Best Gaming Chair for Your Back – Most gamers spend hours at a time playing games on their computer or console device. Prolonged sitting without proper support will lead to poor posture and back pain. If you’re a gamer like myself, then you probably love spending money on high-tech gaming gear to enhance your gaming experience. However, it’s important to invest in a high-quality gaming chair.
Gaming chairs include a variety of ergonomic features such as a high backrest, adjustable headrest, and lumbar pillow, recline back, rocking feature, adjustable armrest, and adjustable seat. We’ve meticulously vetted dozens of chairs based on what gamers are looking for to provide you with ten of the best gaming chairs for back pain.
If you want to spend hours playing modern games in 2021, you surely need to find the best gaming chair for back pain. Back pain is a common issue that all players experience sooner or later with everyday gaming.
This time around, we are here for you to help you get the gaming chair with lumbar support for a fair price. As the gaming equipment is getting more and more expensive, it is fairly easy to fall for an overpriced chair with insufficient support.
1.Razer Enki Gaming Chair
The Razer Enki Ultimate Gaming Chair is the best gaming chair for people with back pain. Why? It’s designed to keep your spine in alignment and free from pressure points that cause pain! This computer chair is a must-have if you’re looking for comfort while playing games.
There are two reclining angles to choose from, along with a sturdy metal base that balances heavy loads, ensuring stability. The backrest follows the natural curve of your spine, while the armrests offer comfortable support for extended gaming sessions.
This chair strikes the right mix between style and comfort, with neon green and black PU leather and soft, thick molded foam filling throughout. The 3D soft coat-padded armrests are ideal for stretching your arms or maximizing your postures to win matches. We like the tilt and lock seat mechanism, which easily allows users to sit in different positions as they spend the nights on it, in addition to the velvet-covered headrest cushion that feels particularly soft to the head.
The Razer Enki Ultimate Gaming Chair is a revolutionary gaming chair that has been designed with gaming in mind. The chair’s back is contoured to provide a natural sitting position, keeping your spine healthy and free from pain. This chair also provides a 2-year warranty on its parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Designed for All-Day Gaming: 110-degree shoulder arches and wide 54-cm seat base ensure optimal weight distribution for long-lasting comfort during gaming marathons
- Built-in Lumbar Arch: Feel less fatigued over long periods with the lumbar curve that gently supports your lower back and encourages sitting in a neutral position
- Optimized Cushion Density: Unparalleled comfort with a softer seat base for a cushier feel and a firmer seat backing for solid support
- Dual-Textured, Eco-Friendly Synthetic Leather: Core areas of the chair are covered in a plush textured fabric for more refined comfort, while the outer edges are lined with smooth leather to better withstand daily wear and tear
- Reactive Seat Tilt & 152-Degree Recline: Lean back effortlessly into the seat thanks to a reactive mechanism that reacts to your weight, and lay as far back as you want with an adjustable recline of up to 152 degrees
- 4D Armrests: Adjust the armrests’ height, angle and move them forwards or backwards for a position tailored to the way you sit
- Premium Memory Foam Head Cushion: Included plush head cushion that can mold to the shape of your head and neck, providing cushy support to those key areas
The X Rocker Pro Series H3 is a gaming chair that stays flat on the floor, unlike PC or rocker chairs. The X Rocker includes a few elements to improve gaming for those who want a truly immersive experience. To begin with, it connects to the majority of game systems, including the PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and Xbox. The chair includes 4 front-facing speakers that use audio modulation technology and a strong subwoofer. This allows users to immerse themselves in their games, music, or movies.
The chair’s unique design sets it apart in terms of comfort and modern features. It has the appearance of a dorm room bean bag chair, but don’t be deceived by its look. This chair comes equipped with everything you’ll need to have the best gaming experience possible in 2022.
Although the design may not make it the top gaming chair for back support, it does an excellent job of serving the gaming purpose. It offers a wireless connection and a subwoofer for an amazing in-game sound that will enhance your gaming experience!
The leg support and vibration that will occur for in-game effects are other fascinating features of this chair. The chair’s form alone qualifies it as the best gaming chair for your back, or at least one of the contenders.
- ALL PURPOSE PEDESTAL GAMING CHAIR: Leather lounging game chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing
- COMPLETE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates two forward facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers into the open space inside the chair for full immersion in your game, movie, or music
- ADDITIONAL VIBRATION MOTORS: The Pro Series H3 includes additional vibration motors that sync with your audio's bass tones to create an even more powerful full-body sensation keeping you comfortable and entertained for hours
- RADIO WIRELESS RECEIVER: Built-in radio wireless receiver and included wireless transmitter work with any source with RCA stereo outputs; optional RCA cables included
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, and all other gaming systems
AutoFull is dedicated to creating the best gaming chair and giving professional gamers the best gaming experience possible. The AutoFull Gaming chair is designed to provide maximum comfort whether you are working or playing video games for long periods of time. You can sit comfortably thanks to the ergonomic metal frame, robust backrest, and 13cm seat cushion.
Additional neck and waist support is provided with an adjustable headrest and lumbar cushion. So there will be no more back and neck pain or fatigue from long durations of gaming or working.
The mesh back keeps you cool as well. The back and sides of the seat should stay cold even as the temperature rises. The PU leather on the seat is simple to clean. It’s only a matter of wiping it down with a damp cloth now and again.
Depending on your preferences, you may recline the back of this chair at any angle between 90 and 155 degrees. Along with the reclining aspect, the chair’s design incorporates a sturdy integrated metal frame and a heavy-duty nylon base that can hold up to 350 pounds.
Overall, thanks to the solid build quality and kick-out footrest, the Autofull is still a wonderful chair for kicking back and relaxing your whole body.
- ✔SUITABLE FOR GAMING AND WORKING：AutoFull is dedicated to making the best gaming chair and creating the most perfect game experience for pro gamers.Dimensions: 19.7"(L) x 21.3"(W) x 47.2"-50.4"(H); Sitting Area Dimensions: 15.3''(L) x 19.7''(W)
- ✔ERGONOMIC DESIGN:45° sideways rotatable and 2.8'' height adjustable armrest,ergonomic U-shaped armrest surface is wrapped in soft PU, which perfectly supports the elbow. Equipped with a 3D bionic modeling lumbar pillow, which fits the curve of the lumbar spine and gives you a more comprehensive support for your waist.
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTION:360° Swivel, chair back can be reclined at any angle between 90°-170°for working, gaming, reading or napping ,3.2'' height adjustable adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow,retractable footrest，all for finding your most comfort position.
- ✔HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL：The strong integrated metal frame, heavy duty nylon base are able to withstand up to 350lbs.Carbon fiber and PU leather material, provide you a better touch feelling, SGS certified 4-level cylinder, provides more safe protection for you.
- ✔EXCELLENT AFTER-SALES SERVICE:Free replacement or money back for any reason within 30 days, 36 months on parts. Any dissatisfaction with our products, please contact us at first, we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
4.CORSAIR T3 RUSH
Corsair’s latest addition to its lineup of premium gaming chairs, the T3 Rush, has gotten a much-needed facelift. The T3 Rush is an insanely comfy chair thanks to its memory foam lumbar pillow but, more importantly, uses a breathable soft fabric in place of faux leather. The benefit of this is that it retains less heat, keeping you fresh and comfy instead of sweating in your squeaky pleather.
The Rush also reclines to a ridiculous 180 degrees in case you wanted to lie back and take a comfy cat nap before you take on another marathon streaming session of Apex Legends or CS: GO.
The only major downside of the T3 Rush is it is designed for smaller-framed users. If you require a little larger seat, the T3 will be an uncomfortably tight fit. Other than that, the T3 Rush is an impressive-looking gaming chair that doesn’t need a loud color to make a statement.
- Inspired by performance motorsport seats, the T3 rush's breathable soft fabric exterior retains minimal heat, providing the contoured comfort and support to battle through an intense skirmish or an all-day competition.
- Sit back and relax with an adjustable padded neck cushion and memory foam Lumbar Support, both wrapped in plush microfiber.
- An embedded Steel frame runs through the chair base and back, ensuring years of strength and durability.
- 4D armrests allow you to adjust in any direction – up or Down, left or right, forward or backward, or swiveled to support your posture.
- Effortlessly Set your seat to your ideal Height with 100mm of movement range, supported by a steel-construction class 4 gas lift.
The DXRacer Craft Series will appeal to those gamers that want their gaming setup to be more than a drab collection of black objects. There are heaps of colours and designs to choose from, including many with surprising artistic flair and grown-up tastes. The best bit, though, is that that you don’t have to settle for a sub-par chair to get the looks nailed down: the DXRacer Craft Series is well-made and comfy, too.
The DXRacer looks fantastic, but that would’ve not meant much without an acceptable level of comfort. Thankfully, the DX Racer Craft Series chair we reviewed delivers what we’re after in terms of ergonomics. It’s not the most padded of those we’ve tested, but it pushes you towards a decent posture.
That said, this chair is a bit pricier than we’d like for the features on offer. It doesn’t offer the feature set of the Secretlab Titan Evo, and it’s not quite as clean-cut, but if you want something with a bit more out-there flair, this is absolutely an option that won’t let you down.
- ✅ NO1. Gaming Chair Brand | Born in 2001, DXRacer is the first and original brand of the modern gaming chair. As the leading premium brand of gaming chairs, DXRacer is world-renowned and available on all continents with its headquarters in Michigan, USA. With over 19 years’ expertise in innovation and design, DXRacer has already become the top seat of choice for pros, enthusiasts, large esports events, and tournaments.
- ✅ Your Entry-level Racing Chair | The Formula Series is our first series and the world's most sold gaming chair due to its affordable entry-level price for the premium seating experience it offers. Hailing directly from the world of racing to the world of gaming, Formula is for slim users and is the most popular gaming chair for esports. It holds weights up to 200lbs and height up to 5'8".
- ✅ Top Gaming Seat For Gamers | To deliver gamers the highest levels of quality and comfort, our products are manufactured with high-quality materials for the covering, higher-density mold shaping foam as well as full-metal frames for maximum stability and sturdiness. All the other components such as class 4 gas lifts are certificated by TÜV LGA, ANSI/BIFMA (by SGS), and ISO9001 for extra safety and durability.
- ✅ We’ve Got You Covered | Built with ergonomics in mind, DXRacer chairs are the perfect gaming rig for gamers and streamers. Thanks to the tilt mechanism, adjustable seat height, fully adjustable arms, 135-degree reclining backrest, and smooth casters, users have full mobility whether for gaming, working, or meeting in the office. Moreover, we offer a 2-year warranty on parts, and a lifetime warranty on the frame to guarantee 100% satisfaction.
- ✅ 6,000,000+ Users’ Choice | With 10M+ views on Youtube, 933K+ followers on FaceBook, 157K+ followers on Instagram and 385K+ followers on Twitter, DXRacer has been the most trusted name in the gaming chair industry! DXRacer partners with Sony, Fnatic, Robert Morris University, and many others. DXRacer is also present at major events such as WCG, IEM, LCS, WCS, DREAMHACK, UMG, and more!
6.Dowinx Gaming Chair
The Dowinx Ergonomic Gaming Chair takes pride in being comfortable and supportive without being overbearing.
The gaming chair has a lumbar massage cushion and an upgraded linkage armrest. It also has a wing-shaped backrest and a sturdy iron frame. The chair is also quite mobile due to the 360° swivel and 170° reclining options, as well as the smooth caster wheels.
It would be great if comfort and excellent posture always went hand in hand, but they don’t. The Dowinx Ergonomic Gaming Chair stands up to its name, but it’s just as comfortable as it is supportive. The lumbar cushion isn’t as obtrusive as other similar models, and the chair remains firm and posture-friendly even without it.
This chair’s warranty is questionable. Almost all gaming chairs on Amazon clearly mention their warranty conditions. However, the Dowinx chair simply mentions “one month of replacement service” and “one-year parts quality warranty as a promise” briefly.
In a nutshell, Dowinx is the best gaming chair with lumbar support for those who suffer from back pain. It straightens your spine and improves your posture.
- 【NEWLY-ARRIVED】: Extraordinary sitting experience guaranteed by our newly improved linkage armrest and the massage lumbar pillow with a fits-all USB port which helps a lot with easing back pain.
- 【EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A CHAIR】: High level mobility supported by a 360-degree swivel and ultra-smooth caster wheels; 90°-165° reclining for working, gaming, reading or napping; 20° controllable rocking and retractable footrest for relaxing; Up to 350 lbs capacity, adjustable seat height, highly flexible head pillow and lumbar support.
- 【FOR NOT ONLY GAMER】: The trustworthy wingback provides multi-contact for releasing your lumbar pressure while your spine is also well protected by the neck pillow. Plus, the retractable footrest and the re-designed soft wing frame further upgrade your sitting experience.
- 【STURDY CONSTRUCTION & ECO FRIENDLY MATERIAL】: Alloy frame covered in quality hand-sewing PU leather and 5 inches high density foam. Upgraded LANT gas cylinder and mechanism largely prolong the life expectancy of the chair.
- 【INSTALLATION AND AFTER SELL SERVICES】Detail instruction manual included in the package. 24/7 customer services team all for shopping experience. One-month replacement services and 1 year parts quality warranty as promise.
How to Choose the Best Gaming Chair for Back Pain in 2022?
When it comes to choosing the best gaming chair for back pain, there are a few things you need to consider.
One of the most important things to look for in a gaming chair is comfort. You want to make sure that the chair has good padding and is contoured to fit your body. You should also consider whether or not the chair has a lumbar support system, as this can help keep your back in alignment.
Another important factor to consider is lumbar support. Lumbar support is the part of the chair that helps to keep your back in alignment, and it’s important for avoiding back pain. You want to make sure that the chair you choose has good lumbar support so that you can stay comfortable while you game.
Ergonomics is a crucial component to ensure comfortability and prevent potential health issues from sitting down for long periods. The ergonomics will vary from a console chair versus a PC gaming chair. PC gaming chairs are designed to ensure gamers are sitting at an upright position. If you’re not used to sitting straight, it may feel unnatural or uncomfortable at times.
Console gaming chairs are designed to lean back and have a rocking feature. Sitting closer to the floor encourages your body to lean forward.
One of the most ergonomic aspects to gaming chairs is their high back with a fixed headrest design. Since gamers sit for long periods, they tend to slouch their shoulders and bend their neck forward. The high back and headrest pillow provides sufficient support for your shoulder, neck, and head. Similar to how a pillow and backboard is essential to a good night’s rest, this design provides better comfort and support than most office chairs with a mid or low backrest.
Most standard office chairs will reduce the lumbar curve by rotating the pelvis. As a result, your spine and shoulders will overcompensate and lead to back pain.
Gaming chairs include a detachable lumbar pillow cushion. Make sure that the cushion is height adjustable so that it targets a specific area in your back. External lumbar support pillows help to promote a neutral spine, healthy posture, and provide relief to your lower back. With a lumbar cushion, it helps to prevent the body from sagging forward and will keep you upright. With the tall backrest and lumbar support, it’s nearly impossible to slouch.
Higher-end gaming chairs will include more sophisticated support. For example, the Secretlab Titan or Herman Miller chairs use an internal lumbar. Users can adjust the depth of the lumbar to provide the right amount of firmness or pressure to your back. The internal lumbar support feels much more natural since it feels like a part of the chair rather than a separate pillow.
With Herman Miller, you get other adjustments to ensure your back is healthy. For example, their lumbar support allows you to adjust both the height and depth. Each individual has their own unique needs and different height and weight profiles. The more customizable your lumbar support is, the better it is for your back.
Every gaming chair should have a variety of adjustments. Adjustments help make sitting more comfortable. For example, sitting on a chair that is too high means you’ll have to strain your neck to the computer screen. The adjustment that a chair may have includes adjusting your seat height, width, depth, seat angle, swivel, lumbar depth and height, and headrest height.
The seat height is likely the first thing you’ll need to adjust. Adjust the height, so that your head is leveled to the computer screen. In this position, your feet should be flat on the floor with your hips positioned higher than your knees. The armrests should be the same height as your desk. They help to reduce pressure placed on your upper body including shoulders, neck and upper back. Armrests that are positioned correctly help to give your wrists a break without having to bend at an angle to use the keyboard. This reduces the chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome, which occurs when your nerves are strained from being pressed by the tendons around them.
Comfort (seat comfort, back comfort, arm comfort)
Besides adjustments, there are many aspects that make a chair comfort including the seat cushion, backrest, and armrest. Usually, the more padding, the more comfortable a chair is. However, plush and soft isn’t always the best for your health. Sofas are incredibly soft and comfortable to sit on, but not ideal for your back. Try to find chairs that strike a balance between comfortable and supportive.
Most gaming chairs come with a waterfall or bucket seat cushion with thick padding. A waterfall design slopes downward slightly to reduce the pressure placed on the back of the thigh. It also increases blood flow to the lower limbs. Lack of blood circulation causes numbness in your legs and even leads to soreness or injury. Most gaming chairs typically include high-density memory foam or cold cure foam seat cushions. Cold cure foam is twice as denser than normal foam, so it’ll feel much more firm and supportive. However, the foam will soften when pressure is placed on it for maximum comfort.
For backrests, gaming chairs usually include PU leather padding, mesh, vinyl, or fabric materials. PU leather is similar to the foam padding where it feels very smooth and soft to rest against. However, heat may build-up causing users to sweat while sitting for prolonged periods. Mesh materials allow ventilation in your seat to keep users dry and cool. The mesh material is also much more flexible giving you a lot of wiggle room to move and adjusts the support based on the person’s movement.
Armrests are great for allowing your arms to rest without bending while using the keyboard. Some gaming chairs, especially the console gaming chairs, have thick padding for additional comfort.
Build quality ensures that your gaming chair will last for a long time. Cheaper chairs tend to use metal frames made out of aluminum alloy or aluminum. These materials are very light, however they aren’t as strong nor hold as much weight compared to steel chairs. Avoid chairs that use particle boards as frames since they are more likely to break down quickly.
Sometimes breakdowns may happen, so make sure that the manufacturer has a warranty where they will send you replacement parts free of charge. Many sellers offer a minimum warranty of one to two years.
Speakers and Compatibility
If you want to use your gaming chair for other activities, such as watching TV or listening to music, you’ll want to make sure that it has built-in speakers. This will allow you to enjoy your entertainment without having to move from your chair.
You’ll also want to consider the adjustability of the gaming chair. Some chairs offer a lot of flexibility in terms of height and tilt, while others are more limited. Make sure the chair you choose is adjustable so that you can find the perfect position for gaming.
You want to make sure that the chair is durable and will last you for years. Look for a chair that comes with a warranty, so you can be sure that it will stand up to heavy use.
Finally, you’ll want to consider the price of the gaming chair. Chairs range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars. Make sure you choose one that fits your budget but is still high quality.
We hope this article has been helpful in your search for a gaming chair that will provide you with hours of comfortable, back-pain-free gaming. Remember to consider the comfort level and lumbar support when choosing a chair, as these are important factors for avoiding pain. You should also check reviews from other gamers who have used the chairs before purchasing one yourself! Good luck with finding the best gaming chair for your needs!
Are gaming chairs actually bad?
That could not be further from the truth.
As gamers and office workers, we spend a significant chunk of each day sitting on our money makers in front of screens. Given that most of us don’t plan to change that anytime soon, it only makes sense to do so in a great chair. So that’s what I set out to find.
We wanted to find chairs that maximized comfort, support, and value. We spoke with Melissa Afterman, MS CPE, a Senior Principal Ergonomist with VSI Risk Management & Ergonomics, Inc., who specializes in workstation setups.
“Absolutely, chairs are still okay,” she told me. “Yes, we know that sitting too long is bad for you. The reality is that standing too long is just as bad for you, so the answer is movement. Taking breaks, getting up at least every hour and moving, or changing your position from standing to sitting every hour so that you’re not standing too long either.”
“If you’re typing and working at the computer, you really want more upright support so that you can maintain neutral spine posture and let the chair hold you up,” she said. “But when you switch to a gaming mode, you may want to recline a little bit to relax your lower back while still having good support in that position. So a locking backrest and/or some tension control is important.”
Another feature to look for, though it tends to be found on more expensive models, is a seat pan slider. This enables you to slide the positioning of your butt forwards or backward relative to the backrest.
Are gaming chairs really worth it?
Is a gaming chair better than an office chair?
Really it’s about finding what’s right for you, and a lot of the time that’s a gaming chair because, let’s be honest, you like the look of it. That’s a perfectly good reason to make that decision, just make sure you’re not sacrificing comfort and ergonomics for style and flair.
A cheap office chair can be a great pick if you want to save cash and be comfy.
Are gaming chairs good for your posture?
Does every gaming chair fit every body type?
Best Gaming Chair for Your Back – If you spend hours working at your desk or playing games, you need a supportive chair to prevent back and neck pain. Incorrect posture can lead to poor circulation and unnecessary fatigue. It can even affect your mood and contribute to stress. The right gaming chair can help alleviate these issues.
There are a few things to look out for when selecting a gaming chair for back pain. Everyone’s needs are different, so it’s important to choose a chair with features that best suit you. Chairs that feature an adjustable back with lumbar and neck support are especially desirable due to their high level of adjustability. Some gaming chairs have ergonomic shapes that encourage you to sit up straight instead of slouching. A gaming chair that eases back pain should also have firm but ample padding. A tall backrest can also reduce slouching because they provide extra neck support that’s not found on shorter office chairs.
Other features to look out for if you want to prevent back pain are a reclining function and removable pillows. Being able to recline allows your body to stretch and find the perfect position to get you the support you need. Included pillows can provide additional neck and lumbar support.
Moving from a conventional office chair to a gaming chair might be a bit difficult at first because your body has to get used to the new seating position. It shouldn’t take long to adjust to the new position, and you’ll likely know if the chair is right for your back within a week.