Best Ergonomic Office Chair for Short Person – Searching for a good chair is a challenging and overwhelming task. It’s become more difficult to find a comfortable Ergonomic Office chair that will fit perfectly for a short person.
If you are working from a chair that doesn’t physically fit you well then you might end up having back pain, neck pain, lack of blood circulation in your legs and possibly pain in other places.
Using a suitable ergonomic chair is highly recommended. In this blog, we have selected some of the best ergonomic office chairs for a person whose height ranges from 5’4″ to 4’11”. These chairs are highly adjustable, ergonomically built, well designed to fit you perfectly.
With officer workers who have petite bodies and they have to sit on working chairs for a long time, their circulatory systems will be interrupted. The most important thing about the circulatory system of humans is blood circulation and when it is poor, it will cause some problems with joint pain diseases.
Therefore, not only guarantee to have strong health but also maintain a long working regime, short people should equip themself with the best office chair for a short person.
By providing appropriate office chairs to employees, it will make them feel more comfortable to finish their jobs with the highest productivity. On the markets nowadays, they provide a variety of office chairs with exclusive patterns, colors, designs.
1.Flash Furniture Mid-Back
If you’re looking for exceptional comfort and minimalistic design, the Flash Furniture mesh back office chair will fit the bill and your office space.
This petite office chair features a ventilated curved mesh back with built-in lumbar support that prevents overheating. This doesn’t only help you stay fresh during hot days, but it also lets you keep a correct posture throughout your shift. Moreover, a 3-inch padded waterfall seat relieves pressure from the legs while providing cushioning for long workdays.
You can also set the chair’s height as low as eight inches from the floor, perfectly fitting your body structure. The list of goodies this office chair offers doesn’t stop here. You’ll also be delighted with padded flip-up armrests and a convenient footrest that will instantly take your workstation to the next level.
This Flash Forniture chair features a tilt lever that can be pushed in to lock the backrest in an upright position, or alternatively it can be pulled out to activate the rocking motion.
However, the only flow you might notice in this chair is that the height of the armrests can’t be adjusted. But at least you can flip them up, right? In any case, if armrests bother you or you’re just looking for a space saving chair, then you might want to take a look at the armless office chairs we’ve reviewed.
- If you're seeking exceptional seating comfort for yourself or multiple employees this ergonomic mesh back office chair will fit the bill. Everyone from the CEO to the front office staff will enjoy working in comfort with this office task chair.
- SAFETY & COMFORT: Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17. Ventilated curved mesh back with built-in lumbar support prevents overheating, 3" padded waterfall seat relieves pressure from the legs while providing cushioning for long workdays
- HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Pneumatic height adjustable 360 degree swivel seat, Tilt lever - push in to lock in an upright position; pullout to activate rocking motion, Tilt tension knob controls tilt resistance, Functional flip-up arms allow ease of access
- VERSATILE USE: Commercial grade material and quality creates a superior chair that can be used in home offices, commercial business work spaces, college dorm rooms and student study spaces in the home
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS >>> Overall Size: 24.5"W x 25.5"D x 37.5-41.25"H. Seat Size: 20.25"W x 19"D x 17.25-20.75"H. Back Size: 17-20"W x 23"H. Arm Size: 26.25-30.25"H from floor; 8"H from seat
2.Ergousit Home Office Chair
This office chair for petite people by Ergousit features an interesting butterfly shaped backrest design that not only enhances your overall comfort while sitting, but it is also made to fit most interior styles. More specifically, the S-curve back frame perfectly adapts to the human body, fitting the spine and ultimately allowing you to sit for several hours each day without experiencing any pressure or discomfort.
The chair has a ton of adjustable features included which help you find and keep a comfortable seating position. That’ll help you reduce back and neck pain. These adjustments include height customization, which allows the chair to go as low as 15”, and a rocking mechanism that lets the chair tilt from 90 degrees to 110 degrees. Plus, the curved headrest, made of mesh fabric, provides head and neck support while you work.
As for the seat cushion, included in the chair we found a thick cushion made of high-density foam that is supposed to keep its original W-shaped design to provide a larger support area while dispersing pressure on your hips and legs.
Last but not least, the breathable mesh used on the backrest enhances air circulation to prevent heat from accumulating.
As a negative note, we noticed that if you sit in the chair leaning all the way back the armrests might result too far apart to actually be 100% comfortable.
- 【Ergonomic Office Chair with Lumbar Support】Its ergonomic back design provides good lumbar support to minimize back problems and encourage good posture. No need to worry about Full-time work caused horrible ergonomic issues with unsupported posture and position. Simple shape, exquisite appearance suitable for any occasion-office, meeting room, home.
- 【Solid Home Office Construction】explosion-proof hydraulic cylinder at international standards, heavy-duty metal base with smooth-rolling castors make a superb stable structure. No squeaks either when reclining back and forth or swiveling. (Maximum weight capacity: 250LBS)
- 【Convenient Flip-up Armrest】Another plus with this desk chairs are having the armrests Flip-up, it's a great feature to have to depend on your situation. Being able to lift up the arms makes it easy to tuck in and store under a table or desk easily saving precious space.
- 【Breathable Mesh Back and Comfortable Seat Cushion】The cushioning of the seat and the netted comfortable back of the home office desk chairs are all made of upgrade materials. High-density mesh is very breathable and not easy to tear. The large and thick seat cushion is made of high-quality foam, which is high resilience and never deform.
- 【Well packaged and quick delivery】All parts are packaged well with the bubble wrap protected it well enough, ensuring all the parts are intact with no damage to the fabric or structure. Our professional delivery service guarantees that the chair will be delivered as soon as possible.
- 【Great Customer Service and Easy Assemble Computer Chairs 】We provide 5 year warranty and 24 hour online customer service, if you have any issue with our chairs, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is equipped with easy installation tools and clear Instructions. You only need 10 mins to assemble it.
3.KOLLIEE Mid Chair
Other than offering a variety of customizable features, this petite chair by Kolliee caught our attention thanks to its good price for value ratio. For less than $120 you can purchase an ergonomic office chair with an adjustable height mechanism that can make the chair go as low as 15” to help you find the most comfortable position to work in.
Speaking of comfort, the chair was designed with a human-oriented ergonomic construction, meaning that the lumbar support will provide back support throughout the day to effectively reduce sitting-related back pain or stress.
The backrest is entirely made of high-density mesh to allow air to circulate freely, while the seat provides a high-resilience foam cushion to keep pressure off your legs. Compared to other foam cushions we’ve found during our search for the best office chair for short people, we think this one is quite durable and built to last without losing its shape over time.
Lastly, we’d like to mention that even though the armrests aren’t adjustable nor padded, they can be flipped up in case you need to store the chair or if they just bother you while working.
- SWIVEL, ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT MESH OFFICE CHAIR: 360 degree swivel, adjustable height mechanism, flip up armrests.
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: This office chair designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction, providing back support to reduce back pain caused by long time sitting.
- HIGH QUALITY OFFICE CHAIR: Our office chair is high quality, environmentally that comes from a responsible manufacturer.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY MATERIALS: American-made high density mesh, high resilience foam cushion, high quality gas lift cylinder. All materials are in good quality, durable, and not easy to deform.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Our office chair is easy to install. We offer installation instruction and video to help you.
4.FelixKing Ergonomic Desk Chair
If you’re looking for a compact office chair with a sleek design and easy to store, then the FelixKing office chair will be one of your top choices.
Featuring an ergonomic S-shaped curve design, this chair will help you relieve stress and relax muscles even when working full-time at your desk. And thanks to 90-degree rotating and padded armrests, you’ll find it easy to use this chair and store it quickly.
You can forget about ruining your floor since the FelixKing offers abrasion-resistant and very durable casters, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can always think about purchasing one of the best office chair mats to protect your hardwood floors against any possible scratch.
Back to the ergonomic features of the chair, by adjusting the lumbar support you can change the position of the support point on your lower back. In addition, the height of the upper and lower back can be adjusted by about 1.6 inches, which should let you adjust this office chair for your specific body structure.
As for the reclining feature, the backrest offers a 30 degree recline to comfortably lean back, while the pressure-resistant structure is designed to reduce pressure on your body as well as improve blood flow.
However, while the double-layer mesh back is breathable and strong, it might feel a bit uncomfortable if you touch it with your bare skin.
- [ Multi-Function ] The height of the chair can be adjusted according to the height of the desk and the height of the person sitting on it. It also features 360 degree rotation. With the feature of 30 degrees of recline and structure of distributing the pressure-resistant, it can reduce your body's pressure. Promote your own blood circulation.A durable caster can be easily moved elsewhere.
- [ Comfortable Surface ] The surface of FelixKing’s chair is composed of high-density natural sponge which is designed for the curve of human’s butt. It can provide a larger bearing area and can reduce body’s pain. Mesh breathable materials and thick handrails provide comfort for people.Meanwhile It can also protect your lumbar spine and back.
- [ Ergonomic Design ] The mesh back of FelixKing’s chair has excellent elasticity, completely suitable for the waist and back curve. This modern adjustable high back chair has an ergonomic S-shaped curve design.It is easier to relieve stress and relax muscles.You won't get tired even if you sit for a long time.
- [ Convenient Storage ] Lift the armrest and It can be pulled up and placed under the desk. It can be stored neatly and space-saving. The armrest can be rotated 90 degrees to relax the muscles and have fun at the same time.It’s suitable for living room, study room, meeting room and office.
- [ Simple assembly ] It can be assembled with the simple tools that come with packing. You can easily complete it in about 15 minutes according to the English instructions.The warranty is one year.If you have any problems, please contact us at any time, and the customer service will provide customers with satisfactory solutions.
This stylish and modern ergonomic chair is a real gem if your budget isn’t limited. If you’re looking for a chair that would provide you with the ultimate ergonomic comfort for your body and life during workdays, you’ll be more than satisfied with this choice. And yes, as a petite person, you won’t be disappointed too.
With the 18.5~22.4 inches from the ground to the seat, you’ll find this chair extra comfortable, if not the most comfortable chair you’ve ever owned. Plus, the exclusive Ergo3D lumbar support system will accommodate your tiny body structure perfectly. Additionally, the headrest can be adjusted to support your neck regardless of which position you’re sitting in.
The backrest of the chair, as well as the headrest, are made of breathable mesh to reduce heat and provide optimal air flow.
And we almost forgot to mention that this office chair features a super-lounge tilt. So you’ll have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the Ergo3D Comfort Zone for your next task or to simply lounge back. It’s hard to beat that, isn’t it?
Although this chair isn’t cheap, we do need to mention an additional set of Blade Castors is included in the price.
The only thing you might find a bit inconvenient is that the armrests move if you get up from or into the chair from any angle other than perfectly straight.
- Conforms to your Life: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- Soft HD Office Chair: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working.
- Heavy Duty: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give a set of blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- Super-Lounge Recline: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair. Try the Ergo3D and feel the difference it makes to your life.
Another great ergonomic chair for short people we found is this space-saving chair by Kerdom. In terms of comfort, it offers three support points (back, hips and hands), to help you keep a correct posture when sitting. Moreover, the height can be adjusted from 15.4” up to 18.9” to specifically suit petite people.
Whenever you need to take a small break and relax, the chair’s 90-125 degree rocking mechanism will be just what you need. And when you want to sit upright, the adjustable lumbar support will constantly make sure you won’t sit in an unhealthy position.
This chair comes in handy whenever you need to save space because thanks to its small dimensions and flip-up armrests you’ll be able to make it fit under any kind of desk. Plus, its simple design can fit close to any interior.
This chair has a light breathable mesh back to help you survive hot summer days in the office. The material was used on the backrest as well as the seat cushion to keep you fresh during the day. It’s a reliable and sturdy office chair for people with a petite physique and it comes in 6 different color options. On the negative side, the armrests aren’t padded and they can’t be adjusted in height or width.
- 【Ergonomic Office Chair】 The office chairs are designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction, provides comfortable support to help you keep a relaxed posture in a long time working. Easier to disperse pressure and relieve muscle fatigue.
- 【Comfortable and Safety】 The computer desk chair is made of the high-density and breathable mesh back with lumbar support and thick cushion to provide you the most comfortable posture. The thickened explosion-proof seat plate give you more comfort and double coverage. Max capacity: 250 lbs.
- 【Convenient Storage】 The mesh office chair comes with adjustable padded armrests which can be flipped up or down. It saves your space and can be easily stored. Suitable for office, living room, study room, meeting room, etc.
- 【Multi Function】 Pneumatic seat height adjustment; Tilt lock function(angle adjustable); 360 degree swivel; Solid rolling silencer casters for smooth movement.
- 【Easy to Assemble】 We offer installation instruction and video to help you. It usually takes about 10-20 minutes to assemble. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Office Chair for Short People
Are you tired of uncomfortable traditional office chairs and want to opt for a smaller chair that would provide you with ultimate comfort during the workday? Here’s what you need to know before you make the final decision:
What are the chair’s seat width and depth?
If you want to avoid constant discomfort, ensure that your chair isn’t too wide or too deep for your tiny body. Ideally, you’d wish the seat depth to be no more than 21-22″, and the shorter, the better.
What’s the chair’s seat height?
If you’re below 5,8”, then having a suitable seat height is a must. First, ensure your new office chair has an adjustable seat height to fit your petite body type. Ideally, you’d be looking for a chair that can go as low as 14 inches, or at least no more than 20”. However, if you don’t care whether your feet touch the floor or not, then you can go for any seat height.
Does the office chair have an ergonomic design?
If you truly care about your back, legs, and arms, you should opt for a chair that offers an ergonomic design for your height and helps you support a correct posture. Usually, such chairs feature adjustable lumbar support to help you feel more comfortable.
How much weight does it support?
While you can always buy a chair for kids to fit your shorter height, it doesn’t mean that the chair could support your weight. So it’s better to make sure the office chair you purchase is sturdy and durable.
Does the chair have a thick-padded cushion?
You might weigh less than taller people, but it’s still important to have a thick-padded cushion to sit on during your 8-hour workday. We also suggest opting for waterfall or curved seat cushions to decrease the pressure on your legs.
What type of backrest does the chair have?
Usually, you’ll come across mid-back petit office chairs as they’re more suitable for shorter people. However, some well-designed smaller office chairs can also have a high back and a headrest. So it’s really up to you and your preferences.
Is the chair compact?
If space is an issue for you, then you should opt for a chair with flip-up armrests or adjustable armrests. This feature will let you easily push it closer to the desk and make your home office look more spacious.
How adjustable is it?
If you have very particular preferences for your office chair and sitting arrangement, it’s better to choose a chair with as many adjustable features as possible, including seat depth and height, back height, tilt tension, etc.
What is it upholstered in?
Do you prefer a breathable mesh, textile, faux leather, or genuine leather petite office chair? This specification might affect the price, but it mostly depends on your preference and interior design requirements. As long as you ensure that the upholstery material is durable, you should be satisfied with your new office chair for short people.
Is the chair multifunctional?
If you like to use your office chair as a gaming chair or as an extra chair around the house, it’s always a good idea to go for a chair that can serve different purposes. This will save you from spending more money on buying other chairs.
The Benefits of an Office Chair for Short People
Choosing an ergonomic chair for short people isn’t always the same as selecting a regular office chair. Office chairs for a petite person offer some specific benefits than can greatly improve the overall comfort for short people and that’s why here we’ve listed some of the main pros that come with this kind of chairs:
- Wide range of adjustments: Ergonomic chairs for short people usually include a wide range of adjustments that allow the users to customize features such as the seat tilt or armrests height.
- Adjustable height: One of the most important benefits is the option to adjust the chair’s height. By adjusting the height, a short person can lower the chair as they see fit.
- Adjustable seat depth: Seat depth is often overlooked, however it is an essential part of your comfort because if the seat pan is too deep it might result in circulation problems for short people.
- Lumbar support: When talking about office chairs, lumbar support is always important as it allows you to keep a healthy posture when sitting.
- Armrests’ width: A petite person might find a chair’s armrests to be too far apart, resulting in an uncomfortable working experience. To solve the problem, some chairs let you adjust the armrests’ width.
Is a Petite Office Chair Worth It?
Picking a good office chair for short people can take a while. However, once you lay your eyes on one of the chair models, make sure you check its seat height, width, and depth. If the chair is too big for you, you’ll feel discomfort throughout your workdays and have less motivation and energy to finish your daily tasks.
Of course, there’s no single best office chair that would fit every petite person. Yet, it’s still possible to find the one that would be the most comfortable for your tiny body type.
We hope that our comprehensive guide to the top nine best office chairs for short people will help you better understand all the main chair specifications and make the right purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.
What is a good seat height for short people?
If you’re around 5’6” then you should look for a seat height of 16”, while if you’re 5’2” you should try to go for 15”. In case you’re shorter than 5’2” then we recommend a chair that can go as low as 14”.
I like a chair but it doesn’t go as low as I need. What can I do?
If you fell in love with a chair that can’t be lowered as much as you need then that’s not an irresolvable problem. If the chair’s height doesn’t quite suit your needs, you can always use a footrest to make sure your feet won’t dangle off the ground.
What is a good desk height to fit a chair for short people?
When talking about chairs for petite people we must not forget that another important factor is the height of your desk. Generally speaking, when typing on a computer you want your desk to be about 8” higher than your seat height. This means that if your seat height is 15” your desk should be around 23” high.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.
It’s essential to understand the chair seat height properly. An office chair seat height should be adjustable from 15.9 inches to above if a person has a height of 4ft11in and above. It’s a mandatory feature to have on an office chair to fit you correctly.
How would you measure the chair height? Well, you could take the height measurement from the floor to the back of your knee while you are seated with thighs horizontal and lower leg vertical with feet flat to the floor.
We have divided the office chairs into 2 popular kinds are mesh and leather products. With each type of chair, we have different ways to clean and take care of them.
If you are using the leather recliner, you can use damp clothes and wipe the chair’s surface gently to remove dirt on frames or cushions. As a result of leather material, you couldn’t use too much pressure to avoid sloughing.
Washing the mesh office chair is easier than the other because we can disassemble each part effortlessly. The most important parts that we should clean carefully are headrests, armrests, seat cushions, etc.
Different from leather product, you can wash the mesh chair with water or soapy solution to remove odors comfortably. You ought to sunbathe the chair’s parts in the sun to prevent bacterial proliferation and remove water completely.
A regular office chair has a seat depth of 18″ and more. Seat depth is also important to sit ergonomically. When you remain seated with thighs horizontal and lower leg vertical with feet flat to the floor, It’s ideal to have 2″ space between the back of your thigh and the seat of the chair.
Working long hours on a chair leads to back pain, fatigue muscle, and less blood circulation to the lower body. To prevent any injury from sitting long hours, you should consider this feature.
Best Ergonomic Office Chair for Short Person – Most office chairs are built to accommodate an average frame. If you are petite or short in stature (under 5’3” for women and under 5’8” for men), your so called ergonomic chair could be exacerbating your existing aches and pains – or potentially creating new ones.
In this guide we take a look at all the important ergonomic factors that short people need to focus on when picking an ergonomic chair, followed by a comprehensive list of the best office chairs for short people. All of these chairs are appropriately sized in the key areas that make all the difference for short people, from seat depth, height, to seat pan width.
Please note that we will be using terms such as “short”, “shorter” or “petite” to describe people that are under the statistically average height for men and women. This post will not focus on chairs for little people, or people with dwarfism.
After conducting extensive research, we nominated the Flash Furniture Mid-back Ergonomic Office Chair as our Top Pick for the best office chair for short people. We liked this office chair because it’s an ergonomic mesh-combination chair with a breathable backrest with built-in lumbar support and a padded cushioned seat. The pneumatic height controls allow for seat height adjustment between 17 to 21 inches, and you can still adjust the arms and backrest too.