Best Dining Chair for Heavy Person – Nobody really cares about the weight limit of their dining chairs until one of them collapses under their weight in a room full of people. Get yourself a couple of solid plus size dining chairs if you never want to repeat that embarrassing history ever again.
The key to ensuring a quality purchase is to consider the chair material more than anything. Metal and hardwood provide unparalleled durability but many contemporary high weight capacity chairs are made from resins too.
The heavier the material, the more it will cost but the longer it will last too. Keeping that in mind, I have rounded up and reviewed 10 best dining chairs for heavy person that are well-equipped to support up to 1000 lbs. of body weight.
That brings us to the end of this comprehensive guide to the best dining chairs for heavy person. I know how awkward it feels when you go to a party and are forced to sit on a flimsy chair that can make you the butt of jokes for the rest of the evening.
It’s only if you need heavier, plus size chairs to support your weight. You don’t have to be skinny just to be able to sit comfortably while enjoying a nice meal with your friends and family.
So go get yourself a great oversized dining chair that pairs up beautifully with your dining table and enjoy your meals the way they are meant to be enjoyed.
1.Flash Furniture Hercules
You can never go wrong with sleek and tough-as-nails black chairs. They go with every kitchen setting. My personal experience with Flash Furniture chairs has always been beyond expectations.
These Hercules series chairs are crafted from ultra-durable 18 gauge anodized steel which makes it perfectly capable of supporting up to 500 lbs. For extra-strong joints, the metal frame has been welded to perfection instead of being joined by some screws which could come loose at any moment.
Its ladder style back adds a touch of sophistication to the dining area and is a breeze to keep clean too.
The legs are also all metal and they come with solid plastic stoppers to make them glide easily and keep the chairs from squeaking and scratching your floor. The dimensions of the seats are 16.75” W x 16.5”D x 19.5” H which is adequate to ensure comfortable seating for very large adults like me.
Its 2.5” thickly padded foam seat provides a cozy and luxurious seating experience. I loved the fact that the only assembly work you need is installing the seat which shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
My only issue is with the quality of the screws included in the box. They are not as sturdy as I would have liked.
Pros & Cons
- Indoor-Outdoor Chair: Lightweight UV stabilized commercial folding chairs provide on-demand seating solutions; foldable stack chairs are a smart investment for business and home usage
- Storage Capabilities: stacks for easy storage, transport, post-event cleanup, or routine floor maintenance
- Rental Grade: Washable removable vinyl seats are replaceable to keep chairs in new condition; polypropylene resin frame is the same color throughout; no need to repaint if nicked or scratched
- No Assembly Required: ready to use for stress-free events and group sessions
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS: Overall Size: 17.5"W x 18"D x 30.75"H; Seat Size: 15.5"W x 13.75"D x 18.5"H; Back Size: 17.5"W x 15"H; Folded Size: 17.5"W x 2.25"D x 35"H
Available in ladder back and X back styles, these aesthetically-pleasing chairs have a rugged metal frame with welded joint construction for extra durability. The best part about these chairs is that they come fully assembled so they are ready to pair up with your dining table right out of the box.
Besides, they come with hardwood seats along with bold-colored, shiny metal frames that create a strikingly contrasting look and depth in any setting.
The metal legs are dog-chew resistant and even with little to no care, these chairs could survive heavy abuse, these chairs can last you a lifetime. These seats are wider than what I have seen on most plus size chairs, so if you happen to a little on the chubbier sad, you will love it. Although the seats are comfortable on their own, you can add padded cushions for extra comfort if needed.
The overall dimensions of these big and tall dining chairs are 16.3” (W) x 16.3” (L) x 31.1” (H), which is just about right to ensure a cozy seating experience for large, overweight people.
No doubt the chairs are super heavy but the non-slip foot pads make them easy to glide across the room without breaking a sweat, plus they protect the floor from scratching too. The only downside is that without a cushion, it’s not comfortable to sit on the wooden seat for a long time.
Pros & Cons
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED -- When you receive it, it’s a complete chair, don't need to spend extra time and effort to assemble it, just wipe it with a damp cloth and use it directly.
- DURABLE and GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED-- This dining chair set is greenguard certified, providing a safe life for you and your family. High-quality vinyl Seat and Backrest are smooth and wear-resistant; Metal Frame is anti-rust, keeps stable and sturdy.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN -- The thick and soft cushions ensure comfort and very suitable for sitting for a long time; The curved backrest design, can relax your back very well.
- MULTIPLE SCENES -- Can be placed in the small apartment, breakfast nook, home kitchen, dining room, bedroom, living room, etc. Also, it can be placed in public places, such as restaurants, coffee shop, bars, pub, bistro, art gallery etc.
- SPECIFICATION -- Overall size: 15in(L) x 17.5in(W) x 34in(H), Seat height: 18in; Weight(1-pack): 25 lbs, Weight capacity: 400 lbs.
3.Merax Dining Chair
Looking for a minimalistic neutral-colored dining chair to spruce up your dining space? Something that has enough width and sturdiness to accommodate the extra pounds and girth you’ve put on lately? Think Merax dining chairs.
Available in beige and grey color, the stylish semi-assembled chairs would be a fun addition in your living room or office space as well. I find the camaraderie of espresso-dark chestnut wood legs and neutral-colored linen-textured upholstery very easy on the eyes.
The wooden frame provides plenty of support without creaking even once. Not to mention that small fully padded armrests that make unwinding after a long day at work such a bliss. The armrests will also help you get up quickly after sitting down for a long time.
Another standout is the polished copper nail head trims that run along the perimeter of the chair adds a retro touch to the decor. While I do feel the chairs could use taller seats since I am 6’2”, 19.5” seat height is adequate to pair up with standard dining chairs.
Large, overweight people would love the 22” width of these seats. The only major letdown is the quality of the padding. It doesn’t seem to handle the huge pressure that well. So if you tend to go rough on your chairs, these might not the best option for you out there.
Pros & Cons
- 【Comfortable & Elegant polished nail head trim runs throughout the perimeter of the chair Adding a refined touch, while the deep CUSHIONED seat is filled with double cushioned foam with Spring reinforcement for a soft, slight rebound when seated to eliminate Cushion deflation and sagging.
- 【Durable & sturdy dining chairs are Designed with heavy-duty hardwood frame for optimum support.Solid and durable.You can use the dining chairs for a very long time.
- 【Elegant & classic】these Eye catching color contrast between the velvety soft linen textured upholstery and the smoothed Chestnut legs creates the perfect neutral color scheme that allows the emery chair Set to beautifully blend into any space.Sold as a Set of 2 - Elegant, classic upholstered leisure chairs. Plastic seating cushion for extended comfort. Overall Dimension: 22.5”L x 19.75”W x 36.5”H.
- 【Easy to assemble】available in a two piece Set, These modern dining chairs introduce a simple elegance to your dining décor. Assembly is required and tools are included for your convenience. Its beauty Is further enhanced by a regal cut-out design.
- 【Satisfactory after sales service】we are committed to brand and Quality. Any issues please feel free to Contact us at the first time. We will try best to solve for you well (replace or refund unconditionally).
Finding a vanity chair that won’t crumble under the bodyweight of an overweight person isn’t easy. That’s why the next entry on this list of the best dining chairs for a heavy person is a really special one.
These premium King Louis Chairs with their intricately carved edges and muted color scheme can be a good conversation starter. They aren’t just pretty to look at but comfortable to sit on too.
The solid resin construction coupled with thick vinyl padded seat and backrest will let you enjoy your meal in peace. I am quite impressed by the quality of the padding material as well. You can sit on this chair for as long as you want without worrying about the metal bar digging into your legs.
900 lbs is a massive weight capacity and quite rare for a vanity chair like this. Both taupe and white vinyl color tones can help you create an elegant mix of modern and retro decor wherever you decide to put these chairs in.
To top it all off, the upholstery fabric is stain-resistant and can be cleaned with one quick swipe of a washcloth. The seat is removable as well, so getting stubborn debris out won’t be a problem either.
Now, coming to the not-so-amazing parts, I feel permanently attached seats would have better. It can move around when you get up which is a bit awkward. Also, people with really large butts might not find the seat wide enough.
Pros & Cons
- Get the most out of our work or creative space with a tall office chair to accommodate different table heights. This adjustable drafting chair with arms will keep you at a comfortable height to power through your workday and meet your deadlines.
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] Transparent black mesh back and seat, mid-back design, flip-up padded arms
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment, 2-to-1 locking synchro tilt adjustment, tilt tension adjustment knob, waterfall seat
- Heavy duty 5 star nylon base with dual wheel casters, integrated chrome foot ring
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS: Overall Size: 25"W x 23"D x 42.5-50"H; Seat Size: 19.25"W x 19"D x 24.5-32"H; Back Size: 18.25"W x 21"H; Arm Size: 31-38.5"H from floor; 6.75"H from seat
From the striking cut out pattern to the curved shape and small footprint, everything about this chair screams of brilliance. The absence of padded seats might make you question the comfort but guess what? The chairs excel in this area too.
Sculpted from heavy gauge stainless steel with chrome finish, these swanky tree chairs can be used for adding a nice contrast and personality to small kitchens and office spaces. These chairs are easily stackable as well for fuss-free storage and lightweight enough to for easy transportation.
The assembly work is next to nothing. You just have to attach the legs and the chairs will be ready. The whole process shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes. You can spill an entire cup of coffee or glass of wine on it without worrying about staining.
One clean swipe with a soft scrub and poof! The mess is gone. I loved how wide the seats actually are, exactly how a heavy-duty kitchen chair for heavy people should be like. Even the tallest and heaviest people you know can sit on these chairs comfortably.
The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that you will have to tighten the screws from time to time or they would just pop off eventually.
Pros & Cons
- ✅RATED #1 BY YOUR AMAZON PEERS: With it's surprisingly sturdy (330lb capacity) ABS Ergoflex plastic, and 17.8” ideal seat height, of course UrbanMod's is rated the most comfortable dining chair! And because it’s also the easiest to assemble, it makes perfect sense that it's the top rated modern style chair on Amazon!
- ✅RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Forget about chairs that take hours to put together. Because we understand people and furniture, we’ve pre-assembled it for you. All you need to do is finish it off with 4 screws, and relax! And unlike chairs made from PP, we’ve built the shell with an Ezywipe finish. It's a ‘One Wipe Wonder’ - no harsh cleaners or scrubbing!
- ✅SURPRISINGLY COMFY AND STURDY, as reported by customers. But of course, we’re not surprised, we designed it that way! It’s crafted from our unique ABS Ergoflex plastic (a thicker flexible plastic). This gives you optimized support, without rigidity! And unlike other modern chairs, this chair holds the max weight of 330lbs and sits at the perfect height of 17.8”.
- ✅AMAZING ROOM ENHANCER: Naturally, you’re proud of your home, so of course, you must have quality dining chairs that are pleasing on the eye. With it’s clean lines, and 'classic black’ hardware this versatile Mid Century Modern chair will not just conform to your décor, but will enhance it, and bring space with it’s clean lines, and iconic charm.
- ✅WE’LL MATCH OUR 5-STAR RATING WITH AN INCREDIBLE 5-STAR GUARANTEE: Take your set home and enjoy the style, comfort, sturdiness and ease you were looking for or we’ll refund every cent! LIFETIME WARRANTY: We cover all replacement parts for the life of your chairs. Obviously, UrbanMod is the preferred choice for Mid Century Modern chairs, so if you’re ready to get comfortable in style – you’re ready to buy now.
6.Dporticus Solid Wood
The no-frills classic design of these chairs can be used for adding black accents to your dining area, study room decor, or even in commercial settings like a bar or quaint cafe.
The height of the chair from the floor top the top of the seats are 17 ⅜” so they are good for average height people. If you are on the hunt for taller chairs, sadly, these ones won’t cut it.
Apart from this one little bummer, the chairs are a real bargain, thanks to the ultra-robust firmly welded metal frame and wooden seats. I especially love the luxe finish on the solid wood.
It gives the chairs appear way costlier than they actually are. You might want to add a cushion on top of the seat to boost your comfort since sitting on hardwood for too long can hurt your butt. For such high-quality, assuredly durable chairs, the chairs are fairly priced quite fairly.
Pros & Cons
- 【Material】Made of solid wood and metal legs, each chair holds up to 450lbs.
- 【Design】Designed with ergonomically back offer maximum comfort and curved bar provides extra support.
- 【Features】The chairs are perfect addition to dining room, kitchen or any restaurants, bistros or cafe etc.
- 【Antirust】Beautifully powder coated anti-rust metal back and legs provide excellent stability, legs with feet caps anti floor scratching.
- 【Size】Dimension: 16.5” x15.9”x 31.5” .Welded joint assembly, no assembly required, stackable design for saving space for you.
Finding the Most Comfortable Dining Chair for Plus Size People – A Short Guide
As you can already see, there’s no dearth of great dining chairs for big and heavy individuals. The only real challenge is to find a chair that feels comfortable, both to your body and wallet.
In the guide below, I’ve outlined key aspects of heavy-duty dining chairs to steer you in the right direction-
This is unarguably the first thing you need to check out while shopping for a heavy-duty dining chair. The frame of the chair should be able to support 400-500lbs of load at the very least.
More robust models are rated for 600-800lbs while the more premium models can safely handle up to 1000lbs.
A typical dining chair can hold anywhere between 200-250lbs. If you are on the heavier side, you should avoid such chairs like plague.
Choose a dining chair that can carry at least 50lbs more than your current body weight to be on the safe side.
It might not be apparent but the backrest of dining chairs has to support a significant percentage of your body weight as you lean back.
Therefore, the load capacity of the chair’s backrest matters just as much as that of the seat. While you’re at it, also pay attention to the shape and height of the chair back.
Too much curve on the chair backrest can hurt your shoulder blades. Look for a dining chair with a gentle curve to maximize your seating comfort. For dining chairs, in particular, the backrest height should be 20-22” above the seat with a slant of up to 5° to relieve pressure off your back.
Sitting on a non-padded dining chair for over 15 minutes takes away my ability to feel my butts.
I’m sure most plus-size people will relate to this. The best heavy-duty dining chairs money can buy come with firm padding. Don’t waste your time on chairs with soft, squishy cushions that dig into your skin.
They are not meant to support heavy weight and are just plain uncomfortable. Ideally, the seat cushion should have the perfect balance of softness and fitness to elevate your seating comfort.
Selecting the best dining chair frame material is another key to ensure long-term durability. After all, the quality of the material directly influences the weight capacity of a chair. Hardwood chairs would be a classic addition to your dining space and the material can infallibly withstand years of rough use.
However, budget wooden chairs are often weaker around the joints, making them unsafe for overweight people. Chairs frames sculpted from 18 gauge steel can support up to 1000lbs. Solid metal legs hold up really well over time.
To bottom line, if you like the look of wood, invest in a high-quality hardwood chair. Otherwise, direct your attention to chairs made of heavy gauge steel.
Armrest or No Armrest
Armrests aren’t essential for dining chairs since you can rest your elbows on the table. If the space between the armrests isn’t wide enough for your build, you’re going to feel terribly uncomfortable after a certain point.
So, unless the space between the armrests is sufficient for you, pick a chair that doesn’t have them.
I hope you love the products I’ve recommended below, just a heads up that as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may earn commissions on products bought via links on this page.
Kitchen and dining room chairs for tall people are among the hardest types of chairs you can find as a tall person. With most standard size chairs having seat heights between 16″ to 18″ maximum, it can be difficult to get the legs to fit comfortably.
If you have already bought a tall dining room table, it makes sense to buy height appropriate chairs to suit. There’s no point having a table with a height of 36 inches if your chairs sit as low as 16 inches. It just doesn’t make sense.
The problem is that there is not much in the way of extra tall kitchen chairs available without getting them custom made.
The chairs listed below have been sorted into two categories, Wooden Kitchen chairs, and dining room chairs. All of the chairs have taller seat heights between 18″ and 20″. While this is still not ideal for some taller folks, there is not much else available unless you opt for bar stools for tall people with seat heights as tall as 35-inches.
Dining Chairs are a fundamental part of any modern home. Not only does a dining chair provide comfortable seating, but it also helps uplift the charisma and define the personality of your dining space. Attractive, aesthetically pleasing chairs are, without a doubt, a head-turner. A dining chair is the part of your dining space that you will be the most in touch with; so, it is essential to buy a good quality, sturdy chair set that offers no compromise on comfort. However, the problem most people face is that due to the large variety of products available in the market today, it has become tough to select the right one for oneself. Therefore, after extensive research and review, we have compiled this list of the Best Modern Dining Chairs out there for you to easily choose your next buy.
The Dining Chairs we have reviewed are the best out there, providing the user with a comfortable and relaxing experience. The timeless yet appealing design of these chairs bodes any indoor décor well. Not only do these chairs offer a seating experience, but they also help make the indoor of the house more appealing and beautiful. These beautiful and comfortable dining chairs are guaranteed to uplift your dining space’s atmosphere. We recommend you go through our guide and read the products listed above thoroughly before making your decision. We hope that the guide will help you choose the right chair for yourself, one that provides a comfortable experience without compromising durability and convenience.
While weight and packability aren’t as important for camping chairs as they are for backpacking chairs, it’s still good to consider these specs for storage and portability. If you’ve got the space in your car and won’t be carrying your camping chair very far, comfort is king. If you’re tight on space or need to be more mobile for festivals and trips to the beach, choose a portable chair that’s easy to shoulder without weighing you down.
Many of us spend long hours in front of the computer every day. In fact, a report showed that 56% of Singaporeans spend more than 6 hours on average sitting in our chairs. That’s more than one quarter of our lives! However, it’s really understandable if you think of all the amazing things that you can do simply with a computer and internet connection. Yet, we should take care of ourselves, and a very important part of good health is the posture we find ourselves sitting in. The best office chairs are the one that offer both comfort and spinal support. Look for one that allows you to sit through long workdays without discomfort, that can be adjusted in different ways to adapt to your body, and most importantly, that can last you through the years.
At SingaporeHomeFurniture, we have curated a collection of heavy duty office chair ideal for both office workers and students alike. Experience what it means to go through an entire day of sitting without so much as a body ache. That’s what our heavy duty office chair can do for you.
Dining chairs aren’t the typical first-apartment purchase. You wouldn’t live without a mattress (you need to sleep!) or a sofa (where else would you slurp instant ramen while watching The Bachelorette?), but dining room furniture never feels as essential. That is unless you want to host people for brunch—or just eat at an actual table every once in a while. Come to think of it, investing in dining chairs is crucial.
Now for the fun part: It’s time to play Goldilocks and choose the perfect set for you. While the best get-togethers start with a killer playlist and free-flowing wine, comfortable chairs that invite guests to linger long after dessert, when the plates are left with nothing but a few crumbs, are the unsung heroes of any dinner party. Aesthetics, of course, has its own role to play.
Pro Tips for Styling the Best Dining Chairs
- It’s important to think about how you’ll occupy a dining space. “Are you more into long dinner parties and therefore need pure comfort with your choice of chair, or is space a strong concern, so you need a streamlined chair?” poses Whitehead.
- For a more casual dining environment, play with the height of your chair—a taller back lends itself to a traditional vibe, whereas a shorter frame can feel more modern. Or simply add in a bench or stool.
- Sometimes vintage is best. For a Washington, D.C., home, Feldman found Biedermeier chairs. “They offer a modern silhouette, while the curvature of the patterned wood creates tension against the stark lines of the wallpaper,” she says. “Sculptural occasional chairs have the ability to stand alone and be anchored to the space without a table.”
- Naber’s biggest tip: Avoid being too matchy-matchy. “I like combining materials and allowing contrast to happen,” she shares. “If you have a black dining table, try pairing it with a lighter wood or vice versa. Also think about other materials, not just wood.”
< id="h-q-how-much-space-should-be-between-dining-chairs">Q: How much space should be between dining chairs?
Baker suggests leaving at least 4 inches between chairs to prevent guests from feeling like they’re on top of one another. A general rule of thumb, according to Naber, is 24 inches per chair: “If the chair itself is wider, then you’ll need to accommodate for more space.” You can fudge that calculation a bit more in high-traffic areas that call for space-saving measures. For example, consider backless stools—which are usually narrower than traditional dining chairs. More specifically, Baker will reserve about 4 inches between each chair to prevent people from feeling cramped.
< id="h-q-how-do-i-clean-and-properly-maintain-my-dining-chairs">Q: How do I clean and properly maintain my dining chairs?
This depends on the material or upholstery you choose. For instance, cane can be brittle, making it susceptible to tears and fading, so try to keep it out of direct sunlight and moisturize it every now and then with a water-and-oil mixture (just be careful not to oversaturate it!). Wood and metal can always be easily wiped down after spills, but a cushion is more likely to stain, so stick to performance fabrics if you have kids or a penchant for hosting family and friends.
< id="h-q-how-many-dining-chairs-should-i-have">Q: How many dining chairs should I have?
The number of seats is largely dependent on the length or diameter of your table, whether it’s round or rectangular. “Generally someone selling a table will tell you how many chairs it can accommodate, but all chairs have different widths—many are in the range of about 20 to 26 inches,” points out Baker. In other words, 45 to 60 inches should allow you to sit anywhere from four to six people, designers reveal, but your chair count ultimately boils down to common sense: After all, you can fit more skinny, armless chairs than large armchairs in any space.
Finding the perfect set of seats for your dining table, kitchen corner, or breakfast nook is no simple task—should you opt for a classic wood look or a comfier upholstered frame? Do you want something lush like velvet or a top-notch performance fabric that’s a breeze to wipe up pasta sauce or wine spills? So we found a few of our favorite dining table chairs and asked the designers who sourced them why they were the ideal fit for that space.
Best Dining Chair for Heavy Person – Are you big and tall? Perhaps a bit on the heavier side? If so, then you know how challenging it can be to find furniture robust enough to properly support you.
The big, well-established brands don’t make things any easier because, for the most part, they focus on making furniture for the masses, which typically means furniture capable of supporting people between 250-300 pounds. That’s great for them, but not so great if you happen to be heavier, and that holds true whether you’re looking for a rocking chair or dining room furniture.
The good news is that while the big brands may have largely steered clear of making furniture that’s actually useful to you, a variety of smaller, less well-known brands have stepped up to the plate to serve this segment of the market.
Get away from the flimsy dining chairs, and get yourself one of these gorgeous heavy duty dining room chairs. In a variety of styles, colors and materials, you will want to pick a different dining table to match this lovely seating. Wood or steel, padded or not, there is a perfect heavy duty dining room chair set for you. Take a look at the collection and pick out a set for yourself.