Best Office Chairs for Big Guys – Picking the best office chair will likely come down to your needs. With so many different body types and preferences, there isn’t a clear cut best, big office chair for everyone.
The most important thing to consider is size first. Ensuring the seat and back fit you comfortably is a great place to start. If the chair is the correct size, you’ll want to ensure it has a good capacity. Picking something right at your current weight could pose an issue in the future.
Picking a proper big and tall office chair can take a while. However, once you lay your eyes on one of the chair models, make sure you check its weight capacity as well as the seat width and back height.
If you want your chair to serve you for a long time, don’t forget to check its warranty. Of course, there’s no single best office chair that would fit every bigger or taller person. Yet, it’s still possible to find the one that would fit your body type the most.back to menu ↑
- 【 Bonded Leather Office Chair 】 Forget about the uncomfortable office chairs that make it impossible to concentrate on your work. This REFICCER big and tall executive chair was designed for your comfort. The chair has thick and soft padding and waterfall seat edge for less pressure on the back of your legs so you can stay comfortable even when you have to sit down for hours
- 【 Ergonomic & Adjustable Design 】 Seat-side actuated levers help you raise or lower your seat and rock back in your chair. Awesome tilt tension knob underneath the seat is to adjust the flexibility of rocking back in your chair
- 【 Wider & More Comfortable 】 The executive chair was designed with a solid and stable structure, with explosion-proof gas, heavy-duty metal base, weight capacity up to 400lbs ; meanwhile, for big and tall users, exceptionally large seat and high back would be a humanized design
- 【 High-End Materials 】 We make sure that all materials used are for maximum comfort and style. The chair is made with bonded leather which gives it a unique and elegant style and makes it a perfect addition to any office. The high-quality leather also makes the computer chair incredibly strong and comfortable for the best possible experience Key Product Features
- 【 Risk-Free Purchase 】 - Your satisfaction matters and this is why we make sure that each chair is flawlessly made just for you. We have faith that you will love our leather executive chair but if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, our helpful, prompt, and friendly Customer Service specialists are at your disposal. Besides, our products are also backed by a 1-year warranty so if anything goes wrong, just let us know
back to menu ↑
2.Steelcase Leap Plus
- Leap Plus offers the same benefits, aesthetic appeal and functionality of Leap with support for users up to 500 lbs.
- Live Back technology that allows the back of the chair to mimic the movements of the spine
- Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports your needs
- Designed with the planet in mind and is up to 98% recyclable by weight and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Weight tested up to 500 pounds with no loss of performance
back to menu ↑
3.HON Wave Chair
- MESH BACK CHAIR: This task chairs breathable mesh back conforms to your upper body for added support to keep you cool and comfortable while you work
- ERGONOMIC ADJUSTMENTS: Let this comfortable computer chair take care of your body while you work with customizable and adjustable rate and ease of recline plus height adjustable arms for added upper body support
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: These office chairs offer excellence without expense so you can stretch your furniture dollar while working in comfort
- ON THE MOVE: Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star base and durable wheels
- DURABLE HIGH BACK CHAIR: We use only high-quality materials to keep your chair rolling for years but keep you covered with the HON 5-year Limited Warranty just in case something goes wrong
back to menu ↑
- Made of Black bonded leather with contrast stitching
- Product dimensions – 30” D x 26.75” W x 43”-45” H | Seat size – 20.25” W x 19” D | Seat height – 19”-21” | Back size – 26” H | Weight capacity – 250 lbs. | Arm height – 25”-27”
- Ergonomic desk chair great for home and professional offices
- The comfort you know and love from Serta mattresses in an executive office chair
- Easy-to-reach adjustment controls let you customize the chair height and contoured lumbar zone | Fully adjustable height, recline, and tilt-tension settings
back to menu ↑
5.OneSpace Taft Mesh
- One of the widest big and tall chairs available; a new level of larger occupant support and working comfort
- Lumbar adjustable seat; durable and supportive pocket coil cushioning conforms to any body contour
- Handsome bonded leather with multi-flip armrests; breathable suspension mesh back
- Reinforced pneumatic lift; butterfly mechanism multi-adjusts seat height, tilt, and tilt lock
- 500 Pound weight capacity; measures 30.5 inches wide by 28 inches deep by 43.5 to 47 inches high
back to menu ↑
- 【 RACING STYLE & MULTIFUNCTIONS 】 - Innovative implant USB electric massager inside the lumbar cushion effectively helps you relieve fatigue; Retractable padded footrest, 360° swivel base, smooth rollers, adjustable armrests, height, and back reclining angles make it a decent gaming chair with an excellent recline locking system to lock the back between 90°~135°
- 【 PLUSH COMFORT 】 - This chair boasts a flat wide seat, which provides additional space for relaxed seating. Soft padding and premium PU leather, easy to maintain & fade resistant, offers superb stability and comfort
- 【 EASY ASSEMBLY 】 - Our gaming chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools needed, with all components at commercial-grade standard. Weight capacity is up to 250lb. It's very easy to assemble the chair.
- 【 LARGE SIZE 】 - Overall dimension: 26 7/8" x 26 7/8"x 48 7/8"-52" (L x W x H); seating area dimension: 18 1/8" x 18 7/8" (W x D); backrest dimension: 20 7/8" x 32 1/4" (W x H)
- 【 WE CARE WHAT YOU THINK 】 - 1-year warranty on parts. Any questions about our products or service, please feel free to let us know
back to menu ↑
7.Luxe Racer Turbo
- TURBO: The same great style, cutouts, and quality features of the Luxe Racer plus seat and back panels with double edge stitching for a wider, more robust design
- LEATHER – Luxe Master uses non-toxic, solvent-free, environmentally friendly automotive grade PVC leather, engineered for comfort, durability and longevity
- FOAM – Using a technique borrowed from the automotive industry to ensure the highest quality, longest lasting and most comfortable cushion, Luxe Master crafts all seat cushions in-house with one piece, high resiliency foam to combine flexibility, comfort and durability over the years
- FRAME – Made from automotive grade steel, we manufacture the frames in-house before upholstering to ensure the chair starts with the highest quality at the core. A top-quality steel frame is vital to ensure the longevity of the foam and leather upholstery
- RECLINING MECHANISM – The heavy-duty reclining mechanism reclines from 95 to 155 degrees, and has higher stability and strength than most other chairs on the market
back to menu ↑
8.Big and Tall Chair
- ★ 【ENHANCE YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE】 - With our gaming chair’s large size, unique design and body hugging style, your gaming sessions can now last for hours! Enjoy an uninterrupted game without having to hit pause to readjust your sitting position or stretch your sore muscles as our premium quality multifunctional game chair is highly adjustable and super comfortable
- ★ 【THE MOST COMFORTABLE CHAIR YOU’LL EVER SIT IN】 - Ergonomically designed and boasting an extra high backrest, our gaming chair gently embraces your body and supports your neck and spine. Paired with the included memory foam seat and high-end gel cold cure foam lumbar/ seat cushion which provides an added comfort layer, optimal support and encourages good posture, our gaming chair will be your preferred seat of choice
- ★ 【HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE - EVERYONE CAN USE IT】- Featuring a 360° swivel - height-adjustable mechanism - back angle and recline/rock locking system to lock the back at any angle up to 155° - wider armrests adjustable to 4 Dimensions (up / down, forward / backward, left / right, vertical), anyone can comfortably use our game chair. Customize the seat to your liking, sit back and work, play or relax
- ★ 【YOUR SEARCH FOR A STURDY GAME CHAIR ENDS HERE】 - Premium construction with high quality materials, leather, fabric and memory foam guarantees you will enjoy our chair for years! The integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international standards and heavy duty metal base with smooth-rolling caster wheels provide a sturdy foundation to the chair able to withstand up to 440lbs. Available in neutral black and brown, our chair will complement and space you place it in
- ★ 【BUY WITH CONFIDENCE】 - Your satisfaction is our top priority! We offer you excellent after-sales service with a customer support team ready to assist you with any questions you may have and 1 YEAR WARRANTY on parts! Grab your Gaming Chair today risk free! Click “Add To Cart” Now and take your gaming experience to the next level with supreme comfort and support
back to menu ↑
9.Amazon Basics Padded
- Ergonomic, swivel office chair with durable polyurethane bonded (faux) leather upholstery on seat and back
- Adjustable-height padded seat; padded armrests; adjustable seat angle; tilt control
- 5-legged base with durable casters for smooth-rolling mobility; weighs 26.5 pounds.
- 275-pound maximum weight capacity; assembly instructions included
- BIFMA Certified
- Chair Dimensions: Measures 24 x 24.2 x 34.8-38.6 inches (LxWxH); adjustable seat height and angle
back to menu ↑
10.Home Office Chair
- ✿【Easy to Set up】 - Office chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the desk chair instruction, you'll found easy to assemble, and computer chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins.
- ✿【Soft & Comfort Seat】 - Desk chair using high-density sponge cushion, more flexible, office chair with a middle back design, rectangular ornament not only as a decoration, it can provide good lumbar support makes you feel comfortable.
- ✿【Quality Material】 - All the accessories of our office chair have passed the test of BIFMA, which is a guarantee for your personal safety. The mesh chair can bear the weight of 250lbs.
- ✿【With Armrest】 - It is a good choice to add one of our computer chair in your office or put a desk chair in your home/activity room. The seat height can be adjusted from 17.1"-20.3" and the seat measures 18.5"(W)*18"(D)
- ✿【Ergonomic & New Patent】- The cushion of office chair, armrest accord with human body engineering design, let your body and mesh chair perfect fit, suit long time use, give you creative design!
back to menu ↑
Best Office Chairs for Big Guys – BUYER’S GUIDE
1. Seat Width and Depth
The first thing you must consider when looking for a new large office chair is the seat width and depth. If you’re unsure the width you need to be comfortable, measure your current chair. If that isn’t as wide or narrow as you’d like, estimate what width you require to be comfortable.
While seat width is fixed, seat depth can be extended on chairs with depth adjustment functions. They provide adjustment both directions, creating a better fit for shorter and longer legs than a fixed seat. While this feature isn’t as common on heavy capacity chairs, higher-end models will offer it.
When looking at the different models of chairs available, there are certain design aspects that can impact the seat width. If the chair has side bolsters, this can restrict the width of the seat. You’ll find these on gaming chairs. If there is a hard-plastic frame exposed, this can sometimes be uncomfortable to sit on.back to menu ↑
2. Seat Height
Getting your legs in the proper position will require proper seat height. The standard size office chair will offer a range between 16” to 20”. If you’re over 6’4” tall, 20” high for the seat is already too short for proper ergonomics.
All body types are different, some users carry more height in their torso and others in their legs. What height you require will depend on how your body is proportioned. The recommended way to sit is with your feet flat on the floor and your upper and lower leg at a 90-degree angle.
To find this height, we recommend positioning yourself on an existing chair and verifying the measurement to get your legs positioned this way.back to menu ↑
3. Back Height
The average back height of an office chair is between 19-22” tall. If you’re under 6’2”, backrest height doesn’t often become an issue. If you’re over 6’2”, some backrests will be creating discomfort from their design.
It’s important to consider the design and shape of the backrest. If the upper frame of a backrest is made of hard plastics, it can dig into your shoulder blades. This will lead to extreme discomfort if you’re tall.
Chairs that include headrests can also pose an issue for tall people. If the headrest isn’t tall enough, they can hit you in the shoulders. Some will create a minor annoyance, while others will push you forward. Both are bad when considering proper ergonomics in a chair. Selecting a chair with a headrest should only be done if the chair is designed for a tall user.back to menu ↑
4. Weight Capacity
Standard office chairs are typically rated for 250 up to 275 lbs. While you may be under the rating for the chair, it might not be a good option for you. If you’re looking for a solid investment, that will last a long time, I would suggest picking a chair at least 10% over your current weight. Selecting a chair that is close to your weight brings the potential for issues down the road.
Something additional to consider with weight capacity: just because a chair is rated for 400 lbs., doesn’t mean that it will fit someone that weight comfortably in the chair. A good example of this is the Steelcase Leap and Gesture chairs. Both are rated at 400 lbs. but are standard size office chairs. If you’re 300 to 400 lbs., there is a good chance you won’t be comfortable in their products. This is where consideration of chair dimensions is so important.back to menu ↑
5. Ergonomic Adjustments
One of the common things we’ve found with big and tall office chairs, especially low-cost products, is they tend to be fairly basic. Because of the capacity required, manufacturers like to limit the movement in the components to avoid chairs breaking. That doesn’t mean that big and tall chairs can’t come with good ergonomic adjustments.
If you’re looking for well-built big and tall chair with all of the common ergonomic adjustments, you will need to start your search over the $700 mark. This can be expensive for some budgets but looking below this price is likely to leave you with a broken chair sooner than later.
Looking at the chairs in our list, the least expensive true “ergonomic” option starts at $700. Well-built chairs below that price will only feature a few adjustments or won’t offer capacities over 350 lbs.back to menu ↑
One of the most important things to look at when protecting your investment is a solid warranty. Because of the high capacities, manufacturers warranties will vary significantly here. Some products in the big and tall category will be offered with warranties as short as 30 days.
Our best pick for warranty comes with a 15-year warranty that is rated for 24/7 usage. It’s important to look at the fine print of the chair you’re considering. Manufacturers will often provide warranties for 40-hour weeks and limited coverage of certain components.
If you’re looking for a good warranty, you should plan on spending more than $500 for your next chair. Almost all the products under that price point will offer warranties that are two years or less. In understanding the value associated with a solid warranty, it might be worth the extra money to get a better chair with a longer warranty.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Do You Need A Big & Tall Office Chair?
While there aren’t a ton of options for bigger and taller office chairs on the market as there are for smaller-to-medium-sized users, there still are enough heavy-duty chairs out there to give you a variety of options. Above, we have listed our picks for the top big and tall office chairs currently available. So, if you are in the market for a bigger chair, one of the options listed above should get the job done for you.back to menu ↑
Even though there are tons of different office chairs on the market, the number of big and tall office chairs is a bit limited. Of course, there’s no magic chair that would be a great fit for everyone. But, we set out on a mission to find the top nine best big and tall office chairs to help you enhance your work setup.