Best Folding Chair for Heavy Person – When it comes to outdoor adventures or camping, one of the essential camp gear is a folding chair for Heavy Person. Foldable camping chairs are not only portable but also allow you to sit comfortably and enjoy nature outdoors. Being light in weight, soft, and easy to carry during camping is an advantage to many outdoor enthusiasts. However, their 200-250lbs weight carrying capacity is a significant discomfort for heavy, tall, or bulky people who want to enjoy open-air.
Most people who weight more than 170 or 180 pounds find themselves slightly uncomfortable to buy and use camping chairs even when camping on a regular basis.
The reason for this discomfort is many camping chairs are just not made for people who weigh 200 pounds or more.
And no one wants to find themselves flat on the ground when trying to relax around the campfire.
Luckily there are a few chair manufacturers who make portable chairs for larger people.
Here is a look at what we feel is the best camping chairs for heavy people.
1.ALPS Mountaineering Chair
It’s called the King Kong chair for a reason, and you will feel like a king sitting in it, even if you are only the king of the gorillas. The chair is built to last, with a reinforced frame, durable material, and lots of comfort.
There are four colors to choose from, so you can color-coordinate with your other camping gear if you wish, blend in with nature, or stand out and make a statement. The steel frame is powder-coated, and the 600D polyester fabric is as sturdy as they come. Lots of stability and comfort.
The armrests have a lot of flexibility, cradling your arms and supporting them, and they each come with a cup holder and side pocket. Both armrests are adjustable too.
The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong is rated for up to 800 pounds, and folds down for easy and convenient transport and storage. The durable chair comes with a shoulder carry bag for you to get it to and from your perfect relaxing spot.
Weighing in at only 13 pounds, this is an easy-to-transport chair that will hold a lot of weight.
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame and 600D polyester fabric provides stability and comfort
- Each adjustable armrest comes with a cup holder and side pocket for maximum storage
- Includes convenient shoulder carry bag, allowing you to transport and store chair with ease
- The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong is on our best sellers list; you'll know why as soon as you take a seat
- Dimensions: 38" W x 20" D x 38" H, Weight: 13 lbs. ; Weight Capacity: 800 lbs. , Color: Khaki
- Sport Type: Cycling
Coleman has an excellent reputation when it comes to outdoor accessories. The Coleman Big-N-Tall Camping Chair is comfortable, durable, and stylish too.
You have a choice of two colors, one blending in and the other standing out a little more. You will also be impressed with the affordability of the chair, lots to love here, and a low-price too.
The oversized seat accommodates the largest person, and the feet are extra-large, too, providing lots of stability. You will not be cramped in when you are sitting, allowing you to sit comfortably for longer.
This chair is all about comfort. The size and height allow you to sit comfortably, but it is the extras that you will appreciate. The CellPort is designed to hold your cell phone and will keep it dry too. The Seat Drain system also allows the moisture and water to filter from the seat pad, keeping you dry when you do sit down again. There is a side pocket for any digital or print media, a cushioned back and seat, a strong steel frame, and adjustable arms.
The seat is rated for up to 600 pounds while remaining light. The durable camping chair comes with a carry bag, allowing for easy transport and storage. An excellent chair for the largest people out there.
- Extra-large camping chair provides ample space for lounging
- Oversized seat and large feet offer exceptional stability
- Seat Drain system empties collected standing water from the seat
- CellPort water-resistant cell phone sleeve for storing electronic devices in wet conditions
- Steel frame supports up to 600 pounds and provides long-lasting use
- Department Name: Unisex-Adult
- Included Components: Chair
- Carry Bag
- Material Type: Synthetic
3.Mossy Oak XL
Back to basics with this elegant camping chair. There are three colors to choose from, each representing a shade of nature, and the design brings comfort, stability, and ease-of-use.
Steel tubing has been used for the frame, and that steel is black powder coated for extra durability, and to also give a clean finish. The 600D polyester material is rated for up to 400 pounds, and will wick away moisture, drying quickly (something that is important when you are in the great outdoors). The fabric is double-layered in key areas, and there is a foam pad stitched into the back for extra comfort.
The seat is extra-wide, so you will not be pinched when you do sit. It folds and unfolds extremely quickly, perfect for camping, the beach, or your lawn at home. The Mossy Oak Camping Chair only weighs in at 8.5 pounds and comes with a black carry bag that will protect it while in storage and make it easy to take everywhere with you.
There is a built-in 4-can insulated cooler in the arm, zippered for easy access. On the opposite arm, there is a solid fabric cup holder, large enough for almost all drinks, and featuring a metal eyelet draining hole. A great chair to relax in comfort.
- DURABLE: Our camp chair is built from a steel tubing frame with black powder coating and 600D polyester material to support up to 400 lbs. The fabric is double layered in key areas and includes a foam upper back pad for comfort and support.
- COMFORTABLE: Over-sized camping chairs for heavy people provide a comfortable wide seat for enjoying your favorite outdoor activities. It also works great at home for replacing basic lawn chairs or for extra outdoor seating when entertaining guests.
- VERSATILE: Ideal camping chairs for adults to enjoy for football and baseball tailgating chair, soccer, or any other sports venue. This lightweight and collapsible chair is equally useful and convenient for hunting, fishing, or relaxing outdoors.
- PORTABLE: Weighing only 8.5 pounds, these oversized camping chairs are lightweight and packs away quickly in the included black carrying bag with draw cord opening and easy to carry shoulder strap.
- CONVENIENT: These camp chairs for adults feature a built-in 4-can insulated cooler with a dual zippered handle on the left arm, and a solid fabric, large cup holder with a metal eyelet drain hole on the right arm. The cooler can also make for storage.
You will love the look of this chair, with elegant style, and sleek lines, giving it a functional look that is tough and durable. Before we get into the real details of the chair, know that it is one of the most affordable on the market, and comes in a multitude of colors, both bright and muted.
The dual-lock chair brings lots of comfort and sturdiness. The seating has been designed not to sag, bringing you more comfort over time. The durable diamond ripstop fabric is resistant to rips and tears and will allow moisture to be wicked away too. It is perfect for any outdoor event.
The Kijaro XXL will support up to 400 pounds, but remains ultra-light thanks to the solid yet sleek steel tubing. The chair locks open for extra support, and locks closed for easier transport. It folds up nicely for storage and is easy to carry.
You always want a cup holder, and this camping chair comes with two, one mesh holder on each arm. There is also an organizer with zip, extra mesh pockets, and a carry strap and bag. A sleek chair that will go with you anywhere.
- This portable Dual Lock chair gives you a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop polyester, and breathable mesh on seat back
- The Dual Lock chair is perfect to take with you whether you are tailgating, camping, or watching your favorite sports teams
- Includes: 2 cup holders, organizer with zip & mesh pockets, carry strap attached to chair, and carry bag
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Locks open for extra stability/ Locks shut for easy transport
This is a chair that looks comfortable, and you will be delighted to know that it is comfortable too. There is a large seat (you will experience no pinching), soft Oxford fabric, and a lumbar support system that will support your back. Everything comes together to help you relax in style. It is so comfortable that we have even heard stories of people using the chairs in their homes.
The frame is crafted from high-strength steel tubes, and the metal on metal contact points add durability where lesser materials cannot. Add in the durable fabric, and you have a chair that can hold up to 350 pounds. You will be surprised, then, when you lift the chair to find that it is extremely light, only 11.3 pounds, to be exact.
The KingCamp Oversized Camping Chair folds and unfolds easily, helping you to pack up when you need to, and there is a carry bag included for easy transport and safe storage. A durable mesh cup holder in the arm lets you safely stow your open drink, and any spills or condensation can drip away as you relax. There is also an insulated cooler bag (big enough for three cans), and a side/back stash pocket.
The chair is comfortable enough to sit for long periods of time, and you have everything you need to relax at your fingertips.
- Breathable and durable Oxford fabric, seat width 20.8", height 18", good for anyone with knee pain. Heavy duty steel frame support 396 lbs, comfortable while various using of the directors chair
- A foldable side table, nested cup holder, water will not spill easily. A multi-functional side pocket, keep things tidy. Padded armrests help you get up from the outdoor camping chair quickly
- No tools needed! Easily grab the straps on both sides of the outdoor chair seat. Weight is 9.7 lbs, easy to carry to the beach, picnic, sports, or just put it in the backyard, cabin, deck
- The frame of the folding camping chair is coated with a waterproof outer layer to better protect the frame for longer use. Big foot covers bring more stable and non-slip, offer better grasp the ground
- A ideal gift. Adventures with friends, fishing, sports, concerts. Parties with family, picnics, car travel, tailgating, patio lawn. We are happy to improve our product, if you have any inconvenience, please feel free to let us know
6.EVER ADVANCED Chair
Built spacious and sturdy for your durability and comfort, this easy-folding quad chair is ideal for camping, picnic, or anywhere you need to have a seat. For your drink on a sunny day, there’s an adjustable cup holder built into the armrest, and the chair folds compactly into an included carry bag for easy storage and transport.
- Padded Seat & Back: thicker and wider paded seat and backrest are more comfortable and durable than ordinary mesh recliner, and improve load-bearing performance.It is friendly to heavy people.
- Zero Gravity Chair: the zero gravity recliner provides 160 ° adjustable posture, and the height adjustable headrest provides support for the neck or waist, which can reduce organ pressure and reduce discomfort during sedentary.
- Convenient Tray: the side table provide a temporary storage area and keep your cup, book, mobile phone or speaker within reach.
- No Assembly: easy to fold and compact, suitable for any indoor and outdoor occasions, such as pool, terrace, courtyard, office and study.
- Size: The lounge chair is 70"L and 22"W, and is suitable for people of various heights. Folding dimensions are 29.5"L x 6"W x 39.5 "H. The bearing capacity is 300 lbs.
What To Know Before Buying a Heavy-Duty Camping Chair
Type Of Chair
There are many different camping chairs out there, so it is good to know what you are getting into before purchasing one. The differences between the chairs can determine the weight they can carry and the features which can be included. Let’s take a closer look.
Traditional camping chairs are the most common and are the chair which you will see around most campfires and in most campgrounds. They have a sturdy build and are raised from the ground (usually at a similar height to regular chairs). They are comfortable, flexible, and can be folded for easy storage.
Portable camping chairs are similar to traditional chairs but more commonly sit closer to the ground. They are perfect for hunting and fishing, and anything else where you have to keep a low-profile. Being low to the ground, these chairs are sometimes hard to get out of, especially if you are a bigger guy.
Hybrid camping chairs are still collapsible camping chairs, but they often feature a lot of luxury features which make the chair more comfortable. This can make them bulkier and more expensive, so you will have to weigh up cost versus functionality.
Director’s Chairs look like the chairs that directors use on movie sets. They have a full seat, good sturdy back, and solid arms. The arms are usually rigid yet padded, so they can be comfortable, but offer more durability over time than comfort. The back keeps you in an upright position, protecting your back and posture, and the chair will fold flat for transport.
Construction And Materials
Regular camping chairs are strong and tough, but we are looking for extra-strong and extra-tough. We need chairs which are going to hold up under extreme conditions. You want the best chair out there. This often means a frame which is well put together and crafted from iron, steel, or aluminum.
For the best mix of weight and strength, we recommend powder-coated aluminum. This material is strong and light while being perfect for a folding chair.
Then we come to the part you sit in. You want to combine a strong frame with a supportive and comfortable seat material. Heavy-duty materials like polyester and nylon will cradle you while holding up to the elements too. You want a material which is waterproof and UV-resistant. Mesh fabrics will give breathability. Look for the stitching on the material; this is where the weak points are. Double-stitching is preferred. If you want more comfort than just the fabric, then you can look for extra padding too.
Comfort And Capacity
Most chairs are rated for capacity. Heavy-duty camping chairs are usually rated for 300 to 800 pounds. This capacity is usually below what the chair can actually hold, but we still do not recommend toeing the line. Choose a chair which can comfortably hold all of your weight to prevent the frame from becoming damaged over time. The more the chair can hold, the better it will be in the long run.
Choose a chair based on comfort, too. The chair should have the basic function of holding you, but that does not mean that it should not be as comfortable as possible. Back support is essential. You can also look for a chair which has a footrest so that you can put your feet up by the fire.
When you are relaxing, you want somewhere to store your belongings, such as phone, wallet, and keys. Look for a chair with pockets to store all of these items. A table is also handy and can be used to lay a book to read, a notepad to write, and snacks to eat. A cup holder is never an unwelcome addition for those hot or cold drinks by the fire.
Seat Height And Width
How often have you thought about the height of a seat?
Probably not very often. In fact, when we are buying chairs, we don’t often think about it, choosing by accessories and comfort instead, but seat height and width are all about your comfort. If you have ever sat in a chair for a long time, your comfort can suffer, especially if it is the wrong height or width.
If the seat is too high, your legs can hang down, and the backs of your thighs can press into the material. It can quickly become uncomfortable. This adds pressure to the backs of your knees and can cause damage over time.
A chair with a seat that is too low can also be uncomfortable. You may need to extend your legs instead of allowing them to sit in a natural position. This is especially true for larger people.
The width also adds to your comfort. Even an inch too narrow can cause the seat to pinch at you when you are sitting. If you are in doubt, always go for a chair that is too wide rather than a little too narrow.
If you are going on a long camping trip, then a chair which has a lot of portability is a welcome thing.
Does the chair fold up? How small and compact does it fold up? We find that the best chairs come with a bag which the chair can go into once it is folded. Camping chairs are generally not the smallest items in the world so a case with a handle or shoulder strap can set a chair apart from another.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty camping chair, then nothing says durability more than an extended warranty. If a product is built to last, then it will usually come with a warranty, some insurance that the company believes in their product.
A camping chair should not be something which you spend a whole lot of money on, but you always get what you pay for. The chairs on our list are not the cheapest chairs out there, but they are the most affordable. They are the chairs which will last you for a long time, saving you from repairs and replacements (and, let’s face it, you will likely be replacing a chair instead of repairing it).
So this was my current list with best camping chairs for heavy people. Many of them are with a similar structure, folding and with soft armrests. This type remains relatively large in one dimension only. The other type is with solid armrests and such chairs remain large in two dimensions when packed, but they become thin and you can store them in narrow spaces at home or in your trailer.
Other than that, this is just a matter of features and bonuses. So you might want to consider:
- Padding: Not all of them are padded but if this is about summer camping perhaps you do not need this.
- Storage pouches: This is always useful to have, the more the better.
- Cup holders: This is surely a bonus.
- Locking mechanisms. This extra bonus is rare, but it may be very useful to have.
- Carry bag: This is good to store the chair and keep it clean from dust at home, and also to carry short distances.
- Seat size: All of them are big, but there are differences so check the links in the text.
- Seat height: This is important if you are particularly tall or particularly short.
Then there is the price as well, but all of these chairs are quite affordable and with reasonable prices for what they offer. In any case, just follow the links to see more and to check for the updated prices.
This list will be updated regularly and new models will be added, so bookmark this page and visit it from time to time.
Portability is the feature that makes camping chairs very versatile in use; they are also ideal for tailgating, RVs, watching sports, festivals, and other outdoor activities. Everyone prefers an easy setup and fold up without requiring any tools. Go for camping chairs that fold up easily and quickly via the patent-pending easy fold technology where you just have to pull on the handle on the side or back of the seat to fold or unfold it. Although camping chairs are straightforward to set up, some chairs might take a little more time than others to unfold or pack.
Also, make sure that the chair is lightweight to carry as a solid steel rod frame adds on a slight weight. Though metal construction is sturdy to support heavy people, a 10-12lbs camping chair can’t be carried too far. If you plan on car camping, 5kg chair weight isn’t a big issue.
Though very quick to set up, it is better a buy a folding camping chair that comes with a locking mechanism. This locks the seat in position and prevents accidental folding while sitting. Setting the camp chair on an incline, slant, or some uneven surface might lead to falling. Choose the one that comes with flat non-slip feet and non-skid base frame for utmost stability even on rugged landscapes.
Consider some of the practical features that come along with camp chairs. Features like large storage pockets on sides or back are handy; they keep your gear and items like wallet, phone, keys, books, notepad, snacks, etc. off the ground. So having storage compartments in a portable camping chair offers space to set up items. Cup or bottle holders are best for those summer days; drinks are easily accessible at hand while sitting in the chair. Having everything at arm’s length is something all heavy people love.
I would put most chairs that cost over $40 in this category. There is a large variation in style, size and weight capacity in this category. These include quad chairs, director’s chairs and more traditional folding chairs. This category ranges from around 200-300 lb weight capacities. Depending on your size and how often you plan to use the chair, you may find the perfect chair for you.
Heavy Duty Camping Chairs
I’ll put all the chairs I recommend in this category. Like the standard duty chairs there are many different styles and features. I consider chairs rated at 300lbs or higher to be heavy duty. These chairs should last you for several years even with heavy usage. They also seem to be more stable even on ground that is uneven.
To keep your beverages fresh for a longer time, a cooling bag near armrest comes in very handy. Another rare but very functional added feature is an adjustable canopy for shade and UV protection during sunny days. Moreover, if you’re a fan of the rocking chair due to its relaxation and stress relief ability, there are some heavy-duty camping chairs with a rocking feature for all of your on-the-go adventures.
Camping has to be a fun and enjoyable experience, so don’t let a cheap-quality chair that doesn’t even support your weight, ruin the journey. Invest in portable, heavy-duty camping with a high weight limit to relax with complete peace of mind and enjoy nature. The above-listed five camping chairs for heavy people are lightweight, portable, yet so sturdy to manage big people with ease. Meets 99% needs of the big people! So durable, they are built to last for many years.
Best Folding Chair for Heavy Person – Who does not like camping? Is there anything better than pitching a tent in nature, cooking your supper over an open fire, and falling asleep under the stars? There is something about being out in nature which makes life worthwhile. Sometimes, you just need to get out there and get away from the lights and noise.
Now, being out in nature is about leaving the comforts of home behind, but if you are anything like we are, you appreciate a good spot to sit. Sitting on the ground is fine, but there is nothing better than pulling up a camping chair to the fire to warm yourself and find outdoor comfort.
For big and rugged guys, finding the perfect camping chair is not always easy. You need a durable and a heavy-duty chair which is strong and long-lasting, and that is exactly what we have found. The chairs on our list are as tough as you are.
Folding camping chairs currently on the market are typically with a weight capacity of around 300 lb (136 kg) or so. This may be good enough for most of the users but clearly, this cannot be strong enough for some heavy and large people. This is why I have decided to present this list with extra strong chairs with the capacity range mentioned above. They are strong because of their frames that are usually built from powder-coated steel, and because of their high-denier value fabric.
So why the upper limit of 1000 lb? This is simply because this is the upper limit available. I have not seen any chair on the market with a bigger capacity. Anyway, who would need it?
How about the lover 400 lb limit? Well, there is no particular reason except that I wanted to show a very exclusive group so this is well above the typical capacity mentioned above. If you need something with a lower capacity, please check my list with folding camping chairs.