Best Office Chairs for Neck Pain – The most important thing in preventing neck pain is to maintain proper posture. As such, the key features in an office chair that are most effective in preventing and reducing chronic neck pain are ones that encourage a good sitting position.
If you work on computer then you definitely need to invest an a good ergonomic chair. As discussed above, Herman Miller Chairs are top notch as they are backed by years of research and testing (see here) but if it is out of your range, we’ve covered a whole lot of others so make sure to keep this when making a purchase.
There are a few specific features that might help you pick the best home chair for neck pain.back to menu ↑
1.Office Chair Neck
- The product can be lifted up and down and the headrest can be turned over.
- 2.This product can relieve your cervical pressure.
- 3.Due to manual measurement, there may be an error, please understand.Thank you.
- If the backrest has a sponge, measure the thickness of the backrest after pressing.
- If the backrest sponge is too thick, it cannot be mounted with the fixed clips
back to menu ↑
- 【Easy to Install & Uninstall】- You can build this chair up within 15 minutes with Allen wrench and simple illustrated instructions. It is also easy to disassemble.
- 【Comfortability】- Breathable mesh fabric and memory foam keep your body cool and comfortable for long-hour sitting.
- 【Adjustability】- Heights of seat and headrest can be altered simply. You can also adjust the angle of headrest, keeping your neck from soreness.
- 【Sufficient Support】 - Ergonomic design corrects your sitting posture, avoiding pressure to your body. Added pillow on the back helps to relieve pain and fatigue.
- 【Durability】- Our products are made of high-quality materials in exquisite craftsmanship. Sturdy and durable with a weight capacity of 250 pounds.
back to menu ↑
3.Homall Gaming Chair
- Selected Material: High density shaping foam, more comfortable, elasticity resilience and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. Pu Leather, skin friendly and wear resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration: Class 3 gas lift, durable, reliable and supports up to 300lbs. Rubber casters, rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Multi Function: 360 degree swivel and multi direction wheels, load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity. Recline function. Between 90 to 180 degree. Rocking function: chair can rock back and forth when you adjust the knob beneath the seat.
- Dimension: Size of back: 22.5 inch and 30.5 inch. Size of seat: 14.5 inch and 20.5 inch. Seat adjustable height: 17.3 to 21.5 inch.
- Wide Usage: This gaming chair is suitable for you to play computer games, watch show, do the work and have a rest. It will make your space more modern and elegant.
back to menu ↑
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chair directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chair good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic task chairs come with 1 year warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer youeffective solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the office drafting chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
back to menu ↑
5.Livinia Ergonomic Chair
- HIGHEST QUALITY -This adjustable task chair is made to last for long time. It is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, stable armrest, headrest and urethane caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Load Capacity: 220 LBS
back to menu ↑
- [Ergonomic Chair] Have you ever been in pain on your back or shoulder? SIHOO Office Chair designed with Ergonomics will be the best choice to protect your back and shoulder from the pain and fatigue out of long hours sitiing. The ergonomic office chair is built with adjustable back rest from 90°-125°, headrest,lumbar support and armrests
- [High Quality and Great Performance] SHIOO desk chair is constructed with high quality lever, gas lift,base and PU silent casters. Our home office desk chairs bear up to 330lbs. Just turn the lever up to easily adjust the height 4.7 inch up or down and it's 360°rotation. Our home office chair fits carpet, tiles, wood floor free of noise
- [Cosy Padded Seat] Our desk chair is made of breathable mesh material. Well Padded seat makes you feel comfortable so that you won't feel numb in a long time sitting. Our office chair can be usd as work chair, study chair, gaming chair and releaxing chair. It's a great gift for your family and friend
- [Safe and Sturdy] Our computer chair has passed the SGS testing. Solid and heavy duty materials ensure our office chairs are not easy to broke that would cause any protential hurt when you moving your chair or lying back against the chair
- [Installation and Package] Our desk chair only takes 20 mins to install. It comes with all the parts, tools , user manual and a pair of protection glove. We provide parts replacment on our big and tall office chair if your have any problem with it
back to menu ↑
7.Autonomous Ergo Chair
- Lifting capacity: 330 lbs. Seat size: 20x20 inches
- Sturdy, high customization and breathable fabric
- Ergonomic design brings comfort to boost your working productivity
- 7-way adjustable angle for the any sitting-posture
- Easy and very fast to assemble
back to menu ↑
- ★ COMFORTABLE, WITH MORE ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS - Thanks to our uniquely designed mechanism, this state-of-the-art office chair is more adjustable than almost all office chairs on the market. you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you. You can adjust the headrest height and angle. Lumbar support height and depth. Armrest height and distance from seat; the seat height; the backrest tilt; and the tilt tension
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTAL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
back to menu ↑
- EXQUISITE DESIGN - Leatherette Office Chair in coffee color is designed to add an accent and stylish touch to your workplace. Mid-Century Style office Chair is the ideal addition to any workspace.
- ASSEMBLY AND CLEAN REQUIRED - Easy to assemble, perfect as a office chair. Easy to maintain clean, spot clean or professional clean only.
- FLEXIBLE ADJUSTMENT- Provide your comfort with this home office chair, 87¡ã-106¡ã adjustable angel backrest, 3¡ã-10¡ã adjustable angel seat cushion,360-degree swivel£¬smooth-rolling casters, great for a variety of applications and ideal for personalized comfort.
- LOAD-BEARING: 275lbs - Safely certified pressure rods, combined with the perfect sponge cushion, are your best choose.
- MULTI-FUNCTION - Whether you're responding to emails, evaluating reports, or brainstorming with colleagues, these modern adjustable swivel chairs provide not only sleek, professional style, but also sophisticated support for all-day comfort.
back to menu ↑
- Conforms to your: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a Bonus set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- Ease into Work, or Play: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat glides up and down for the ultimate in customized comfort in the office, or in front of your game!
- Soft HD Mesh Office Chair: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working.
- Heavy Duty: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong aluminum base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give you a Free Set of blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- Super-Lounge Tilt: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair.
back to menu ↑
Best Office Chairs for Neck Pain – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Head and Neck Support
Let’s start with the most obvious – head and neck support. There are two types of neck support commonly found on ergonomic office chairs.
The first is a fixed headrest that spans the width of the entire backrest. Typically found on executive office chairs, it consists of a protruding pillow that can be very comfortable, provided it is the right height.
The second type of neck support comes in the form of an articulated headrest that is shaped and curved to conform to the user’s cervical spine. If you have neck pain, it’s vital that any articulated headrest is at least height adjustable to support the exact region of your neck that needs extra support. Otherwise, it could exasperate your condition.back to menu ↑
The lower part of the spine naturally curves inward to create what is called the lordotic curve. A lumbar support fills in the gap between the backrest and the spine to prevent slouching, which can lead to a forward head posture over time.
Look for a chair with a good lumbar support, which can greatly help prevent postural problems that cause not just neck pain, but shoulder and back pain as well.
There are three types of lumbar support that can be found in office chairs:
- Fixed Lumbar Support: Typically found on lower end chairs, it cannot be adjusted to better fit the user.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: For this type, the height, depth, or firmness of the lumbar support can be manually adjusted.
- Dynamic Lumbar Support: The best out of the three, it automatically adjusts its depth and firmness depending on your position.
A lumbar support depth of 0.6 to 2” is sufficient for most people. However, since women have a more pronounced lordotic curve, a better choice for them would be an office chair with a deeper lumbar support. If you’re on the tall side, a taller lumbar support is ideal.back to menu ↑
When talking about neck pain prevention in the office, the armrests are probably one of the last things that you’ll think of. However, lack of arm support or poorly placed arms while working can lead to shoulder pain, which can then travel to the neck.
The proper arm position is such that the forearms are parallel to the desk surface, with the elbows assuming a 90 – 100 degree open angle. At this position your arms and shoulders are most relaxed.
To achieve this posture, look for office chairs with armrests that are at least 2D (height adjustable).back to menu ↑
Robust Seat Height
Another feature that you’ll want in an office chair for neck pain is robust seat height control. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a seat height adjustment range of 15 to 22” works for most people. The reason for this as it relates to neck pain is the same as armrest height adjustment.
When your desk is too high, you move your shoulders up and raise your hands, wrists, and forearms to reach the right height. However, staying in this position for too long will strain your neck muscles and eventually cause headaches as the suboccipital muscles at the bottom of your skull get fatigued.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Will Sleeping On These Chairs Cause Any Health Problem?
The chairs we have listed are designed to help alleviate neck pain in those who spend long hours in a sitting position, and not for people to sleep in it. Also, sleeping in a chair in a sitting position or even with the backrest reclined to 180° is not ideal. However, people who suffer from health conditions, such as GERD, prefer sleeping in a reclining chair as it helps relieve symptoms suffered because of the ailment.
If you suffer from an ailment that makes sleeping in a regular bed difficult, then you can consult your physician and seek advice on sleeping in a reclining chair.
The chairs on our list may also be called ‘office chairs,’ although you can use them at home to play video games and watch movies. These ergonomic chairs are available in a variety of colorful designs and shapes, so choose one for your work area or home, keeping in mind the aesthetics of your interior. We hope this list helped you find the best office chair for neck and shoulder pain at a great deal.back to menu ↑
There are many reasons why you experience neck pain at work, one of them being your office chair. A chair without a headrest or one that is poorly positioned can add tremendous stress to the cervical spine, leading to neck pain over time.