Best Office Chair for 200 – Picking an ergonomic office chair when you’re on a tight budget is fraught with potential pitfalls. Yes you may be saving money in the short term, but how long can you be assured the chair will last? Will it even be comfortable and ergonomic to use while it’s still working?
In this buyer’s guide we examine and review the very best office chairs under or around $200. We do all the homework for you so you don’t have to, by picking only the highest quality budget chairs you can rest easy in. The office chairs that have made the list all have exceptional ergonomic features for their price, made of durable materials that won’t become a dead weight in a few months, and decent warranty to top it all off.
While we put together this review, we first looked at the dimensions for each chair, since you want your chair to be roomy and comfortable, regardless of your build. Next, we looked at the overall capacity for each chair, as this will let you know whether or not it will work for you or the members of your family.
Finally, we looked at the different upholstery materials used to make the chair: mesh fabric is ideal if you look for breathability, while leather looks much more luxurious and is easier in maintenance. This careful research helped us to find the best office chairs under $200 on the market today so that you can find the one that ideally fits your needs.
Sitting among the lowest-priced options in our list of the best office chairs under $200, the Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair represents a great budget option for those that want a simple, functional, arm-less, and no-nonsense option that also offers decent comfort for long stints.
The Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair has the added benefit of having a small footprint, making it suitable for limited office space. The split padding/mesh chair’s design translates to a straightforward assembly process that is ideal for those who need to get up and work quickly with little to no fuss.
The adjustment options don’t extend beyond a stand height lever. While this does limit how well the Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair can shape itself to the varying needs of users, the chair’s reinforced mid-back Y-bracket lumbar support, arched backrest, and overall s-curve design do a splendid job of offering good comfort and back support out of the box. We’d be remiss not to mention that by its stature and unimposing footprint, the Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair is geared towards shorter and lighter users, despite an advertised weight maximum of 250 pounds.
The low price does result in some notable compromises, and comfort does trail behind other options on our list of the best office chairs under $200. Nevertheless, for the price, the Molents Task Chair Armless Office Chair is a cheap and cheerful option for those able to manage expectations correctly to save some money.
- 【Ergonomic and No Arms Design】 The Armless Office Chair back takes advantage of the ergonomic design, Great suitability and won’t cause fatigue after sitting for a long period. In addition, no armrest design saves your indoor space.
- 【Breathable Mid-back Design】 Get to work in this dapper task office chair! Enveloped in high-quality sponge filling, upholstery with fabric cloth, the comfortable thick seat features an arched integrally molded backrest for lumbar support, while its good resilience seat provides added comfort and support.
- 【Adjustable Swivel Task Chair】Dual nylon wheels prevent marks while making this rolling chair compatible with carpeted floors. Swivel 360°and move freely. Plus, the seat height can be adjusted to find that perfect position(16” to 20”).
- 【Robust Construction】 Passed BIFMA X5.1 Test, SGS certificated gas lift cylinder. A durable 5-star integrally molded base to ensure this home office chair supports up to 250 pounds.
- 【Product Measurements】Overall Size: 21"W x 21"D x 31.1-35.8"H | Seat Size: 18"W x 16"D x 15.8-20.6"H | Back Size: 16"W x 12"H
- 【Easy to Assembly】 MOLENTS armless desk chair can usually be completed in about 10 minutes.Ideal for home office, dorm room or professional work spaces.Our small office chair is the best gift choice for yourself, lover, family or friends. This is an ideal gift for birthday, Christmas day, Thanksgiving day, Valentine’s day or Father’s day.
To round off our selection of the best budget office chair under $200, we have the Kolliee Mid Back Mesh Office Chair. Unabashedly an entry-level office chair, the Kolliee Mid Back Mesh Office Chair packs in a good compromise between affordability and comfort, chiefly thanks to a generous range of adjustments to find that perfect position to offer significant value.
The adjustment options include flip-up and removable armrests. A rocking mechanism with tilt tension adjustment. And, a thick adjustable lumbar support pad that can be positioned within a 5 cm range to suit the user’s mid-back support requirements.
Much like the Qoroos Mid Back Mesh Office Chair, the Kolliee Mid Back Mesh Office Chair splits its materials between high-density mesh on the backrest and a thick padded sponge on the seat. Piecing it together (which is a breeze thanks to clear instructions), it’s clear that Kolliee hasn’t compromised too much on the quality of the materials, and it feels reasonably sturdy to sit on while offering good comfort as the hours tick by. Despite the low price, it certainly does not feel as cheap as it should.
As for the negatives, the Kolliee Mid Back Mesh Office Chair is fairly compact compared to the Smugdesk Mesh Ergonomic Office Chair. Those above 5’10’’ may struggle to find a position they consider comfortable. While suitable for a few hours, the Kolliee Mid Back Mesh Office Chair’s comfort limits do start to flare up after a while, and if you are sitting for extended periods, we suggest investing a bit more for one of the pricier options above.
- 360°SWIVEL, ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT MESH OFFICE CHAIR: 360 degree swivel, armless office chair, height adjustable 4.7 inch (12 cm) . Overall Height (top to the floor): 33.1"--37.8" (84--96cm); Seat Height (seat cushion to floor): 17" - 21.7" (43-55 cm)
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: provides lumbar support to reduce back pain causing by long time sitting. Mesh covers both the padded seat and the chair back that allows air to circulate to keep you cool while leaning. Thicken padded seat cushion offers for all-day comfort.
- ARMLESS OFFICE CHAIR, EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Easy to slide under your desk, space saving. No limits, no narrows, no uncomfortable causing by armrests, friendly to bigger person. Easy to put together, video assembly instruction provided on the product page.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY MATERIALS: American-made high density mesh, high resilience foam cushion, SGS certificated gas lift cylinder. All materials are in good quality, durable, and not easy to deform.
3.Homall Office Chair
Let’s continue this list with the best of the best gaming chairs in the $200 range. The Homall executive ergonomic office chair will bring comfort to your home office but won’t leave you with empty pockets.
Featuring high-density shaping foam and soft PU leather upholstery, this budget office chair will make your sitting experience more ergonomic and help maintain good posture even during multiple Zoom calls. And thanks to rocking and reclining functions, you’ll be able to switch your sitting position throughout the day and even get lost in a daydream if you wish. Plus, its modern and sleek design will contribute to the overall look of your home office.
However, one disadvantage of this gaming office chair is that you can’t adjust the armrests. So, if it’s a deal-breaker for you, you might want to keep this detail in mind.
- Seat Plus: Upgraded sunken surrounded wide seat provides a most soft sitting experience.
- Padded Armrests: 18.6” super-long padded armrests are greater than the length of the forearm plus the hand, which give your arms maximum comfort
- Ergonomic layering back: Streamlined back which fitted to the human spine provides the natural and comfortable sitting posture, layering design increases the level of appearance
- Maximum capacity: 300lbs, Size of Back: 21"X27.6"(LXW), Size of Seat: 21"X19.2"(LXW), Adjustable Height: 13.7" to 17.4"
- Applicable Places: This Homall office chair is suitable for the office, gaming room, living room, bedroom, the study and so on. It will make your space more modern and elegant.
What To Look for When Buying Office Chairs Under $200
Everyone’s situation is different and may require different needs from an office chair. We recommend getting a chair that will both support your body and fit in seamlessly with your overall workspace. Office chairs can be a helpful tool, but can inhibit your ability to work if they’re not a match for your workspace.
When determining which office chair is best for you, you’ll want to consider your budget first and foremost, while finding one that is comfortable and encourages productivity.
As we’ve mentioned in our guides about the best office chairs for under $300 and under $100, there are several other factors to consider before you make your final decision. While comfort is a significant factor when selecting a chair, durability, features, size, and aesthetic is important to consider, as well.
We recommend looking for a chair made with quality materials. It’s unrealistic to expect an office chair to offer the same support now as it will after you’ve used it for a few months or years, but you want to look for a chair that will last through long working hours day after day. A chair in constant need of repair or new parts can be a headache, to say the least.
Any structural problems will remain with you and disturb you as you work. Be sure to check customer service policies if you find that your chair has any missing or damaged parts, and consider the warranty offered.
The chairs we reviewed have a variety of different features, including headrests, armrests, backrests, retractable footrests, and more. We suggest thinking about which of these features would make you the most comfortable, as well as the ones you can do without. Everyone has different preferences
Things like adjustable headrests, armrests, backrests, or retractable footrests are parts of chairs that make them unique. Think about which of these features would make you more comfortable and which you can do without.
Since you will be using your chair daily, you want a practical option that suits your preferences. The ideal chair is one you enjoy sitting in all the time, making working easier rather than more rigorous.
Based on your working environment and space for a small office, you may want to prioritize some features over others. For example, if you have a smaller space and remain mostly sedentary, a chair that moves easily or allows you to have greater mobility is unnecessary.
On the other hand, if your working environment is a bit more open and you find yourself moving around, we suggest getting an office chair with wheels or tilt-recline to take advantage of the added space.
All in all, it’s really essential to think about how your chair will function in the area you’re working in.
Last, but certainly not least, consider what your body needs when you purchase your office chair. Your body’s comfort and ability to do work while sitting for a long time are likely the reason why you’re looking for an office chair. You may also be looking for more back support to relieve back pain. Find a chair that accomplishes those things for you.
Choose the right size chair for your body. Particularly if you’re taller, look for a chair that we mention is better for taller people. If your chair is too small, you may find yourself sitting too low to the ground or find that the seat is too short. Either of these positions will make working difficult.
Also, make sure that the chair you buy can support your weight. Look at the chair’s weight capacity and consider if the chair will be able to hold your weight after a long time. You don’t want to push that capacity too far as it will damage your chair.
How to clean PU leather?
If you decide to get a PU leather chair, then you should know how to clean it properly. While this material does not absorb water, it might be destroyed by harsh cleaners. As such, the best way to clean off your new PU leather chair is going to be with a mixture of warm water and a mild cleaner, such as dish soap. You want to mix two tablespoons of soap for every gallon of water. Then, wipe down the chair with the mixture until the stain is removed. Finally, you want to make sure to dry the chair thoroughly with a soft cloth or paper towel to remove any leftover residue.
What to do if the chair starts squeaking?
If your chair starts to squeak, it is probably because the lubricant used to allow it to swivel or lean back has dried up. The best thing to do is to buy a water-based lubricant and apply/spray it onto the part of the chair that is squeaking. You want to make sure, however, that you don’t overdo this lubrication, as it could lead to the deterioration of the chair.
Comfort is very subjective: one office chair may delight one person but cause another untold amounts of back pain. The broad range of body types, sitting positions, and type of work undertaken mean that the same office chair can feel drastically different from one person to another.
We’ve assessed the above office chairs based on how they felt for us, but this is unlikely to apply to all users. Finding a chair that lands high on the comfort scale greatly depends on the person and we highly suggest trying out chairs before purchasing if at all possible or seeking suggestions from someone with a similar body type to your own. Similarly, we recommend avoiding compact office chairs for taller users and checking maximum support limits for those with larger body types.
There’s no point beating around the bush here: a sub $200 office chair almost always lands in the entry-level and budget range. $200 will only take you so far, and you get what you pay for, whether that’s construction materials or lumbar adjustments. Models priced double or even as little as $100 more will offer significant comfort, ergonomics, and design improvements.
While our guide shows it’s possible to buy a decent office chair for under $200, set your expectations accordingly and don’t expect too much. Our options will serve you well but are by no means the best on the market by any stretch of the imagination. If you desperately need a premium office chair with high-quality materials, versatile fine-tuning adjustments, and innovative designs, then upping your budget is the best call.
Warranties vary significantly across the office chair market, but when honing in on the sub-$200 range, they tend to trail off, capping out at one year in most cases. If you’re looking for a long term investment and want peace of mind, we suggest eyeing up slightly more expensive options, where you’ll generally find more generous warranties, surging to upwards to 10 years for the top high-end office chairs. These often don’t just include replacement due to defects, but replacement parts and pretty forgiving policies, which cover pretty much any eventuality from accidental damage to natural wear and tear
Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.
Best Office Chair for 200 – Finding a budget but high-quality office chair under $200 might be quite an ordeal, especially if you’d like it to last for a while. That’s why when hunting for a decent ergonomic office chair under $200, you should have realistic expectations and understand that some sacrifices might be required.
So if you’re wondering now whether you can feel comfortable spending hours in a chair that costs less than $200, yes, you can… if you know what to look for.
In this guide, we have reviewed the nine best office chairs under $200 to help you make a decision faster and feel better after a long workday in your desk chair.
A solid office chair is undoubtedly an investment — not only in your health but in your productivity, as well. The right chair can provide you with physical support and comfort, not to mention an environment where you feel you can do your best work day in and day out. Many of the best office chairs for small spaces can cost a pretty penny, though; in some cases, over $1,000 a pop.
If you’re looking for some more affordable office furniture and equipment, though, you’ve come to the right place. You can still find the best office chair under $200 that delivers on comfort, support, and durability.