Best Easy Chair for Back Pain – When it comes to the best chair for back pain, everyone is suffering from it nowadays; it has become so common. Not just the older people, but also the young people are facing this problem because of excessive work, poor posture, and uncomfortable chairs.
These are the best chairs for back pain sufferers and also for offices and bedrooms. People need to get the right chair for a long-duration working environment.
Are you experiencing back pain and looking for a comfortable living room chair that will help ease the pain? Look no further!
In this post, we will discuss the best living room chairs for back pain. We will also provide tips on how to choose the perfect chair for your needs. So, whether you are suffering from occasional or chronic back pain, keep reading for some helpful advice.
Correct posture is very important to keep your back healthy and stable, so you should get the best chair for back pain relief, first. It is also very important to take a break from sitting, and that is not possible in a busy environment or day. But with the best recliner for back pain sufferers, it is easy to relax in the middle of the day in an office or living room.
Christopher Knight Amazing Home Medford Classic Arm Chair. If you have been looking for the club chair that suitably matches your home interior designing, then this chair is the best option for you.
This chair has been accompanied by the rolling effect of the legs along with the leather, which is greatly tufted.
We are sure that once you are sitting on it, you will be finding yourself comfortable and easy to use it for long hours. You can even use it for home and office purposes.
This chair has been all the more boasted with the vintage form of elements along with the common use of over toning on it.
It is space-saving, which makes it best for your home. It has incredible designing, comfortable to use, and is reasonable in price.
Pros & Cons
- Includes: One (1) white and blue floral pattern button tufted armed club chair
- Bring this modern classic chair to your bedroom or living Room
- It's button tufts and nail head accents along it's arms make this the perfect accent piece
- This club chair features soft fabric, tufted back and a studded base.
- Dimensions: 29.50"D x 28.00"W x 33.50"H
2.Esright Massage Recliner
This has been one of the top most leading chairs in the market, which has been entirely used when it comes to watching TV. It is probably because this chair has been attached with fantastic features that make it versatile to use.
It has been suitably supported with so many outstanding applications as well, which makes it worth using all the time.
This product has been put together with superior comfort and offers ultimate back pain relief.
In case if you are suffering from the issues of back pain, then choosing this best living room recliner for back pain relief. Hence, all in all, we will be mentioning this chair to be one of the best chairs in the living room for your home improvement.
Pros & Cons
- 【5 Relaxing Function】Relax in this wonderful recliner chair with vibrating, reclining, heating, 360° swivel, rocking features. Massage way is vibration.
- 【Thick Padded, Double Comfort】Soft and sturdy composite material design suitable for intensive use, padded with extra thick sponge for back cushion and armrest.
- 【Elegant and Friendly Design】2 cup holders and extra storage bags to rest your drinks and hold magazines, good for taking a rest or watching TV, reading on bedroom, living room.
- 【Manual Control Massage Recliner】This upholstered recliner has 140° manual control recline feature, come with remote controller and power cord for massaging function, 5 control modes and 2 intensity levels.
- 【Easy Assembly and Good Customer Service】You will get 1 chair in 2 boxes, and it's very easy assembly, all parts and instruction included, no screw needed. Professional Customer Service & Technical Support. Contact us freely if have any question.
- 【Extra Notice】Footrest may be not easy to latch down during use. We recommend you sit straight a little bit and use your full strength on foot heel to close the footrest. You will hear a click then. We recommend people height around 5'1"-5'9"
3.Herman Miller Mirra
If you work long hours at a desk every day, it’s worth investing in an ergonomic chair for back pain that will support your body properly, and our top recommendation is the Herman Miller Mirra 2. Yes, it’s expensive. But as you’d expect from a Herman Miller chair, it’s fantastically comfortable and looks stunning too. And it provides the best back support we’ve experienced.
The butterfly-shaped backrest responds effortlessly to your movements, making your spine feel cradled and supported, and preventing you from slumping or slouching. We also found that this chair comfortably holds you with knees slightly lower that hips, while your feet are flat on the ground – a key requirement ot sit properly on a chair straight from the UK’s National Health Service (for more on that, scroll to the bottom of this page).
The mesh is lovely and breathable, so you can stay cool on warm days. The chair offers excellent lumbar support, which can be adjusted for height (many of the cheaper chairs in our list include lumbar support but that isn’t adjustable) and the arms are fully adjustable too. The seat cushion distributes your weight beautifully, and it also takes the largest maximum load (159kg / 350lbs) of all the chairs on this list.
In short, this is the best ergonomic office chair that money can buy, bar none. For more Herman Miller options, see our dedicated guide to the best Herman Miller chairs and our Herman Miller Mirra 2 vs Aeron showdown.
Pros & Cons
4.SIHOO Ergonomic Mesh
Concerned about your back but don’t have enough funds for the first chair on our list? Here’s the best quality office chair for back pain at an affordable price. This stylish chair looks the part for office use and it compares favourably with many pricier models in terms of functionality as well as looks. After using it for a few days, we think the highlights here are the mesh back, which is breathable, and the good level of lumbar support that comes with it. This, as detailed at the bottom of this page, has been identified by professional physiotherapists as an essential criteria for judging a chair to be beneficial for alleviating back pain.
It’s also super adjustable: you can tweak the back support, headrest, armrests, height and tilt of the chair. You can’t adjust the seat depth, but the features that are adjustable do at least let you make most of the adjustments that health experts recommend, for example allowing you to adjust chair height so your knees are slightly lower than your hips. This adds up to excellent lower back support for office chair users and at a price point much lower than its features would suggest.
The level of finish is quite evidently not up to the standard of more expensive designer chairs, which is unavoidable at the price. But in general, it not only looks the part but provides an excellent level of comfort and protection given the reasonable price.
Pros & Cons
- ★ 【Features】Adjustable head restraint allows the neck to lean easily and comfortably, adjustable lumbar support bracket for free adjustment of height depth, 3D adjustable armrest for different office applications, 90°-120° arbitrary backrest adjustment for multiple work positions, any switch 10cm lift, 360 ° Freedom to rotate freely 3D handrail.
- ★ 【Ergonomic design】SIHOO is recommended by Ergonomics Application Association. SIHOO's ergonomic design is based on the human body dynamic digital model. The ridge backrest and the human spine are exactly the same. The close fitting helps release the spinal pressure. The flow waterfall arc seating design Thigh support is comfortable, SIHOO will make you more comfortable
- ★ 【Material】The aluminium base is steady and durable,having good bearing quality. The silent castors move freely without noise. Double-back-frame design is steady and durable.
- ★ 【Design】SIHOO is the crystallization of the common wisdom of many professionals in human body, physiologist, product designer, mechanical engineer，does its best to make every step comfortable and safe for every customer. Every small part has strict safety quality testing. Cushion impact test, handrail fatigue test, chair foot static pressure test, in line with the strict standards of office chairs.
- ★ 【warranty】Product warranty period is one year. If there is any quality problem, please contact us. After confirming, we will change the accessory for you. We promise to provide you with zero profit product accessories within three years of the warranty period.
5.Herman Miller Sayl
Whether you’re talking about style, craftsmanship or functionality, Herman Miller chairs are pretty difficult to beat. We’ve already featured one at the top of our list of the best ergonomic office chairs, but if the Mirra 2 is a little too expensive, or perhaps you prefer a more compact style, then the Herman Miller Sayl could be a very attractive option. It’s a bit cheaper, but it still has a sharp design and great ergonomic features.
The first thing that we noticed when we took it out of the box was that it has fewer parts than its sibling, but the vented elastomer backrest, made with strands that vary in thickness and tension, provide an excellent balance between support and comfort, not to mention great air circulation. You can adjust the armrests, seat height and seat depth – an essential attribute according to James Crow, owner of Posture Stars, a website promoting good posture (see more on what the pros think at the bottom of this page). And the four-setting tilt limiter lets you adjust the tension to your liking. The unique design inspired by the Golden Gate bridge may divide opinion, but we love this chic, offbeat take on the classic Herman Miller chair. And in terms of spinal support, it can’t be faulted.
Pros & Cons
- One of the most notable features of the Sayl chair is its 3D Intelligent back. Its gently sculpted and webbed design allows you to move and stretch, ensuring the balance between support and freedom of movement is struck. The webbed back is made from elastomer strands that provide exceptional support to the spine.
- Height (in): 40.75 Width (in): 24.5 Depth (in): 26 Weight (lbs): 54 Seat Height (in): 20.5 Seat Width (in): 18
- 3-Year Mechanical Replacement Warranty By Chairorama.
You may have noticed that the HÅG Capisco looks a little different from the other chairs on this list. That’s because it’s a saddle chair, which allows you to sit as if you are saddling a horse. This has been found to be very beneficial for countering and preventing back pain in research such as this study from Cardiff University.
Saddle chairs are most popular amongst medical professionals, but their use has spread to other types of workplace. They’re especially good for use with standing desks. The HÅG Capisco has a wider saddle while the HÅGCapisco Puls has a firmer, narrower saddle that allows you to sit with your legs closer together.
Providing good lumbar and lower back support, it’s very comfortable and very adjustable too. The seat tilts, with a tilt lock, and you can tweak its height and depth too, from a low sitting position to a sit-stand position. Plus, from an aesthetic point of view, this radical and minimalist Scandinavian design will certainly put your home office setup on the cutting edge of cool.
Pros & Cons
- MOUNTS TO: the base of your Capisco chair, around the standard 265mm lift
- NO MORE DANGLING FEET: provide a home base for your feet for more comfort, support and endless varied foot positions
- IMPROVE YOUR SITTING POSTURE: help maintain the correct sitting posture across a range of heights and reduce stress on your knees and thighs
- COMES WITH: 10.4" lift height and 5 star base with breaking casters suitable for both hardwood and low-pile carpet; Add On a Capisco Footring to rest your feet - see below or search Amazon for "Capisco Footring"
- EASY ASSEMBLY: easy to attach, or remove, without disassembling the chair
Can office chairs help back pain?
“A chair that allows your lower back to maintain a good neutral position, supporting the natural curve in the lower back, can alleviate stress on the spine and improve the alignment of your spine all the way up to your head.”
Lyndsay Hirst, a physiotherapist specialising in back pain and a specialist in Pilates, agrees. “The right chair set up is essential, not only to support the natural curves of the spine but also the shoulders,” she notes. “Armrests are really useful for someone who suffers neck and mid-spine pain. Lumbar support is also very useful. An adjustable seat plate, backrest and arms will allow the user to adapt the chair to their specific posture.”
What’s the best office chair for back pain?
What chair features are good for back pain?
- Lumbar support (see below)
- Adjustable armrests
- Seat-depth adjustability
- Recline and tilt
James Crow, owner of Posture Stars, a website promoting good posture, says: “The best office chair for back pain is one that’s highly adjustable, so you can get the back to support you in a meaningful way. Invest wisely: we wouldn’t buy the cheapest mattress or car, but many of us are spending eight to 10 hours a day perched on a ‘value’ chair.”
It’s also important to replace an ageing chair, he says. “If your chair has been around for more than a decade it’s probably time to upgrade. The materials wear down over time, with seat padding especially taking a beating.”
What is lumbar support?
“Left unsupported over time, the strain causes stiffness, making the lower back prone to injuries like slipped discs,” Chongsu says. “Just like support beams in a building, lumbar support absorbs that strain and props your lumbar up, protecting it against stress and injury.”
How do you sit properly in an office chair?
What is the Best Living Room Chair for a Bad Back?
The best living room chair for a bad back would be an ergonomic, orthopedic recliner that leaves no gap between your back and the chair when you recline – to fully support your spine and keep it in the correct posture.
Are Recliners Good for Lower Back Pain?
According to the latest research, sitting somewhat reclined (preferably in a 135-degree body-thigh position is better for your lower back than the common 90-degree chairs.
Is it o.k to Sleep in a Recliner if You Suffer From Back Pain?
Sleeping in a recliner is generally safe if it is ergonomic and has proper lumbar support. People with back pain may find that they get better sleep in a recliner than in a bed.
What’s your experience with sitting on a recliner and back pain? We’d love to know!
Whether the chair is for lounging, work, or for outdoor patios, an ergonomic chair is one that provides ample support for your lower back. Your lower back (lumbar) has an inward curve shape that without sufficient support, will lead to slouching. This in turn strains your lower back and causes bad posture issues such as osteoporosis. The backrest should also support your spine’s natural curve while keeping your head in a neutral position.
Chairs design for back pain relief:
- Massage Chairs would prove to be a great aid in back pain. These chairs have strong lumbar support. Again, you can place your hands and legs in the grooves. As you switch on the vibrator massager, your back, hands and legs would receive a thorough massage.
- You can also find chairs that provide a heating effect up to a certain temperature range. The heat produced through the electric heaters passes on your complete back. Again, the shape and size of the chair back support can add maximum comfort level.
- You can also find chairs combining vibration and heating effect for better back pain relief. The vibration for a massage and heat eases the muscles and also relaxes your spine. The back pain you are suffering from may be due to irregularities at various levels and layers. Proper, thorough, and consistent heating and massage would be a boon for you.
- Another fantastic option is the chair with a wide mid-back and effective lumbar support. You can find chairs with twistable armrests. You can settle in these chairs comfortably. In addition, you can also adjust the height of these chairs as well.
- You can also find Yoga Ball Ergonomic recliner chairs. These chairs have a unique shape and size to provide comprehensive support to all major body parts. This chair helps you to keep you in a better posture. Thus, back pain, sciatica and other related issues will never occur and would be minimized if they already exist.
- The back pain recliner chairs can also help you to combat back pain effectively. You can recline these chairs in zero gravity position. Usually, this position brings your legs and the heart at the same level. This helps to relax. Similarly, remaining in this position for a long time relieves the stress on your spine too.
You can look out for specially made back pain recliners that add glamour to your living space or bedroom and also minimize your back pain. We have researched back pain recliners with zero gravity feature available in the market.
Contrary to popular belief, an ergonomic chair should not be positioned at a 90-degree angle. In fact, according to a study by the Radiology Society of North America, the best position for your back is actually a reclined angle of 135 degrees. Sitting at a 135-degree angle actually puts less strain on your spine than at the 90-degree angle. Less strain on your back means fewer back issues so straighten out your sitting posture by reclining more.
When buying a living room chair for back pain sufferers, buy one that has armrests. Not only are they comfortable for your elbows, but they also take some strain off your upper spine shoulders. Without armrests, you tend to tighten your shoulders to avoid dropping your elbows and inadvertently strain your body. If possible, the armrests should be collapsible to make room.
Good sitting posture means that your feet should be flat on the floor or on a boosted surface such as an ottoman. These flat surfaces will help support your body weight and reduce stress on the hips and spine. If your feet cannot reach the ground, a footrest or ottoman can help fill in the gap. Even if your feet can touch the ground while you’re sitting, an additional footrest will still provide extra comfort and may come in handy for other furniture sets.
Everyone’s body is built differently with varying heights, body proportions, and degrees of spinal curvature. So, just because a chair is ergonomically designed does not mean that it is ergonomically designed for you. If you’ve found a chair from this article that you like, take some time to visit the store and test it out for yourself. Ultimately, the chair should be comfortable for you and this may differ from one person to another.
Whether you’re working from home or back in the office, there’s one thing likely missing your attention: what’s supporting your body while you sit.
That’s right, we’re talking about your office chair—and not just for comfort reasons (although that’s important, too). Your office chair plays a major role in your overall wellness, especially when it comes to the health of your back. In fact, the right office chair can help prevent lower back pain in the first place. And if you’re already suffering, the right office chair can make a huge difference in alleviating your discomfort.
To help you on your hunt, Forbes Health analyzed nearly 100 best selling office chairs on the market, evaluating them on metrics including price, adjustability and features geared towards those with back pain. Here are our top picks (note prices are accurate as of publication and are subject to change).
Finding the best office chair, that will help reduce lower back pain, is a quest for many office workers. While most office seating companies claim to have lumbar support, they almost always lack in this area.
While you may find other lists on the internet, almost all of them will be built to push you into Amazon products. It’s important to note that most, if not all of these websites, have never tried the chairs they promote. As someone who has sat in hundreds of chairs, I know there is no way you could ever know what chair is excellent or bad without sitting in each first hand.
Chairs that offer better lower back support do exist, and today we will take a closer look at the ones we have found to provide the best lumbar support. I will show you chairs that are available at different price points so that no matter your budget is, you can start to work more comfortably.
Best Easy Chair for Back Pain – The best office chair for back pain can be quite an investment, but it’s an important one. Whether you work at home or in an office or studio, if you’re a digital creative you probably spend a large portion of the day sitting at a desk. Experts on health warn against long periods of time sitting, and how we sit and what we sit on can exacerbate the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Taking regular breaks and changing posture, is highly recommended, but for those of us who have no choice but to spend long hours at a screen, the best ergonomic office chairs can at least help ensure we’re sitting well.
Bad posture can cause really serious health issues in the long term. The best ergonomic office chairs can help avoid this by supporting the back in the right places, particularly the lower back area known as the lumbar spine. Supporting the lumbar spine’s natural curve and keeping it in a neutral position is recommended to alleviate stress on the spine. The best office chairs for back pain do this with the use of various forms of support – fixed in the case of cheaper chairs and adjustable in more expensive option.