Best High Back Office Chair Under 200 – Shopping for a chair that costs less than $200 can be a tricky task. There are so many options, from so many different manufacturers, that it can be hard to know what is good and what isn’t. It is important to know what to look for when considering a cheap office chair. You also need to be willing to sacrifice on some things in order to get the cost down to $200 or less.
Choosing the wrong desk chair can have some pretty terrible ramifications, including lower work productivity and serious spine problems. Fortunately, many of the models on today’s market, including those at a lower price point, take all these concerns into consideration.
Comfortable upholstery, adjustable settings, tilt control, and swivel functionality are just a few of the things that will make all the difference in your everyday comfort, efficiency, and happiness.
Pros & Cons
- ERGONOMIC AND ADJUSTABLE Ergonomic reclining office chair with comfortable lumbar support,seat cushion and adjustable headrest fit perfectly with the shape of body and enhance the natural curve of your spine
- BREATHABLE MESH DESK CHAIR Breathable mesh back and comfortable seat cushion keep cool even in hot summer, great air circulation makes back sweat-free and allows you to sit in the chair comfortably for hours
- FULL RECLINING MECHANISM Kinematic tilt mechanism allows the chair back can be locked at any angle between 90 - 150 degree for different mode, 90degree for working,and 150 degree for a rest. A perfect reclining office chair.
- STURDY HEALTHY DESK CHAIR High end material makes a sturdy computer desk chair, adjustable armrests covered with PU and big sized seat cushion padded with original environmental green foam
- CHAIR MEASUREMENTS DETAIL Product Dimensions: 24"L x 24"W x 45.2 - 48"H; Backrest Dimensions: 18.4"W x 21.6"H; Maximum Chair Weight: 300 lbs. Easy to assemble.
The Hbada Office Desk Chair and its high back desk chair version both come with a breathable mesh fabric which work in tandem to try and reduce back pain that can begin in your lower back. This built-in padding support system also offers fantastic neck and lumbar support.
It’s also quite strikingly designed because of the use of white against the black mesh and black seat cushion. You don’t really get this in models this cheap. You can also try the Steelcase Gesture Chair if white on black is a look you go for.
Pros & Cons
- 【Ergonomic Office Chair】Its ergonomic back design provides good lumbar support to minimize back problems and encourage good posture. No need to worry about Full-time work caused horrible ergonomic issues with unsupported posture and position.
- 【Stable & Durable】Explosion-proof hydraulic cylinder at international standards, heavy-duty metal base with smooth-rolling castors make a superb stable structure. No squeaks either when reclining back and forth or swiveling. (Maximum weight capacity: 250LBS)
- 【Space Saving】Another plus with this chair is having the armrests Flip-up, You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for any occasion-office, meeting room, home.
- 【Mesh Back & Seat Cushion】The cushioning of the seat and the netted comfortable back of the home office desk chairs are all made of upgraded materials. High-density mesh is very breathable and not easy to tear. The large and thick seat cushion is made of high-quality foam, which is high resilience and never deforms.
- 【Great Customer Service】We provide a 5-year warranty and 24-hour online customer service, if you have any issue with our chairs, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is equipped with easy installation tools and clear instructions. You only need 10 mins to assemble it.It is also well packaged and quick delivery.
With the public service announcement portion of this Komene Office Chairs review out of the way, we’ll say this:
Leaving aside the “problematic entries,” Komene appears to sell a modest collection of actual products that include beanies, push up bras, and a trio of office chairs. Based on our research, we have concluded that the three chairs we’ll talk about here are legitimate products, and if you decide to buy one of these from Komene, you’ll get the product shown.
We don’t recommend that course of action at all, but if, for whatever reason, you decide you just have to have an office chair made by a company that sells beanies and push up bras, we’ll duly review them so you’ll have a better sense of what you’re getting.
Pros & Cons
- Lumbar support: Unique circular lumbar support design provides your waist with the same support as the hands lift, which can relieve the waist pressure from a long time working and protect your lumbar spine health.
- Comfortable & Breathable- The high-elastic and thick sponge seat provide you lasting comfort for a long time working. Densely mesh backrest has great heat dissipation, which can keeps the back cool and sweat-free for long sitting. 275-pound maximum weight capacity
- Adjustable Height and Armrest-You can adjust the height of the chair according to your height,whether you are tall or short,there is always a good height for you.90°Flip-up handrail If you want to be comfortable,put down the armrests,if you want to save space,fold up the armrests and push it under the table.
- 360°Rolling Caster- 360 rotating non-slip caster,you can sit on it and go anywhere without obstruction in your office,silent universal wheels evenly distributes pressure and reduce noise.
- 100%After-sales Guarantee-We promise to provide you with free product accessories in 2years and 24-hour online customer service,if you have any issue with our chairs,please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Quick Installation-We provide all the installation accessories and a detailed installation manual for installation. Installation steps are simple, follow the installation manual, one people could take about 10-15 minutes to finish the installation.
Flash Furniture is a brand that has a huge selection of furniture. They sell just about every type of chair you could imagine. With such a comprehensive list of products, it’s hard to fault a brand like this one for offering so many options.
Of course, that begs the question: is this brand a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none? In regards to their Mid-Back Ergonomic Office Chair, they’ve managed to pack in some great features. All of this combines to create a very decent office chair solution.
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic Design - This ergonomic office chair with adjustable headrest and lumbar support to fit your body curve, ensuring you sit comfortably. The computer task chair can support up to 300 pounds.
- Comfortable Performance - The padded seat with a cover made of breathable mesh fabric that can resist transformation with high Density shaping Foam and abrasion to making it great for relaxing during your busy working days.
- Multi-functions Mechanism - This mesh office chair has many adjustable features to ensure you to find a good seat position. The headrest and the seat could be up and down, the backrest could be forward and back.
- Breathable Material - Desk chair using high-density sponge cushion, more flexible, office chair with professional headrest, well-made armrests and lumbar support offers great comfort for you to work or study whether at home or the office.
- Customer Service - We also have a professional customer service team, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always with you.
Smugdesk was originally founded in 2000 but the group of industrial designers that started the whole thing ran into some issues when testing their final products.
They then went back to the drawing board and launched their improved design in 2003. Their motto is that ‘the health of the customer comes first and comfort has to take the back seat.’
Pros & Cons
In a hybrid work environment, you’ll need one of the best office chairs not just at your company’s office, but in your home, too. After all, you’re likely going to spend as much time in front of a computer at your house as you are in an office building.
That’s where our guide to the best office chairs comes in. We’ve selected chairs that are not only comfortable, but ones that are adjustable, too. No two people are alike, so a chair should be able to conform to your body. And, it should be supportive of your lower back, shoulders, arms, and wrists, so you don’t suffer repetitive stress injuries.
Best High Back Office Chair Under 200 – BUYER’S GUIDE
1. Lower End Build Quality
One of the most important things to consider is that chairs that cost less than $200 will have lower end build qualities. This is simply unavoidable at this price point. Our top pick, the 100MC, has the best build on this list and it still only scored a 43/100 for build quality on our big list of best office chairs for 2021.
In order to have such a low price point, the chair will almost always need to be imported from Asia and made from more basic, lower end parts. The most common counties to see lower priced chairs being produced in are China and Taiwan. Quality control will not be the same as higher-end products so the opportunity for defects is greater.
You will also see a downgrade in things like fit and finish. Lower end chairs do not look as nice as higher end chairs. They do not have clean lines and nice finishes that better products offer. The parts themselves also often do not fit together as well. It is much more common to see parts that wiggle or have “play” in them that wouldn’t be there on a higher priced chair.
2. Little Adjustability
Chairs that cost less than $200 are not as adjustable as similarly designed chairs with higher price points. Sure, you can find a $150 task chair with more adjustments than a $500 leather executive chair, but it is much less common to see a $150 task chair have more adjustability than a $500 task chair.
Adjustments are some of the costliest additions to an office chair. The less adjustments a chair has, the lower the potential price can be. This is one of the easiest ways to keep the price of a chair low. This is why most chairs under $200 will only have a basic set of adjustments.
Another thing to think about is that the ranges on the adjustments that these chairs do have are often limited compared to higher end chairs. The chair may have seat height adjustment but instead of a 5” range, like top of the line chairs offer, it may only have 3” of adjustment range. This can be true for all the adjustments on the chair.
3. Short Warranties
One thing to think about with office chair warranties is that it is not as important for low priced chairs as it is for higher priced chairs because the replacement cost is so much lower. If you are buying a chair for less than $200, then it may not last too many years. It will all depend on how much it is used each day, but you will likely replace a chair like this every few years. This differs from a $1,000 ergonomic office chair that you expect to last around 10 years. If you are buying something to last 10 years, then you need a really solid warranty. As long as your $200 chair lasts two years, you will pay the same amount over a 10 year period as a $1,000 chair. A warranty will help mitigate some costs, but it is not as vital as the $1,000 chair.
It is pretty rare to find a chair for less than $200 that has a solid warranty. Some chairs may have a limited lifetime warranty, but the exclusions are always what is important to look at. It is important that you know how long each portion of the chair is covered. It is common to see things like foam, upholstery and moving parts to be limited in coverage, often times to a year or less. If warranty is important to you, then make sure you read the full warranty policy so that you know how each component will be covered.
4. Weight Capacities
Make sure that you know the weight rating on the chair you are purchasing. Lower end chairs will typically have smaller weight capacities. The most common weight rating for office chairs is 250 lbs. This will be the weight rating most often found on chairs under $200. Some really low priced chairs may have capacities of 200 lbs. or even as low as 150 lbs. If you need a chair with a higher weight capacity, then be sure you know the weight rating on the different chairs you are considering.
The upholstery selection for chairs that are priced below $200 will be lower in quality and limited in options. When looking at leather office chairs, it is important to understand that most chairs do not actually feature real leather. Real leather is expensive. Finding a chair that is real leather, for less than $200, is usually too good to be true. Fake leather goes by a lot of different names, but they are all a synthetic material that is meant to mimic leather, while being much less expensive.
Mesh is very similar to leather when it comes to quality. Good quality mesh is expensive. Good quality mesh is soft, supportive and has nice elasticity. Lower quality mesh is lacking in some or all of these things. It is not realistic to expect high quality mesh, like we see on the Aeron or Liberty, to be on a low priced chair like the 100MC.
The same can be said for fabric but the limiting factor with fabric is usually color and pattern selection. You can find low priced chairs that have commercial grade fabric with 100,000+ double rubs, but they will almost always be a basic, solid color. Colors like black, blue, burgundy and grey are very common on low priced chairs. Fabrics in more unique colors or patterns are more expensive to produce, so they bring the price up and usually push it over the $200 mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the Best Ergonomic Chair under and around $200?
The five ergonomic chairs chosen for this review are the cream of the pop when it comes to budget office chairs under and around $200. Many ergonomic chairs cost a lot more than that, some with inferior ergonomic features or durability than the five that made our list.
The Duramont Office Chair is an excellent all rounder with very few compromises for a budget chair. We loved the Hbada Ergonomic Office Chair for the cutting edge style that usually costs double or even triple its price tag. The Smugdesk also offers unique benefits that people who find standard office chairs too hard on their back or bottom will really appreciate.
Finding an office chair that is comfortable, affordable and fits with your personal aesthetic can be a tricky task. Whether you’re adapting to a new work-from-home routine or looking to improve your posture while gaming, a new desk chair can make all the difference, especially given how many hours you might spend in it each day. Here are the seven best office chairs under $200.