Best Office Chair for Back Pain Under 100 – To help you find the best office chair for Back Pain under $100, we’ve tried out dozens of models, testing them for back and neck support, ergonomics, breathability and adjustability. We also tended to favor ultra-durable But if you already have an office chair and don’t want to get rid of it, then the best office chair cushions will interest you.products, with a high weight capacity, made from quality materials. We wanted to make sure you got the biggest bang for your buck, choosing attractive chairs that are easy to assemble. To get a feel of what’s available on the market, also look at our best office chair guide.
If you’re on a shoestring budget, finding a quality ergonomic office chair that won’t break your back nor the bank can seem next to impossible. The market in the sub $100 range for office chairs is littered with poorly constructed junk that are not only uncomfortable to sit in, but will quickly break down on you and end up hogging space in the garage in short order. In that case you’re not saving money; you’re just wasting it.
In this buyer’s guide, I took it as a challenge to find the absolute best ergonomic chairs money can buy for under or around $100. These chairs may not come with an extensive list of adjustable features, but they must all pass my 3 main criteria for an excellent budget office chair- durable, comfortable, and whenever possible a decent warranty to cover your investment if you’re not happy.
Here are the five ergonomic office chairs under $100 and around in 2021 (prices subject to change) that made the cut.
This Vecelo desk chair is our top choice for the best office chair under $100. It features a mesh back that is going to let your skin breathe, as well as support your upper body. The back also sports a recline function which allows you to adjust the tilt of the chair in order to find your favorite position.
The cushion is padded for extra long-lasting comfort and it’s made to fit your body and let you sit for a long time without feeling any discomfort.
The height of the seat can be adjusted from 17.5 inches to 19.2 inches, therefore you can fit this chair under most desks. The chair’s casters are sturdy and nylon-encased so that you can safely spin and move your chair around without fear of breaking it or scratching your floor.
It can support up to 285 lbs, however, the fact that the arms rest a little low can be uncomfortable for some people.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable mesh chair for task / desk / school work
- Ergonomic padded cushion seat for long-lasting comfort
- Breathable mesh back; dual-wheel casters for free rolling
- 285 pound max weight capacity; adjustable seat-height
- Chair overall dimension: 18.7*19.7*37-40.5 in
This office chair by KOLLIEE offers a 360-degree rotation, as well as hooded caster wheels that allow the user to roll and pivot without difficulty. The foam cushion installed on the seat shows high resilience, offering comfort during work hours and maintaining its original shape for a long time. Same goes for the back of the chair, made of breathable mesh, were resistant and hard to deform. Also, the black mesh covers both the back of the product and the padded seat.
As for customizing your position, this chair allows you to adjust its height of about 4 inches by using the lever located to the right of the cushion. Here, we can once again find the same rocking mechanism we’ve previously described, making it possible to tilt back about 30 degrees even if the angle can’t be locked.
Overall, the chair is built to be long-lasting, and it can support up to 250lbs. Finally, when you want to slide it under the desk, you can simply flip up the armrests.
Pros & Cons
- 360°SWIVEL, ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT MESH OFFICE CHAIR: 360 degree swivel, armless office chair, height adjustable 4.7 inch (12 cm) . Overall Height (top to the floor): 33.1"--37.8" (84--96cm); Seat Height (seat cushion to floor): 17" - 21.7" (43-55 cm)
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: provides lumbar support to reduce back pain causing by long time sitting. Mesh covers both the padded seat and the chair back that allows air to circulate to keep you cool while leaning. Thicken padded seat cushion offers for all-day comfort.
- ARMLESS OFFICE CHAIR, EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Easy to slide under your desk, space saving. No limits, no narrows, no uncomfortable causing by armrests, friendly to bigger person. Easy to put together, video assembly instruction provided on the product page.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY MATERIALS: American-made high density mesh, high resilience foam cushion, SGS certificated gas lift cylinder. All materials are in good quality, durable, and not easy to deform.
3.Amazon Basics Classic
This is one of the other chairs at the top of the price point on this list, however it has great characteristics. This Amazon Basics chair is made of leather and the padding, both on the cushion and on the back, allows you to be comfortable over longer periods of time.
The downside is that your skin won’t breathe as well as with mesh. The 5 dual wheel casters make it easy to move the chair around, and the height is easily adjustable. You can also rock back in order to find the best position for you.
The chair is easy to assemble however, you need to be careful with the armrests because they tend to be brittle and break easily.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable desk chair upholstered in durable Puresoft PU, perfect for home office, computer desk, guest work station or conference room
- Height-adjustable padded seat with adjustable seat angle, tilt control and padded armrests
- KD metal base with durable caster wheels for smooth-rolling mobility
- Supports up to 275 pounds; BIFMA certified; assembly instructions included
- Chair dimensions: 23.75 x 26 x 38.25-42 inches (WxDxH); seat width: 19.5 inches; seat depth: 17.75 inches; arm height: 26.25~30 inches
Things to Consider Before Buying an Office Chair
With the wide range of options available on the market, knowing what to look for in an office chair becomes essential if you want to make a good choice. Here is what you should consider before buying an office chair:
How much weight can it hold?
Most chairs on our list support up to 250lbs. This means the chair won’t break easily even if you don’t need it to support a lot of weight.
Is it easy to assemble?
If the chair is easy to assemble and if the manufacturer includes all the tools you’ll need in the package, then you won’t have to struggle to get the chair ready.
What materials is the back of the chair made of?
When you need to sit down for long periods of time, having a chair that lets your skin breathe is a key feature to consider. Most of the chairs we’ve described have a back made of mesh, a breathable material that is also easy to clean.
Is the chair ergonomic?
You’re probably going to spend many hours sitting down on an office chair, therefore, making sure it has an ergonomic design becomes essential to make a good choice. With an ergonomic chair your chances of avoiding neck, back and leg pain is greatly increased.
Is there a rocking mechanism?
When you want to lean back for a moment, the rocking mechanism of an office chair allows you to tilt back and relax. Many of the products we’ve described on the list include this feature, however, for the price they come for, they don’t allow the user to lock the angle of this mechanism.
Can you adjust the height?
One of the most important features to consider is whether the chair’s height can be adjusted to fit your needs. If the answer is affirmative, then that chair might be the one you’re looking for.
What is the chair’s cushion made of?
The cushion of the chair is another crucial factor to consider since you’ll be spending quite some time sitting on it. Before settling on a chair, make sure to check if the cushion is made of a resistant material that won’t lose its original shape with time. For example, a good option could be cushions made of foam.
Can the armrests be flipped up?
Having flip-up armrests isn’t the most important feature an office chair should have, but we can’t deny it might come in handy if the space you’re working in is limited and you want to slide the chair under the desk.
The Benefits of a Chair Under $100
Although the range of available choices for an office chair is quite extensive, varying from cheap options to more expensive solutions, here are the benefits of buying a chair for less than $100:
- The price for value of these chairs is good
- There are hundreds of models to choose from
- Most chairs are sturdy and durable
- There are chairs under $100 that can support up to 300lbs
- You’ll be able to adjust the height even if the chairs aren’t expensive
- Most chairs include a mesh back that will let your skin breathe during work hours
- The ergonomic design and lumbar support will help you avoid back pain
- The cushions aren’t likely to lose their shape
- A rocking mechanism is available on most models for when you want to relax
- The products require very little time to assembly
- In most cases, the producers provide the tools needed to assemble the chairs
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $100?
Finding a comfortable position while you work and maintaining it throughout your shift is crucial if you wish to avoid back, neck, and lumbar pain. One of the many ways to do that is to purchase an ergonomic office chair that’ll help you keep a correct posture. However, whereas some chair models are quite expensive and require you to spend over $200, there are also other good-quality chairs that are not as expensive.
Most of the chairs we’ve described come for under $100 but still allow the user to adjust their height, tilt back to relax, flip up the armrests, and they also feature a mesh back and an ergonomic design. Remember that some of the most important things to consider before buying an office chair include the materials, the adjustable features and its functions.
Therefore, if you wish to buy a good office chair for a cheap price, these kinds of chair are what you should be looking at.
However, you should also be aware that, as sturdy as they can be, these products won’t probably last a decade and the cushions will eventually lose their original shape.
Still, all things considered, office chairs under $100 offer a great price for value ratio and we hope our guide will help you find the perfect office chair for you.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.
Bad posture can cause really serious health issues in the long term. The best ergonomic office chairs can help avoid this by supporting the back in the right places, particularly the lower back area known as the lumbar spine. Supporting the lumbar spine’s natural curve and keeping it in a neutral position is recommended to alleviate stress on the spine. The best office chairs for back pain do this with the use of various forms of support – fixed in the case of cheaper chairs and adjustable in more expensive option.
There are other features that the best ergonomic chair should have to. Generally, the more adjustable the better since this means you can ensure that everything from height to seat depth, armrests and headrests fit your frame. At the very least , the best office chairs for back pain include height adjustment so you can set the chair’s height so that your feet are on the ground and your knees aren’t strained.
To make our own selection of the best office chairs for back pain below, we’ve evaluated each chair according to adjustability, build quality and either our own or own reviews with several hours of testing the chair or customer reviews based on confirmed purchases. Of course, you also want an office chair that looks good, so we’ve considered style as well. And since the best ergonomic chairs overall are beyond many budgets, we’ve been sure to include some cheaper options that still provide at least basic ergonomic adjustability and support.
If you need more pointers on what you should be looking for in an office chair to avoid back pain, scroll down to the questions section at the bottom of our guide. And if you want more ideas for how to help your back and posture, see our guide to the best standing desks. We do also have a guide to the best office chairs in general, not specifically for helping posture.
With nearly 65 million American adults dealing with back pain, it’s only logical that designers are making furniture more in tune with our bodies, especially office furniture. Those with desk jobs often spend the majority of a given workday in a sedentary, sitting position, which can exacerbate existing back pain. Making a choice as simple as deciding to swap out our existing office chair for an ergonomic model can help make you significantly more comfortable throughout the day.
The best office chairs for back pain are ergonomic chairs with built-in lumbar support. The lumbar region, also known as your lower back, needs support between the chair and the natural inward curve of your spine. Having this support helps you maintain a good and healthy posture. Without lumbar support, the natural tendency is to either slouch or lean forward, and the muscles in your back have to work even harder to support your spine’s correct alignment, which tires them out.
Best Office Chair for Back Pain Under 100 – If you work in an office and you spend most of your day sitting down and typing away on your computer, then having the right office chair for Back Pain Under 100 is of crucial importance for your comfort and your health. But, if you don’t have a big budget to spend on an expensive chair, you could spend hours searching for one that will fit all your needs while not breaking the bank.
Because of this, I’ve created a list of the 8 best office chairs under $100. I based my choices on factors such as brand trust, price for value, main features and characteristics of each product and I hope this will be a useful guideline for those of you who are looking for the perfect and affordable office chair under $100.
What makes them good options? Well, we’ve inspected them, tested them, and made sure they’re quality chairs. Additionally, people who have spent time sitting in them have good things to say. Let’s take a closer look at each of these office chairs to see why they’re the best office desk chairs for Back Pain Under 100 under $100.