Best Desk Chair for College Student – Studying does a number on your body. According to one study, a staggering 74% of college students experience lower back pain.
Apart from remembering to get up frequently to move your body, a good study chair can also help tremendously. They help encourage good sitting posture and are designed to support your body better in the study position. In this post, I’ll talk about the 6 best types of chairs for College student, and our top picks in each category.
Teachers and students study and work from home this year more than ever before. In this article, you will find reviews and tips on how to choose the best ergonomic desk chairs that have comfort and supports your back and neck during working hours in your home office.
If you lack concentration when working or studying, your sitting posture could be the reason. Your sitting position plays a crucial role in how well you can concentrate. You need to cultivate a healthy studying and working environment to bolster your concentration levels.
The NOUHAUS Ergo3D has all the features you’d consider important in an ergonomic office chair.
It is fully adjustable, includes lumbar support, and has a backrest you can tilt up to 135º if you ever need to lounge between study sessions. Additionally, the chair offers a 3D lumbar support system that reduces spinal compression and can help control back pain. It is designed to balance your weight and reduce the fatigue associated with sitting for hours on end.
This model comes in 4 different colors and has a contemporary modern look that will add elegance to any space. People who bought the NOUHAUS Ergo3D office chair say it’s a solid chair that is very easy to set up and extremely comfortable when you lean back. They also say that it fulfills its ergonomic function perfectly as many of them have seen a remarkable reduction in back pain.
If you’re a college student, you probably don’t have enough space to accommodate a bulky ergonomic chair. In that case, this model may be the most appropriate one for you.
The Smugdesk is a small ergonomic lumbar support chair that has supportive wheels, a high-density seat cushion, and a fully breathable premium mesh backrest. It also has functional lumbar support and an adjustable height of up to 119cm which makes it suitable for almost any height.
The armrests, however, aren’t adjustable but they’re still of high-quality and incredibly comfortable. According to customer reviews, the top-rated features on this chair are its value for money, support, and ease of assembly. Most people who bought this model say that it’s a high-quality chair that is very sturdy and comes with everything you need to assemble it with ease.
Pros & Cons
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFE: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- EASE INTO WORK, OR PLAY: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat glides up and down for the ultimate in customized comfort in the office, or in front of your game!
- SOFT HD OFFICE CHAIR: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working.
- HEAVY DUTY: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give a set of blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- SUPER-LOUNGE RECLINE: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair. Try the Ergo3D and feel the difference it makes to your life.
If you want a more stylish design with the possibility of laying back comfortably, you may want to take a look at this model. The Duramont reclining leather office chair enables you to recline up 155º and has a locking system you can adjust at any angle that feels comfortable.
If you’re reclining the seat to 155º and plan to have a nap, there’s also an adjustable footrest you can pull and flip for added comfort.
The chair is manufactured with durable materials, covered with PU leather, and has a 5-point support base that can withstand up to 250 pounds with no functional problems.
People who bought this chair love that it’s extremely comfortable and looks great. They say it’s worth the money spent and works well as a study chair or as a gaming chair.
However, a few people reported that those with long nails or pets would need to take extra care of the chair because the leather covering is not very thick.
Pros & Cons
- ★ UNIQUE WATERFALL SEAT EDGE - The high back design gives you maximum support for comfort and convenience. The chair has soft padding and a waterfall seat edge for less pressure on the back of your legs so that you can stay comfortable even when you have to sit down for hours. Forget about uncomfortable office chairs that make it impossible to concentrate on your work. The Duramont executive chair was designed to give you uttermost comfort
- ★ FLEXIBLE RECLINING ANGLE WITH RETRACTABLE FOOTREST - You can adjust the office chair any way you need to so that it can accommodate all your comfort needs. The chair has a locking system that will enable you to securely keep the right angle you need to (90 to 155 degrees.) Also, you can pull out the footrest as a recliner for napping and more
- ★ HIGH-END MATERIALS - We make sure that we use the right materials for maximum comfort and style. The chair is made with bonded leather that gives it a unique and elegant style and makes it the perfect addition to any office. The bonded leather also makes the computer chair incredibly durable and comfortable for the best possible experience
- ★ STRONG SOLID CONSTRUCTION - The office chair has a heavy-duty Metal base and nylon rolling casters that make it incredibly easy to move around but also keep you steady when you need to work. The chair can withstand up to 250 pounds for best results and is very easy to assemble and set up
- ★ RISK-FREE PURCHASE - Your satisfaction matters, and this are why we make sure that each chair is flawlessly made just for you. We are confident that you will love our executive chair. Still, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, our products are backed by a 1-year warranty so if anything goes wrong, just let us know
3.CLATINA Mesh Back
If you’re considering a minimalist chair for a shared space such as an office reception or a classroom, this may be a suitable option. It has a fully breathable backrest and ergonomic armrests on each side. It is also very easy to stack and store when the class is over.
This model is not adjustable at all but it comes with an ergonomic design that supports your back and gives you additional comfort. The seat base is breathable and has a high-quality cushion covered with fabric. Customers love that it’s easy to assemble, elegant, and does not take a lot of space.
Pros & Cons
- DURABLE & STURDY: The black durable metal frame keeps the chair reliable with performance, while the line design takes the chair ultimate stable, the maximum capacity is 275 pounds and it holds up to years of use.
- STACK CHAIR: It can be stacked for easy storage, perfect for the office area with people coming and going.
- ERGONOMICS SEAT: Breathable mesh back that allows airflow to keep your back cool, The sitting surface is covered with a high density fabric and it is slope, offering you a soft and comfortable sitting experience.
- EASY TO INSTALL: This guest chair is easy to assemble while save your valuable time and the instruction has straightforward descriptions for your reference.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 5 years warranty and 100% contentment assurance, your satisfaction is our #1 priority, love it or 100% your money back within 90 days.
Kids often suffer from back pain, shoulder pain, and similar symptoms because they fail to adopt a proper sitting posture. This seat is an ergonomic option built especially for them.
The SIDIZ computer seat has a beautiful design that any child would love and includes the minimal functions you would expect to see in any ergonomic study chair.
You can slide the seat according to the size of your child and adjust the height of the seat accordingly. The seat is adjustable for kids of all sizes and body types.
The assembly is also very easy and can be completed within 5 minutes. The suggested use is for children older than 4 years old, weighing up to 300 pounds. People who bought this chair say that it is extremely comfortable not only for kids but also for small adults. Most customers are extremely happy with its design and features and love that it’s so easy to set up.
However, there’s a common complaint about the armrests being too low and the lack of sufficient back support.
Pros & Cons
- ☝️【NUMBER 1 K-EDUCATION CHAIR】 1 out of 4 elementary students uses ringo as a desk chair in South Korea.
- 【ERGONOMICS FOR YOUR GROWING KID】 Experience the growing adjustment feature with Ringo. Ringo is carefully designed for a growing child, helping to have a healthy sitting posture.
- 【4-STEP GROWING CHAIR】 The backrest can be adjusted leaving more seat space. This allows setting the chair in the most comfortable form as your children play, learn, create and grow.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】 Ringo can be assembled quickly and easily. The package comes with a guide including a QR code for intuitive assembly. You will need less than 10 minutes to do so.
- 【30-DAY FREE TRIAL & 3 YEAR WARRANTY】 You may return the chair if it does not fit your kid. We provide worry-free after-sales services. Quality-related issues with a replacement are offered for 3 years after the date of purchase. (Upholstery and foam will be warranted for 1 year)
- 【SUPERB CUSTOMER SERVICE】 If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail. We would love to help as much as we can!
- 【PERFECT GIFT FOR YOUR CHILDREN】 Ringo is the best gift for kids aged 6 to 13 (3.5 ft to 5.3 ft tall) sitting through hours of online learning from home. Having all the support kids need makes Ringo a great partner for your children.
5.Amazon Basics Chair
This is an excellent chair from AmazonBasics, it has a leather-padded seat and back plus a stylish and elegant design. The chair supports up to 275 pounds, has pneumatic seat adjustments, and includes dual-wheel casters for increased mobility and durability.
As an AmazonBasics product, the chair is also covered with a 1-year limited warranty.
Most customers say that this chair is very easy to assemble and although it might be a bit small for taller users, it is still sturdy and extremely comfortable.
Pros & Cons
- Padded mid-back rolling office chair upholstered in durable polyurethane bonded (faux) leather
- Height-adjustable padded seat with adjustable seat angle, tilt control and padded armrests; perfect for home office, computer desk, guest work station or conference room
- 5-legged base with durable casters for smooth-rolling mobility; 275-pound max weight capacity
- Product weighs 26.5 pounds; assembly instructions included
- BIFMA Certified
- Chair measures 24 x 24.2 x 34.8-38.6 inches (LxWxH); seat width 20.1-inches, seat depth 16.5-inches, seat back height 18.7-inches
This is another option if you want a high back chair with wheels and a mesh backrest. It has built-in lumbar support and an adjustable headrest made from nylon.
You can swivel comfortably and adjust many aspects of the Flash Furniture office chair, including the headrest, arms, back tilt, and height. The customer reviews on this product are somewhat mixed but most people say it’s easy to assemble, ergonomic, and comfortable. The most common complaint is about the back support, which is apparently not adequate for people with severe back problems.
Pros & Cons
- High back office chair with wheels
- Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17. Mesh back with built-in lumbar support
- Adjustable headrest for maximum comfort, made with black nylon and a chrome base
- Executive style swivel chair perfect for office and desk
- Product Measurements: Overall Size: 25.5"W x 24"D x 47.5-52.5"H. Seat Size: 20"W x 19"D x 18.75-22.5"H. Back Size: 20"W x 30.5-32"H. Arm Size: 26.5-30.25"H from floor; 7.5"H from the seat
FEATURES TO CONSIDER
If you’re looking for the perfect study chair, there are certain things you may want to consider before buying.
WHAT MAKES A CHAIR ERGONOMIC?
A truly ergonomic chair is one that is highly adjustable, all of us have different body types and the chair should accommodate each one.
You should be able to adjust the chair so that the computer screen is one arm’s length away, you’re sitting straight without slouching and keeping your arms parallel to the floor.
LEVEL OF COMFORT
This is one of the main features because who would want to sit on an uncomfortable chair.
The chair should have a comfortable backrest and seat that allows you to sit without feeling fatigued and tired.
As mentioned above, adjustable components are vital on any ergonomic chair, let’s have a look at some of the most important adjustable features below:
SEAT HEIGHT & ARMS
Seat height is important because you have to adjust the chair to accommodate not only your height but also the height of your desk.
Adjustable arms are also necessary so you can align your elbow and wrist to the height of the keyboard.
SEAT WIDTH & DEPTH
The average width we recommend is 17 to 20 inches wide.
The depth should be enough to sit with your spine against the backrest, leaving two or four inches between the seat border and your knees.
This is one of the most important features.
To ensure the chair you’re looking at includes lumbar support, look for a slight curve just above the seat.
Your ideal ergonomic chair should allow you to make height and depth adjustments on the lumbar support as well.
Being able to tilt the seat is also important, especially because you’re recommended to reposition your body periodically in order to relieve the pressure on your back.
So a truly ergonomic chair should have a seat tilt option and a reliable locking system.
The ideal backrest is should be 12 to 19 inches wide.
It should also pay special attention to the lumbar area and be curved to follow the line of the spinal curve.
Gaming chairs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and there are so many different brands and models to choose from. Before you start looking, you’re going to want to narrow down the selection, so you know exactly what type of chair is best for you.
As a parent, do you feel that your child is not spending sufficient time studying? Maybe you are a working professional who requires you to spend long hours at the desk. But you are unable to do so.
The best chair for studying is the one that comes made from the best material. Depending on the kind of material it is made, you know that it is going to last years. The appearance of the chair, the comfort level, and the durability depend on the material used to make it.
Though plastic is a preferred material by students, as they are young and like a lightweight chair, you need to understand that it will not last even a few years. So, you can consider using chairs that are made of leather or stainless steel.
Though the pricing is higher than plastic, it is worth it. The first reason being, you can use the chair for 10 years at least. Secondly, as you grow older, your back and neck region may give if you use poorly quality chairs.
When you have budget constraints, then you can go for chairs that come made from stainless steel and not leather. Few chairs even come for $100 that are low priced but will have most of the features that you are looking for in a good quality chair for studying.
The back support is one of the most crucial components of a study chair. Since your primary purpose is studying, you need to consider a chair that comes with adequate back and lumbar support.
You need to be able to recline to your back and work for long hours. The chairs that we have mentioned in the list can recline to 130-degrees. Hence, you need to make sure that the chair can recline to that kind of position when you want to sit and study.
The tilt-lock mechanism is also crucial for your posture. The lumbar support also needs to be verified on the product. A piece of right study furniture can provide you with these features and comfort factors.
The best way to do that would be to sit on a chair and notice the ability to absorb your contours. Not to mention, it should be able to support your lower back adequately so that you do not slump.
The seat cushion is another factor that you need to notice about the ideal study chair. The cushion of the chair should provide you with just the right amount of grip when you sit on it. The seat should not go too in or be too firm.
In a sense, it should not sink when you are seated. When that is the case, then you may find it hard to get up. Likewise, when the seat is too firm, you will find it challenging to sit for long hours. The depth of the chair is another thing to know.
This is needed if you are an average or short person. A seat that comes with shallower depth enables you to sit comfortably and does not harm your knees or legs. At the same time, when you are tall and heavy, chairs having deep depths are suitable.
They accommodate people who are broad and give space to your waist. Finally, study chairs with waterfall design are most suitable for your tasks. They enable you to decrease the stress and pressure that is on your legs and hips area.
Armrests adjustable feature there:-
As a student or working individual, you would prefer to sit on a chair for long periods of time. Hence, you need a chair that has armrests. You can find a studying chair that comes without it, but you do not want to go with them.
Armrest enables you to place your arms and provide comfort to your wrists. The armrest comes in different shapes and styles. You can choose them according to your taste and preference. They come made of wood, plastic, pad, and metallic.
Almost all chairs come with padded armrests. Not to mention, they must come adjustable. You do not want armrests that cannot be adjusted, or you may find it slightly annoying when sitting upright.
This helps you to give adequate support to your elbows and arms when you are during those long sessions of studying or reading books. Not to mention, you can also be a programmer deeply engrossed in how to find a solution for your programs.
The base of the study chair:-
Lastly, the wheelbase of the study chair needs to be seen. Like other components of a study chair, the wheelbase is also a vital part. The chairs come made from plastic or steel wheelbase. Apart from that, see that it comes with a swivel base so that you can move around freely on the wheelbase, without having to get up at home or in your office.
You can choose rollerblades that are the right solution for your study requirements. So, depending on the flooring, you may want to select the base. That is because wooden floors can get damaged with massive study chairs.
If the answer is yes, you need to choose a study chair to help you concentrate and do your studies or job at hand. Many parents or working professionals do not realize this.
But, unless the posture is right and correct, your child or your spinal cord will take a beating in the years to come.
The position that you are sitting in decides many things, apart from your concentration. When you cannot concentrate on your studies or work, then how do you expect to sit for long hours. This is when choosing the best study environment is possible by using study chairs.
Using the study chairs helps in immense focus on the work at hand and improves your posture. Luckily for you, there are several hundred chairs for your liking. However, choosing the right kind of chair for your child or yourself can put you into a dilemma.
(Q) What makes a chair ergonomic?
The best chair for studying is a chair that comes with powerful ergonomic features like proper lumbar support, a smooth swivel base, adjustable backrest and neck support, adjustable armrests, and an adjustable seat pad.
For some users, these might seem fashionable. But they are not so. Unless a chair has these features embedded in them, you may not be able to sit for long hours and study or work comfortably, without feeling stress or discomfort on your body.
(Q) How to buy a study chair?
Like we have mentioned above, there are a few factors that need to be considered before purchasing. Once you have found them, you can go ahead and buy the study chair. That enables you to understand some of the most crucial features that are required in a study chair.
The study chairs that we have listed in the post are worthy candidates for your home or office. Some of them can even be considered for gaming purposes. If you are somebody looking for an all-purpose chair, then you can review them too.
(Q) Is a gaming chair ideal for studying?
The gaming chair is ideal and most suitable for studying. That is because it comes with adequate support for the back and thigh regions. These areas of the body need the most amount of support because you need to be in an upright position when compared to using a PC or laptop.
Studying is different from doing a programming task because you need to be an upright posture. However, you need to make sure that the gaming chair comes with sufficient padding on the seat, adequate lumbar support, and adjustable armrests.
This ensures that you will not have back pain after prolonged sitting.
(Q) Can you use a gaming chair for sitting for long hours?
The gaming chairs can be used for sitting for long hours because that is their primary purpose. Some of the gaming chairs like the DXRacer Formula Series gaming chair are a good option if you are looking for a chair to study.
The gaming chairs come with adequate support for the lower back and ergonomic design. It is ideal for students and professors who require chairs for long hours of sitting and discussion. Perhaps, a tour around your university library can shed more light on the kind of study chairs used there.
(Q) Are study chairs healthy to sit for extended hours?
A study chair or gaming chair is healthy because it does not harm your back, neck, and shoulder regions. These parts are most affected during long hours of sitting. When you study, your hands need to hold the book or digital device that you intend to use.
Hence, the adjustable armrest is a must, with padding. You can also see that the seat cushion is comfortable, and the backrest comes with mesh design. Mesh design can be firm and uncomfortable for some users, but according to medical experts, that is the best solution.
Hence, we have done the work for you by going through the best chair for studying. As you read, through the post, you will understand some of the top chairs for studying and learn more about their features.
This way, you can get rid of the constant pain in the back or prevent your child from becoming stressed due to it. The best study chair must enable your child or you to sit for long hours and protect your back, neck, and shoulder area from injury or damage.
As a student, you tend to spend 8-9 hours on your studies. With the competition increasing each year, it is crucial that you put in more hours on your desk. The only way to do that is to have a comfortable study chair.
Hence, using a chair that is comfortable and inspires you to study is vital. The study chairs that we have provided in the above post are good options. These chairs offer you the right kind of support that you need for your back and arms.
Since your arms to are involved consistently here. The pain at the shoulder and neck is also significantly reduced. Of course, you can recline a few minutes to relax and gather your thoughts. Unless you are seated on the right kind of chair, how can you expect to sit and study for hours?
Since you now know what to do, you might want to go ahead and get that study chair that you have been wanting.
What are the most comfortable office chairs? This is a question that we get asked and it can often be difficult to answer. Some people find different features and designs to be more comfortable than others. The application that the chair is being used for will often be important in dictating which chairs will be most comfortable. We asked ourselves how we could come up with a way to measure certain aspects of chair comfort that could be subjective based on the person using the chair.
The best way that we could come up with was to get feedback from our entire staff so that we could get the opinions of many, instead of one. We recently brought in and tested over 20 different office chairs. We used our staff to come up with the scores for three different comfort categories: seat comfort, arm comfort and back support. We then averaged the scores to come up with the final number for each category. The chairs featured on this list are the chairs that did the best in our office wide comfort tests.
Best Desk Chair for College Student – Having a good desk setup is crucial, as it’s where you spend so much of your time. If you work from home, if you’re a student, if you have an office or a creative studio, all of the work happens at a desk. Plus, this work naturally involves a lot of sitting, so getting a desk chair for college that is comfortable, but is still stylish is important! (
And if you haven’t considered upgrading the standard-issue chair that came with your dorm room, I recommend you do it and regulate that standard chair to “occasional seating for guests”!)
Like it or not, you will end up spending a lot of time sitting in college. Whether you’re studying, typing an essay, or binge-watching shows on Netflix, you’re going to need a comfortable chair to support your lifestyle (no pun intended). Finding a good chair isn’t only a matter of comfort. The chair you sit in can actually support your health by improving your posture and helping you avoid spinal issues.