankles, feet, and thighs, while also aligning with their posture.
Something we’ve found fascinating about the GTracing chairs is their deep recliner. It can recline up to 170 degrees meaning users can take a nap during breaks. We also enjoy the comfort of this chair. It has a thick padded seat and back to ensure comfort while sitting for long periods.
GTracing uses a bonded leather material, which is a cheaper alternative to genuine leather. However, it has a sleek and consistent texture making it look similar to an executive office chair. In addition, you’ll find a headrest and a lumbar pillow that is detachable and height-adjustable. With the lumbar pillow, you can position it precisely to adjust where you need the most support.
Pros & Cons
- Designed with 2 Bluetooth speakers.Surrounded sound system brings the best in your entertainment
- Connect it to your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled devices,and enjoy music,mobile game
- Ergonomic Design: Strong metal frame designed to help promote a comfortable seated position
- Multi Function: Bluetooth speakers for 16 hour music play,Armrest adjustable,Seat height adjustable
- Seat height adjustable;90 to 160 degree reclining;360 degree swivel;Removable headrest
- High Quality: Smooth Pu leather upholstery.Thick padded seat cushion made of high density foam
- Game and Office: Gtracing gaming chair is an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming
3.AutoFull Gaming Office
AutoFull is dedicated to creating the best gaming chair and giving professional gamers the best gaming experience possible. The AutoFull Gaming chair is designed to provide maximum comfort whether you are working or playing video games for long periods of time. You can sit comfortably thanks to the ergonomic metal frame, robust backrest, and 13cm seat cushion.
Additional neck and waist support is provided with an adjustable headrest and lumbar cushion. So there will be no more back and neck pain or fatigue from long durations of gaming or working.
The mesh back keeps you cool as well. The back and sides of the seat should stay cold even as the temperature rises. The PU leather on the seat is simple to clean. It’s only a matter of wiping it down with a damp cloth now and again.
Depending on your preferences, you may recline the back of this chair at any angle between 90 and 155 degrees. Along with the reclining aspect, the chair’s design incorporates a sturdy integrated metal frame and a heavy-duty nylon base that can hold up to 350 pounds.
Overall, thanks to the solid build quality and kick-out footrest, the Autofull is still a wonderful chair for kicking back and relaxing your whole body.
Pros & Cons
- ✔【3D Modeling Lumbar Pillow】:With a natural curve of the lumbar spine, the 3D Lumbar Cushion is designed for all-day gaming or working support and helps a lot with easing back pain .The thick,dense Memory Foam Padding balances support and comfort to provide cushioning that feels snug and natural.
- ✔【Carbon Fiber Texture, Eco-Friendly Half PU Leather】: Core areas of the chair are covered in a racing seat PU leather for more durable and comfort,while the outer edges are lined with smooth carbon fiber to better withstand daily wear and tear
- ✔【MULTI-FUNCTION:360° Swivel】, chair back can be reclined at any angle between 90°-170°for working, gaming, reading or napping ,3.2'' height adjustable adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow,retractable footrest，all for finding your most comfort position.
- ✔【HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL】：The strong integrated metal frame, heavy duty nylon base are able to withstand up to 350lbs.Carbon fiber and PU leather material, provide you a better touch feelling, SGS certified 4-level cylinder, provides more safe protection for you.
- ✔【EXCELLENT AFTER-SALES SERVICE】:Free replacement or money back for any reason within 30 days, 36 months on parts. Any dissatisfaction with our products, please contact us at first, we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
4.Dowinx Gaming Chair
The Dowinx Ergonomic Gaming Chair takes pride in being comfortable and supportive without being overbearing.
The gaming chair has a lumbar massage cushion and an upgraded linkage armrest. It also has a wing-shaped backrest and a sturdy iron frame. The chair is also quite mobile due to the 360° swivel and 170° reclining options, as well as the smooth caster wheels.
It would be great if comfort and excellent posture always went hand in hand, but they don’t. The Dowinx Ergonomic Gaming Chair stands up to its name, but it’s just as comfortable as it is supportive. The lumbar cushion isn’t as obtrusive as other similar models, and the chair remains firm and posture-friendly even without it.
This chair’s warranty is questionable. Almost all gaming chairs on Amazon clearly mention their warranty conditions. However, the Dowinx chair simply mentions “one month of replacement service” and “one-year parts quality warranty as a promise” briefly.
In a nutshell, Dowinx is the best gaming chair with lumbar support for those who suffer from back pain. It straightens your spine and improves your posture.
Pros & Cons
- 【NEWLY-ARRIVED】: Extraordinary sitting experience guaranteed by our newly improved linkage armrest and the massage lumbar pillow with a fits-all USB port which helps a lot with easing back pain.
- 【EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A CHAIR】: High level mobility supported by a 360-degree swivel and ultra-smooth caster wheels; 90°-165° reclining for working, gaming, reading or napping; 20° controllable rocking and retractable footrest for relaxing; Up to 350 lbs capacity, adjustable seat height, highly flexible head pillow and lumbar support.
- 【FOR NOT ONLY GAMER】: The trustworthy wingback provides multi-contact for releasing your lumbar pressure while your spine is also well protected by the neck pillow. Plus, the retractable footrest and the re-designed soft wing frame further upgrade your sitting experience.
- 【STURDY CONSTRUCTION & ECO FRIENDLY MATERIAL】: Alloy frame covered in quality hand-sewing PU leather and 5 inches high density foam. Upgraded LANT gas cylinder and mechanism largely prolong the life expectancy of the chair.
- 【INSTALLATION AND AFTER SELL SERVICES】Detail instruction manual included in the package. 24/7 customer services team all for shopping experience. One-month replacement services and 1 year parts quality warranty as promise.
5.Giantex 360 Degree Chair
Rounding off our list is the best swivel floor chair for casual gaming or reading in the living room – the Giantex 360° Swivel Gaming Chair. It’s an ultra comfy and affordable chair that offers far better support for your back than a sofa.
Compared to the X Rocker Pro, the Giantex is a more basic floor gaming chair in that it doesn’t rock and it doesn’t have an audio and vibration system.
What it offers, however, is a reclining backrest which you can lock into 4 points to support more sitting positions. The backrest is not that high at about 25” from the seat to the top, so we only recommend it for shorter gamers less than 5’8”.
In terms of comfort, the Giantex is a winner. The combination of the thick, fluffy sponge and high-density springs makes for a great sitting experience. It comes with a fairly wide swivel base, making it more fun and convenient. One reviewer said that he had to buy more of this chair because it’s so comfy that his family fights over who gets to use it.
The upholstery is superior linen, so it’s both durable and good for people with sensitive skin. We think it’s a nice touch that the fabric covers the base. This means that even when your kids drag the chair across the floor, the base won’t scratch the floor.
The only thing missing is a lumbar pillow to better support your back. Of course, as always, you can just grab a throw pillow or even a rolled towel if you’re going to be playing for a while. It can also be tricky for some to get off the chair since the swivel doesn’t lock and there are no arms to help you.
Overall, though advertised as a gaming chair, the Giantex is a very solid pick for both gamers and non-gamers. Not only is it great for lounging around, it’s also compact, lightweight, and space-saving.
Pros & Cons
- 【6-Position Adjustment & 360° Swivel】: The floor chair is designed with adjustable 6-position backrest to fulfill different individual requirements. Adjust the backrest to your desired Angle with ease, which only need you to exert your body pressure on it. More, 360° swivel base brings much more convenience in turning around your body for added fun.
- 【Ergonomic Design to Relax Your Body】: High backrest is capable of providing comfortable support to your tired body, relieving your back muscle fatigue and enabling a better relaxation. Compared with armless floor chair, it delicately equipped with armrest shall take the comfortableness to the next level. Also, it will perfectly fit well with your body curve thanks to its ergonomic design.
- 【Fold it for Easy & Spacing-Saving Storage】: The folding floor gaming chair without any required assembly allows you to use it once you receive the package. Additionally, when not in use, it can be folded easily for a space-saving storage. In this way, those who want to keep a neat living space or lack storage space will benefit a lot.
- 【Breathable Mesh Fabric & Soft Sponge】: The mesh fabric features excellent breathability and soft tactility, that’s why this lazy soft chair adopts such material instead of others. Plus, filled with premium high resilience sponge inside, it is not easy to sag while avoid discomfort even sitting there for long time.
- 【Wide Applications in Daily Life】: whether for playing mobile games, concentrating on reading a loved books or having meditation, the floor rocker chair will extremely satisfy you. Besides, it can be used as a leisure chair as well, to entertain family members and guests who get used to sitting on the floor.
If you’re a console gamer, then consider the Respawn RSP-900. Although it doesn’t have all of the adjustments that a PC gaming chair would, it has lots of padding across its armrests, seat cushion and backrest. The chair features segmented padding along with a plush headrest pillow for additional comfort. The segmented padding is designed to contour to your body so that it adjusts to your body’s movements.
Frequent breaks are essential for your health. The Respawn RSP-900 allows you to recline up to 135 degrees while still feeling secure since you’re positioned lower to the floor. Even at the reclined position, you’re able to swivel the chair around 360 degrees. Furthermore, it has an extendable footrest for you to relieve pressure off of your legs and feet.
Most gamers love to keep their drinks and snacks around. The chair has a handy built-in cup holder along with a side pouch to hold any small items such as their phones or snacks.
Pros & Cons
- CONSOLE GAMING COMFORT provided by a plush removable headrest pillow and segmented padding that lead to the ultimate experience -- a fully functional gaming recliner that lets you level up while laying back.
- CONTROLS AND DRINKS AT THE READY with a removable side pouch that hangs off the left arm to keep game controllers close and a cupholder built into the left arm so you don't have to pause the gaming action to refuel.
- CONTINUOUS SURFACE WITH INDEPENDENT CONTROLS. The chair and footrest are a continuous surface, no open spaces to get wires caught, but operate independently to give you total control over your gaming chair experience. Features a 275 lb weight capacity.
- RECLINE WITH CONFIDENCE. Comfortably recline up to 135-degrees and feel secure because the 360-degree swivel base provides sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back -- allowing you to focus on your foes, not your balance.
- AWARD-NOMINATED BRAND, RESPAWN is committed to your satisfaction.
- NOTE : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the user manual (provided in pdf below)
Choosing the Best Gaming Chair Back Pain – Buyer’s Guide
Ergonomics is a crucial component to ensure comfortability and prevent potential health issues from sitting down for long periods. The ergonomics will vary from a console chair versus a PC gaming chair. PC gaming chairs are designed to ensure gamers are sitting at an upright position. If you’re not used to sitting straight, it may feel unnatural or uncomfortable at times.
Console gaming chairs are designed to lean back and have a rocking feature. Sitting closer to the floor encourages your body to lean forward.
One of the most ergonomic aspects to gaming chairs is their high back with a fixed headrest design. Since gamers sit for long periods, they tend to slouch their shoulders and bend their neck forward. The high back and headrest pillow provides sufficient support for your shoulder, neck, and head. Similar to how a pillow and backboard is essential to a good night’s rest, this design provides better comfort and support than most office chairs with a mid or low backrest.
Most standard office chairs will reduce the lumbar curve by rotating the pelvis. As a result, your spine and shoulders will overcompensate and lead to back pain.
Gaming chairs include a detachable lumbar pillow cushion. Make sure that the cushion is height adjustable so that it targets a specific area in your back. External lumbar support pillows help to promote a neutral spine, healthy posture, and provide relief to your lower back. With a lumbar cushion, it helps to prevent the body from sagging forward and will keep you upright. With the tall backrest and lumbar support, it’s nearly impossible to slouch.
Higher-end gaming chairs will include more sophisticated support. For example, the Secretlab Titan or Herman Miller chairs use an internal lumbar. Users can adjust the depth of the lumbar to provide the right amount of firmness or pressure to your back. The internal lumbar support feels much more natural since it feels like a part of the chair rather than a separate pillow.
With Herman Miller, you get other adjustments to ensure your back is healthy. For example, their lumbar support allows you to adjust both the height and depth. Each individual has their own unique needs and different height and weight profiles. The more customizable your lumbar support is, the better it is for your back.
Every gaming chair should have a variety of adjustments. Adjustments help make sitting more comfortable. For example, sitting on a chair that is too high means you’ll have to strain your neck to the computer screen. The adjustment that a chair may have includes adjusting your seat height, width, depth, seat angle, swivel, lumbar depth and height, and headrest height.
The seat height is likely the first thing you’ll need to adjust. Adjust the height, so that your head is leveled to the computer screen. In this position, your feet should be flat on the floor with your hips positioned higher than your knees. The armrests should be the same height as your desk. They help to reduce pressure placed on your upper body including shoulders, neck and upper back. Armrests that are positioned correctly help to give your wrists a break without having to bend at an angle to use the keyboard. This reduces the chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome, which occurs when your nerves are strained from being pressed by the tendons around them.
Comfort (seat comfort, back comfort, arm comfort)
Besides adjustments, there are many aspects that make a chair comfort including the seat cushion, backrest, and armrest. Usually, the more padding, the more comfortable a chair is. However, plush and soft isn’t always the best for your health. Sofas are incredibly soft and comfortable to sit on, but not ideal for your back. Try to find chairs that strike a balance between comfortable and supportive.
Most gaming chairs come with a waterfall or bucket seat cushion with thick padding. A waterfall design slopes downward slightly to reduce the pressure placed on the back of the thigh. It also increases blood flow to the lower limbs. Lack of blood circulation causes numbness in your legs and even leads to soreness or injury. Most gaming chairs typically include high-density memory foam or cold cure foam seat cushions. Cold cure foam is twice as denser than normal foam, so it’ll feel much more firm and supportive. However, the foam will soften when pressure is placed on it for maximum comfort.
For backrests, gaming chairs usually include PU leather padding, mesh, vinyl, or fabric materials. PU leather is similar to the foam padding where it feels very smooth and soft to rest against. However, heat may build-up causing users to sweat while sitting for prolonged periods. Mesh materials allow ventilation in your seat to keep users dry and cool. The mesh material is also much more flexible giving you a lot of wiggle room to move and adjusts the support based on the person’s movement.
Armrests are great for allowing your arms to rest without bending while using the keyboard. Some gaming chairs, especially the console gaming chairs, have thick padding for additional comfort.
Build quality ensures that your gaming chair will last for a long time. Cheaper chairs tend to use metal frames made out of aluminum alloy or aluminum. These materials are very light, however they aren’t as strong nor hold as much weight compared to steel chairs. Avoid chairs that use particle boards as frames since they are more likely to break down quickly.
Sometimes breakdowns may happen, so make sure that the manufacturer has a warranty where they will send you replacement parts free of charge. Many sellers offer a minimum warranty of one to two years.
Depending on your budget, there are great options in each price range. However, higher-end chairs tend to use high-quality materials and offer more adjustable features. Inexpensive brands such as Respawn, DXRacer, and GTracing use cheaper alternative materials such as aluminum for their base or PU leather for the exterior. These chairs often have features that are more for aesthetics compared to functionality. For example, the bucket design or winged back design doesn’t offer much of a purpose. Instead, it mimics the design of a race car seat. However, these chairs still offer the standard adjustments needed such as seat height, reclining angle, and even lumbar and headrest pillows.
With high-end brands like Herman Miller or even mid-tier brands such as Secretlab, you get more sophisticated ergonomic features. Herman Miller puts great attention to detail with their woven mesh material to ensure flexibility and relieve pressure points in your back. They also offer an internal lumbar system so the lumbar support feels more comfortable than an external pillow sticking out. Overall, it comes down to your individual needs and budget. High-end chairs give you more custom features, durability, and ergonomics for better back support.
These days a gaming chair is (potentially) much more than a bucket seat and a bright color scheme. Gaming chairs can be equipped with all kinds of accessories like speakers, cup holders, and even phone charging ports. The gaming chair will help you to resolve the back pain issue more quickly as compared to an office chair because of its ergonomic design.
Massage Chairs: Are They Worth It?
Like anything, you get what you pay for when it comes to massage chairs.
The big question to ask yourself when considering using a massage chair for playing is. Do you have significant pain or some other medical condition that you hope to alleviate with a massage chair, or do you just love a massage chair?
The armchair that tickles you and makes you feel good? In the latter case, you are much more likely to be satisfied with a massage chair for games.
If you have a more serious medical problem, consult a doctor before making a major decision about a massage chair.
Speakers and massage cushions are generally the most common “major” accessories you’ll find in gaming chairs, in terms of cost.
When it comes to small pieces of equipment, there is hardly any limit to what you can find. You will need to consider the overall price of the chair and the value of each of its features.
However, there are great gaming chairs without any additions that are also cheaper.
Yes, unlike office chairs, gaming chairs have a high back design made to offer full coverage and support to your shoulder, neck, and head. Without a high back, gamers may develop bad habits of slouching. In addition, gaming chairs include a built-in lumbar support and a reclining angle seat.
Gaming chairs ultimately come down to personal preference. But based on our experiences and customer feedback, we believe the Herman Miller Aeron is the best for your back. It might not have the plushy padding that other gaming chairs do. It features a woven pellicle mesh back material to allow air to circulate keeping your back cool. It also is designed with eight zones of tension to relieve pressure on your back and provide more sophisticated support. It includes adjustable pads to stabilize the base of the spine and provide lumbar support. With their lumbar system, you can adjust both the depth and height, so you can get just enough support in the right areas.
A chair with more firmness is likely to provide better support to your back. A chair that feels like a marshmallow can feel comfortable to sit on, however, are more likely to promote bad posture. Hard chairs provide sufficient support for the natural curve of your back. Your back needs to be in an S shape while sitting. Soft seats cause users to slouch causing a C-shaped curve. Firm chairs will relieve strain and stress from your lower back, while also promoting a healthy posture.
Hours of gaming can be exhilarating, but it can also cause back pain. So, a gaming chair for back pain is worth considering to relieve the pain and discomfort. When you choose a comfortable gaming chair made from a breathable material, you give your back the care it deserves. Since gaming chairs can have added features such as speakers, a footrest, and a cup holder, they can enhance your gaming experience. Available in various designs and colors, you can choose one that suits your requirements and fits your gaming setup.
Most gamers spend hours playing games on the computer. In the initial days, they are happy and have no complaints but later on, they feel pain in their lower back.
As we all know that sitting for long hours on an uncomfortable chair may cause poor posture and lower back pain. Your spine can be affected and as a result inflammation in your body occurs.
Luckily there are the best gaming chairs for lower back pain that are comfortable and supportable for the back. These gaming chairs for back support have many ergonomic features that make the user comfortable while playing games.
There are many features in a gaming chair for lower back pain such as lumbar support, adjustable armrest, adjustable headrest pillow, swivel function, adjustable seat position, etc.
Best Computer Gaming Chair for Back Pain – The best gaming chairs are more than just a place to park your butt for 12 hours a day to farm runes in Elden Ring. They combine comfort, style, and ergonomics into one of the most important personal and professional investments you could make. Whether you’re looking for an epic gaming chair outfitted in your team colors or a stylish office chair with strong CEO vibes, we’ve got you covered.
When perusing for the best gaming chair, you should always make sure that it will take care of your spine. Your body is a delicate flesh temple that needs to sit on a sturdy foundation, or you’ll suffer some structural damage. OK, that’s a bit dramatic, but you should look at which chairs provide the best support for your back and spine. Consult a doctor to see if you require something extra like more lumbar support, neck pillows, or, I kid you not, built-in back massagers. A good chair isn’t cheap, so make sure the one you get gives you every ergonomic benefit to protect your neck, back, and spine.