Best Office Chairs for Short People – As a short person, you have additional comfort issues to contend with when selecting an office chair. Remember, you’ll possibly be using your chair for more than 8 hours, so it’s important to know not only the seating measurements, but your own as well.
Thankfully, the companies we’ve listed have all recognized the importance of avoiding an “average” chair suited for the masses. While it takes an extra bit of research, finding a chair with the right support features and sturdy framework for your petite frame can carry you through the professional work day and beyond in style and comfort.
The selection of office chairs for petite and short people can feel limited. There certainly isn’t going to be as many options as standard office chairs, but there are things that you can do to expand your selection. Things like a footrest and keyboard tray can be amazing tools. An electric height-adjustable desk can also be a game changer for a lot of people. These will make the seat height less of a problem.
Picking a good office chair for short people can take a while. However, once you lay your eyes on one of the chair models, make sure you check its seat height, width, and depth.
Of course, there’s no single best office chair that would fit every petite person. Yet, it’s still possible to find the one that would be the most comfortable for your tiny body type.back to menu ↑
- Size B
The Herman Miller Aeron is the ultimate status symbol for C-suites. But what is it about this chair that makes it so desirable? There has to be something to justify its $1,000-plus price tag, right?
I used the Aeron for a few weeks to see if it was truly deserving of a spot on our list of the best office chairs. Read the rest of this Herman Miller Aeron review for the details, but here’s the TL;DR version: You can bet your ass this is one of the most comfortable office chairs around.back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC S-CURVE DESIGN : A chair that adequately supports the spine and maintains the S-Curve is a good chair. Selecting a chair that properly supports the back with proper lumbar support is crucial for a healthy spine.
- EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE : We care about your convenience. With all levers placed where your hands can easily reach, you can easily adjust the forward tilt and seat depth as well as the armrest and the headrest as you wish. Simply personalize the chair to your preference.
The Sidiz T50 and T80 are similar in features on paper, though the T80 is superior in most facets. The T80’s lumbar support is wider, the seat padding is thicker, the backrest tilting is more robust (advanced synchronized tilt), and the casters are urethane instead of nylon. As such it is also much more expensive.
The Sidiz T50 Air is better suited for hotter climates thanks to the mesh seat. Curiously though it removes the forward seat tilt and dedicated lumbar support features.back to menu ↑
- COLOR YOUR LIFE IN COMFORT: With ‘Just-For-Me’ Lumbar Adjust, 2:1 Synchro Tilt, Height Variable Armrests, a compact size and rich vibrant colors, The Palette by NOUHAUS can only be described as a swivel chair with Spatial Mindfulness. It’s comfort with looks, so you can sit how you want, but better.
- ‘JUST-FOR-ME’ LUMBAR SUPPORT OFFICE CHAIR: It’s rare to sit the same at the start of the day as we do at the end, or when we’re relaxed vs tired, stressed or sore. So the Palette supports you all day long with an adjustable lower back support, and combines it with 135 Degree 2:1 Synchro Tilt that tilts the back of your chair AND your seat together. Now you’re sitting with 100% ‘Just-For-Me’ Comfort.
Nouhaus isn’t a well-known brand, but as you’ll see in the sections that follow, they certainly know the office furniture market. This is an amazing chair. Granted, it’s got its limitations, and it’s ‘not for everyone, but if you like what you see when we take a deep dive into its features, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better value for your money.
If you’re intrigued and want to know more, let’s jump right in and see what the Nouhaus Ergo3D Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair brings to the table!back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR - Featuring reliable ergonomic support, Articulate comes with a breathable mesh back, passive lumbar support, and generously padded and contoured 6” thick mesh seat cushion
- RELIABLE COMFORT - Designed with productivity in mind, Articulate is perfect for everyday use. Sturdy and supportive, this executive office chair holds up to 331 lbs and comes in a variety of colors
Finishing in the middle to lower portion of the pack, the Modway Articulate Ergonomic Mesh can’t really compare to the top-of-the-line models. However, it costs hundreds of dollars less than many of the premium models and fared well across the board in our tests, earning it the slot of our recommendation when you are shopping on a slimmer budget.
Most of our judges found it to be fairly comfortable and somewhat adjustable. It’s not necessarily our first or second choice if we had to pick a chair to sit in for eight to ten hours a day, but it’s a great option that does not cause discomfort — and you will sit all the better knowing that your budget is still intact.back to menu ↑
- FULLY ADJUSTMENT DESIGN: you can adjust the seat height and depth, the armrest height and angle, the lumbar support height, the backrest tilt angles and tilt tension. All these designs aim to help you find a comfortable sitting position just for you.
- RELIABLE COMFORT: this super comfortable office chair features breathable back that allows airflow to keep your back cool. Besides, the updated thick pad with soft texture can obviously decline the pressure of the sedentary.
The seat is height adjustable and can be raised from 16.3’’ to 19.8’’ off the floor. The backrest of this chair reclines comfortably to 115º.
The arms that come with the chair are solid plastic and can be adjusted for height. They do their job fairly well, and some people prefer solid arms because the padded ones get damaged easier.
However, if solid arms are not your thing, you can remove them in the assembly process without sacrificing the integrity of the frame.back to menu ↑
Best Office Chairs for Short People – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
An exceptional office chair typically allows the user to have their eyes fixed on the top third of their PC screen while looking straight ahead.
When you are forced to look up at a PC screen it causes stress in your neck region, shoulders, and back which should be avoided.
Short people often concentrate on the height of the desk, yet the chair is just as important.
While sitting, your knees must be at a 90-degree angle, and your feet must touch the ground to avoid back pain issues.back to menu ↑
When the seat of a chair is too deep, it can result in circulation issues for a short person.
This is because their feet will be dangling which places more pressure under their thighs. A seat depth of 18 inches or less is recommended for short or petite people.back to menu ↑
Most people purchase chairs without armrests only so they can move it closer to the desk. However, chairs with shorter armrests can also be moved closer to the desk.
It’s important to have armrests as they give you an area to rest your arms, subsequently, reducing some of the load off your neck and shoulders.back to menu ↑
An ergonomic office chair must have armrests that can be adjusted. They must allow you to rest your arms comfortably so your shoulders can relax.
Keep in mind, your lower arms and elbows must rest slightly, and your forearm must not be on the armrest while you’re typing.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What are The Most Trusted Office Chairs for Short People Brands?
Currently, many manufacturers come from reputable brands that often produce products with premium quality and integrated adjustable options to give complete comfort to their clients. If you are seeking some believed brands, you can refer to Hon, AmazonBasics, Boss, Hbada, Smugdesk, Modway, etc.
If you want your lower back to be supported efficiently by a soft pillow, Smugdesk will not disappoint you. Hbada and Modway are those brands that offer you flip-up armrests for space-saving. Moreover, these brands consist of the optimal knobs to adjust the height of the chair smoothly. Entire the products can swivel 360 degrees effortlessly with a durable base and robust chair’s legs.
Besides that, if you like leather material with luxury and modern for your office, you are offered some brands including AmazonBasics, OFM, Sadie, etc. They contain not only the high-quality leather materials, but also soft paddings at the backrest, seat cushions to increase superior comfort for people.
What are The Different Types of Office Chairs for Short People?
With development of technologies, the manufacturers have produced a variety of products with wonderful functions to response demands of users. Hence, on the markets today, they have many types of office chairs are conference chairs, armless chairs, ergonomic chairs, standing chairs, etc.
Certainly, each kind of chair will contain specific characteristics to create its uniqueness. In this article, I’m glad to introduce the most popular supplies that can remove diseases above are ergonomics, conference chairs, standing chairs.back to menu ↑
In this guide we take a look at all the important ergonomic factors that short people need to focus on when picking an ergonomic chair, followed by a comprehensive list of the best office chairs for short people. All of these chairs are appropriately sized in the key areas that make all the difference for short people, from seat depth, height, to seat pan width.