Best Gaming Chair for Tailbone Pain – To create our guide for the best office chairs for tailbone pain, we focused on the following key features: seat cushion, seat height, lumbar support, materials, and additional features. We know that a quality seat cushion goes a long way towards reducing coccyx pain, just like seat adjustments and lumbar support. Likewise, being able to access other features like a recline function can help to give your back a break and allow you to rest for brief periods throughout the day. Keep reading to learn more about our criteria and to shop from our recommendations.
Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair is our best pick which is designed with durable and strong plastic anchors which can hold professionally the areas where comfort is needed – specifically the lumbar support.
It has a flexibility score more than any other ergonomic chair in a row and operates with you in whichever direction you are moving, or want to. The back slit tilts away as soon as you take a seat in it which pushes the front out – hence, encourage proper relaxation once you are in it.
Its capacity for covering the lumbar as a whole never puts a burden on the tailbone which is already suffering bad-time. You can adjust seat depth, armrests, seat height, and backrests to any extent you think is good for supporting your back.
Steelcase is known for its premium quality products that prove ultimately a solution to figure out back pains and other complications. This chair also has a body comparatively stronger and supportive than other ergonomic plastic models to manage sitting conveniently.
You will also experience seat padding which is neither thick nor thin and remains breathable. Therefore, there are no chances you are getting heated or over-sweating during long-term sitting.
The backrest and seat are equally padded and covered with soothing fabric which promises to be 100% polyester, thus no chance here you are getting pilings over stuff.
It is a multi featured chair and has quick adjustments and rotations, such as moveable armrests, lumbar support controller, height adjustment lever, and 5 position locks, that you will get in one package at all!
Steelcase leap fabric chair is the ultimate solution for tailbone pain due to its extreme features related to supporting only the lumbar region. If it is not late to buy a new chair, then consider this choice to stay safe from any future backaches!
Pros & Cons
- Buzz2 fabric is 100% polyester
- Wheels for carpet flooring
- Ergonomic chair – features include adjustable seat depth, fully adjustable arms, height adjustable lumbar, lower back firmness control, pneumatic seat height adjustment, recline tension adjustment, 5 position recline lock, upholstered back and seat
- All day comfort and back support - Leap's contoured backrest changes shape as you move to support your entire spine, ensuring long-term comfort
- Quality & durability – designed to withstand 24/7 use while providing maximum comfort
2.Serta AIR Health
Serta Air Health and Wellness Executive Office chair is an appreciated model of Serta whose primary goal is to earn ease for its users by bringing air pillow support from the back and throughout the complete tailbone.
If your budget is not so high and your demand is a chair that can suit your height as none other chair has proved equally supportive to be long enough to sustain neck comfort. You need not be worried anymore.
Serta executive office chair has a big backrest and stylish finish with supportive features you can get under an extremely reasonable price tag. (Hit your problems right away!)
The appearance of this chair is simple yet definitely assembled with the backrest scaled higher and provides top-notch relief to the complete posterior.
Be happy because you don’t need to add extra pillows near lumbar where actually the coccyx is irritating you. The chair has an integrated pillow on the back which seems like an outgrown bend of the backrest and pushes your spine without being stiff on touching.
Do not think extra if your height is short. You can also conveniently go with its structure. Simply adjust the height, using cable levers, to a position where your feet touch the floor and reduce pain originating from the end of the spine.
It is an easy option for office workers with bad tailbone pain. By fixing a desirable position using a pneumatic lift beneath the chair, you can scale your backbone up without stiffing it to grow painful for long-term sitting.
Pros & Cons
- PROFESSIONAL AND COMFORTABLE: Ergonomic desk chair with layered body pillows and padded armrests. Min/Max Seat Height : 19.5" to 23.25"
- AIR LUMBAR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to provide back support and help improve posture
- EXECUTIVE STYLE: Bonded leather with contrast stitching.Material of Frame:Wood
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Seat-side cable-actuated levers offer convenient height and tilt adjustments
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Multi-surface, dual-wheel designer casters make it easy to move around
If you want a chair with a professional design and which ensures the stability of sitting for a long run, we have tested the Steelcase gesture chair to be a perfect fit so far.
Its ergonomic features collectively help you release aches from the back once you end up positioning yourself in a posture that your back is relaxing on the backrest, height is supportive and feet are touching the ground.
The overall body is plastic-made and allows movements in all directions with easy adjustment options.
Your best comfort to the lumbar for reducing extra burden over coccyx can be provided through Steelcase gesture’s armrests, seat depth, and height adjustment screws that are easily reachable while you are calmly sitting in it.
The seat comfort is an amazing factor in this chair which promises to provide skin-friendly fabric and comfy seat padding.
While sitting to get a quick nap, place your arms over armrests that are adaptive to 4d movement and made of durable plastic.
It is true that the complete chair is covered with plastic. But this plastic is sufficient to provide equal comfort to areas where flexibility is required, such as pelvic and shoulder. Also, metal features, including tilting mechanisms and height levers are upholstered with a plastic layer to give a cleaner view overall.
You can lock the position at 7 different points you think where your tailbone feels more satisfaction to stand. It makes it a compatible chair among the stocks we are reviewing.
You can choose Steelcase gesture chair for all back pain types as it is confident to provide luxurious sitting involving both its attractive structure and manageable features.
Pros & Cons
- Connect fabric is 100% polyester
- Wheels for carpet flooring
- Ergonomic chair – features include adjustable seat depth, fully adjustable arms, pneumatic seat height adjustment, recline tension adjustment, 4 position recline lock, shell back and seat, light/light frame color scheme
- All day comfort and back support - Gesture’s seat and back move as a synchronized system, following your body as you move throughout the day to ensure long-term support
- Quality & durability - designed to withstand 24/7 use while providing maximum comfort
4.DRAGONN by VIVO
If you are facing extreme trouble with your tailbone that even no backrest of chair can heal, we have Dragonn by Vivo Ergonomic Kneeling chair, which is such an affordable treatment for your lower extremities complications while sitting.
The chair is very easy to connect all its components and comes directly for use.
You will be impressed by its supportive style which is different from other office chairs and doesn’t have a backrest and armrests at back or around.
Sit on its downward sloping seat and put your knees over knee pads filled with comfortable padding in front so that your feet are moving backward, pushing your spine forward and reducing strong pangs occurring in back joints (just appropriately built for tailbone pain sufferers).
Your big contribution to spine problems including tailbone pain and disc slips comes from inappropriate sitting while performing desk tasks.
This kneeling chair has 2X padding support and comfort for both knees and seat which limits the bending possibility of the spine like no other.
There is a screw behind the seat for seat height adjustment and this frame excluding padding is pure metal which is firmly constructed to bear weights up to 250lbs.
Instead, you deal with armrests, backrest height, and lumbar depth in the seat, this kneeling chair doesn’t demand this all management. It is a heavy-duty, simple, yet effective seat you can have everywhere as it is easy to carry from one location to another.
If you are bored with the same chair look and also want to bring a new one that understands your current instability of tailbone, here is your choice in the form of DRAGONN by VIVO kneeling ergonomic chair. Just grasp it for living a better working life!
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic Kneeling Chair - We’ve got your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind!) Your ergonomic kneeling chair is equipped with a mesh three-inch thick cushion to ensure excellent support. It features 4 casters (wheels) so you have the freedom to move – just like your old office chair! Please Note: You will use different muscles in a kneeling chair, so it’s best to acclimate yourself when first using or switch positions throughout the day.
- Better Posture While Tilted - There is no reason to hunch over your keyboard or desk for hours on end anymore. This posture chair has a functional design that gives you the posture benefits of standing and the relief of sitting all in one. It will keep your back at an upright position, distributing your weight evenly throughout your buttocks and legs, all while keeping your spine aligned.
- Heavy Duty - This ergonomic kneeling stool is designed with a strong metal base and is constructed to last. Your new rolling kneeling chair supports up to 250 lbs.
- Modern Design - With a sleek all black style – your new kneeling stool is perfect fit for your home, office, classroom, or anywhere you need a little extra support!
- Height Adjustable - You can adjust the DRAGONN chair to the size that suits you. It ranges from 21" to 31", allowing you to find the perfect position. Once you sit in our ergonomic chair, you will wonder why you didn't get this earlier.
5.Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair
If you are appointed to overlook managerial tasks in summer and handling hours of work which can be highly stiff for your tailbone and make you sweat, here is the best choice you can consider right away which is Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair.
It is meshed and designed very simply so that anyone buying it can understand its features without reading details mentioned in the description.
Among all meshed chairs ensuring complete airflow to sustain comfortable and ventilated sitting, Duramont is highly featured and has many more to assist your posture while making yourself active on the desk for multiple hours.
The chair has a tilting limiter while reclining you to a suitable position. It also has height adjustments through simple handles that you can get assembled right beneath your seat.
The armrests are an ordinary design but can permit two-directional movement when you are tired of placing your arms in the same state for hours.
Douramont doesn’t support the extensive features that other professional chairs have. It still operates in a way where your lumbar is extremely relaxed and finds support to reduce tailbone stiffness. Hence, it has been adopted by hundreds of users with five-star reviews!
As far as value goes, the Duramont seemed more like the “you get what you pay for” brand. When the Duramont suits your budget and you are taller, you might want to consider it.
Pros & Cons
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS — Unlike the office chairs sold by our competitors, which allow you to either fully recline or sit upright, we have a SECOND adjustment lever that allows you to lock in your desired recline angle at ANY degree. That way, you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you.
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
An amazing and unique style of saddle chair is HAG Capisco Adjustable Standing Desk Chair which is extremely comfortable for executing podcasts and doing more desk work in less time.
Its body is designed considering human comfort as a priority and you will see that the back has a template that seems like human parts supporting the back.
Similarly, the seat is shaped from where your thighs are free to move without being covered up to your knees – which is a really exceptional thing you would ever experience in a chair.
So, if you have no time adjusting to the many and many features we usually have in ordinary chairs, just go with this option and you will enjoy it while feeling differently and at ease for the tailbone.
The HAG Capisco Standing Desk chair is the right choice for tall and extra tall people who have to frequently face height problems in chairs. But with this chair, you will get composition components consisting of only two things; backrest and seat, while there is nothing to bother and adjust at all.
It has a seat height of 22.5″ – 33″ with an 18.5″ backrest which is a great thing to stay above the ground at a maximum position and slaying at a very minor angle while your feet are touching the ground.
At the base, there are rolling casters for moving over all surfaces, whether softwood or hardwood carpet. It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds which makes it highly durable and firm. So be ready to support your back wherever you are appointed to run an hours job!
HAG Capisco Standing desk chair is an overall trendy choice mostly adopted by youngsters. But if you are buying it for the elderly, there are more chairs with complete components you can consider than this.
Pros & Cons
- PERFECT FOR: Shifting between sitting and standing at an adjustable or standing height desk – seat height 22.5" – 33" with 18.5" backrest
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Award winning design, Capisco's soft and wide saddle seat promotes healthy blood flow and encourages movement to sit forwards, backwards or sideways
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Seat height, seat depth, back height and back tilt allows for maximum healthy sitting positioning with a maximum weight of 250 pounds
- COMES WITH: 10.4" lift height and 5 star base with breaking casters suitable for both hardwood and low-pile carpet
- ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY: Made from 50% recycled material and is 90% recyclable
Things You Must Know About the Best Office Chair for Tailbone Pain Before Buying
It is better to know which components in a chair can make it reliable for posterior support. So you can ensure them and then pick the one and best option for getting a convenient sitting style that never puts pressure on the coccyx to hit the tailbone in return.
Here are some important features you need to know before buying the best office chair for tailbone pain:
Structure and Material
Do not miss to check what the structure of the chair is and if it seems relevant to your needs or not. For this, we have mentioned above different seat designs including advanced ergonomic office chairs, kneeling chairs, and ball chairs. They all are different and support different types of back pain or tailbone pains.
So you can pick from them understanding the nature of your tailbone pain and comparing it with structure support for that area.
Since a long backrest will work the same way to support your tailbone as it is done by short backrests. So never bother this thing you are going to get high backrests in order to support your lumbar.
Just sitting comfortably and pushing optimally to the last bone of the spine or coccyx will be good to go with your tailbone relief. Consider as well, the chair you are using has sufficient room for seating and doesn’t resist or feel rock line to the body.
Composition and Built Quality
Have a look at the material used for providing comfort to the lower back or tailbone. Since flexibility matters to regain tailbone agility, it is better to go with a material that allows movement and relaxation at the same time!
Also, check out the built quality of the chair. Most chairs have steel and aluminum mechanisms for tilting which is sometimes directly exposed in real material while sometimes covered in a plastic sheet.
Choose the chair whose plastic body is durable and firm. You can also check plastic durability by comparing it with the weight limit mentioned in the product description. The greater the weight capacity, the stronger will be the plastic to bear heavy weight over it.
It is important to note down lumbar strength given to the user as tailbones come directly to fit in the lumbar area. Therefore it must be comfortable, strong, qualified for adjustabilities, and overall a good spot in the chair.
Many chairs have plastic support right behind the seat near the lumbar region to hold your back perfectly when it fits in the seat. You can also say that the ease you feel while tailbone pain when sitting on a chair is just the reflex of its better lumbar support.
One that provides lumbar height locks and position adjustments is the finest to buy from the rest of the stock.
Tailbone pain is no laughing matter because it’s hard to concentrate on your work when you’re uncomfortable. To create our guide, we focused on the following key features — seat cushion, seat height, lumbar support, materials, and additional features.
While the best seat cushion is one with a coccyx u-shaped cut out, it’s not always easy to find chairs with those types of cushions. So we looked at cushions that featured a waterfall edge or offered thicker of high-density foam or memory foam. Likewise, we looked for seats with adjustable depth controls or synchro-tilt, since this helps to ensure you’re sitting with proper posture at any angle.
The seat height is also important since sitting too high off of the floor can cause your feet to dangle and create uncomfortable pressure points on your hips, legs, and back. All of our seats offered an adjustable seat height with the range varying from three to five inches of adjustability. In some cases, the backrest can be independently raised or lowered from the seat, but this isn’t always a standard feature.
Lumbar support is an important feature that goes hand in hand with helping to minimize tailbone pain. The best chairs should allow for lumbar adjustments. But all of the picks in our guide offered built-in lumbar support. We also highlighted additional features such as deeper recline ranges, tilt-locks, and more intuitive controls that make using an ergonomic office chair that reduces tailbone pain easier.
And finally, we considered the materials. By and large, mesh-combination chairs are the most popular because they’re breathable and tend to be the most affordable. But we also included a variety of upholstered chairs ranging from faux leather executive office chairs to fabric upholstered models that offer a sleek or more sophisticated effect.
- Seat Cushion
Hands down, the most important factor if you’re struggling with tailbone pain is going to be a comfortable seat cushion. This is especially important if you sit for prolonged periods. If a seat is too hard, it’s going to create pressure on your tailbone or coccyx, leading to the pain and discomfort that you want to avoid. So, look for seats that feature plush cushioning, and if possible a “u-shape” cut out which helps to ensure that your tailbone isn’t being compressed.
- Seat Height
Office chairs with an independent backrest that can be adjusted separately from the seat are going to be preferable. While these will be premium options that cost more than an average office chair, your back will thank you. But you’ll also need to think about your height compared to the height adjustment range of the actual seat, as well as the backrest. Taller people may need to look for chairs with larger seat height adjustment ranges.
- Lumbar Support
Along with a supportive seat cushion, you should look for an office chair with proper lumbar support so that your spine maintains its natural curve. While most office chairs offer a fixed lumbar support insert, it’s possible to find more premium models that allow for lumbar support adjustments for the proper back support for your needs.
- Additional Features
Depending on the type of chair you’re selecting, a footrest can be a great option if you intend to sit in your chair for long periods. Also, consider options like reclining office chairs, adjustable armrests, or those with a tilt-lock feature that allows you to adjust your sitting positions.
Office chairs are available in multiple materials. The most common options are leather, faux leather, fabric, and mesh. Mesh fabric is very popular because it’s the most breathable and tends to be cheaper. But you can still find great office chairs that minimize tailbone pain in executive styles or other upholstery options.
What type of chair should you sit in with tailbone pain?
The best office chairs for coccyx pain should have shorter seats or with a coccyx cut out in the seat cushion that looks like a u-shape. While you can also use kneeling chairs, you’ll want to make sure that you pick a kneeling chair with a coccyx cut out or one that allows you to sit in a reverse position. Also, consider opting for a balance ball or even a Gaiam classic ball chair to help alleviate back pain.
Why does my chair hurt my tailbone?
It’s not just that your chair is hurting the actual tailbone, but that you’re creating discomfort for the two ligaments associated with your coccyx — the sacrotuberous and sacrospinous ligaments. When you have periods of prolonged sitting on a hard surface or rise from a seated position, these ligaments can become irritated, leading to lower back pain.
How do you sit with an injured tailbone?
Tailbone pain is frustrating, and is often caused by a combination of poor posture and sitting in the wrong types of chairs for long periods. But proper posture can help to minimize discomfort. Sit with your back against your chair with your feet flat on the floor. This helps to take the pressure and weight off of your tailbone. Likewise, when you sit down, lean forward as you take your seat. And you can also invest in a supportive coccyx pillow insert with a u-shaped cutout to help support your tailbone and minimize pressure and discomfort.
Can a chiropractor help with tailbone pain?
Yes, a chiropractor can help to properly align your spine — including the tailbone. If switching to an ergonomic chair or prioritizing your posture doesn’t help to alleviate your discomfort, you should consider speaking with a chiropractor to create a treatment plan to provide pain relief for back and neck pain.
Can an ordinary chair help reduce tailbone pain?
An ordinary dining chair or table chair cannot be as effective as an office chair as it doesn’t support many features supported by ergonomic office chairs.
You would have to place extra pillows in seats near or around the lumbar when sitting in an ordinary chair. The wooden stiffness from the back can make the tailbone experience shock and hence be more disturbed.
How does an office chair provide support to the tailbone joint?
Office chairs are different in many ways than ordinary ones due to owing height adjustments, reclining, tilting, and overstuffing. These all components are extremely supportive to put light pressure on the spine which helps it to stand exactly right and lessens the burden over the coccyx or tailbone joint.
Why do I feel a hurting tailbone while sitting in an office chair?
There are many reasons such as trauma to the tailbone and long-term negligence of pain that can lead to chronic pain of the coccyx.
Reaching this condition will make you uncomfortable even by sitting in office chairs and you immediately need a doctor’s consultation here.
Best Gaming Chair for Tailbone Pain – If you suffer from tailbone pain (also known as coccydynia), sitting can be an excruciating experience. For relief, the key is to find an ergonomic office chair that diverts pressure away from your tailbone while encouraging a variety of different sitting positions. The good news is, without further aggravation, coccyx pain usually goes away on its own after a few weeks or months.
Tailbone pain can be incredibly uncomfortable and difficult to deal with, especially if you sit in an office chair all day. This can significantly impact your productivity at work. Tailbone pain, otherwise known as coccydynia, is the pain located in and around the triangular bone just below the sacrum of your spine. This injury can be slow to heal. Depending on the severity, it can last between 8 to 12 weeks.
Luckily, there are office chairs that can help alleviate coccydynia and allow you to work effectively. We’ll review the 10 best office chairs for tailbone pain and provide a buyer’s guide to selecting the right chair.