Best Office Chairs for Hip Pain – Hip pain is an unfortunate problem that can plague many office workers. It can be caused by a number of different things, but one cause of hip pain in office workers is sitting down for many hours on end.
This can become an even bigger problem when you’re sitting on a chair that is not ergonomically designed, and thus does not give you the right support and comfort.
So, now that we’ve shown you some of the best office chairs for hip pain, it’s really important to know what you are actually looking for in an office chair. Knowing what you’re looking for can be the difference between buying a great chair and one that’s pretty much useful to you
Without further ado, here are some things to consider when you are looking for the best office chair for hip pain.back to menu ↑
- Live Lumbar technology contours to fit your spine for continuous lower back support as you move in your chair
- Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports your needs
- The Amia chair is Indoor Advantage Gold certified from Scientific Certification Systems and is up to 97% recyclable
- Weight tested to support up to 300 pounds with no loss of performance
back to menu ↑
- GIVE FREEDOM TO YOUR BODY : T50 is not only beautiful, but also practical in the ergonomic point of view. It ideally supports your back, helping you stay comfortable all day long. With T50 moving naturally with you, you‘ll be supported in every single position. Experience SIDIZ’s advanced ergonomic technology with T50. Key Product Features
- ERGONOMIC S-CURVE DESIGN: The beautifully-shaped backrest makes your waist remain in an S-shape and prevents back pain while weight on the lumber disk is distributed properly.
- EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE : With the advanced multi-limited tilting mechanism, you may set the chair to 5 different tilting angles, and lean to the degree you wish. You can also change the seat slope or slide, and adjust the armrest and the headrest as you wish. These allow you to personalize the chair to your preference.
- FRESH MESH BACK : High quality polyester stripe mesh back provides a comfortable seating experience with good ventilation for long term use.
- STRONG AND FLEXIBLE STRUCTURE : T50 consists of an aluminum frame to ensure high durability. The parts that touch the body are made of more soft and comfortable materials for your comfort. The seat pad allows you to have a more padded pillowy sitting experience.
back to menu ↑
- BREATHABLE MESH EXECUTIVE CHAIR: This stylish work chair's Ilira-stretch mesh seat back and sandwich mesh cushion with two layers of padding keep your body happy and cool so you can concentrate on work
- CUSTOMIZABLE: This Ignition Series task chair's customizable back recline, back height, and seat positioning will support you no matter who you are, how you work, or where you work
- ADJUSTABLE ARMS: Give your neck and back a break; these adjustable-height and width arms move up and down, and toward and away from the body to adapt to your body
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 44.5" H x 27" W x 28.5" D || Seat dimensions: 20"W x 19"D
- Warranted for users up to 300 lbs.
- ON THE MOVE: Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and durable wheels
- DURABLE HIGH BACK CHAIR: We use only high-quality materials to keep your chair rolling for years but keep you covered with the HON Full Lifetime Warranty just in case something goes wrong
back to menu ↑
- Size B
back to menu ↑
- COMFORTABLE -Thanks to this state-of-the-art office chair’s numerous adjustable features you can be assured of finding a comfortable seating position just for you. You can adjust the headrest height and angle; the lumbar support height and depth; the armrest height and distance from seat; the seat height; the backrest tilt; and the tilt tension
- BREATHABLE MESH -The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- BACK SUPPORT -Have back issues or don’t want to develop them? This adjustable office chair includes adjustable lumbar support and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable! The lumbar support can be adjusted up and down 3CM and back and forth 5CM.
- EASY TO INSTALL -Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- HIGHEST QUALITY -This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials,including a soft cushion seat,sturdy arm and head rests and caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor.Get your office chair and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days,if you don't love it, you can return it.Product warranty period is on 2 years
back to menu ↑
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chair directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chair good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic task chairs come with 1 year warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer you satisfactory solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the ergonomic chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
back to menu ↑
back to menu ↑
- ✿【Easy to Set up】 - Office chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the desk chair instruction, you'll found easy to assemble, and computer chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins.
- ✿【Soft & Comfort Seat】 - Desk chair using high-density sponge cushion, more flexible, office chair with a middle back design, rectangular ornament not only as a decoration, it can provide good lumbar support makes you feel comfortable.
- ✿【Quality Material】 - All the accessories of our office chair have passed the test of BIFMA, which is a guarantee for your personal safety. The mesh chair can bear the weight of 250lbs.
- ✿【With Armrest】 - It is a good choice to add one of our computer chair in your office or put a desk chair in your home/activity room. The seat height can be adjusted from 17.1"-20.3" and the seat measures 18.5"(W)*18"(D)
- ✿【Ergonomic & New Patent】- The cushion of office chair, armrest accord with human body engineering design, let your body and mesh chair perfect fit, suit long time use, give you creative design!
back to menu ↑
- Ergonomic office chair with lumbar support mesh back for breathability.
- Updated thick padded Seat provide extra comfort for daily use.
- Bifima certification: more reliable and sturdy, maximum capacity up to 265 lbs.
- 5 star heavy duty base with 360 degree swivel wheels, running smoothly on floors.
- The wing Type back support makes you sit comfortably while you work.
back to menu ↑
- 【Adjustable Mesh Chair】You can adjust lumbar support height and depth; headrest height and angle; armrest height; seat cushion height; tilting angle up to 140°and rocking resilience to your personal most comfortable position
- 【Ergonomic Backrest & Armrest】Our adjustable elastic backrest can perfectly fit your spine and significantly ease the fatigue and pain of your back. Also, our durable metal-core armrest with bigger, thicker and softer concaved PU padding provides you more comfortable arm support
- 【Comfortable Seat】Unlike other ergonomic desk chairs' thin shredded foam seat, out seat is made of 3 inches high density foam with W-shaped and waterfall-edge design, providing larger support area and disperse pressure on hip and thighs
- 【Unique Headrest & Quality Mesh】Compared with other high back office chairs' small mesh headrest, our big cuved foam headrest provides more comfortable neck and head support. Plus, our breathable mesh with strong tensile strength provides cool and comfortable back support, enabling long hours sitting relaxed without sweat
- 【Warranty】We provide 30 days money-back guarantee, one year warranty and professional after sales service for our ergonomic office chair. If there is any quality problem, please contact us and we will provide you a 100% satisfied solution. This easy assembly ergonomic computer chair has comprehensive packaging with clear instructions; therefore, no need to worry damage or assembly issues
back to menu ↑
Best Office Chairs for Hip Pain – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Weight Capacity and Chair Size
If you are looking for a good office chair to help you with your hip pain, then it’s absolutely pivotal that the chair is able to properly handle your weight.
All chairs have their own maximum weight capacity. While one chair may be able to suit someone of an average body size, another may be able to support someone between 250 and 300 lbs.
Image via Amazon
And certain chairs, such as big and tall office chairs, are engineered to exceed those capacities, sometimes allowing for weights in excess of 400 lbs. These chairs are built to provide sufficient long-term support depending on the weight of the user.
If you are too heavy, then the chair will not provide ample support and you may compensate by sitting with poor posture, which can result in increased hip pain over the long term.
Also, make sure you find a chair that is the right size. Usually, with any good task chair, you can adjust the height of the chair so it’s comfortable enough. But, to be sure, you should be able to sit with your feet flat on the ground and knees close to a 90-degree angle.
If the chair is too high, you may put more pressure on your hip joint, as your legs will dangle of the edge of the chair. If it’s too low, you will sit with poor posture and a shorter hip to knee angle that can cause tightness in your hip flexors.
When you want to sit with a broader hip-to-knee angle, which also encourages an upright and active posture, you should definitely check out a saddle chair.back to menu ↑
Seat cushioning is pretty important! Your chair should always be comfortable and should be able to give you the support that you need. Look for dense foam or memory foam cushioning that will remain comfortable but firm over the course of an average work day.
Ideally your office chair should also come with a waterfall edge seat design. With this design, the end of the seat is not as sharp. Rather, it is curved to reduce pressure on the bottom of your thighs, which can improve comfort, and most importantly, circulation.
If you need a specific type of cushioning for a specific therapeutic need, such as to relieve sciatica or during pregnancy, you might want to look at a donut shaped chair cushion. These types of cushions can improve blood circulation and relieve hip or back pain that comes with sitting for hours on end.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Is Sitting on a Saddle Chair Good for Hip Pain?
Yes, sitting on a saddle chair can help prevent or eliminate hip pain. But, it takes some getting used to.
A saddle chair enables you to assume a riding style position wherein there is reduced load and pressure on the hip joints. The increased joint space decreases the compression in the hip joint cartilage. There is also more space for the nutritional fluid which enables the hip joints to stay healthy in the long run.back to menu ↑
There are many reasons for hip pain. According to WebMD, arthritis ranks as the most common culprit, though basically any type of repetitive strain on the tendons and ligaments that support the hips can lead to hip pain.
Whatever the reason, if you suffer from hip pain, picking a suitable office chair can go a long way in preventing your condition from getting worse. After all, most of us spend almost half of our waking hours sitting.