Best Ergonomic Chair Under 100 – If you work in an office and you spend most of your day sitting down and typing away on your computer, then having the right office chair is of crucial importance for your comfort and your health. But, if you don’t have a big budget to spend on an expensive chair, you could spend hours searching for one that will fit all your needs while not breaking the bank.
Because of this, I’ve created a list of the 8 best office chairs under $100. I based my choices on factors such as brand trust, price for value, main features and characteristics of each product and I hope this will be a useful guideline for those of you who are looking for the perfect and affordable office chair under $100.
What makes them good options? Well, we’ve inspected them, tested them, and made sure they’re quality chairs. Additionally, people who have spent time sitting in them have good things to say. Let’s take a closer look at each of these office chairs to see why they’re the best office desk chairs under $100.
If you’re on a shoestring budget, finding a quality ergonomic office chair that won’t break your back nor the bank can seem next to impossible. The market in the sub $100 range for office chairs is littered with poorly constructed junk that are not only uncomfortable to sit in, but will quickly break down on you and end up hogging space in the garage in short order. In that case you’re not saving money; you’re just wasting it.
In this buyer’s guide, I took it as a challenge to find the absolute best ergonomic chairs money can buy for under or around $100. These chairs may not come with an extensive list of adjustable features, but they must all pass my 3 main criteria for an excellent budget office chair- durable, comfortable, and whenever possible a decent warranty to cover your investment if you’re not happy.
The SMUGDESK Ergonomic Office Chair is a high quality product, with a breathable mesh backrest, a comfortable memory foam seat cushion, soft armrests, and an integrated lumbar pad that helps support posture. The product is fully adjustable on a variety of axes, adding to its useability rating. The installation was easy, with everything we needed coming right in the box, and the price is right. Additionally, it comes with a one year warranty, which is nice and boasts a clothes hanger on the back.
Though the chair is extremely well made and can support weights up to 300 pounds, the dimensions make it difficult to provide comfort for heights above 6’2”. Also, the wheels below the swivel mechanism are not the quietest we tested, though they are by no means annoyingly loud. If you are willing to spend more, our best office chairs under $500 have some great choices.
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic Office Chair: Ergonomic mesh back perfectly fits the shape of the curved human spine, providing you with all-day comfort.
- Breathable Material: The back and cushion positions are made of breathable skin-friendly mesh. The breathable mesh material allows body heat and air pass through the back, avoiding sweat and maintaining a cool body temperature.
- Adjustable Desk Chair: Adjustable chair raises and lowers the seat using the adjustment lever, conveniently located under the seat.
- The rocking mode can relax you from heavy work, pull out the handle to start rocking and pull it in to stop. This chair can support up to 250 lbs of weight.
- Our office chair very easy to set up, it comes with all hardware & necessary tools. And we offer the installation instructions and video to help you.
2.Furmax Office Chair
If you’re looking for a no frills ergonomic office chair that’s built to last and with decent lumbar support, you simply can’t go wrong with the Furmax Mid Back Office Chair. With an ultra affordable price tag that comes in well below $100 (check latest price), this is an office chair you can buy in bulk for all of the rooms in your home or office.
As a testament to the quality of the chair, the Furmax Office Chair is BIMA certified, meaning it passed various rigorous testing for function, quality, and sustainability. The manufacturer offers a 30 money back guarantee, plus 6 months damaged or missing parts replacement. This is a rarity in the under $100 category for office chairs.
Lets talk ergonomics now. The Furmax Office Chair comes with a breathable mesh backrest and two wedge shaped lumbar pieces to cradle your back. Many users love this design, saying it has helped tremendously with their back pain. Being a mid back office chair however, the Furmax lacks a headrest, something you should consider if you like to tilt your neck and heads backwards often.
With a backrest that’s 18.9″ tall and a generous seat size of 19.7” x 19.7”, the chair is large enough to accommodate even big users. It has a weight limit of 265 lbs. The chair is height-adjustable, though unfortunately the same can’t be said for the armrests. You are stuck with the preset height and straight angle of the armrests.
The Furmax Office Chair is simple, dependable, and ultra affordable. And those are all great qualities in an office chair.
Pros & Cons
- 【Ergonomic Design】The overall design of this office chair is ergonomic, two lumbar supports on the backside of the chair back are not only for beautiful looking, when you lean in the chair, it feels comfortable like two hands are supporting your waist, with a slightly concave design on the cushion, this chair can effectively relieve the back pain that caused by long hours of sitting, this will be a very wonderful experience for your use.
- 【Thicker Cushion & Double Comfort】Compared with other ordinary office chairs, the cushion of this office chair uses high-density elastic sponge, which is softer, thicker and more comfortable, and covered by breathable mesh cloth. The innermost layer is made of solid wood. The three-layer structure design can not only ensure stability and durability of the seat, but also double your comfort in daily work.
- 【High-Quality Materials】In order to enhance customer’s experience when sitting in the chair, we adopt better materials to improve the comfort and stability of the chair. High-quality mesh surface with smooth texture and better breathability. The high grade of gas lift is certified by SGS, and the maximum support capacity is 265 pounds. The BIMIFA passed five-star leg base, ensures stableness and safety when sit.
- 【Free Adjustment & 360-Degree Movement】The height of the seat can be adjusted using the handle at the right bottom of the seat, meet different heights of desks. Also, you can tilt backward to relax, switch your sitting posture, and adjust the tilting angle by twisting the tension column under the chair seat. The office chair uses smooth casters, and 360° horizontal rotation without resistance, it is quiet and the good PU material won’t hurt floor on moving.
- 【Easy to Install】The office chair contains the screws, tool and manual for installation, no extra tools are needed. It will be a breeze to follow the installation steps and get an office chair that allows you to work comfortably.
The Hbada office chair checks all the boxes for what a great task chair should be- it’s compact, lightweight, and comfortable enough to help you fly through any task without distractions.
I love the backrest on the Hbada , which apart from being supportive can also rock up to 30 degrees. This really helps relieve back tension and keeps you alert at work.
The armrests on the Hbada are also worth taking about. They can flip up when not in use, saving you space when stored or letting you get right next to the desk surface, which is useful for more detail oriented tasks.
The main caveat of the Hbada is that it’s targeted more towards people on the normal to small side. This is a budget office chair after all. There is an abundance of plastic that limits this chair’s true maximum capacity to probably 180 lbs in our estimation.
All things considered, the Hbada is a great buy for that second room in a tight corner. It’s reliable, compact, and comfortable, at least for shorter term sitting. Costing less than 1/3 of many office chairs is just icing on the cake.
Pros & Cons
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
- Breathable - High density mesh back, flexible supportive, breathable. Designed to support your lower back
- Adjustable - Hbada home office task chair has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch, match different stature. Weight capacity: 250lb.
- Stable & durable: Heavy duty base with smooth and silenced rolling casters, Max Capacity 250lbs
- Customer Warranty Service: Hbada provides three years warranty that is processed in the most hassle-free way possible. Customer-first is the original aspiration of Hbada.No matter what problems you encounter during use, you can contact us. We will provide you with professional services on the product.
Which $100 range Ergonomic Office Chair will you Choose?
An ergonomic office chair with all its adjustable parts and materials is a complex piece of equipment. This is why they are usually an expensive purchase. Having said that, due to cut throat competition in the space, there are still decent office chairs to be found in the lower end price range, even below $100 as I’ve reviewed here.
Which budget office chair to pick depends on your needs. Is durability your #1 concern? What about price? Do you need a headrest, tall back or adjustable armrests? Do you live in a hot climate that forgoes faux or PU leather as the primary material? Each individual is different, and in this guide, I’ve tried to review the best chairs that take into account each of these important categories.
If you’re on a tight budget, I hope you’ve found the chair reviews in this guide helpful in finding a low cost but quality ergonomic chair. And if you’re a gamer, check out our reviews of the best gaming chairs under $100. Considering the amount of time all of us spend sitting down, your budget shouldn’t determine whether you can get a comfortable, ergonomic chair that won’t leave your body with aches at the end of each day.
How We Decided
To help narrow down to the above list, we tested out dozens of chairs, looking for models that were extremely comfortable and offered back support, good lumbar, and, in some cases, neck support. We focused on products that remained comfortable even after using it for several hours, causing no back pain to speak of. To that end, we favored chairs that boasted a wide variety of adjustability options, allowing use by a wide variety of body types.
We also took a look at aesthetics, choosing models that would look great in the home office or at your primary workspace. We chose chairs made from ultra-durable materials that stayed cool even in use, thanks to fine mesh backrests and other comfort-forward features. Additionally, we leaned toward products with a high maximum weight capacity, as much as 450 pounds.
Finally, we picked products that were easy to assemble, with everything you need coming right out of the box and no need for external tools or screws, with assembly taking between 15 and 30 minutes. We also wanted to make sure these chairs were backed with warranties in the one to five-year range.
Office Chair Buying Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
If you are sensitive to back and neck pain, you are going to want to pick a chair that boasts a large number of adjustment capabilities. Modern office chairs often allow for the adjusting of height, headrest height, armrest location and lumbar cushions, among other options. Finding the exact right specifications for your body can help relieve pressure, leading to pain-free extended sitting sessions. If the chair lacks a bevy of adjustment options, look for something with good lumbar support.
Unless you are handy with tools, look for chairs that are advertised as being easy to assemble, as every option in the above list is. These products come with all of the tools and screws you need in the package and can usually be put together in 30 minutes, with some taking as little as 15 minutes. If the company does its job right, there will only be several things to screw in with the typically included Allen wrench.
Many of the above chairs boast additional features, such as caster wheels that excel on both carpeting and hardwood floorings, breathable mesh backrests that help keep things cool, and, in one case, a clothes hanger. Make a list of your most desired features and find a product that meets most of them.
With the wide range of options available on the market, knowing what to look for in an office chair becomes essential if you want to make a good choice. Here is what you should consider before buying an office chair:
How much weight can it hold?
Most chairs on our list support up to 250lbs. This means the chair won’t break easily even if you don’t need it to support a lot of weight.
Is it easy to assemble?
If the chair is easy to assemble and if the manufacturer includes all the tools you’ll need in the package, then you won’t have to struggle to get the chair ready.
What materials is the back of the chair made of?
When you need to sit down for long periods of time, having a chair that lets your skin breathe is a key feature to consider. Most of the chairs we’ve described have a back made of mesh, a breathable material that is also easy to clean.
Is the chair ergonomic?
You’re probably going to spend many hours sitting down on an office chair, therefore, making sure it has an ergonomic design becomes essential to make a good choice. With an ergonomic chair your chances of avoiding neck, back and leg pain is greatly increased.
Is there a rocking mechanism?
When you want to lean back for a moment, the rocking mechanism of an office chair allows you to tilt back and relax. Many of the products we’ve described on the list include this feature, however, for the price they come for, they don’t allow the user to lock the angle of this mechanism.
Can you adjust the height?
One of the most important features to consider is whether the chair’s height can be adjusted to fit your needs. If the answer is affirmative, then that chair might be the one you’re looking for.
What is the chair’s cushion made of?
The cushion of the chair is another crucial factor to consider since you’ll be spending quite some time sitting on it. Before settling on a chair, make sure to check if the cushion is made of a resistant material that won’t lose its original shape with time. For example, a good option could be cushions made of foam.
Can the armrests be flipped up?
Having flip-up armrests isn’t the most important feature an office chair should have, but we can’t deny it might come in handy if the space you’re working in is limited and you want to slide the chair under the desk.
The Benefits of a Chair Under $100
Although the range of available choices for an office chair is quite extensive, varying from cheap options to more expensive solutions, here are the benefits of buying a chair for less than $100:
- The price for value of these chairs is good
- There are hundreds of models to choose from
- Most chairs are sturdy and durable
- There are chairs under $100 that can support up to 300lbs
- You’ll be able to adjust the height even if the chairs aren’t expensive
- Most chairs include a mesh back that will let your skin breathe during work hours
- The ergonomic design and lumbar support will help you avoid back pain
- The cushions aren’t likely to lose their shape
- A rocking mechanism is available on most models for when you want to relax
- The products require very little time to assembly
- In most cases, the producers provide the tools needed to assemble the chairs
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $100?
Finding a comfortable position while you work and maintaining it throughout your shift is crucial if you wish to avoid back, neck, and lumbar pain. One of the many ways to do that is to purchase an ergonomic office chair that’ll help you keep a correct posture. However, whereas some chair models are quite expensive and require you to spend over $200, there are also other good-quality chairs that are not as expensive.
Most of the chairs we’ve described come for under $100 but still allow the user to adjust their height, tilt back to relax, flip up the armrests, and they also feature a mesh back and an ergonomic design. Remember that some of the most important things to consider before buying an office chair include the materials, the adjustable features and its functions.
Therefore, if you wish to buy a good office chair for a cheap price, these kinds of chair are what you should be looking at.
However, you should also be aware that, as sturdy as they can be, these products won’t probably last a decade and the cushions will eventually lose their original shape.
Still, all things considered, office chairs under $100 offer a great price for value ratio and we hope our guide will help you find the perfect office chair for you.
Best Ergonomic Chair Under 100 – To help you find the best office chair under $100, we’ve tried out dozens of models, testing them for back and neck support, ergonomics, breathability and adjustability. We also tended to favor ultra-durable But if you already have an office chair and don’t want to get rid of it, then the best office chair cushions will interest you.products, with a high weight capacity, made from quality materials. We wanted to make sure you got the biggest bang for your buck, choosing attractive chairs that are easy to assemble. To get a feel of what’s available on the market, also look at our best office chair guide.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned after working from home for nearly 25 years, it’s the importance of having a good desk chair. But does “good” have to mean “expensive”? Do you really have to spend hundreds of dollars just for a comfy place to park your keister?
I decided to find out. Armed with CNET’s credit card, I went shopping for office chairs priced $100 and less. The market is crowded with many office chairs under 100 bucks to suit your budget needs.
BUT…the “under $100” price realm is to be treaded carefully! With most of these cheap products considered junk, finding a good, ergonomic $100 office chair is quite daunting.
Luckily for you, we have analyzed dozens of these office chairs and compared them against each other to find the most comfortable office chair under $100 for you.