Best Ergonomic Office Chair Under 500 – Trying to find the office chair that provides the best value for you can often be an exhaustive search. When searching for chairs that cost less than $500, you have thousands of different options to choose from. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that you have a ton of different manufacturers and styles to choose from. The bad thing is that this creates a situation where a lot of the options are going to be really poor options.
People are often looking for the sweet spot with chairs. They want to know how much they need to spend to get into the area of good quality chairs, without having to pay the premium price for name brand chairs. The $500 range will get you into this territory. There are plenty of options that offer solid builds, good warranties and whatever adjustments you may need.
As long as you know what you are looking for before you begin narrowing down your search, you should be in a good spot. Make sure to understand how each chair can recline and move. Identify which movement style and adjustments are important to you. Make sure you are familiar with the manufacturer and their warranty. Keeping these things in mind will help to ensure that you find the best chair you can for less than $500.back to menu ↑
- Conforms to your Life: With it’s 3D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- Ease into Work, or Play: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 3D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, sideways, up and down for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat lifts up and down for the ultimate custom fit in the office, or in front of your game!
- Soft HD Office Chair: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working
- Heavy Duty: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give a set of blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- SUPER-LOUNGE TILT: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair. Try the Ergo3D and feel the difference it makes to your life.
back to menu ↑
- 【Adjustable Mesh Chair】You can adjust lumbar support height and depth; headrest height and angle; armrest height; seat cushion height; tilting angle up to 140°and rocking resilience to your personal most comfortable position
- 【Ergonomic Backrest & Armrest】Our adjustable elastic backrest can perfectly fit your spine and significantly ease the fatigue and pain of your back. Also, our durable metal-core armrest with bigger, thicker and softer concaved PU padding provides you more comfortable arm support
- 【Comfortable Seat】Unlike other ergonomic desk chairs' thin shredded foam seat, out seat is made of 3 inches high density foam with W-shaped and waterfall-edge design, providing larger support area and disperse pressure on hip and thighs
- 【Unique Headrest & Quality Mesh】Compared with other high back office chairs' small mesh headrest, our big cuved foam headrest provides more comfortable neck and head support. Plus, our breathable mesh with strong tensile strength provides cool and comfortable back support, enabling long hours sitting relaxed without sweat
- 【Warranty】We provide 30 days money-back guarantee, one year warranty and professional after sales service for our ergonomic office chair. If there is any quality problem, please contact us and we will provide you a 100% satisfied solution. This easy assembly ergonomic computer chair has comprehensive packaging with clear instructions; therefore, no need to worry damage or assembly issues
back to menu ↑
- PROFESSIONAL AND COMFORTABLE: Ergonomic desk chair with layered body pillows and padded armrests
- AIR LUMBAR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to provide back support and help improve posture
- EXECUTIVE STYLE: Bonded leather with contrast stitching.Material of Frame:Wood
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Seat-side cable-actuated levers offer convenient height and tilt adjustments
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Multi-surface, dual-wheel designer casters make it easy to move around
back to menu ↑
- Eco Leather seat with mesh siding for breathability and comfort
- One touch Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment
- 2-to-1 Synchro Tilt Control with Adjustable Tilt Tension,Dimensions:25.2 D x 26.5 W x 42 H inches
- Height Adjustable Angled Arms with Soft PU Pads
- Heavy Duty Angled Nylon Base with Oversized Dual Wheel Carpet Casters
back to menu ↑
- Highly adjustable modern office chair designed for all day comfort
- Poly-cotton foam seat features a 5-position sliding seat adjustment for multiple seat depths
- Reclining lock feature provides 4 locking angles when you decide to sit back and kick your feet up
- 6-position adjustable height armrests
- 2-year warranty
back to menu ↑
- ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR SUPPORT : Does the back health bother you? The ergonomic office chair will fully support your spine and allow for perfect posture. So you can go about your day without an aching back. With the adjustable headrest, lumbar support, 3D arms and sliding seat, you can enjoy comfortable support and get proper posture.
- ADJUST SEAT DEPTH : To reduce the pressure on your thighs and hips, the high back mesh chair is specially equipped with a sliding seat. By adjusting the seat depth back and forth, you can easily find a comfortable position when work or rest. With a mesh backrest/ mesh seat, you’ll stay cool all day long, avoid sweating and sticking.
- ADJUSTABLE 3D ARMREST : Adjustable 3D armrest go forwards & back, up & down and sideways for a comfortable arm support. The mesh headrest with height and Angle adjustment, keep your get great neck support and avoid cervical pain. The computer office chair is durable with a max capacity 280lbs. Chair size(WxDxH) : 19.9 x 20.7 x 48-53.5 in(not include the arms).
- TILT FUNCTION : Lean the executive chair back (90~120°), you can lock the backrest at 3 different locations(including upright), which will make you rest more comfortable. Also, the ergonomic chair has a special weight-activated mechanism, so your chair will automatically match the appropriate tilt tightness according to your body weight. If the handle is broken, pls just contact the seller for replacement.
- EASY TO INSTALL & WARRANTY : You will find all required tools and instructions in the carton, and a new swivel task chair can be installed fast after 20~25m. All office chairs purchased from SUNNOW come with 1-year warranty. Please e-mail us first, we are pleasure to help you if you need any part replacement or other issues.
back to menu ↑
7.Massage Office Chair
- ❤Easy to install - Office chair super easy to put together. It took maybe 10-30minutes, this desk chair came with all the tools necessary.
- ❤Soft and Comfort - Comfortable long use! Massage office chair have a vibrator with remote control, slight vibration can reduce the fatigue caused by your long hours of work.
- ❤USB Massage Lumbar Cushion - Massage office chair the backrest has a massage lumbar support that is powered by USB to release your waist fatigue for your tired. Desk chair does include a weight limit of 250 pounds.
- ❤360-Degree Swivel & Nylon Casters - Office Office chair all the parts BIFIMA certification, more reliable and sturdy, this desk chair does include a weight limit of 250 pounds.
- ❤Warranty - We guarantee you will love this ergonomic Office chair. But if you’re not satisfied with this office chair, please get in touch with us.
back to menu ↑
8.OFM Gaming Chair
- BREATHABLE GAMER CHAIR: This high-back gaming chair comes with breathable mesh fabric to keep you cool and PU leather for a soft feel.
- GAMING CHAIR COMFORT: Extend your gaming sessions with a generous 3.5" seat thickness, integrated padded headrest, integrated lumbar support, and arm pads.
- ERGONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS: Tailor this high-back, racecar-style chair to your needs with height adjustments so you can focus on your game. The video game chair features a generous tilt and tilt tension adjustment to slow down or speed up your rate of tilt.
- TOTAL FREEDOM: Stay on the move with a 360-degree swivel and enjoy this chair designed for gamers. This online game chair's overall dimensions are 28.3" D x 26" W x 42.5"- 46.5" H.
- QUALITY DESIGNED AND MADE: This high-back gaming chair features a sturdy metal base with a steel frame that can hold users up to 275 lb and is backed by the OFM Limited Lifetime Warranty.
back to menu ↑
- Adjustable Backrest Height for full support, from your lumbar to your neck. Ensuring maximum support
- Dynamic Variable Lumbar Support adjusts to your body every time you move. Stay comfortable all day
- Molded Foam Seat offers a traditional feel with added support. Optional Seat Depth Adjustment
- Flex Mesh Technology provides a soft and adaptive feel. Experience breathable conforming performance
- Money Back Guarantee Try it for 90 days if you don't love it, you can return it. No Questions
back to menu ↑
- Contemporary task chair; Upholstered in breathable contract Black mesh material
- Breathable 4" mesh seat; Ratchet back with lumbar adjustment
- 3 paddle multi-function tilting mechanism, which allows the seat and back to be independently adjusted and locked in position; Adjustable height armrests
- Pneumatic gas lift seat height adjustment; Adjustable tilt tension control
- 25" nylon high crown base; Hooded double wheel casters
back to menu ↑
Best Ergonomic Office Chair Under 500 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
1. Manage Expectations
It is important to understand that $500 is a mid-range price for an office chair. This may seem like a lot of money to some and it may not seem too bad for others. Regardless, you need to know that because you are buying a mid-range chair, there will be some areas of the chair that need to be sacrificed to keep the chair at a mid-range price point.
The sacrifice may be on the quality of the parts. Things like the casters, padding or upholstery may be lower quality. Maybe the chair lacks adjustments. It may come with a short warranty. Whatever it is, you need to be aware that some things will not be top of the line and you need to know which areas you are fine with sacrificing.back to menu ↑
The difference in chair quality in this price range can be pretty drastic. This also applies to the warranty on the chairs. As an example, the warranty coverage periods for the chairs on this list range from 2 years all the way up to a lifetime.
You need to make sure that you know what the warranty is for the different chairs you are considering. A warranty can add a lot of value to a chair. One chair may cost $50 more than a similar model but if you get an extra 5 years on the warranty it may sway your decision on which model to choose.back to menu ↑
3. Understand how office chairs move
There are a handful of different ways that an office chair can recline, or tilt and some chairs do not recline or tilt at all. In this price range you will see every kind of tilting and reclining mechanism. If reclining is important to you, then it is important to understand the different types and which ones will work for you.
The most basic tilt is called swivel tilt or center tilt. This means that the seat tilts from a point right underneath the seat. This is the most basic tilt function. It is the most difficult to recline and it will raise your knees as you rock back in the chair.
A knee tilt mechanism will allow you to rock back with the recline point being right behind your knees. This allows your butt to sink down when you rock the chair, which keeps your knees in place. This provides a more ergonomic position and knee tilt mechanisms are much easier to recline and rock in than center or swivel tilt.
The final type of tilt to cover is synchro-tilt. This is the most common type of mechanism used on ergonomic office chairs. A synchro-tilt mechanism will tilt the seat as the back is reclined but it will be at a smaller ratio than a knee tilt or swivel tilt mechanism. Instead of keeping the back and seat at the same angle through the recline, the back will move back at a 2:1 ratio as compared to the seat. This allows the back angle to open up, which allows you to stay in an ergonomic position through the entire recline.back to menu ↑
4. Know your adjustments
Before you decide which chair you are leaning toward, you need to know which adjustments are important to you. Chairs in this price range can vary greatly in terms of adjustability. Some chairs may only have a couple adjustments. On the other hand, you can find chairs in this price range with all of the adjustments you could ever ask for. As long as you know what adjustments you absolutely need, it will be much easier to narrow down your search.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
What is the Best Office Chair Under $500?
All 6 chairs featured in our list are excellent choices in the $500 range, giving you excellent ergonomics and quality not found on lower end budget chairs. However, choosing the right chair for you from these excellent candidates come down to your specific requirements and style preferences.
For people looking for an mid back ergonomic chair that doesn’t stick out, the Hon Ignition and Sidiz T50 are the obvious choices there.
The Browery is my go-to choice for those of you that can’t find comfort in a mesh or leather backrest- the elastomer material may just be the ticket for long term back comfort for you.
For people with upper back and cervical spine problems, the Sunnow chair is the smartest choice with the separated 3 tier backrest.
For the executive office or those we crave the supple feeling that only genuine leather can provide, the Forbes Executive Chair is unrivaled in those respects.back to menu ↑
One thing that we are consistently asked at BTOD is which office chairs provide the best value. While people recognize that brands like Steelcase and Herman Miller make some of the best chairs, many find them too expensive. We are often asked which chairs we recommend in the $300-$500 range. This is a popular range because you are investing enough to get some good quality options, but you don’t have to break the bank with a name brand chair.
We have put together this list to give you our picks for the best chairs under $500, the best chairs under $400 and the best chairs under $300. Hopefully this list can provide you with an option that meets your needs, at your price point.