Best Home Chair for Neck Pain – If you are prone to suffer from neck pain then you should look for a comfortable chair that supports your neck while you watch TV or take a nap. In this guide, we are going to help you find the best living room chair for neck pain so you can sit comfortably and upgrade the look of your interior spaces all at the same time.
The living room is one of the best places to take a seat and unwind after a long day at work. This is the spot where you can watch some TV, catch up with your family, enjoy board games or entertain friends and guests.
We all love to sit comfortably after spending many hours in uncomfortable chairs at work or after spending a lot of time on our feet. A good quality comfortable chair can make a huge difference in your sitting comfort and can also help reduce body aches such as back tension, neck pain, and foot fatigue.
Neck pain can be caused by many things, and sitting in an office chair all day long is one of them. If you experience fatigue and pain, it’s likely that your current office chair doesn’t provide you with proper back and neck support. And since you’re reading this right now, you probably already figured it out.
However, just a headrest isn’t enough to ensure your shoulders and neck are fully protected. If your chair doesn’t help you maintain correct posture throughout the workday, it means your spine is in the wrong position, and, as a result, your neck as well.
This one is a trendy office chair, and it is featured on several popular websites like Fox, CBS, NBC, etc., for its effectiveness in back pain.
Duramont Ergonomic office chair is a very soberly designed chair known for its functionalities. It comes with adjustable lumbar support, headrest, and armrests. Thus, you can customize every major component of it as per your body type.
The USP of this chair is its seat; it is designed in a “W” shape; therefore, it will offer better comfort to your bottom. Apart from this, to give you a better overall experience, high resilience foam cushions are used in the back and seat of this chair.
The wheels and base of the Duramont Ergonomic office chair are pretty durable; this chair will easily last for years for you. It can hold up to 300 pounds of weight.
If you want a sleek and sober yet effective office chair, you can go with Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair.
Pros & Cons
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS — Unlike the office chairs sold by our competitors, which allow you to either fully recline or sit upright, we have a SECOND adjustment lever that allows you to lock in your desired recline angle at ANY degree. That way, you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you.
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
This Gabrylly office chair has made it on a few of our lists for different types of office chairs, and there are many reasons why it made it to this one too.
This super adjustable office chair will provide you with adequate lumbar support, and most importantly, superior support for your neck.
There are three ways you can adjust the headrest: vertical adjustment, bracket adjustment, and tilt adjustment. Plus, the flip-up armrests can help you easily store the chair under the desk and create more space if needed. So whether you plan to use this chair at your home office or conference room, you can always be sure your spine and neck are in high-quality, ergonomic hands.
While this office chair offers excellent usability features and an affordable price tag, you might notice that you can lock it into position but only on certain parts of tilt, which might be a bit inconvenient if you use the tilt function often.
Pros & Cons
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chairs directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chairs good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic office chairs come with 2 years warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer you effective solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the office computer chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
If budget isn’t an issue for you and you simply want to get an ultra-comfy office chair that would protect your body, especially your neck, during long hours of office work, the Steelcase model with headrest should be one of your top picks.
This delicate yet super sturdy office chair will provide you with an upgraded sitting experience. Designed with a back and seat that move with you as a synchronized system, it offers the continuous and persistent support you’ve been looking for.
Its seat also has a flexible perimeter, allowing you to sit in a range of positions and have your arms and shoulders supported all the time. Plus, this chair can hold up to 400 pounds and accommodate almost any body type and preference.
While this chair is one of the best on the market, the only disadvantage is its price, which definitely puts this model under the label “premium office chair.”
Pros & Cons
- Connect fabric is 100% polyester
- Wheels for carpet flooring
- Ergonomic chair – features include adjustable seat depth, fully adjustable arms, pneumatic seat height adjustment, recline tension adjustment, 4 position recline lock, shell back and seat, light/light frame color scheme
- All day comfort and back support - Gesture’s seat and back move as a synchronized system, following your body as you move throughout the day to ensure long-term support
- Quality & durability - designed to withstand 24/7 use while providing maximum comfort
Things to Consider When Buying an Office Chair for Neck Pain
When it’s time to choose which office chair for neck pain you’re going to order, there are a few things you need to compare and evaluate first.
Does it have adequate lumbar support?
As we’ve already mentioned, if your back is hunched, tilted to the side, or simply super uncomfortable for eight hours per day, your neck can’t be feeling any better. That’s why it’s crucial to choose an ergonomic office chair that has high-quality lumbar support. And if you want to have the ability to customize your chair even more, go for one that features adjustable lumbar support.
What type of headrest does it have?
While we noted that headrest isn’t a deal-breaker, it’s still good to have an option to use it and give your neck even more support. Some office chairs come with either adjustable/removable or built-in headrests. Which one you should choose depends on your preferences and height. We recommend opting for an adjustable headrest to ensure it’s not too low for your neck if you’re on the taller side. In addition, some chairs offer headrests that you can move up and down, back and forward, and change the tilt angle.
Is the seat cushion comfortable?
Yes, the comfort of your neck depends on your body’s overall experience when sitting. An ergonomically designed seat cushion that encourages you to sit straight and takes away pressure from your legs will definitely contribute to you feeling less tired at the end of your workday. Thick-padded waterfall or W-shaped seat cushions are some of the best options on the market.
Is the seat depth adjustable?
Suppose you really want to ensure the most comfortable seating position. In that case, a seat depth can give these extra adjustability options to ensure the lumbar support is actually “hugging” your spine in the right way. This feature is especially useful if you’re shorter.
Does it have adjustable armrests?
You might not think that armrests are an important feature of an office chair for neck pain. However, keeping arms in a proper position can help maintain good posture, prevent shoulder pain, and contribute to better rest in between work sprints. So even if you don’t use armrests often, it’s still a good thing to have them in case you ever change your mind and decide to test them out and see how it improves your experience.
Benefits of an Office Chair for Neck Pain
If you’re still doubting whether it’s worth investing in an office chair for neck pain, here are a few more benefits that might convince you:
- It can help you create a more ergonomic office setup
- It can lower pressure on your back and legs
- It can improve your sitting experience
- It can relieve neck pain
- It can promote good posture
- You can use it for both working and playing video games
- You can choose from a variety of models and upholstery types
- You can fully adjust it according to your body type and specific requirements
Should I Buy an Office Chair for Neck Pain?
If you’re a remote worker or spend five days per week sitting in an office chair, sooner or later, you’ll start experiencing pain in your back or neck. And if you already notice that you’re feeling fatigued after a day at work, it’s worth buying a high-quality chair to help you prevent these unpleasant scenarios.
And while you might be buying an office chair for neck pain, it will still be protecting your whole body, including your spine, legs, and shoulders. We know that a high-quality ergonomic chair for neck pain isn’t super cheap, but if you use it almost every single day, it’s absolutely worth it.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.
Various factors might be affecting your neck pain. Prolonged sitting, poor posture, and the physical effect of your daily tasks are all triggers of neck pain.
However, if you get neck pain after resting in your chair, the structure of your chair could be the reason.
The perfect living room chair alleviates the pain in your neck and can relax your muscles. If you are searching for the ideal chair to reduce neck pain. Then you should consider one that gives the following factors;
After working for long hours, try to relax your neck muscles. Chairs with a low back don’t provide neck assistance and support muscles even if you sit comfortably.
There are many reasons why you experience neck pain at work, one of them being your office chair. A chair without a headrest or one that is poorly positioned can add tremendous stress to the cervical spine, leading to neck pain over time.
In this buyer’s guide we looked at over 40 office chairs to come up with the best ones for neck pain. Besides offering superb neck support, they also meet our other requirements for what a great ergonomic chair should have.
It’s because keeping your head in place while watching TV still takes a lot of effort from your neck muscles. Therefore, consider a chair with an elevated back so you can lay back your head and relax those aching muscles.
The chair must have a durable design. Plus, the internal frame should be sturdy enough to bear and support your weight. Aside from that, seating should be ergonomically designed with soft, high-density material.
Furthermore, the chair’s seat fabric should be comfortable and top-quality. Fabric enhances the chair’s appearance, specifically in living room chairs. Also, many chairs come in a variety of colours as well. You can select the one that goes with your interiors.
Armrests help relieve shoulder pain by supporting your arms and lowering the stress in your shoulder muscles. The muscles and nerves of the shoulders are connected to the neck. When there is no shoulder muscles strain, the stress in your neck relieves as well.
Plus, a perfect chair with comfortable armrests can assist you to feel more relaxed while limiting your neck pain. If you are susceptible to a stiff neck, you should prefer a chair with high armrests.
Select a chair based on the amount of space available in your living room. You do not need to overcrowd the area. Moreover, you can confirm the size of the chair on the internet to get a clue.
To avoid overpaying, always set a budget limit. These chairs are not inexpensive, so choose one that meets your demands and fits your budget. Therefore, invest in a chair with unique features and a long lifespan. With the relevant research, you can select the best chair for your price.
Best Home Chair for Neck Pain – If you’re prone to neck pain, you must opt for a nice and comfortable chair. It will support your neck while you enjoy a movie or rest. This article will show you how to choose the finest living room chair for neck pain. So that you can sit peacefully while also changing the aesthetic of your interior spaces.
Exhausting neck pain can result from extra hours of continuous activity in the home. Your neck muscles can tense due to poor sitting and inappropriate napping positions. Sometimes, it is even difficult to move your neck laterally as the pain becomes intolerable.
The living room is indeed one of the perfect spots to take place and relax after a hard day. Also, it’s where you can watch the news, spend time with family, play games, or entertain colleagues and relatives.
We all enjoy sitting luxuriously after spending many hours on our legs. A decent, comfy chair can improve your seating comfort. While also helping to relieve body problems like back stiffness, neck pain, and foot tiredness.
Of course, the first thing you do is google. But the number of chair models online can be very overwhelming. And what seems like a few-minute task can easily turn into a day’s long browsing quest…if not longer. So to save you time and prevent frustration, we’ve reviewed dozens of chairs and selected the nine best office chairs for neck pain.