Best Office Chairs for Scoliosis – Ergonomic office chairs for scoliosis sufferers are limited, but they are out there. Most office chairs come with multiple adjustable features, although people who want a highly-customizable chair might be spending a few thousand dollars.
Such chairs are built to last though, so prospective chair-buyers should look at these purchases as an investment in their general health and wellbeing.
Now that you have read this article on the best office chairs for scoliosis, it is left for you to make your choice and select the one that best suits you.
For me, I will say the best office chair for scoliosis is undoubtedly the Aeron, but it might not be practical if you are working on a budget.back to menu ↑
- ★【HIGH QUALITY & EASY TO ASSEMBLE】SIHOO office chairs have been certified by BIFMA and SGS, passed 2000lbs static pressure test. It can carry a weight of up to 330lbs. Every part of this computer office chair has strict safety quality testing, cushion impact test, handrail fatigue test, chair foot static pressure test, ect. Simple instructions enable anyone to put chair together in eight simple steps!
- ★【FOR LONG TIME SITTING】The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back desk chair good for sitting for 8 hours, suitable for a long day sitting. Meanwhile, it allows you to sit without feeling hot or sweaty. It also features easy maintenance, please wash the mesh in warm water on a gentle cycle with a cold-water rinse.
- ★【Adjustable 3D Armrest】 This office chair from SIHOO features 3D adjustable armrests - go forwards and back, up and down, and rotate 36° for the best fit to your favorite position. No matter in appearance or the function, it makes perfect sense of technology and future. Find the best angles for your posture.
- ★【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】SIHOO is recommended by Ergonomics Application Association. Ergonomic design is based on the human body dynamic digital model. The S-shaped backrest mimic the human spine which helps release the spinal pressure, more effectively adjustable lumbar pillow will cherish your spine. The flowed waterfall arc seating design thigh support is comfortable, it will make you more relaxed.
- ★【3 YEARS WARRANT】 If there is any quality problem, please do not hesitate to contact us. Sihoo executive office chair promises to provide you with free product accessories within 3 years.
back to menu ↑
2.Steelcase Gesture Chair
- Connect fabric is 100% polyester
- Wheels for carpet flooring
- Ergonomic chair – features include adjustable seat depth, fully adjustable arms, pneumatic seat height adjustment, recline tension adjustment, 4 position recline lock, wrapped upholstered back and seat, light/light frame color scheme
- All day comfort and back support - Gesture’s seat and back move as a synchronized system, following your body as you move throughout the day to ensure long-term support
- Quality & durability – designed to withstand 24/7 use while providing maximum comfort
- Ships fully assembled; 12 year manufacturer warranty
back to menu ↑
3.Serta Hannah Microfiber
- MICROFIBER UPHOLSTERY: Add a comfortable and homey touch to any home office
- SIGNATURE SERTA COMFORT: Swivel chair designed with a pillowed headrest and plush layered body pillows
- CREATE AN INVITING SPACE: Velvet soft fabric and neutral colors create a welcoming feel
- GREAT FOR WORK OR PLAY: Helps keep you comfortable and relaxed whether you’re working or kicking back
- VERSATILE AND MOBILE: Adjustable height settings, convenient swivel design, and rolling casters
back to menu ↑
4.SP Velvet Chair
back to menu ↑
- PREMIUM CUSHIONING: ComfortCore Plus with memory foam advanced layering system provides varying support for optimal comfort, stability and durability
- SOLID WOOD ARMS AND BASE: Durable and stylish construction with premium wood
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Fully adjustable height, recline, and tilt settings with ergonomic seat-side controls, waterfall seat edge and contoured lumbar zone
- Chair Dimensions: 27"W x 31.3"D x 44.5"H | Seat Depth: 20" | Seat Width: 21" | Weight Limit: 250 lbs | Product Weight: 54.7 lbs
back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR - Featuring reliable ergonomic support, Articulate comes with a breathable mesh back, passive lumbar support, and generously padded and contoured 6” thick mesh seat cushion
- RELIABLE COMFORT - Designed with productivity in mind, Articulate is perfect for everyday use. Sturdy and supportive, this executive office chair holds up to 331 lbs and comes in a variety of colors
- ADJUSTABLE SEATING - Articulate is a computer chair that easily adjusts to your needs with height adjustable armrests, one-touch chair height adjustment, 360 degree swivel, and a tilt and lock system
- OFFICE UPDATE - Refresh your office space with this versatile choice for computer desks and workstations. Enjoy mobility over carpeted or hardwood floors with five dual-wheel casters
- OFFICE CHAIR MEASUREMENTS - Product Dimensions: 26.5"L x 26"W x 34 - 39"H; Armrest Height: 27.5”H - 32"H; Backrest Height: 22"H
back to menu ↑
7.Alera Elusion Series
- Multifunction mechanism allows Back angle adjustment relative to seat, adjustable tilt (free floating or infinite locking positions) and forward tilt
- Cool, breathable mesh Back
- Contoured Seat Cushion with premium fabric upholstery and waterfall edge to help relieve pressure on legs
back to menu ↑
- If you're seeking exceptional seating comfort for yourself or multiple employees this ergonomic mesh back office chair will fit the bill. Everyone from the CEO to the front office staff will enjoy working in comfort with this office task chair.
- SAFETY & COMFORT: [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] Ventilated curved mesh back with built-in lumbar support prevents overheating, 3" padded waterfall seat relieves pressure from the legs while providing cushioning for long workdays
- HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Pneumatic height adjustable 360 degree swivel seat, Tilt lever - push in to lock in an upright position; pullout to activate rocking motion, Tilt tension knob controls tilt resistance, Functional flip-up arms allow ease of access
- VERSATILE USE: Commercial grade material and quality creates a superior chair that can be used in home offices, commercial business work spaces, college dorm rooms and student study spaces in the home
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS >>> Overall Size: 24.5"W x 25.5"D x 37.5-41.25"H | Seat Size: 20.25"W x 19"D x 17.25-20.75"H | Back Size: 17-20"W x 23"H | Arm Size: 26.25-30.25"H from floor; 8"H from seat
back to menu ↑
- 【Upgraded Design】: Automatic tension adjustment-this fantastic desk chair can automatically adjust the chair tension according to the user's weight, so that every user has a comfortable experience. The 3D armrests (thickened and widened armrests) of the chair are suitable for the bending of the arm and provide stable support. This executive office chair is larger than other ergonomic chairs, has a higher capacity, and is more spacious and comfortable to sit on.
- 【Scientifically Ergonomic Concept】: The office chair adopts an arc-shaped design to increase the hip wrapping. The edge of the chair adopts waterfall design can relieve the pressure on the thighs of sedentary sitting. The seat back can be tilted up to 135°.
- 【Self-Adjustable Wired Control System】：This advanced ergonomic chair uses a self-adjusting wired control system. The hidden adjustment lever not only saves space, but also has a beautiful design and flexible operation. It can easily adjust the height of the seat and the inclination of the backrest.
- 【Premium Metal Base】: This home office desk chairs uses a premium quality metal base, which is more stable and durable than a plastic base. Improved noise-free casters provide you with a smoother and free sliding experience. All floors suitable. Professionally tested explosion-proof cylinder and max load 300 lbs.
- 【Professional After-Sales Service】: US warehouse shipment. All Ergousit ergonomic task chairs are provided with a 5-year warranty service, and all accessories can be replaced free of charge. If you have any questions, you can contact us via Amazon email.
back to menu ↑
- Size B
back to menu ↑
Best Office Chairs for Scoliosis – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
If a chair’s seat pan is too wide or deep, it will leave the user with their feet dangling off the floor like a toddler in a high chair. This causes circulation issues as the front edge of the chair cuts into the soft tissue underneath the legs.
For people who want optimal lumbar support, we recommend a seat depth of less than 18 inches, with an adjustable option, so that it can be further customized for you.
Measure the seat from the tip of your buttocks to the backs of your knees to get the correct size. Ideally, there should be 2 inches of space between the back of your knees and the front of the seat.back to menu ↑
The average office chair is retractable to between 18-22 inches. If you are shorter, you should be looking for a chair that can be lowered further than this!
If your chair is limited in terms of height, you might want to consider investing in a footrest, which will elevate your feet from the ground and prevent circulation issues.
You can find out the correct chair height for you by measuring the distance from the floor to the backs of your knees. Remember to take the thickness of your shoes into account before you start measuring though.back to menu ↑
A Tilting Backrest
Ensure that the back of your chair can tilt forwards and backward. If the back of your chair leans too far back, it can result in an awkward reclining position that will increase pressure on your spine and knees.back to menu ↑
Scoliosis is a malformed spine, with a larger than normal curve that will increase pressure on the shoulders and neck. Sufferers will also need a chair that gives them what is called a ‘neutral pelvis’, that is, a pelvis with a slightly forward tilt to it. This can be achieved by a proper ergonomic chair.
Lower back support is crucial for sitting for long hours, and you should ideally have a chair with an adjustable lumbar cushion or hump that can accommodate the bottom of your spine in several different configurations.back to menu ↑
Adjustable armrests are also very important, as they should be adapted to the differing elbow-to-waist ratios of different chair users. Try and find padded armrests if you can, as harder plastic rests can pinch the nerves and result in repetitive strain injuries such as cubital tunnel syndrome.
If you are fitted with a comfortable office chair suited to your specific needs, you’ll find yourself less distracted by any pain that might be caused by a lower-quality chair. As a result, your focus will be increased and you might find that so will your productivity – something that might please your bosses as much as a reduction in pain pleases you.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
How Can I Sit In A Chair With Scoliosis?
With scoliosis, you don’t want to put unnecessary pressure on your spine, especially at the apex of the curve. Ideally, when sitting, you want your backrest locked in the 90 degree, fully upright position, as leaning back will compress the spine and cause further discomfort.
The best option is to have a cushioned backrest, as very often mesh can be too rigid. However, for some, a firmer backrest can provide the rigidity and support needed for easing the pain of scoliosis. You might want to try out different chairs at the shop before committing to buying. Then search online to find your best price.
You will want to opt for a wider chair base, one that accommodates you and lets you sit deep in the chair, flush to where the backrest meets the base. Some chairs might have a gap between these parts, which will cause bulging in the back and increase your pain levels.back to menu ↑
What Else Can Help Me With Scoliosis?
Stretching before, during and after sitting will help alleviate scoliosis. So will leaning forward and backward for a few minutes to maintain that range of motion and encourage healthy blood flow to the areas that remain motionless during sitting.
Getting up and moving around on the hour will also help improve circulation and prevent muscle aches that develop because of compression and a lack of movement.
You might want to invest in a handheld electric back massager that you can keep under your desk to use regularly throughout the day. You can also buy electric massage pads that can deliver a small electrical pulse to the curvature where scoliosis occurs, relieving pain and relaxing the surrounding muscles. These pads are also fairly discrete and can be used while working.back to menu ↑
Fortunately, with the wide range of chairs available on the market, everyone, from the office worker to the mom who stays at home with a blog, can get incredible comfort and modern convenience as easily as possible by simply pressing a button. In short, posture and support are essential for comfort, especially in conditions like scoliosis. Without them, the discomfort can affect our ability to work, focus, and be creative.
When you have scoliosis, you need to sit in a good position to release the pressure on the vertebral discs. This reduces tension in the back muscles and degeneration of the discs.