Best office Chair for Pregnant Ladies – Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, yet it can be grueling due to the constant pressure on one’s back and the lower torso. Many women continue to work even when they are expecting. Being working while pregnant does not mean you have to compromise on your health and posture. As the constant pain due to poor posture can lead to anxiety and other health complications.
You don’t have to worry anymore, because we have got your back. By a good chance, many brands manufacture office chairs specifically for pregnant women. These chairs provide all the comfort and care that a woman who is carrying a child deserves. We have listed the 7 best office chairs for pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a wonderful thing … except the aches, pains, and general lack of comfort. To minimize this pain and discomfort, you may want to invest in a new office chair.
We know that it may not be at the top of your list for new furniture that you need to buy, but trust us – it has its perks.
Carrying a baby hurts your whole body at times. Your back hurts, your ribs are being kicked, and your ankles are so swollen that you think they might just burst at any given moment.
Next is the Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair, one of the most adjustable desk chairs in its class. Built with a unique mechanism, you can adjust the headrest angle and height.
Not only that. You can also adjust lumbar support height, armrest height, seat height, backrest tilt, and tilt tension. By doing so, you can find the perfect and most comfortable seating position.
This ergonomic chair has a breathable mesh back. Designed to provide support and keep your back cool, it allows cool air to circulate through the mesh. This keeps your back sweat-free and allows you to sit for long periods.
Back issues are common during pregnancy. But with the Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair, you don’t have to worry about them. This desk chair offers adjustable back support.
It goes up and down, in and out. The chair also has a recline feature which allows you to tilt the backrest back and sit incorrect posture.
Made to last, it comes with a 5-year warranty and can support up to 330 pounds. It’s made from the highest quality materials that include sturdy arm and headrests, a soft cushion seat, and caster wheels.
As such, you can sit comfortably and move easily across the office floor.
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS — Unlike the office chairs sold by our competitors, which allow you to either fully recline or sit upright, we have a SECOND adjustment lever that allows you to lock in your desired recline angle at ANY degree. That way, you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you.
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
Designed for pregnant women and people who spend lots of hours in front of a computer, the Hbada Office Chair promotes correct posture. Simple and stylish, it has adjustable lumbar support.
This allows you to sit in the correct posture and protect your spine. Not only that. Correct posture prevents back pain which is common when you spend long hours sitting, while in poor posture.
It has flip-up arms for different situations. These space-saving flip-up arms allow you to rest your arms while on a break or while working.
During your break, you can simply fold the flip-up arms and push the chair under your desk. Thanks to this special design, you’ve more freedom in your room.
Stable and durable, the Hbada Office Chair has a heavy-duty base. Capable of supporting up to 250 pounds, the base has nylon caster wheels.
Designed to absorb shocks, the wheels are wear-resistant and non-slip.
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
- Breathable - High density mesh back, flexible supportive, breathable. Designed to support your lower back
- Adjustable - Hbada home office task chair has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch, match different stature. Weight capacity: 250lb.
- Stable & durable: Heavy duty base with smooth and silenced rolling casters, Max Capacity 250lbs
3.Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh
If you’re looking for a desk chair that’s easy to adjust and fits your body, we recommend the Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair. Solid and stable, it’s made of high-quality nylon.
The desk chair’s frame is silver which adds style and comfort to your home office.
It has a strong base that can support up to 280 pounds. To enable you to move around your office, the desk chair comes with PU caster wheels.
Designed to roll quietly, they do not damage your wooden floor. In fact, they move quietly and smoothly over the office floor.
Like other ergonomic chairs for pregnant women, this model comes with a breathable mesh. Suitable for those who sit for long periods, the mesh allows cool air in and out.
This helps to cool your back and prevent sweating. Easy to clean, the breathable mesh resists transformation.
You can adjust the desk chair’s seat height and tilt tension. To adjust the seat height, press the handle on the seat’s right side, and for the tilt tension, rotate the knob under the seat. This will enable you to get the most comfortable setting.
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chairs directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chairs good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic office chairs come with 2 years warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer you effective solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the office computer chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
How to Choose the Best Office Chair for Pregnant Ladies
1. Superior Back Support
Women generally gain between 25 to 35 pounds of weight during a healthy pregnancy, according to WebMD. This increase in weight can put additional load on the lower spine. It’s no surprise that this is one of the biggest reasons why many women experience increasing lower back pain during pregnancy.
To help mitigate the risk of injury, it’s important to find an ergonomic office chair with superior lumbar support. Not only will it help you maintain proper posture, but it will help reduce the load on your spine. Proper back support is the number one priority for a pregnant woman.
2. Neck Support
It’s normal for a pregnant woman to experience headaches and neck pain. This may happen due to a combination of hormonal and physiological changes during pregnancy. One common occurrence is the enlargement of breast tissue that can increase strain on the neck, shoulders, and upper spine.
This is why, having proper neck support is paramount to support your upper body, especially when working with a computer. Having to lean forward while sitting down is not only bad for your posture, but bad for the baby as well.
3. Adjustable Armrests
Because every woman will go through physical changes during pregnancy, it’s important to have the ability to adjust sitting positions throughout these 9 months, especially in the mid-section and arms area of the body.
This is where adjustable armrests come in. By allowing you to change the arms support of the chair, you can freely move around and not be constricted when sitting down. It’s surely is a luxury to be able to switch things up every now and then, all to your liking.
4. Strong Durability
Last but not least, one of the most important considerations of choosing the right office chair for pregnant ladies is its durability. Not only is it important to support your-ever-increasing weight, but you wouldn’t want to feel like the chair is going to crumble beneath your weight now, would you?
We’ve taken extensive measures to make sure that every chair on this list fits all these criteria, giving you peace of mind when you need to work while sitting down. Rest assured, you can expect these chairs to support you throughout the journey of pregnancy.
PRO TIP: Learning the proper way to sit correctly while pregnant is equally as important as choosing the right chair. Take the time to learn the some of the best tips and tricks to maximize your comfort.
Best Way to Sit In A Chair During Pregnancy
If you have a nine-to-five job and you experience back pains, the chances are that you might have a wrong sitting posture. The correct way of sitting in a chair is to have your back upright. Besides, you should throw your shoulders back, and your bottom should be touching the back of your chair. Doing this will alleviate tension from the lower back, and you will experience fewer back pains, if not none. You can also use small cushions known as pregnancy cushions or lumbar rolls for your lower back which is quite soothing and relaxing.
Another way to find a comfortable position and posture in a chair is to sit at the end of the chair and bend your body completely, making sure to keep your legs some distance apart. Now, take your back straight up and bring the full curve of your body out. Now, slowly relax your body and bring it down to 10 degrees; this position will be your best sitting position. Other than that, you need to make sure your legs are some distance apart, they are at right angles, and your weight is distributed evenly on your hips.
Adding to that, you also need to make sure you move around a little and that you don’t sit in the same position for too long. Other than that, make sure your working desk is at the right height because if it is too high or too low, it will keep you in the wrong posture. Keep relaxing your arms and legs after short intervals for better blood flow.
Can you sit for long in an office chair during pregnancy?
Yes, you can sit in an office chair for a long time provided you take a rest after short intervals and sit in a proper position. There are special chairs for pregnancy that come with lumbar support, which protects your lower back. If you don’t have that chair, you can sit in a regular chair by keeping a lumbar pillow roll to support your back. Also, you need to keep your back upright to reduce tension from the lower back.
What are the best office chairs for pregnancy?
Pregnancy chairs provide ultimate support to the lower back because that is the site that gets the most pressure while you are pregnant. Many brands manufacture top-quality pregnancy chairs. One of the best chairs you may want to know about is the Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair which is quite affordable. Other than that, Storkcraft Hoop Glider and Ottoman provide ultimate comfort.
Does working for long hours affect your growing baby?
Sitting for longer periods of time may not directly affect your baby. However, it can affect your posture and cause some serious pains in your back and lower torso. Therefore, you should avoid sitting for long periods of time, but if that’s inevitable, you can get your hands on comfortable pregnancy chairs.
Pregnancy is a long journey of struggle, it brings its joys, but at the same time, it is packed with exhaustion and aches. It can be even more arduous if you have a nine-to-five office job that requires sitting for long hours.
If you cannot wait one more moment to swap out your uncomfortable office chair for an ergonomic option to help you along your pregnancy, don’t worry – we have you covered. Here we’ll mention the best office chair for pregnancy – which is the SmugDesk Bonded Leather Adjustable Desk Chair – and some reasons that helped us come to this decision:
- The backrest and seat are covered in leather, which is both comfortable and cooling.
- You can adjust many features of the chair, such as the backrest and armrests.
- The cushioning is high-density, which helps keep you comfortable and relieves pressure from the areas where you need it the most.
- This chair will make you feel like the badass businesswoman that you are!
Well, we can’t help much with the ribs or ankles, but the backache can be drastically improved with just one adjustment in your daily routine.
Sitting for eight hours a day with bad posture can really accentuate this pain in your lower back, and it can even cut off circulation to your legs.
Opting for a new office chair that helps you improve your posture will greatly improve some of the pain that you’re feeling. Moreover, good lumbar support will further cushion your lower back.
Below we’ll be looking at five of the best office chairs for pregnancy, as well as a few of the most important things to look out for when choosing the right chair for you and your body.
Best office Chair for Pregnant Ladies – Did you know? About eight-in-ten pregnant workers (82%) continued in the workplace until within one month of their first birth, according to Pew Research Center. Due to the demands of modern work, women today are more likely to work during pregnancy.
While pregnancy is an interesting period for a woman, it is perhaps one of the most challenging times of all. This is especially true if you are a working woman who needs to sit down while at work. Don’t worry ladies, we’ve got you covered!
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best office chairs for pregnancy. Through countless hours of research and testing, we’ve made sure that you can find comfort while you work, either at home or the office, all the while preparing for your newborn baby.
But before we go over our top 5, let’s quickly go over the things you need to consider when choosing the best office chair for a pregnant woman.