Best Gaming Chair for Big People – With games like Fortnite, League of Legends, and DoTA 2 dominating streaming sites like Twitch.tv, gaming is becoming a new national pastime. If you have spent any time on streaming channels, then you’ll know all of the most popular streamers are using gaming chairs. These souped-up office chairs (let’s be realistic, that’s what they are!) are made with extra padding and reinforcement for extra comfort during long gaming sessions.
One problem though: most popular gaming chairs are better suited for gamers with a smaller frame and may not be large enough for those with larger bodies.
Many hours of sitting hunched over the game console or the PC has potential health risks. Bad posture and uncomfortable chairs can cause backache, stiff neck and shoulder pain which can distract you from your game. Having a comfortable gaming chair can make the difference in not just the comfort factor but can also help to improve the game.
Small seat beds, short seatbacks, and smaller load capacities are all issues bigger gamers run into when trying to find suitable chairs for big and tall guys.
1.Homall Office Chair
It’s hard to nab a really affordable gaming chair that’ll also work as a big and tall gaming chair, but the Homall High-Back Racing Chair manages to do about the best job you’ll find for a chair that costs just $150 and regularly goes on sale for even less. The main limiting factor here is going to be the width of seat, which is on the narrow side at just 14.5 inches. But, this chair will be an effective fit for taller gamers thanks to that seat’s 20.5-inch depth and the height adjustment from 17 to 22 inches.
What’s especially impressive is that Homall is delivering a gaming chair that can hold up to 300 pounds at this price. It still features a steel frame and a steady, five-star base like a lot of its competition, and there are even neck and lumbar pillows.
If you’re working at home or playing games, you’ll need a good, sturdy chair. Your day will be more productive if you have a comfortable chair to sit in while you work.
Although it is labeled as “leather”, the Homall swivel chair is actually made of polyurethane, which mimics leather in look and feel. Despite this, the quality is not compromised in any way, but if you’re looking for a leather chair, look elsewhere. With this chair, you’ll get an adjustable back and neck pillow, and comfortable rolling wheels.
Up to 300 pounds can be supported by this chair, which is standard for most of its kind. There are great contrasts between the colors in this chair. The back is 22 inches wide and 30 inches high, perfect for tall individuals. Also, the 20-inch wide seat makes mobility possible even while seated. The chair is good quality and very affordable.
Pros & Cons
- Seat Plus: Upgraded sunken surrounded wide seat provides a most soft sitting experience.
- Padded Armrests: 18.6” super-long padded armrests are greater than the length of the forearm plus the hand, which give your arms maximum comfort
- Ergonomic layering back: Streamlined back which fitted to the human spine provides the natural and comfortable sitting posture, layering design increases the level of appearance
- Maximum capacity: 300lbs, Size of Back: 21"X27.6"(LXW), Size of Seat: 21"X19.2"(LXW), Adjustable Height: 13.7" to 17.4"
- Applicable Places: This Homall office chair is suitable for the office, gaming room, living room, bedroom, the study and so on. It will make your space more modern and elegant.
2.AKRacing Masters Series
The AKRacing Max Gaming Chair provides a whole lot of seat, which will come in handy if you like to move around a bit or just enjoy the extra comfort of spreading your legs. Whereas many racing-style gaming chairs lock you into position, the AKRacing Max Gaming Chair just gives you room to lounge in with its 23.25-inch wide and 20.3-inch deep seat base. That seat is also packed with high-density foam for thorough support.
The chair has a tall back and supports up to 400 pounds, making it a solid fit for big and tall gamers. That all rests on an aluminum base for a sturdy support. You’ll also get the typical 4D armrests and lumbar and neck cushions of high-end gaming chairs as well as a deep recline and rocking function. AKRacing believes in its chair enough to back the PU leather against cracking and peeling with a five-year warranty and gives the steel frame an impressive 10-year warranty.
Pros & Cons
- Extra large size: wide metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with high-density cold-curved foam padding for maximum comfort and durability
- Top quality upholstery: PU leather on front and back - Easy to clean and guaranteed to last for at least 5 years backed by manufacturer warranty.
- 400 lbs weight capacity: advanced mechanism with adjustable rocking function and lockable tilt positions and custom heavy Duty gaslift can support up to 400 lbs.
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
- 4D armrests: adjustable in four directions: up & down, back & forth, in & out, and rotate to the sides.
- Overall Dimensions: 28.75 - 30.25" W x 23.25" L x 51.4 - 54" H
- Backrest: 24.35" W x 34.25" H | Seat: 23.25" W x 5" H
Another affordable chair for the bigger gamers out there, the Ficmax High-Back Ergonomic Gaming Chair is heavy-duty and offers a lot of padding. The chair’s construction is sturdy and its frame is made of a metal alloy, surrounded by layers of high-density foam for comfort and stability.
It is a bit more mobile than some other big gaming chairs for large men and has a 360-degree rotation and up to 180-degree recline, which is a nice touch for an aluminium alloy chair. This is probably because, despite it being described as a chair for “heavy” gamers, its weight capacity is only 300-pounds, which won’t be enough for many searching for high quality gaming chairs. The front part of the seat does not seem to have any contouring either, so you may find yourself slipping forward if seated upright.
Unlike a lot of other chairs on the market, the Ficmax has a built-in USB powered electric massage motor in its lumbar support pillow. Just plug it in and you get a nice lower back massage while gaming/working. While it is somewhat of a novelty, it can be a really nice edition, especially if your job requires being on your feet a lot.
It’s also got an extendable footrest. Unfortunately, the footrest can throw off the chair’s balance, but you can remove it while not in use. Speaking of removing things, some pieces, such as the wheel casters, are prone to breaking. Ficmax does offer a one year warranty on parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame, though.
Pros & Cons
- ✔Fits your style: Tilt, rock or swivel, adjust at your own pleasure.
- ✔Premium Quality Material: Dirt & fade resistant PU leather & 4.8-inch thick high-density memory foam.
- ✔Built to last: Complete metal framework & Heavy duty wheelbase. Class 4 hydraulic piston (Max capacity: 350 LB).
- ✔Designed for Comfort: 180 degrees full tilt mechanism. Retractable footrest, adjustable armrest, and large seat cushion. Complimentary neck pillow & USB powered lumbar massage pillow.
- ✔EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE: Instructions included in the package. Ficmax offers 24/7 Customer Service. Any issue to gaming chair, please feel free to email us for solution. 1-month Free return, 1-year limited warranty on replacement parts
The KILLABEE Big and Tall is an impressive wide gaming chair, standing almost 53 inches tall and weighing almost 60 pounds. The alloy frame is very tough and the ultra-thick seat bed is made out of springy memory foam that, over time, adapts to the shape of your butt and hips. It even includes two adjustable pillows for lumbar and neck support.
Like the Ficmax, the KILLABEE has a USB powered massage device built into the lumbar support pillow and an retractable footrest. It has a very wide back which is good for those with broad shoulders, though the seat bed might be too wide to be comfortable for some.
The armrests are adjustable, but they don’t have a switch so you might find yourself accidentally shifting them while moving around in the chair. We don’t really understand why this is part of the chair’s design– it’s probably one of the chair’s biggest drawbacks.
The chair also does not have much vertical adjustability; I guess in that way it does way more for the “Big” part of their target audience than their “Tall” part. It does has a wide recline range, but again, for bigger bodies, this may mean more potential fault points in the frame.
The memory foam seat is very soft, but the PU leather gets dirty easily, which can make the seat feel tacky and sticky. Luckily, it can be washed with most normal cleaning solutions, and nothing special is required.
Pros & Cons
- ★ 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL gaming chair】 - sized at 27. 6” wide x 27. 1” deep x 48. 4” – 51. 2” high, with a 21. 3”W x 20. 1”D seating area and high backrest (21. 3”W x 31. 9”H), our ergonomic gaming chair with Retractable footrest was designed for superior functional comfort as it features a multitude of adjusting Systems and comfy seating. Ideal for long gaming sessions, our office chair is also perfect for your computer desk, long hours of office work and for great relaxation anywhere you Need it
- ★ 【luxurious comfort with massage lumbar Cushion】 - Boasting a thick soft Seat cushion - Retractable padded footrest - thickened armrests and Ultra High backrest which gently hugs your body while aligning and supporting your spine and neck – Our gaming chair provides ultimate comfort. The adjustable lumbar Cushion with the innovative USB electric massager implant effectively relieves fatigue and takes your comfort level to luxurious heights
- ★ 【HIGHLY adjustable - customize to your needs】 - You can easily adjust our gaming chair with the Height Regulating mechanism to meet the needs of your computer desk or office. You can further customize our racing chair as it boasts a 360° swivel and Back angle and Recline locking system to Lock the Back at any angle between 90 – 175 degrees. Easily customizable to suit your needs, You can comfortably work, read or play, watch a movie or simply kick Back and relax
- ★ 【STURDY, secure high Quality office chair】 - constructed with attention to detail and using exclusively premium Quality materials, our gaming chair is sturdy, highly durable, Very secure and to last you for years. The integrated metal frame, top Quality nylon base with smooth- rolling caster wheels and explosion-proof gas Spring of international standards provide a superiorly stable structure that boasts a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs
- ★ 【risk free purchase】 - offering you excellent after-sales service with a customer support team ready to assist you with any queries you may have and 1 year on parts - You can order your massage reclining gaming chair by KILLABEE today with peace of mind! Click “add to cart” now and gift yourself with the most comfortable and innovative chair you’ll never want to get up from
5.Vertagear P-Line 6000
The VERTAGEAR P line of heavy-duty gaming chairs is built to last, the PL 6000 included. The heavy duty frame/base is made of a reinforced steel alloy and is rated for a max capacity of 440 pounds.
The PVC leather seat of the VERTAGEAR is perforated with holes that let the chair breathe and keep your butt cool. While the same can’t be said of the PU leather back, it’s not unique on this list when it comes to PU leather backs.
It somewhat lacks in vertical adjustability but the arms are adjustable in 4 directions, which is a huge win in terms of ergonomics and comfortability. Unfortunately, the back seat is not reclinable, but it does flex a bit so you can at least lean back a small amount.
Pros & Cons
- Industrial-strength heavy duty metal base frame to withstand up to 200KG/ 440 lbs
- Steel Frame and Ultra Premium HR(High Density) Resilience Foam
- Reinforced 5-star base – redesigned and constructed from a heavy-duty aluminum alloy material that assures a solid structure
- Effortless assembly – “slide-in” design creates a quick one-person installation process
- Cushioned and contoured to the Shape of the Arm with adjustability in 4 directions
6.KCREAM Gaming Chair
The KCream gaming chair is one of our favorite gaming chairs for a reason. It blew away our expectations in every respect, from build quality, comfort, to features for its price point.
Let’s start with build quality, something that big and tall gamers should pay special attention to. In that respect, the KCream is definitely one level above most of its peers in the $200 price range. The chair was as stable as a tank, and in the course of 6 months that we tested it exhibited none of those annoying creaking or squeaking noises that happen with other cheaper gaming chairs.
The chair also earns high marks in the comfort department, even for large folks. The seat cushion is 5″ thick, blowing away competing chairs like the GTracing out of the water. The armrest are wide, and the 33″ tall backrest should make this chair comfortable for people as tall as 6’3″.
Pros & Cons
- KCREAM Gaming Chair is designed for office use or by gamers, with high quality materials selected and well workmanship, whether is used for intense gaming sessions or long days at work, our chair will provide you good comfort and convenience.
- Premium Make : Select integrated one piece steel frame and quality wood board, ensure 300 pounds weight capacity for long-lasting use. High density sponge and PU leather surface, comfortable to sit. BIMFA certified gas lift and nylon star base, durable and reliable.
- Product Functions : Backrest reclines up to 155 degree, with locking mechanism; 15 degree rocking function; 2D adjustable armrests; Extendable footrest; Massage lumbar support; Seat height adjustment and 360 degree swivel;
- Product Dimensions : Overall Height: 49.80'' - 52.95''; Seat Height: 19.09'' - 22.24''; Armrests Height: 24.02'' - 26.97''; Backrest Size: 21.26'' x 32.68'' (WxH); Seat Size: 15.20'' - 20.48'' (WxD); Package Size: 33'' x 25'' x 13''; Package Weight: 55 LB.
- Excellent After-Sale Service : Free return within 30 days since the purchase day. Free replacement for any defective/broken parts within 12 months.
What To Look For In A Chair For Big Gamers
Before you buy a gaming chair, there are actually several things you want to keep on eye out for. Thankfully, unlike most computer related products, they are pretty straightforward, but that doesn’t mean they’re less of a pain to keep track of when searching through a bunch of different chairs.
The most important thing to check out is the maximum weight capacity for chairs. Most gaming chairs top out at 250 pounds. This, along with the chairs being shorter and narrower, makes them less fit for larger gamers.
In contrast, most plus-sized gaming chairs can support in excess of 300 pounds. Some of the better gaming chairs on our list can even support up into the 400 pound range. We recommend getting a chair whose weight limit is about 50 pounds more than your average weight.
Gaming chairs are normally prized for their adjustability. However, for big gamers this can be somewhat of a double-edged sword. In particular, chairs that allow you to lean back can compromise the structural integrity of the chair.
The main reason why big gamers need particular chairs aside from a higher weight capacity is that many normal chairs are just too narrow or short to comfortably fit your frame. That’s why chairs for big gamers are normally larger than average, featuring a wider seat and a taller/wider back.
While all of the chairs on this list are extra tall and extra wide, they aren’t uniform. Some are taller, others are shorter. Some are wider, others are narrower. If you’re uncertain at any point, then it is probably best to double check.
Lastly, bigger gamers need a chair that can handle more stress than normal chairs. The best heavy duty gaming chairs typically have an interior metallic frame which keeps the chair’s shape and gives it the ruggedness it needs to withstand the test of time. Unfortunately, this also means heavy-duty gaming chairs are heavy.
Make sure you check product reviews so you can get something that will last. Just because something is made with metal doesn’t mean it actually had a good design. For instance, many companies like to go cheap on the casters despite them being the component that holds the entire chair up.
If you’re on the large side for a gamer, you’re not going to want to run out and just pick whatever chair everyone else is getting. If you’ve ever felt the minor discomfort of sitting in a chair that was clearly built for smaller people, you’ll quickly discover that a lot of that is exacerbated by the racing style of gamer chairs.
There are a lot of design elements to racing style chairs that can get very uncomfortable if it’s too small for you, and some may not be obvious right away if you just test one out briefly. So let’s take a look at specific things you should look for to make sure you’re getting a chair that’s going to work for you.
Everyone who plays a lot knows that it’s best to be as comfortable as possible, and a reclining mechanism on your gaming chair will do just that. All of the best gaming chairs have a recline function that allows you to tilt back your chair to a near lie-flat position or all the way down to a full 180-degree, lie-flat position. All you have to do is to lean back, find the right position, and lock the back of the chair. As for how far the particular model can go, you can expect it to tilt from 135 degrees all the way down to 180 degrees. Additionally, most of these chairs, including the GTRACING Big and Tall Gaming Chair, also have a rocking function that simply just lets you rock in your chair while you are relaxing in it.
Make sure that the chair supports your weight and then some. See the maximum weight capacity as we’ve listed for each chair, and then also see if the chair fits your size by clicking the “read more specs” button.
You probably already know the answer. Not for long. Try to move around every once in a while and keep yourself active even when sitting on your chair. Take some water every few minutes so you have to go pee regularly, which will force you to leave the chair and somewhat be active throughout your sitting sessions.
Why not? Big guys usually need the chair the most, honestly. So a gaming chair perfectly makes sense for anyone, especially if you’re a big guy who’s a big overweight or just taller or healthier than an average person.
If you, as a big guy, get a gaming chair that does support your weight and still has some more weight capacity, it should last you like any other normal chair that’s for smaller guys. But if you don’t get a chair that supports your weight, then the chair will probably last shorter than it’s expected lifespan.
One of the first and easiest things to make sure you’re getting is a strong enough chair. Check the max load capacity of the chair to ensure it’s strong enough to hold you up. It’s a good idea to get one that offers a bit of a buffer so the chair’s not always operating near its limit.
You’ll also want to make sure you’re getting a wide enough seat. Many racing chairs have bucket seats that have lightly padded metal bolsters at either side, and if that seat is too narrow, the bolsters are going to dig into your thighs and hips. That can either be immediately uncomfortable or it can wear on you over time, as we’ve discovered during many long workdays testing these types of chairs out.
What are the main advantages of big and tall gaming chairs?
The biggest advantage of any big and tall gaming chair is clearly its ability to last much longer than regular chairs. When you’re paying over $150, you’re going to want a product that will last at least a few years. The best big and tall gaming chairs will do just that. Another advantage of these chairs is that they are able to withstand more pressure and weight. As you’ve seen from our list, all of these gaming chairs have a weight capacity of at least 265 pounds, and it goes all the way up to 400 pounds. Thus, the durability you get from these chairs is unmatched, and this is the reason why you should invest in one of them.
Are big and tall gaming chairs comfortable for smaller people?
The answer to this simply depends on the model of the chair. Some gaming chairs are specifically better suited for taller and bigger people, as noted with the high seatbacks and the wider seats. There can be some kind of limitation, so smaller people might feel them less comfortable. However, if a smaller person still can find the right posture in the gaming chair like this, then it should be no problem. The only thing is that you’ll probably have to keep in mind is to make numerous adjustments to the chair to find the right settings. You don’t want to be playing for hours on end to find out that your neck is sore because the headrest pillow isn’t low enough for you or that your shoulders are starting to ache because your armrests are too high.
Is it hard to adjust a gaming chair?
Adjusting your big and tall gaming chair is really not that difficult. However, we should point out that while it can get tempting to get into a comfortable and lazy position in your gaming chair, you should try to achieve proper posture in order to avoid any possible strain or pain. Adjusting the back tilt is crucial because it will ensure that your back is in a good posture, but you’ll also want to make sure that the lumbar cushion is in the right spot (curve of your lower back) as well. It’s also quite easy to tilt the backrest to the angle you want. With some gaming chairs, you can tilt all the way down to 180 degrees and back to an upright position very easily.
It’s definitely worth making sure the seat will be wide enough to fit you, checking to ensure that a chair’s listed width doesn’t include those bolsters (don’t worry, we’ve looked out for that on the chairs in this list). Better still, you can find some big and tall gaming chairs that don’t have these bolsters, and that’s a good sign the chair maker knows who they’re building for.
Mind your height as well. Your vertical adjustments are going to play a big part in your comfort as well as your ergonomics. You’re going to want to ensure the seat is deep enough to come close to the backs of your knees (without pressing into them), tall enough to let your lower legs drop straight to the floor while still touching it, and with a long enough backrest to support your spine. A short backrest may seem like a small problem at first, but if the lumbar and neck pillows as well as the curves of the seatback don’t line up with the curve of your spine and shoulder it will impact your posture.
If you want to ensure you’re going to get good ergonomics, you may want to also check that the height range from the floor the top of the armrests overlaps with the height of your desk, as this keeps your arms level with your mouse and keyboard — less of a concern if you’re playing with a controller, though.
Keeping all these aspects in mind when you’re choosing your chair should help you find one that’s big enough and tall enough to live up to your needs.
As a big and tall gamer, you might not be able to buy the average gaming chair, but that hardly means you have no options. The 13 chairs we showcased in this article prove that no matter your budget, you can find an amazing gaming chair that’s comfortable, ergonomic, and sure to win you some cred among your gaming buddies.
Whether you’re an office worker, esports champion, or casual gamer, having a sturdy gaming chair is essential for your all-day-long comfort. However, unlike regular gaming chairs, finding a proper heavy-duty gaming chair for heavier people might be pretty challenging.
Big and tall gaming chairs can support a significant amount of weight, and they have much bigger, thick-padded seat and backrest areas to ensure you feel comfortable during long gaming sessions. Often, they also come with retractable footrests and lumbar massage pillows to help you get the most out of your purchase.
With these criteria in mind, we created a list of the best big and tall gaming chairs on the market to help you find a heavy-duty gaming chair that would suit your needs and budget. After hours of research, we selected these chairs based on their comfort, durability, stability, weight capacity, and price. Scroll down to find out more.
Best Gaming Chair for Big People – There are so many gaming chairs that might seem like they can do the job for us big and tall gamers, but the reality is a lot of them are built for more average sizes who don’t need as much seat space, as much support, and as tall a back rest. Getting a seat that’s properly large enough and provides ergonomic support can make a huge difference for you in long-term comfort and also help avoid potential strains.
If you’re a big and tall guy, then finding the best gaming chair that fits your frame can be pretty difficult. You need a chair with quality materials that last, various adjustment features, and a sturdy frame with the high weight capacity.
Once you immerse yourself in a game, you can quickly lose hours if not the whole day exploring in-game worlds, competing with others, and unlocking achievements.
Your current computer chair just doesn’t cut it for those kinds of activities. Whether you game just for fun or you’re a Twitch streamer, you need a chair that suits your body type. Which gaming chairs should you consider?
We’ve rounded up a great selection of chairs that won’t come up short when it comes to giving big and tall gamers a place to rest their bones. With these gaming chairs, you’ll find wider seats, tall backs, and higher load capacities. You won’t have to miss out on the classic gaming chair style or other common features, like 4D armrests, to get a big and tall gaming chair either. As you’ll see below, these chairs keep up with the best standard-size chairs .