Best Massage Chair Under 500 – A massage chair has taken the stress of booking a spa appointment to enjoy a total body massage in the comfort of your home or office after a long and stressful day in the office or your place of work. They are the best options for people that want to relieve simple ache, pain, muscle tension, or back pains without depending solely on painkiller medication.
From the article above, we can see that massage chairs differ in size, performance, function, and modes of massage. When looking for a massage chair, please keep the listed guide in mind to avoid wasting money on a bad one that will not serve any purpose.
Unquestionably, the Osaki wins this category, given the surprising quality of its massage (even more surprising given the use of somewhat dated massage technology) and the fact that it’s an amazingly versatile piece of furniture that can do things most of the other chairs on our list of finalists simply can’t match.back to menu ↑
1.Magic Union Power Lift Chair
- Made of solid wooden frame and faux leather, cup holders and pockets for putting TV remote or storage things
- Power lift function could push the entire chair up from its base to help the senior to stand up easily
- Recline the chair and release the built-in foot rest, fully powered by the remote, back and footrest work together
- The 4 areas of massage focus (leg, tight, lumbar,back) with 5 modes( pulse, press, wave, auto, normal) meet your demand of different massage, heat function is for the lumbar part
- Easy to use: With 2 remote controls, it will smoothly and safely control the lift, recline and massage of the chair. Easy to Assembly.
back to menu ↑
- Relax Full Body - The massage chair utilizes innovative 2D/3D Finger Pressure Shiatsu, Rolling, compression, Vibration and Heat functions to provide you an omni comfortable massage to soothe muscles and ease tension like a spa massage.
- Creative 2D/3D Shiatsu Massage - The Shiastu Neck & Back Massager with Heat, it has 4 rotation nodes to provide deep kneading massages for neck and shoulder. This massager incorporates our latest innovative technology, the massaging nodes move inward & outward motion to create 2D or 3D finger pressure shiatsu massage with double comfort for your back.
- Adjustable Rolling & Spot Massage - The chair massager features soft rolling massage along the back spine combats across the whole back, and the width between two massage heads can be adjusted to fit the body. SPOT massage function allows you to concentrate massage on one area for pin-point relaxation. Also you can choose Full back, Upper back or Lower back to massage the target area as desired.
- Optional Heat & Adjustable Compression Massage - The full back massager has a heating pad that delivers gentle warmth to further relax tension muscles. ADJUSTABLE COMPRESSION-massage on waist & hips helps relieve tension indulging yourself in full-coverage and deep tissue massage by the massage chair. Adjustable 3 intensity settings are available.
- Ultimate Comfort - Place this seat massager on a sofa, couch, recliner, office chair or dinning chair to enjoy a massage in the comfort of your home ! Perfect christmas gift for mom, father, men, women, friends who need a massage. For any reason, if this massage chair pad does not meet your expectations, return it for full refund within 30 days.
back to menu ↑
- 3 Year Standard Manufacturer's / Parts & Labor Warranty
- Computer Body Scan:The Computer Body Scan allows the rollers to scan the curvature of one's back. Regardless of your body type, this highly advanced chair will self-adjust making each massage experience feel customized.
- 2 Stage Zero Gravity:his Zero Gravity position will be able to provide a much deeper tissue massage. When reclined in this position, the pressure is relieved off the back enhancing the massage experience.
- Chromo-Therapy :LED blue ambient lights on the side panels create a chromo-therapeutic environment when in a dark room.
- Heat Therapy :Located along the shoulder are 2 heating pads to apply heat, to loosen muscle tissue so that the rollers can apply a more effective and deeper massage. This may help relieve mild stress and tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Foot Roller Massage :Located on the bottom of the feet are 2 rows of spinning reflexology massager which provide a soothing kneading style application. As the rollers spin it will stimulate acupuncture points and as the air bags inflate it will generate a much deeper massage along the bottoms of your feet.
back to menu ↑
4.Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- 【Zero Gravity & Deep V-Wrapped Design】Ugears integrated linkage suspension massage chair puts the center of gravity on the glutes, reducing the pressure on the spine and joints, so that the entire body is in a state of complete relaxation. Massage is particularly effective in this state. The deep V-wrapped design delivers a massage that will help reduce physical and mental exhaustion and stress levels.
- 【Stationary Massage Points & Multiple-combination Massage】8 stationary massage points in the backrest controlled by the seesaw structure automatically adjust to fit to different body types. Forward massage, reverse kneading, multiple combination massage. The effect is comparable to massages provided by massage therapists. Massage Chair Weight Limit: 330 pounds. Seat Width: 21in.
- 【Full Body Air Massage & Heat Function】Thanks to an array of breathable airbags, the chair adjusts to each body size and uses pinching methods which allow you to enjoy a Tui Na (Chinese style) massage experience. Multiple-combination massages are available from head to toe, giving your body a full massage. Furthermore, 2 heating parts near the waist can help alleviate lumbar discomfort.
- 【Foot Reflexology & Inflatable Calves Section】The foot massager provides kneading and rolling on your soles to provide full relaxation to your feet after long hours of walking or standing. The calves section can be adjusted to accommodate different heights and sizes in order to improve the massage range and depth.
- 【Lifetime Warranty Policy】 Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Therefore, we provide a 12 MONTH GUARANTEE. If any issue occurs to a Ugears 2021 massage chair, please contact our professional customer service team and we will work to fix any issues within 12 hours. You can also return them within 30 days for a full refund. ATTENTION: It comes in 2 separate boxes.
back to menu ↑
5.OWAYS Massage Chair
- FULL BODY RELAXATION - massage rocking chair comes with deep kneading massage nodes and vibrating motors, which provides different mode massage on your neck, shoulders, back and hips. Massage on knots and tense muscles delivers relaxation throughout body, helping eliminate fatigue, stress and providing perfect stretch.
- PERSONALIZATION DESIGN - The rolling massage nodes move up and down from upper back to lower back, which allows you to concentrate shiatsu massage on specific area for pin-point relaxation. And also you can adjust the massage pillow to a height that suits you best.
- VIBRATION SEAT MASSAGE - With 2 levels of intensity vibration on seat, OWAYS massage chair provides a comfortable mild massage for hips and thighs while massaging both your neck and back. Powerful frequency vibration can improve blood circulation and help to relax your waist, hips and thighs.
- WOODEN ROCKING DESIGN - Made of solid and durable wood frame, the massage chair constructed sturdy and stylish which can support up to 330 lbs. With a soft sponge cushion padding, the chair can be used as a recliner without massaging. You can enjoy funny rocking experience due to the arc-shaped base design.
- USER FRIENDLY - Our massage chair is easy to set up and assemble with an installation guide. It is convenient to control the chair with silicone button panel on the right side. Customer feeling is our priority. If any issue occur to OWAYS Massage Chair, please feel free to contact with us.
back to menu ↑
6.Esright Power Lift Chair
- 【Silent Motor Recliner Chair】: Esright lift chair is powered by electric and TUV motor that can control back and footrest simultaneously, making an ergonomic and comfortable seating & lying position for whomever use it. Motor is quiet and smooth. Infinite positions are provided, managing to recline up to 150 degrees.
- 【Massage & Vibration】: Power lift recliner comes with 8 vibration nodes on neck, lumbar, thigh and leg; and one heating system on back area; 5 vibration modes (pulse, press, wave, auto and normal) with 2 intensities from low to high. You will have a take-away remote control to manage massage function and lifting and reclining function.
- 【Comfortable Upholstery & Sturdy Construction】: Overstuffed upholstery padded with high density sponge brings comfort, like your whole body is wrapped up in the chair. Soft and smooth faux leather provides a warm and soft feeling, as well as certain effect of anti-felting and anti-pilling. All wood boards used are formaldehyde-free, conform to the P2 Requirement of California Air Resources Board (CARB).
- 【Humanistic Design Lift Chair】: Extending footrest and reclining feature of this lazy boy recliner allows you to fully stretch and relax, like reading, sleeping, watching TV and so on. Four side pockets on armrests are for ample storage space.
- 【Assemble & Long Term Customer Service】: Come with assemble & use instructions. Super easy assembly and takes only 10-15 mins to finish the installation, no tools required. If any shipping damage occurred when you receive or defective happened during usage, please feel free to contact us. We will provide best solution in 24 hours. We also provide 1 year technical support for the lift motor and steel frame. Please start to assemble the chair when you have 2 boxes received.
back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN-This high-quality massage chair in modern style brings a modern touch in your living and business area.Give you complete relaxation after a well-filled day.
- COFORTABLE CONTACT-Thanks to the upholstered seat and the backrest, this chaise longue offers optimum comfort for your tired body.Padded with glossy synthetic leather, easy to clean
- MASSAGE HEATING-This functional armchair features 5-mode vibrating massage system and 8 vibrating vibrating massage nodes to soothe the shoulders, back, buttocks and legs.The heating function will warm your body and help with relaxation everywhere, providing a better massage effect.
- ROCK SOLID-chaise lounger equipped with 2 metal poles, this chair offers increased stability.
- SIMPLE TO USE-A handy remote control is included, which can be stowed well in the side pocket of the massage lounger.It is easy to assemble with the included mounting accessories.
back to menu ↑
- REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGER - Delivers a powerful reflexology massage that brings the body back into its natural state to help promote the body's natural healing. It works by forcing blood back towards the heart for improved circulation.
- TARGETED RELIEF - Offers improved circulation, quick recovery for stressed feet, and rejuvenated muscles after long periods of standing. Delivers deeply-penetrating foot massage for optimized relaxation, resulting in instant pain relief.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY - Engineered with CirQlation figure-eight technology that works by circulating the blood from the feet toward the core of the body. Allows fresh nutrients to re-enter the calves and feet for increased comfort.
- ADJUSTABLE INTENSITY - Reinforced with a completely adjustable two intensity setting that helps you find the perfect massage pressure for your needs. Features under-foot massage rollers, providing relief to the sole and heel.
- BASE OPTIONS - Reinforced with an adjustable tilt base that allows you to choose from two options for your perfect massage angle. Also built with removable easy sleeves for quick cleaning, so you can keep the massager hygienic.
- Relaxation & Stress Relief – Perfect for unwinding after a stressful day, bring the massage to you or gift stress relief to family and friends
- Massages calves in an upward, rolling or “wave-like” fashion, forcing blood away from the feet and toward the body’s core to improve blood flow and wellness.
back to menu ↑
- Thick padded soft PU leather upholstery and beautiful real wood base
- Features swivel, recline and recline tension
- 8 vibration motors massage the back, thighs and calves
- 9 preprogrammed massage modes and 5 intensity levels
- Soothing heat treatment in lumbar area
back to menu ↑
- Material: The Recliner covered by high quality breathable fabric with thick padding provide better comfort
- Application: It’s a good choice for living room, bedroom, home theater. The recliner back can be adjusted from 90 degrees to 165 degrees to read books, watch Tv, nap time
- Footrest: Steel frame design leads to more stable; Freely adjustable angle of the footrest, perfect for relaxation during your rest time
- Maximum capacity: 265 lbs Seat Height; 17.7" Seat Dimensions; 19.8"(W) x 20.5"(D) Back Dimensions; 20.9"(W) x 29.1"(H); Open Dimensions:19.8”(W) x 62.6”(D) x 29.8”(H); Closed Dimensions: 19.8”(W) x28.8”(D) x 38.6”(H)
- Easy to assemble and good service: Just slide the backrest to the base connection and screw the 4 legs. If you have any questions, please contact us freely, we are glad to help you solve it
back to menu ↑
Best Massage Chair Under 500 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Massage modes and functions
Yes, even in this price range you’ll find massage chairs that offer you a variety of features. Which ones are really important? Our experts suggest you start off by looking for one that massages the areas you want to target. Some S-shape massage chairs focus only on the back, while L-shape units also target the buttocks, lower back and hamstrings. If you experience pain in these areas, it’s essential your new chair caters for your need.
A chair may even massage your arms, which can be worth investing in for older people who need treatment all over.
Next, look for chairs that will give you the type of massage you’ll enjoy. There are many options such as kneading, percussion, compression and stretching. With a tapping feature you’ll affect your blood circulation and a vibrating mode increases overall relaxation. What’s your priority? Shop accordingly.
A welcome bonus is if you can adjust the intensity of these treatments. This allows you to customize your experience and if your skin or muscles are sensitive you can tone it down to prevent injury.
When you look at the Mecor Electric model above you’ll see it’s possible to get a lot of these features in one unit.
Seat dimensions and weight capacity
You need to make sure the people who will use it will find it comfortable to sit in based on their size and height. These chairs are designed with certain individuals in mind. If all members of your family are tall, you need to invest in one of the larger units such as the Homegear chair above that can handle far more than 400lb if needed.
Overall dimensions and weight
When you read the dimensions above you also need to determine if it will fit in the available space in your house. You don’t want your new piece of furniture to ruin the aesthetics, be in the way or let your room seem cluttered.
Also look at the weight and gauge whether you can handle moving it around. Don’t hurt your back pushing it from room to room. If it’s too heavy, make sure you assemble it where you’ll end up using it.
Important note: when you consider the dimensions, look at the measurements of the chair in its usual setting but also when it’s fully reclined. Make sure it fits so you don’t buy something you can’t use.An important part of relaxation is the atmosphere around you. If a large chair results in the room feeling cluttered, you may not enjoy your massage session as much as you think.
Above we spoke about modes, but the heating functionality should be discussed on its own. You may not find it on all units, as it’s quite specialized. Is it worth investing in? It is if you’re in the process of recovery. Heat can improve blood flow and help muscles recover faster & even help block pain signals from reaching the brain.
Of course, the heat must be present in the right places, so read up about the details. It’s unlikely a chair will have heated areas across its entire surface. If it’s limited to specific parts of the back of the chair, does it correspond to where you need this treatment to work? An excellent example is the Waterjoy model that heats up in the lumbar area so you can find some relief if you suffer from lower back pain.
Materials, padding, and build
Above we’ve mentioned comfort many times. And what will determine most of your comfort? The surface you’re sitting on. The types of padding & upholstery the brand use on the inside as well as the outside fabric will determine your massage experience. There must be enough padding to prevent the rollers and other massage features from hurting you.
The overall build also adds to the comfort you’ll experience and it ensures the structure is durable. It will carry your weight for months and hopefully years to come so make sure you invest in a smart build design. This requires sturdy wood and metal frameworks.
If your massage chair will end up in your living room it may serve as a general piece of furniture too. Daily use requires quality fabric and a comfortable seat, so research well before you buy.
Our experts feel that a reclining feature is almost non-negotiable. You’ll need this to find a comfortable position for your massage. But don’t stop there. Make sure what the maximum reclining angle is, as more is usually better.
An added bonus is if you find a Zero gravity recliner. This enables a specific position which distributes weight across your body so there is the least amount of tension on your joints and muscles. This in itself will help relieve some pain.
Lastly, make sure you know exactly how you get to the reclining positions. Ideally, it should be a powered feature, although some will only offer manual reclining.In a lower price range, you may have to settle for the latter and as long as the chair functions smoothly it shouldn’t add too much effort to your massage session.
Every aspect of the chair determines user friendliness and whether it’s easy to use. Research if your new chair has a remote—if it does it makes for easy management without the need to sit up to adjust settings.
Whether it’s on the remote or on the chair itself, also make sure the controls are user friendly and easy to understand so you don’t experience frustration getting used to your new device.
These chairs may undergo daily use and you want a unit that will last you a long time. Therefore durability—in the design, mechanics and fabric—is essential. You can look at the warranty to gauge the chair’s level of durability. Some brands may not specify, but if you find something like the OWAYS model with its 10-year warranty you know you’ve found quality. Just make sure what the warranty applies to so you know when you’re allowed to use it to claim for repairs or replacements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use if I have back problems?
Many massage chairs can assist in treating back problems, especially if they have heating features. This heat can improve blood flow and counter inflammation. It is important though to discuss usage of a chair with your physician. Make sure the position you pick won’t put unnecessary pressure on your joints or muscles.
How long does it take to assemble?
Each massage chair is different in how it will be assembled. Many chairs may arrive in different boxes, so make sure you have all the components before you start assembly. Clear guidelines will help you get the job done quick. The task can take as little as a few minutes if you pick a user friendly model.
What is bonded leather?
Bonded leather is a popular fabric type to cover massage chairs but note that it’s not 100% leather. It’s still durable but it’s a blend of other fabrics and leather. Your chair will contain animal hide but also other types of materials.
As you can see, chairs at this price range are defined primarily by their limited feature set. Many of them not even having some of the fundamental ingredients of a “true” massage chair (such as an S- or Hybrid L/S-Track and moving rollers).
Depending on your needs, any of these chairs can actually serve you well. However, having evaluated all of them, we’ve determined a clear winner in the “Best Massage Chair Under $500” category.