Best Office Chair for Video Editing – Video editors spend a lot of time sitting and this underscores the importance of having a good chair. The best chairs for anyone who does video editing should have ergonomic features that facilitate the right sitting posture and comfort. Failure to do this may lead to poor posterior health which could lead to other ailments.
Also, with a poor sitting posture, you will not be as productive as you need to be. And during this period when many people are working from home, it would be a good time for anyone and, not just video editors, to invest in a good chair that keeps you comfortable as you work long hours.
Editing videos, whether for a marketing company or a personal project, can be a long process. It often requires sitting for long periods of time and takes a lot of hard work. As such, you need to have a good chair. Poor support leads to a lot of discomfort, and it can wreak havoc on your neck and back.
Having the wrong editing chair can cause you a lot of pain. However, picking the right one is no simple task. The following guide will break down the best editing chairs and explain the features that put them above the pack.
1.Hbada Office Task
If you’re not a fan of aggressive and stylish looks and want something a bit more elegant and classy then the Hbada Ergonomic office chair is your best bet. Renowned as one of the most comfortable chairs around, this comfortable chair is what a video editor might need.
The Hbada chair has a design that was made to mimic the human spine. The unique design keeps your spine aligned and manages your posture to support the lower back. You won’t need to do any kind of adjustments. This chair is specifically great for those with back pain.
It comes with quite a few adjusting features. It has height-adjustable arms and lumbar support, headrest. You can also recline from 90° to 125°. Meanwhile, it also has a breathable structure seat that allows airflow. The airflow allows your back to remain cool and comfortable while working long hours.
Unlike other chairs, this is very easy to assemble. The screw that this chair comes with has extra backups so even if you lose one you won’t have any problem. As no additional tools are needed you can put it together very quickly. This chair can hold up to 250 lbs as it’s quite durable.
Speaking of durability this chair has a steel base. The mute nylon wheel on the other hand is shock-resistant, non-slip, and wear-resistant. It also has SGS-3 certified cylinders. All in all, we couldn’t find a better chair for video editors than this one. Don’t have any doubts about picking up this one.
Pros & Cons
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
- Breathable - High density mesh back, flexible supportive, breathable. Designed to support your lower back
- Adjustable - Hbada home office task chair has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch, match different stature. Weight capacity: 250lb.
- Stable & durable: Heavy duty base with smooth and silenced rolling casters, Max Capacity 250lbs
- Customer Warranty Service: Hbada provides three years warranty that is processed in the most hassle-free way possible. Customer-first is the original aspiration of Hbada.No matter what problems you encounter during use, you can contact us. We will provide you with professional services on the product.
2.Homall Gaming Chair
Looking for the best chair for video editors that looks great on top of being comfortable? The Homall Gaming Office chair is your best bet. Adored by the masses, this stylish-looking chair is the best-selling chair on Amazon!
The Homall chair is made from selected materials so the quality is ensured at every step. It has a high-density foam on the back so your back will always be in comfort. It’s also elasticity resilient and wears resistant leather skin. It also has a 1.8mm thick steel frame that makes it more sturdy and stable.
The configuration of this chair is quite good too. It has a Class-3 gas lift verified by SGS. It’s both durable and reliable as it supports up to 300lbs. The rubber caster is quality ensured too as they roll quietly and up to 1000 miles. (But seriously who rolls casters for 1000 miles?)
The height on this chair is adjustable too as you can adjust up to 17.3-21.5 inches. This chair also has a 360-degree swivel and it can rock back and forth when you adjust the knob beneath the seat.
Though it’s flashy looks might not be for everyone, it’s probably my most favorite chair for video editors in 2022. If you can, you should go for this one.
Pros & Cons
- Selected Material: High density shaping foam, more comfortable, elasticity resilience and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. Pu Leather, skin friendly and wear resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration: Class 3 gas lift, durable, reliable and supports up to 300lbs. Rubber casters, rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Multi Function: 360 degree swivel and multi direction wheels, load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity. Recline function. Between 90 to 180 degree. Rocking function: chair can rock back and forth when you adjust the knob beneath the seat.
- Dimension: Size of back: 22.5 inch and 30.5 inch. Size of seat: 14.5 inch and 20.5 inch. Seat adjustable height: 17.3 to 21.5 inch.
- Wide Usage: This gaming chair is suitable for you to play computer games, watch show, do the work and have a rest. It will make your space more modern and elegant.
If you don’t like the Homall gaming chair and want a similar gaming chair in the same price range then take a look at the OFM Essential racing style chair. This chair looks fabulous and comes in 11 colors to choose from.
The OFM chair provides comfort during intense workdays. That’s because it has a segmented padded seat and back design that offers the utmost comfort to its user. It also has a SofThread Leather and blue mesh with black stitching that gives it an aggressive vibe.
Durability isn’t a factor with this chair as it can hold up to 275 lbs at a time. It makes comfortability its main priority with a padded headrest, padded arms, and padded back.
This chair features height adjustment, center-tilt control, flip-up arms, and 360 degrees of swivel. All of this weight is handled by durable rolling casters. Don’t expect this chair to break up anytime soon.
Though the height goes down by itself at times, it’s just a temporary problem. Other than that there aren’t many chairs that can perform on the level of OFM essential chairs. Pick this up while you can.
Pros & Cons
- PREMIUM MAKE & MATERIALS - The chair provides superior luxury and comfort even during long, intense work hours. The premium thread stitched diamond pattern provides a sophisticated detail that provides additional comfort.
- CONTOURED COMFORT - The computer chair features contoured, segmented ultra-plush padding, is covered in breathable bonded leather for a luxurious feel, and provides all-day back support with the integrated lumbar cushion.
- INTEGRATED SUPPORT - This executive chair features an integrated headrest and arms that are padded for all-day comfort and support with a five-star base that is molded from reinforced resin with a 360-degree swivel.
- ERGONOMIC FEATURES - The center-tilt mechanism rotates the chair seat and back together into a comfortable reclining position while the tilt tension controls the rate and ease of recline, ensuring that you don't recline too fast.
- RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK - This multi-purpose chair features a 250 lb weight capacity. You can purchase this office chair with confidence.
- Note : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the user manual (provided in pdf below)
Buyer’s Guide: What Makes the Best Chair for Video Editing?
Any experienced video editor is probably familiar with the discomfort associated with long sessions in the editing bay, especially as project deadlines approach.
Prolonged sitting puts tremendous strain on your lower back, which causes health problems. Studies show long-term sitting is also associated with:
- Musculoskeletal disorder symptoms in the lower back, shoulders, knees, and thighs
The right chair reduces the likelihood you’ll experience these negative symptoms. Look for the following features in your video editing chair.
The chair you get should be adjustable to your size. The University of New Hampshire claims a proper chair will have:
- A backrest that follows the natural curve of your spine
- Back support across the lumbar and thoracic regions
- Height adjustments and tilt controls at least 15 degrees from the vertical position
- A comfortable and padded seat
- Adjustable seat height and pan depth
- Soft armrests that allow your shoulders and elbows to sit comfortably
- A sturdy base
- Five legs
- Mobility across the floor
The chair must fit your body or at least have the adjustment to do so (more on this later).
Adjustability and Tilt
An adjustable chair is perfect for video editing. You should also be able to tilt and lock the position in place.
The University of New Hampshire says your chair is adjusted properly if you have:
- A lower and middle back support
- 90-degree angle knees when your feet are flat on the floor
- Space for at least two fingers between your thigh and the edge of the seat pan
- Space for at least two fingers between the back of your knee and the front of the seat
- Hips and ankles are also at 90-degrees while sitting
- Armrests not in direct contact with your elbows
Higher quality video editing chairs may utilize varying adjustable options.
Video editing chairs also must be supportive. The chair needs to reinforce the neck and back so you can sit without causing any discomfort or pain.
Ergonomic chairs are highly recommended for anyone who sits for an extended time regularly. Research shows that using an ergonomic chair reduces the musculoskeletal dysfunction symptoms associated with prolonged sitting. The reason for its success is the support.
A video editing chair also needs to move freely and change postures. Look for five wheels, which should support your weight and maintain good alignment as you glide across the floor.
What is the best chair for sitting all day?
All the chairs we have discussed in this article are capable of giving you the best level of comfort while clocking an all-nighter in front of your computer. Video editors often need to work tirelessly for extended sessions to get their projects done. So, they must use the best chairs for video editors to keep spine injury risks at bay.
What features should I look for in a chair for video editing?
First and foremost, you need to check the quality of the padding used. Since you would be spending a lot of time in these, you need to make sure your backside remains comfortable no matter how long you sit in the chair. The height and tilt adjustment features are also essential because you need to find the right position that suits you best.
Recline-ability is also an important thing to consider. You might often feel the urge to loosen up and take a break. You can just recline and relax for a while as the video software work its magic on the screen.
All video editors find themselves juggling between multiple screens time and time again. To handle such work frenzy situations, you would want the chair to swivel instantly and the casters to move effortlessly on the floor.
Should I look for mesh back or leather?
Mesh and leather both are excellent backrest materials, with individual functionalities. Leather coatings seem more gorgeous and often outlast mesh backs. However, without a proper air-conditioning system in your workspace, a leatherback chair might make you feel hot and sweaty after a long working shift.
Mesh backs are the obvious go-to choice if you need to keep your back cool and comfy during the summer. But if you can handle the heat, leatherbacks would be the best option for you.
When it comes to buying a chair for your editing whether at home or in your office, you would come across an overwhelming number of options. Our best chairs for video editing list was an endeavor to help you out in your search for the ideal video editing chair.
Each of the products mentioned here has received rave reviews from a majority of their past users. Go through the list carefully and see which model suits your needs the best.
Lumbar support refers to furniture that provides extra support to the lumbar region to keep the spine aligned in its natural curvature. Lumbar-support furniture keeps the muscles from overtaxing themselves, which can help an injury in this region heal.
In conclusion, I have to say that be sure to check on our top pick. It is a great chair for video editing which has to be in your list. For video editing the recommended chairs are some of the best that will offer great support and comfort while you work for long hours.
Best Office Chair for Video Editing – A comfortable and healthy seating arrangement is a must for video editors since they spend hours stationed in front of their screens. Without using the best chairs for video editing, your posterior health could take a severe hit in the long run because of years of poor posture. Therefore, an ergonomic and comfortable chair has to be an intrinsic part of a video editor’s workstation.
The chairs we would be discussing here would benefit anyone who needs to sit for extended periods. You would find them useful while gaming, or binge-watching your favorite TV shows on the computer.
In the current situation, many of us are getting used to the idea of working from home. So, now would be a good time to invest in a chair that keeps your back comfy as you put in long hours at your desk.
Video editors spend most of their time seated. As an editor, it is essential to have the best office chair that you can afford. The best chairs for video editors need to be ergonomic and be used in combination with the perfect desk, as this will help prevent bad sitting posture that can lead to certain ailments.
That said, we’ve reviewed some of the best chairs video editors can buy for both home use or for the studio office.