Best Office Chair for 300 – Getting an ergonomic office chair under $300 isn’t a tough task; you will get dozens of office chairs that you can get under this budget. But the catch here is that multiple options are confusing.
However, if you are looking for an ergonomic office chair under a tight budget, we got you covered.
In this guide, we have listed all the best ergonomic office chairs under $300. You can go through each of them and can pick any one of them as per your requirements.
Apart from this, none of the selections are influenced by any manufacturer or external authority. We have done in-depth research and picked the most suitable chairs. All the below-listed office chairs are reliable and durable.
Investing in the perfect office/desk chair can seem intimidating, especially when budget comes into the mix. When looking for a chair that will be the perfect support to your long work day, it’s best to consider what is of the utmost importance to you: Are you looking for a more breathable fabric to decrease the likelihood of sweating through your work clothes? Do you need better lumbar support? How about the option to adjust the height and seat depth for those with longer limbs?
The waterfall design of the seat is also functional, serving to relieve the pressure in your knees while sitting for increased circulation. Attractive design with a waterfall seat to relieve knee pressure
Unfortunately, the thin padding isn’t made for long periods of sitting, and there’s a decided lack of adjustability on the Alera. However, this makes an excellent pick for less than $300.
Assembling the Alera is easy, and you can even assemble it without the arms if you so desire. The faux leather material is stain-resistant and durable, though it doesn’t breath as well as mesh chairs. That said, this is an excellent option due to the combination of attractive form and decent function. But if you are looking for a cheaper seat, then check the best office chairs under 100.
- Contemporary cushioned seating with a slim profile
- Waterfall seat reduces pressure on the back of the knees for improved circulation
- Padded arm caps for comfort and support
2.XIZZI Ergonomic Chair
When it comes to style and classiness, it’s hard to beat leather upholstery in an office chair. The material is also very breathable, easy to clean and durable. XIZZI is an extremely stylish, suede covered office chair that will elevate the decor of any space it occupies without breaking the bank.
The XIZZI chair is adorned in suede fabric, which is a type of leather from the underside of an animal (usually lambskin). Unlike pure synthetic leather, suede is softer and more breathable, and almost just as easy to clean. One owner gleefully remarked that everyone who has seen the chair has complemented its looks.
The chair is also generously padded, with segmented cushions that dissipate heat better.
In the adjustment department you’ll find a backrest that can both tilt and recline around 120 degrees. The angle of the recline can be locked into place when you wish to lay back. On an executive chair, this is already pretty good.
The one obvious limitation with the XIZZI chair are the fixed armrests. They are not height adjustable, though you can choose to not install them if you like.
- Height adjustable: the modern design chair could be adjusted from 45.67” to 48.62”.Deep seat for comfort.
- Tilt mechanism: the desk chair could be tilted at at an angle and locked which can make you feel more relax.
- Detachable Arm Design: With the padded armrest can alleviates arm fatigue when used, also, it is great for small space with the detachable arm design. This office chair is not only used in home office,but also conference room,computer room and task workplace.
- Ergonomic high back: The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height,backrest to meet different needs.
- Easy to move: Modern home office chair with height adjustment, swivel, tilt-tension knob and smooth rolling casters for easy mobility.
Here is a great office chair you can get while still fitting your $300 budget. The Ticova ergonomic desk chair is a fully-adjustable office chair you don’t want to pass by.
And when I say it has incredible adjustable features, I’m not exaggerating. This humble-looking office chair lets you adjust lumbar support height and depth, headrest height and angle, armrest height, seat cushion height, and as a cherry on top, tilt it up to 140° and control rocking resilience.
Plus, unlike some other chairs with a small headrest, Ticova office chair has a big curved foam headrest for a more comfortable neck and head support.
However, since the chair’s seat is made of 3-inch high-density foam, you might find it a bit hard at the beginning.
- 【Adjustable Mesh Chair】You can adjust lumbar support height and depth; headrest height and angle; armrest height, angle, forward & backward; seat cushion height; tilting angle up to 130°and rocking resilience to your personal most comfortable position
- 【Ergonomic Backrest & Seat】Our adjustable backrest can perfectly fit your spine and significantly ease the fatigue and pain of your back. Also, our seat is made of 3 inches high density foam with W-shaped and waterfall-edge design, providing larger support area and disperse pressure on hip and thighs
- 【Unique Metal Armrest】Compared with all other ergonomic desk chairs' plastic 1D armrest, our stainless electroplating metal 3D armrests with bigger, thicker & softer PU paddings are much more durable and best fit to your favorite position
- 【Unique Headrest & Quality Mesh】Unlike other high back office chairs' small mesh headrest, our big curved foam headrest provides more comfortable neck and head support. Plus, our breathable mesh with strong tensile strength provides cool and comfortable back support, enabling long hours sitting relaxed without sweat
- 【Warranty】We provide 30 days money-back guarantee, one year warranty and professional after sales service for our ergonomic office chair. If there is any quality problem, please contact us and we will provide 100% satisfied solution. Our ergonomic computer chair has comprehensive packaging and clear instruction, enable everyone to assemble easily without damage worry
What to Expect from an Office Chair for Under $300
This is a very popular price bracket and for good reason. Here’s why: You can still find a very nice office chair with high-end comforts, ergonomic design, and adjustability options without breaking the bank.
Additionally, at this price point, you have a lot of variety when it comes to different styles.
We talk at great length about all the options to look at when evaluating an office chair in our complete buyer’s guide.
But here are the key things to look for in this sub-300 price range:
Depending on your preference for style and long-term comfort, you should expect to find high-quality materials, such as:
- Breathable and durable mesh: A high-quality mesh should be non-abrasive. It should also not stretch too much, or at all, so the form of the chair stays tight to the contours of your body and supportive over longer periods.
- Comfortable leatherette or bonded leather: Although this price point might not offer many genuine leather options, most modern task and executive style chairs are made from PU-based leather or bonded leather. This material is easy to clean and maintain. Although it typically will not age as well or naturally as genuine leather, it is generally durable, comfortable, and stylish.
- Solid base and frame materials: The frame and base of your chair are not something you should need to worry about. First, always check the recommended weight capacity. Then make sure that the materials are strong and resistant. Here, we’re looking for things like steel reinforced frames, solid cast nylon bases, and heavy-duty casters.
- Speaking of casters, you always want to look for durable and quiet casters that suitable for your specific flooring (i.e. polyurethane casters for hard floor surfaces; hard plastic or nylon for carpeted floors)
Solid Five Star Base with 360 Swivel
A good office chair in the sub-300 dollar range should still have a very solid five-star base with quality casters for mobility.
You should have a full 360 degrees of swivel, as with any true task chair, and a base that will hold up over the years.
Here you’re looking for the adjustments that matter to you. So, even though might not get the entire range of adjustability options available with a state-of-the-art ergonomic design with a chair that’s below $300, you should still be able to choose from options like:
- Height adjustment, controlled with a safe and reliable pneumatic cylinder, with a range of about 15 – 21 inches from the floor to the center of the seat pan to accommodate different heights, leg lengths, and desk setups.
- A tilt range of at least 90 to 110 degrees. Many chairs have a fixed tilt adjustment where you can lock the backrest at your desired angle. Then a tension adjustment to control the resistance of the recline.
- Lumbar support. Not all chairs in this range will have a separate lumbar adjustment setting, but if this is important, try to find an office chair with thickened lumbar support cushion. You can also add a special lumbar pillow to your chair. Some chairs, like the Sihoo Ergonomics, featured below, allow for control over the height and depth of the lumbar pressure.
- Armrests that are height adjustable. That is the minimum requirement, as you you need to have your arms at the right position when working for the correct ergonomic posture. Adjusting the height so your arms are parallel with the floor and your wrists can stay level when typing is important. But some chairs that are under $300 will also have rotating, folding, and/or extendable armrests for further customization.
- Seat tilt: This is an added bonus on some chairs which allows you to change the angle of the seat to reduce pressure on the back of your thighs and create a more active work posture
Ergonomic design is a fundamental aspect that applies to any good office chair you can find for less than $300.
Basically, we’re talking about a chair that promotes a healthy sitting posture over long periods and allows for significant adjustability to support the many small and large movements we make throughout the day.
This would include the options mentioned above, plus additional features like an integrated headrest if you need neck support, a waterfall seat edge to reduce leg pressure and improve blood flow, a contoured S-shaped seat back to support the shape of your spine, and keep constant contact on the back-rest, and active resistance to encourage a more upright sitting posture.
Other things to look at:
As with any piece of furniture, make sure the style is consistent with the look of your office or home workspace. There are so many chairs in this category – you should be able to find one that fits the bill.
For example, there are modern and sleek mesh task chairs, classic leatherette executive chairs, and chairs with wooden frames or accent materials for a more traditional look.
Correct size specifications and weight capacity
Always make sure the chair is suitable for your height and weight. As a basic guideline, the seat should be at least 18” wide and the backrest between 12 – 20” wide.
But you may need different dimensions.
All seats should include these basic specifications, along with the maximum weight capacity.
Easy assembly with clear instructions
Your chair shouldn’t take hours to assemble. It should come with a very clear set of instructions to make assembly quick and painless so you can get to work.
Always check the reviews to get a real sense of how hard assembly is for any particular chair. Also, if the weight of the chair is a concern, try to find a smaller, mesh office chair for easier transport and assembly.
Check back as we continually update this guide to stay current with the best chair models in the 200 to 300 dollar price range.
As you’ll notice, you can find very high-quality chairs in this category, although often without high-end brand recognition.
If you’re OK with that, as most of us are when just searching for a comfortable chair with correct dimensions that will fit and look good in our workspace, there are some great finds out there.
Hopefully, the 3 chairs on this list will give you a good starting point.
Benefits of an Office Chair Under $300
While there are tons of office chairs on the market, varying from less than $100 to a few thousand dollars, here are a few advantages of buying an ergonomic office chair under $300:
- You can choose from numerous styles and designs that would look no worse than expensive office chairs
- You can find a fully-adjustable chair to fit your body structure and improve your sitting experience
- You can purchase a heavy-duty big and tall chair in this price range
- You’ll have a choice of mesh or faux leather upholstery material
- You can still find a presentable executive office chair under $300
- You can purchase a chair that would complete your ergonomic workstation setup
- You can protect your back and neck if you buy an office chair under $300 with proper lumbar support
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $300?
If you make sure to purchase a high-quality ergonomic office chair in the $300 price range, you won’t be disappointed. Of course, these office chairs might not be upholstered in real leather or last you for ten years. But if you treat your office chair under $300 with care, it might as well serve you for many work years to come.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.
Sometimes you need to quickly wheel yourself from the phone to the printer and back to your desk. Other times you like to add a bit of movement while you’re sitting to increase your concentration. Having the right wheels on your office chair will make both tasks a lot easier.
The sturdiest office chairs will have five spokes at the bottom that lead from the base to the wheels. This will make the chair much more stable.
As for the wheels, they should be able to move in a 360-degree manner, without any impediments. The freer the wheels move, the less risk of snags or annoyances.
The one thing to remember is that caster wheels add to the overall height. If you have found the perfect office chair but it sits too high for your liking, you might be able to replace the wheels with lower ones to offset the overall height.
Whether you sit at your desk for an hour and eight, you need the right support. Your body, and especially your back, should always be supported properly so you don’t suffer any lasting damage. Nowadays, the importance of ergonomics is better understood which is why most office chairs are created to support your back, neck, and arms.
Generally, mesh office chairs offer a bit more ergonomic focus. While the mesh isn’t stiff, it is crafted in a way to provide the most support. Leather chairs, on the other hand, work to cradle your body, and are not always as supportive.
You will also want to pay attention to extra lumbar support. Again, mesh chairs, such as the Sihoo Ergonomic Office Chair are a bit better in this regard. Not only is the mesh curved at the lower back, but there are often extra lumbar supports to help with the lower back.
In addition to the function of an office chair, you will want to pay attention to what it looks like. Mesh office chairs, while solid choices, are often not as accommodating when it comes to design. They can be a bit more utilitarian and are often limited to black mesh material only.
Leather, on the other hand, has more to offer style-wise. Because leather covers extra padding, you can have very different looking chairs. For example, the OFM Essentials Leather Chair has almost extreme padding. It has a naturally curved area to accommodate your seat and lower back and cushions that support your entire back. It looks, and feels, like the perfect place to rest all day long.
While most leather chairs come in a black leather, there are some that offer different color choices. The Bush Business Furniture Office Chair has plenty of color choices to choose from. In addition to standard black, it comes in brown, grey, red, and white.
So, while there still aren’t too many options away from the classic black office chair, it is nice to know that there more design options are now surfacing.
Best Office Chair for 300 – In this buyer’s guide we review the very best ergonomic office chairs you can get for under $300 (or around). These ergonomic chairs offer a far better back-rest, head-rest, arm-rest adjustments and improved lumbar support compared to less expensive chairs.
Some of them even come with adjustable lumbar support that can be moved up or down to cater to your lower back precisely. 3D Arm rests are plentiful with chairs that made our list, which can angle inwards to match the angle of your arms as you type. Adjustable headrests that can be risen to match the height of individuals are also found.
Finding a high-quality ergonomic office chair under $300 might be a real challenge, especially considering all the models that are on the market right now. It’s a lot to go through if you want to find the best. Well, I did it and let me tell you, it was a lot of work. But, I was happy to do it so I could help you find the perfect office chair.
If you’re reading this, you probably want to know whether you can feel comfortable working long hours sitting in a chair that costs less than $300. Yes, you can if you know what chair to purchase. We reviewed dozens of chairs of all types and styles, looking at key features such as comfort, material, durability, stability, ergonomic features, and, of course, price.