Best Ergonomic Chair Under 200 – Finding a budget but high-quality Ergonomic chair under $200 might be quite an ordeal, especially if you’d like it to last for a while. That’s why when hunting for a decent ergonomic office chair under $200, you should have realistic expectations and understand that some sacrifices might be required.
So if you’re wondering now whether you can feel comfortable spending hours in a chair that costs less than $200, yes, you can… if you know what to look for.
In this guide, we have reviewed the nine best office chairs under $200 to help you make a decision faster and feel better after a long workday in your desk chair.
With more people than ever shifting their professional lives to their homes as work from home measures have swept the globe due to the pandemic, it’s never been more important to have a suitable home office setup. A comfy sofa, dining table, or coffee table can fit the bill for only so long. As weeks have turned into months, and soon into an entire year, it’s crucial to have an office chair fit for the task of safeguarding your posture and offering comfort for the daily procession of Zoom calls we’ve all become accustomed to.
We all hope these work from home measures will only be temporary, and it can feel a little like a waste to invest a sizable sum into an office chair that could end up gathering dust before long. Yet, it’s entirely possible to buy a fit-for-purpose office chair without breaking the bank.
Today, we’ll be sharing our pick of the best office chairs under $200.
1.QOROOS Mesh Office Chair
The Qoroos Mid Back Mesh Office Chair makes our list as a worthy option for the best compact office chair under $200. It’s a great alternative to the Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair for those that want a chair with armrests yet are constrained by a limited workspace.
The Qoroos Mid Back Mesh Office Chair features a range of adjustments, including 360 degrees swivel, height adjustment, a tilt tension adjustment knob, 360-degree swivel casters, and space-saving flip-up armrests. This last feature allows for easy storage under a desk when not in use, unlike office chairs with fixed armrests. Materials include a breathable mesh backrest and a cushioned high resilience foam base with a nylon cover for extra durability. It’s worth pointing out that there is no seat-depth adjustment, nor does it feature a headrest.
An s-shaped ergonomic backrest designed to chart the natural curve of the spine offers respectable support that, while it does fall short of pricier chairs, is excellent for the price. The compact design does mean it won’t meet the needs of taller users, and the supported maximum of 250 pounds may exclude those with larger body types.
Overall, the Qoroos Mid Back Mesh Office Chair may not feature the same comfort as other models. Still, a low price, ease of assembly, and the aforementioned compact design make it suitable for those on a budget requiring a no thrills office chair.
Pros & Cons
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL MESH OFFICE CHAIR: 360 degree swivel, height adjustable, flip up armrest, rocking mechanism with tilt tension adjustment knob, high quality gas lift cylinder, durable nylon base and flexible 360 degree swivel casters.
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: This office chair designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction, providing firm back support to reduce back pain. High resilience foam cushion offers enough comfort and reduces pressure.
- HIGH QUALITY OFFICE CHAIR: Our office chair is high quality, environmentally that comes from a responsible manufacturer.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY MATERIALS: American-made high density mesh, high resilience foam cushion, high quality gas lift cylinder. All materials are in good quality, durable, and not easy to deform.
- EASY INSTALLATION OFFICE CHAIR: Our office chair is easy to install. We offer installation instruction and video to help you.
2.Best Office Chair
For a standard mesh computer chair with wheels, you can’t beat the price on the one from BestOffice. It comes in a handful of colors, including black, white, pink, and blue, so there’s bound to be something for everyone. It’s also easy to assemble, and should only take about 15 minutes or so to do.
The chair also comes with a high-density sponge cushion, a middle back design, and highly breathable mesh — the latter of which can come in handy after back-to-back Zoom calls.
BestOffice designed the chair with office workers in mind, and it’s complete with 360-degree rotational wheels. It’s also height-adjustable, making it suitable for people of various heights. You can also use this feature to customize the chair in relation to your desk height. It fits a maximum capacity of up to 250 pounds and comes with a heavy-duty base and armrest support, as well.
Pros & Cons
- BEST FOR BIG AND TALL - This big and tall office chair with a unique appearance, and extra thickly cushioned desk chair for you maximum comfort. Executive chair have commercial-grade components, supports up to 400lbs. Big and tall office chair executive chair desk chair.
- ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT & ARMREST - Big & Tall Office chair features Fully adjustable settings with 6 adjustable position PU padded armrest, Simple pneumatic controls, lumbar support to help reduce back pressure and relax the natural curve of the spine, choose according to what you need. Executive chair big and tall office chair desk chair.
- COMFORTABLE THICKNESS: NOT PRONE TO DEFORMATION - Our office chair have excellent breathable design, maintain the air flowing naturally in the desk chair seat area keep the sweat and back were not overheating. Big and tall office chair have heavy-duty metal base with 360-degree swivel and nylon smooth-rolling casters, great stability and mobility. Big and tall executive chair office chair desk chair.
- SUPER EASY TO SET UP - Our desk chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the executive chair instruction, you'll found easy to set up, and big and tall office chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins. Big and tall office executive desk chair.
- WE ASSURED - We guarantee you will love this desk chair which is cheap but good material. but if you’re not satisfied with this executive chair, please get in touch with us, best service for you! Desk chai big and tall office chair executive chairr.
3.Hbada Office Chair
The Hbada is our top option for smaller desk spaces and offices, and for good reason. It features a sleek and compact design and is easy to fit in slightly tighter spaces and rooms. It’s ideal if you don’t have a large space for a workstation — because it’s on the smaller side, you can use the otherwise valuable real estate for other pieces of furniture throughout your home.
Hbada designed this chair with an ergonomic backrest that mimics your lower back curve, so you can work a full day without experiencing back pain. The back of the chair boasts a flexible mesh fabric that supports your body and its movements. In addition, the foldable armrests are an excellent option when you need space for arm and hand movement. The chair can easily fit underneath desks in small spaces, too.
It’s stable and durable, featuring a heavy-duty base and a caster that rolls silently. The Hbada chair can tilt and recline up to 120-degrees, so you can sit back and relax during yet another presentation. The chair has an adjustable height setting, too, which allows you some freedom to set it at your preferred position.
Buyers love this chair for its compactness and back support, all at a budget-friendly price point. It’s a sleek and straightforward desk chair with several adjustability options and a great option for those with smaller work areas.
Pros & Cons
- Space Saving: Flip-up Arms to meet different needs, you can push the office chair directly under the desk to use more area.
- Double Support: 2 Lumbar Support provides customized ergonomic support relieving your fatigue from sitting for a long time.
- Rocking Leisure Function: Push in to lock in an upright position, and pull out to activate the rocking motion, Chair height is adjustable.
- High-Quality Material: Thick seat cushion is not easily deformed and is soft and comfortable; the Mesh back keeps air circulation extra comfy.
- Stable & Durable: High bearing capacity base with smooth and silenced rolling wheels, Max Capacity 250lbs.
- Customer Service: Free replacement parts for you within one year. No matter what problems you encounter during use, you can contact us. We will provide you with professional services on the product.
WHAT IS AN ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR?
Don’t let the intimidating-sounding scientific term trip you up—it’s quite simple, actually. Ergonomic refers to anything that’s designed to remove barriers between you and your environment or application of a product. As such, an ergonomic office chair will focus less on embodying aesthetic trends (some of them *do* happen to be super cute, however!) and more on conforming to your body’s biomechanics, so you can work more efficiently and reduce your risk of muscle imbalance, strain or fatigue.
Research from the Washington Department of Labor and Industries found that companies who switched their employees over to ergonomic furniture—namely office chairs—experienced a reduction in employee absenteeism, reduced incidences of work-related musculoskeletal disorders and increased productivity and work output. Not too shabby for a piece of furniture that takes up very little space, huh?
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR
- Height adjustment: In the same way that no two bodies are built the same, neither are two ergonomic office chairs. Look for a height adjustment lever (and ideally, adjustable armrests, too) to help align yourself properly to your desk. Spine health experts say you should have your feet planted flat on the floor with your thighs horizontal on the chair and your forearms positioned on the same plane as the desk.
- Swivel: Not only is it fun to swivel around in an office chair, it’s healthier for your back, too, since this function allows you to easily face or reach all corners of your desk without straining your spine.
- Wheels: Chair wheels will enable you to coast from one side of your desk—or even a room—to another without having to reach too far. Look for ones with caster wheels that will better protect your floors, emit less noise and decrease wear to the wheel itself.
- Support: You don’t need to suffer from chronic pain to benefit from extra cushioning. Padded lumbar support can help to neutralize any lower back discomfort you might experience throughout the day as a result of placing undue strain on your pelvis. A headrest, meanwhile, can keep your spine and neck aligned and pain-free, as long as it’s the proper fit for your body.
If you’re at the edge of your seat to find out which chair is best for you, let’s look at the best ergonomic office chairs under $200 to add to your office or WFH setup.
Comfort is very subjective: one office chair may delight one person but cause another untold amounts of back pain. The broad range of body types, sitting positions, and type of work undertaken mean that the same office chair can feel drastically different from one person to another.
We’ve assessed the above office chairs based on how they felt for us, but this is unlikely to apply to all users. Finding a chair that lands high on the comfort scale greatly depends on the person and we highly suggest trying out chairs before purchasing if at all possible or seeking suggestions from someone with a similar body type to your own. Similarly, we recommend avoiding compact office chairs for taller users and checking maximum support limits for those with larger body types.
There’s no point beating around the bush here: a sub $200 office chair almost always lands in the entry-level and budget range. $200 will only take you so far, and you get what you pay for, whether that’s construction materials or lumbar adjustments. Models priced double or even as little as $100 more will offer significant comfort, ergonomics, and design improvements.
While our guide shows it’s possible to buy a decent office chair for under $200, set your expectations accordingly and don’t expect too much. Our options will serve you well but are by no means the best on the market by any stretch of the imagination. If you desperately need a premium office chair with high-quality materials, versatile fine-tuning adjustments, and innovative designs, then upping your budget is the best call.
Warranties vary significantly across the office chair market, but when honing in on the sub-$200 range, they tend to trail off, capping out at one year in most cases. If you’re looking for a long term investment and want peace of mind, we suggest eyeing up slightly more expensive options, where you’ll generally find more generous warranties, surging to upwards to 10 years for the top high-end office chairs. These often don’t just include replacement due to defects, but replacement parts and pretty forgiving policies, which cover pretty much any eventuality from accidental damage to natural wear and tear.
Everyone’s situation is different and may require different needs from an office chair. We recommend getting a chair that will both support your body and fit in seamlessly with your overall workspace. Office chairs can be a helpful tool, but can inhibit your ability to work if they’re not a match for your workspace.
When determining which office chair is best for you, you’ll want to consider your budget first and foremost, while finding one that is comfortable and encourages productivity.
As we’ve mentioned in our guides about the best office chairs for under $300 and under $100, there are several other factors to consider before you make your final decision. While comfort is a significant factor when selecting a chair, durability, features, size, and aesthetic is important to consider, as well.
We recommend looking for a chair made with quality materials. It’s unrealistic to expect an office chair to offer the same support now as it will after you’ve used it for a few months or years, but you want to look for a chair that will last through long working hours day after day. A chair in constant need of repair or new parts can be a headache, to say the least.
Any structural problems will remain with you and disturb you as you work. Be sure to check customer service policies if you find that your chair has any missing or damaged parts, and consider the warranty offered.
The chairs we reviewed have a variety of different features, including headrests, armrests, backrests, retractable footrests, and more. We suggest thinking about which of these features would make you the most comfortable, as well as the ones you can do without. Everyone has different preferences
Things like adjustable headrests, armrests, backrests, or retractable footrests are parts of chairs that make them unique. Think about which of these features would make you more comfortable and which you can do without.
Since you will be using your chair daily, you want a practical option that suits your preferences. The ideal chair is one you enjoy sitting in all the time, making working easier rather than more rigorous.
Based on your working environment and space for a small office, you may want to prioritize some features over others. For example, if you have a smaller space and remain mostly sedentary, a chair that moves easily or allows you to have greater mobility is unnecessary.
On the other hand, if your working environment is a bit more open and you find yourself moving around, we suggest getting an office chair with wheels or tilt-recline to take advantage of the added space.
All in all, it’s really essential to think about how your chair will function in the area you’re working in.
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $200?
Office chairs under $200 might not be upholstered in genuine leather or last forever. But if you treat one of those chairs with care, it might as well serve you for many work days to come. As long as you opt for a sturdy chair with an ergonomic design, you can significantly upgrade your office setup without spending a fortune.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.
Last, but certainly not least, consider what your body needs when you purchase your office chair. Your body’s comfort and ability to do work while sitting for a long time are likely the reason why you’re looking for an office chair. You may also be looking for more back support to relieve back pain. Find a chair that accomplishes those things for you.
Choose the right size chair for your body. Particularly if you’re taller, look for a chair that we mention is better for taller people. If your chair is too small, you may find yourself sitting too low to the ground or find that the seat is too short. Either of these positions will make working difficult.
Also, make sure that the chair you buy can support your weight. Look at the chair’s weight capacity and consider if the chair will be able to hold your weight after a long time. You don’t want to push that capacity too far as it will damage your chair.
Best Ergonomic Chair Under 200 – A solid office chair is undoubtedly an investment — not only in your health but in your productivity, as well. The right chair can provide you with physical support and comfort, not to mention an environment where you feel you can do your best work day in and day out. Many of the best Ergonomic chairs for small spaces can cost a pretty penny, though; in some cases, over $1,000 a pop.
If you’re looking for some more affordable office furniture and equipment, though, you’ve come to the right place. You can still find the best office chair under $200 that delivers on comfort, support, and durability.
We’ve researched, tested, and analyzed dozens of chairs in this price bracket, and rounded them up here for you.
Think about the sheer number of hours a day you sit at your desk. It probably trumps…anything else you do, from walking to even sitting on the couch. With a commitment like that, it certainly helps to invest in a comfortable office chair that supports your back and posture so you’re more motivated to work.
If you don’t have an arm and a leg to spend on one, however, not to fret. We researched the best ergonomic office chairs under $200 that promise to optimize your posture, boost your comfort levels throughout the work day and fit seamlessly into any office layout.