Best Zero Gravity Chair for Heavy Person – A very common problem that any overweight person often faces is to find a suitable chair to sit comfortably. Most of the wooden or polymer chairs come with a weight restriction.
These types of chairs are either too small in space or too risky to sit for a heavy person. So here we are introducing top 10 camping chair for heavy person that can fit both your size and your budget.
Camping chairs are largely meant for those who cannot sit comfortable in the small tools or wooden chairs due to their extra weight. There are various types of heavy duty Zero Gravity Chair.
Folding camping chairs currently on the market are typically with a weight capacity of around 300 lb (136 kg) or so. This may be good enough for most of the users but clearly, this cannot be strong enough for some heavy and large people. This is why I have decided to present this list with extra strong chairs with the capacity range mentioned above. They are strong because of their frames that are usually built from powder-coated steel, and because of their high-denier value fabric.
So why the upper limit of 1000 lb? This is simply because this is the upper limit available. I have not seen any chair on the market with a bigger capacity. Anyway, who would need it?
How about the lover 400 lb limit? Well, there is no particular reason except that I wanted to show a very exclusive group so this is well above the typical capacity mentioned above. If you need something with a lower capacity, please check my list with folding camping chairs.
1.Goplus Zero Gravity Chair
The Goplus chair is another premium quality extra wide zero gravity chair that is suitable for obese persons. It has a high weight capacity of 500 lbs and has a dimension of 39.5x28x7 inches. Moreover, it has a fully reclined length of 75 inches. So it is perfect for big and tall persons to use anywhere.
With the GoPlus Oversized zero gravity chair, you get a lightweight but durable chair that features breathable fabrics that make it suitable for outdoor use. It has a removable headrest, a nice side table with two cup holders, and slots to store a book or tablet and your phone. And best of all is that this chair only weighs 20.5 lbs, so you can easily move it around.
If you want a big and tall zero gravity chair that can be used by the pool, beach, patio, or in your backyard, then you need to consider getting this one.
- 【Adjustable Backrest】Our reclining chair can be adjusted from vertical position to the maximum angle of 160 degree, allowing you to change postures to meet different relax needs.
- 【Folding Design】For easy stacking and storage, this antigravity chair can be folded into one third. And it is lightweight and portable, which can be easily moved and taken to hiking. Open size: 35.5"x 25.5" x 43.5"(L X W X H). Folding Size: 36.5"x 25.0" x 5.5"(L X W X H).
- 【Cup Holder Tray and Headrest】A cup holder tray to place beverage, magazine, phone or other small items for convenient accessibility. A detachable headrest for better relaxing experience.
- 【Durable Frame】Features from sturdy aluminum seat posts and steel leg posts, this recliner is sturdy enough to hold people up to 300Lbs. And the material fabric is also durable, it is ventilated in summer and you can place cushions on it for winter using.
- 【Multi Purposes】It is ideal for enjoying both your indoor and outdoor time. It can be applied at anywhere you want, such as bedroom, balcony, garden and courtyard. It would provide you a better lounge time.
2.Timber Ridge Zero
Timber Ridge zero gravity chairs are among the most well known for their quality and durability. As such, I knew from the start that if they offered an oversized zero gravity chair that it’ll be the best option for big and tall people. And after getting my hands on this chair, I was not disappointed in the quality that it offers. And if it’s good for me, I’m sure it will satisfy all your needs too.
The Timber Ridge XL zero gravity chair for heavy people can support up to 600 lbs of weight. This durability comes from the sturdy steel tube frame, the 600D polyester, and its premium quality elastic cord. With this setup, any heavy person weighing up to 500 lbs will be able to use this chair.
The chair has a seating dimension of 42.5×26.7×22 inches, so even the most obese person will have plenty of wiggle room on the chair. Moreover, it even comes with a side table that has a cup holder that’ll add to your comfort. And it even has a large padded pillow that you can slide up or down so you can use the pillow for lumbar support or as a headrest.
The best thing about the timber ridge oversized zero gravity chair is that it folds up in a compact size that’ll allow you to transport it wherever you desire easily. So if you are a big and heavy person, this chair will be well worth checking out.
- ★Maximum loading capacity: supports up to 300lbs with Sturdy steel tube frame, bungee suspension system, and durable polyester fabric
- ★Adjustable Reclining Position: Easy locking levers adjust and lock the chair to any position from upright to fully laid back. Easiest locking mechanism on the market. Patented locking mechanism
- ★Open Dimension: 29H x22L x18W inches. Length of chair when fully reclined is 72 inches. Small package size: 28 x5 x39 inches，item weight is only 20lbs
- ★Comfortable Design: Full padded seating, removable padded pillow for both headrest and waist support, plastic armrests, side cup holder, and flexible bungee suspension system provides a comfortable zero gravity weightless experience
- ★1-Year manufacture's : We back our products with a full 1 year manufacturer's against any defective workmanship and material. In order to extend product life PLEASE avoid prolonged exposure to strong sunlight and heavy rain.
3.Coastrail Outdoor Zero
The Coastrail Oversized heavy duty zero gravity chair has everything you would expect a premium quality chair to offer. It has a max weight limit of 400 lbs and has a sitting width of 33.5 inches. This size makes it one of the widest zero gravity chairs you’ll come across. As such, I know it’ll be a great solution for the widest persons.
The chair features a 600D polyester material that provides impressive durability and comfort. And it is held together by powder-coated steel tubes and thick bungee cords. These materials ensure that you won’t ever have to worry that the chair will give way under your weight. Furthermore, the chair also comes with a cup holder and a removable pillow that you can use for head or lumbar support.
If you want the most comfortable XL zero gravity chair for heavy people, then go with this option.
- ADJUSTABLE SHADE COVER: Stay cool and protected under the attached awning and breathable mesh back panel as you recline and relax in all-day comfort. Perfect for the Beach, Camping or the Backyard Patio
- FULL RECLINE ANTI GRAVITY CHAIR: Smooth reclining action is stable and can be locked in place. Designed to fit both Large and Tall People with a high-back design and adjustable pillow to get the perfect comfort and position
- CONVENIENT SIDE TABLE AND DRINK HOLDER: Integrated cup holder & side table keeps your drink and other essentials at your finger tips. You may never have to leave your seat
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Supports up to 400 lbs. with 100% Polyester fabrics that are strong and stain resistant. The Heavy Duty Steel tube frame and double bungee system provides long lasting comfort and durability
- FOLDING & PORTABLE DESIGN: Zero Gravity camping chair folds easily and is light weight (21.6 lbs) to carry anywhere you want
This oversize zero gravity chair is a good option for heavy persons up to 350 lbs. It offers good comfort thanks to the padded fabric and removable pillow. However, it only has a seat width of 21 inches which might not be enough for very large people. But if you don’t need more width than that, it’ll be a great chair to consider.
It comes with a durable steel frame that is easy to fold up so you can transport it wherever you need to take it. Moreover, it has a side table with a cup holder for your convenience. This chair’s best feature is that it can allow a heavy person to lay almost completely flat as you would on a heavy-duty futon thanks to a 0 – 170 degree recline.
So if you don’t weigh over 350 lbs, you can easily get on this chair without worries.
- OVERSIZED DIMENSIONS: 29.5" L x 32" W x 45" H, off ground seat height is 22", height of the chair back is 30", seat width is 21", folding dimensions are 31" L x 7" W x 38.5 " H; weight: 19.8 lbs
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The length of chair when fully reclined is 72 inches making it large enough for larger people up to 6'2"; maximum loading capacity is 350lbs
- NO ASSEMBLY: Easy folding and compact structure is suitable for any outdoor occasions, such as poolside, patio, yard, beach or balcony
- LOCKING SYSTEM: This zero gravity recliner is designed with a locking system and can be adjusted to any desired positions from 0-170 degrees
- PADDED SEAT & BACK: Fully padded seat, adjustable padded pillow for both a headrest and lumbar support provides a more comfortable sitting experience
5.Oversize Recliner Folding Chair
The final oversized zero gravity that I highly recommend checking out is a great option from Adako. This chair supports a maximum weight capacity of 500 lbs and has a 32-inch seat width. This seat is well built and can handle any heavy person, and allows you to experience the full benefits of a zero gravity chair.
The Adako big and tall zero gravity chair has a 0-170 degree recline that is easy and safe to set up thanks to the locking latch under the armrests. It features a fully padded sitting area and a removable pillow that can be used for lumbar support or a headrest. Moreover, it comes with one of the best side tables you will find on a zero gravity chair as it offers two cup holders and slots for a book and phone.
If you want a great heavy-duty zero gravity chair for overweight people, you’ll never be disappointed with this option.
- [OVERSIZED DIMENSIONS]: Almost 32 inc wide is the widest in its class. Heavy-duty material is perfect for big people. Supports up to 500 lbs.
- [Multi-Position Adjustable]: Recliner is designed with a locking system and can be adjusted to any positions with 0-170 degrees as your preferences. The locking latch is specially designed to hold up to 500 lbs.
- [NO ASSEMBLY]: Easy folding and compact structure is suitable for any outdoor occasions, such as poolside, patio, yard, beach, or balcony
- [Perfect Set] Comes with sunshade and tray, specially designed to hold your beverages, book, tablet, and cell phone.
- [Warranty] Our chairs are made with high quality, heavy-duty material. That's why we offer 30 days money-back guarantee and 3 years limited warranty.
6.Caravan Sports Zero
The Caravan chair is one of the more premium quality options in its overall build. It features a mesh fabric design with thick bungee cords to handle up to 330 lbs. Moreover, it has a seat width of 25.8 inches is just enough for the average heavy person.
Unlike the other zero gravity chairs, this one doesn’t come with a cup holder. But it makes up for this downfall in price. So if you want a cheap oversized zero gravity chair, then you should consider this one.
- UNWIND ANYWHERE: Unwind anywhere with this adaptable and transportable Caravan Sports Zero Gravity Chair
- HASSLE-FREE RECLINING: Lock into relaxation with the smooth recline function and dual fingertip locking system
- HEAD AND LUMBAR SUPPORT: Adjust movable headrest cushion for extra head or lumbar support according to your preference
- ALL-WEATHER DURABILITY: Tough textilene fabric suspended by a double bungee system ensures all-weather durability and exceptional comfort
- COATING PREVENTS RUST: Tubular steel with durable iron phosphate powder coating prevents rust on chair frame
< class="">Things To Consider When Buying Oversized Zero Gravity Chairs
If you don’t see a chair that suits your taste or want something different, here are a few things you should consider:
If you are looking for a different type of chair than I offered then let’s talk about what you should be looking for! While some of these are common sense, I’m betting there is an item or two you hadn’t thought of.
Capacity. Weight capacity is obviously first and foremost on any heavy person’s mind when they’re shopping for plus-size furniture. However, you might need an even higher capacity than you think. When you’re sitting in a chair, you’re static and exerting only the force of your weight on the chair. However, during the act of sitting, your momentum results in a dynamic force that may exceed the weight capacity temporarily but drastically. For this reason, I recommend that you look for a heavy-duty chair with a capacity a bit above what you think you need.
Feels sturdy. Personally, I prefer a chair that feels solid and sturdy. Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that it just has a high capacity. There are yoga balls that will support 500 pounds but I’d never feel sturdy on one. Because of this preference I look for chairs without a lot of spring or give in them (unless we’re talking about recliners).
Extra-wide chair area. There is absolutely no point in having a chair with a 1,000-pound capacity if only a 140-pound person could fit on it. Look for a chair with an extra-wide seating surface and without bars or frame supports on the side would restrict you from using the edge space as well.
Affordable. A lot of heavy-duty chairs on the market are either way overpriced or their “heavy-duty rating” is simply a marketing gimmick. Focus your search on chairs from brands you’ve heard of and be sure to balance the reviews you read with the price.
Easy to get out of. A chair that is comfortable to sit in but difficult to get out of will not be a favorite of anyone, particularly if they are large and have joint problems. The height of the chair you need is based on your height and personal preference so be sure to measure a chair you already have so you know what to look for.
Multiple color/design options. A lot of chairs marketed to obese people would be at home in a care center or hospital. If that matches your motif, that’s great. However, I always want my plus-size furniture to blend in and look great. It’s always a good feeling when a heavy family member and friend is wary of sitting in my “normal chair” and I can tell them not to worry because it’s extra heavy duty!
So if you needed a chair for heavy people, I hope you either found what you needed or at least have the skills to go out and find your own! So get your chair, snuggle in, and let your home become your kingdom. Happy sitting!
Durability & Weight Capacity
The first thing you will always need to be mindful of is the weight capacity of the chair. Anyone looking for an oversized gravity chair will most likely be on the heavy side; thus, it is crucial to go with a chair above your weight or one that will accommodate your weight. So when selecting your chair, make sure that it is at least 10-20 lbs above your weight.
You’ll also want to verify that the chair uses a steel frame or heavy-duty aluminum materials.
You should also ensure that the seat width can accommodate your body size by measuring your hips and then matching the measurement with that of the chairs’. This will assure you that you will be comfortable sitting in it once you get your hands on it.
The Zero Gravity chairs come in different styles and sizes, which affects how much they recline. You will always want to verify that the chair offers just the right amount of recline angle to suit your needs. I always recommend going for chairs that offer at least a 150-degree recline.
Are Zero Gravity Chairs Worth It?
A zero gravity chair is worth every dollar you spend on them as they are one of the most versatile pieces of furniture. They are portable so that you can take them anywhere with you. And best of all, they allow you to sit in a variety of ways so you can experience the comfort of a couch, bed, or chair in one.
Can You Lay On Your Stomach On A Zero Gravity Lounge Chair?
No, but if the zero gravity chair offers a 180-degree recline angle, then you’ll be able to lay on it on your stomach. However, most of them only offer a 0-170 degree recline that isn’t flat enough to allow you to lay flat on them.
The best oversized zero gravity chair is the Timber Ridge XL chair; it offers support for up to 500 lbs. and has a very wide seat width that is suitable for heavy people. With this chair, you won’t ever have to worry about comfort, portability, nor the durability of your zero gravity chair.
What Are The Benefits Of Zero Gravity Chairs?
One of the biggest advantages that you don’t hear many people talking about is the fact that these chairs are portable.
As a big person, there is nothing more embarrassing than being invited to someone’s house and running the risk of damaging their chairs. Even knowing they might be thinking that is embarrassing.
Now you can just bring one of these chairs with you wherever you go – a fantastic solution!
The use of zero-gravity loungers has been linked to improved circulation, increased energy, increased productivity, relief from back and muscle pain, and the general feeling of well-being.
Zero gravity lounge chairs can be used while watching TV, reading, listening to music, and while at work. They can also be very useful in the workplace for people whose desk
The term “zero gravity chair” is a bit of a misnomer. These chairs do not actually create a zero-gravity experience; however, they do offer a reclining position that is similar to lying down in bed. Because of this position, they also offer a host of health benefits. These include:
– Improves circulation
– Opens up airways to assist breathing
– Relieves back pain
– Reduces stress on joints
– Reduces swelling
– Stimulates blood flow
– Relieves muscle tension
– Improves your mood
– Improves mental clarity
You may also be interested in… Best 500-lb. Capacity Heavy-Duty Portable Chair: Big Man Approved and Fat Guy Friendly Belts: Best Belts That Don’t Dig Into Your Belly
In summary, every zero gravity chair on the list above is excellent. Obviously, if you are very overweight the big 500 lb chair is the way to go.
If you need a chair for a heavy person then you won’t find a more comfortable chair than these excellent outdoor zero gravity chairs. In fact, I think you will find them so comfortable that you might even use them inside as well.
If you come in under 350 lbs then the choices are abundant with plenty of amazing options and you really just need to pick the one that you like the look of because you really can’t go wrong with any of them.
While all zero gravity chairs are designed with comfort in mind, some are more comfortable than others. Your personal preferences will largely determine which type of materials you find most comfortable in a chair, and helps you choose between padded, unpadded, and other styles. You may also want to consider factors such as if the chair material is breathable and how much heat it retains when kept outside in the hot sun.
Beyond making you feel weightless, some zero gravity chairs also come with extras to make your lounging even more comfortable. Some have canopies to shade you from the sun, while others come complete with a tray table to hold your drink. If you’re planning to keep yours outside, make sure you choose durable fabrics, and if you plan to take it on the go, opt for one that’s light and easy to fold up.
You’ll want to make sure that your chair fits well in your space. But you will also want to make sure the chair will be the right size for those who will use it the most. Many zero gravity chairs are adjustable and fit people of all builds, but those who are on the taller or shorter side should make sure to find one that’s comfortable for them.
Choose one that matches your budget. Fortunately, this is not that hard to do given there are a lot of oversized zero gravity chairs out there. Recliners cost less than real zero gravity chairs, but it isn’t as effective as the real deal when it comes to stress removal.
While the budget is important, you must not let it take precedence over quality. It is better to invest in a long lasting durable zero gravity chair than a cheap one. The money you spend on a dependable brand will pay for itself since you’ll be able to use it for years to come. A gravity chair designed with quality in mind will always a budget comparison when it comes to durability and comfort. If you’re planning to use your chair frequently and want it to last, please bear this in mind.
Zero gravity chairs have different weight capacities, so make sure the one you buy can support you. If you’re looking through gravity chair oversized types you’ll need to make sure their built to carry your body weight or that of others that will be using it. This information will be in the product description so it should not be difficult to find. While you’re checking the weight capacity you might as well take a look at the height and the width.
Zero gravity chairs are manufactured in different ways, but all of them need a durable frame. The majority of recliners for instance, utilize reinforced metallic components. You won’t be able to see it because it is covered by the specially designed casing. Since the metallic composition varies, it pays to buy from a reputable company.
Zero gravity chairs come in different styles, but only those that raise your legs over heart level can be considered as genuine zero gravity. Even so, the recline lock design varies. Look for those with versatile locks so you’ll be able to lock the chair at the angle you want. Again, keep in mind that not all massage chairs have zero gravity capabilities, so research the product first.
Apart from zero gravity, these chairs come with different features to distinguish one from the other. However only you can decide which features are essential and which are fluff. Among the most common add-ons, you’re going to find are drinking trays, canopy, and a lumbar support pillow.
You will also find some zero gravity chairs with foot massaging as well as a heating section. Some of the better ones even have Bluetooth speakers as well as back massage functions. Some functions are superior to others and may seem more necessary, but only you can decide which features are crucial and not.
Zero gravity chairs have different messaging features, and you will need to read the product specs to figure out if it is the right one. Massaging features and mechanisms range from rollers to air bags, so pick the one you’re comfortable with.
You also need to consider which areas of your body the zero gravity chair massages. You may prefer your thighs, feet, hands, neck and so on. While a back massage is a given in these products, you have to think also of your other requirements.
There are few things we take more granted than a chair. However, an uncomfortable chair will take its toll on your body, hence the need for something more comfortable. A chair that will remove your stress after work is something we can all use, and that is what an oversized zero gravity chair will do for you.
Best Zero Gravity Chair for Heavy Person – The features we’ve used when considering the best oversized zero gravity recliners and oversized gravity chairs include the weight capacity (how much the person using can weigh). The weight and size of the product itself, and the material it is made out of. Our team spent weeks researching from first-hand experience and other consumer reviews, we’ve used this information to provide a simple overview table, a list of the best options and their reviews. We’ve also included a buying guide to help you understand the top features you should be thinking about.
Oversized zero gravity chair is specially designed for a big and tall person. According to recent research, in the U.S. population, about 14.5 percent are six feet or over. Have you been looking for an oversized zero gravity chair and having a difficult time deciding what to buy? If you have never bought one of these before it’s all too easy to make a mistake, but that is what this review guide is for, to help you make the right decision.
We have divided this article into two main sections: reviews and a buying guide. Now If you want to get your hands on an oversized chair, just go over to the reviews and pick the one you like. If you want to know more, you can get more information in the buying guide section. You can also check our top ten best zero gravity for Heavy Person.