Best Air Coolers for i5 8600k – As you can see, there are a lot of excellent air CPU coolers for the i5-8600k. Anyone of these will do the primary means that you’re trying to achieve — keeping your processor cool; however, if you plan on doing some overclocking and seeing how far you can push your computer, then we recommend getting one of the higher quality coolers that you can be certain you can rely on. Those are the DeepCool Gammaxx 400 and the Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler. That said, not everyone has the money to drop on a high-end cooler, so if you just need something to get by, any of the budget options will do fine.
Pros & Cons
- Supports Intel Socket 130W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X/LGA775 and AMD Socket 125W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- 120x120x25mm PWM fan with blue LED
- 4 sintered powder heatpipes directly touch the CPU surface
- Extra fan clips provided allow adding a second fan
- Can be easily installed without moving the motherboard
Four screws secure mounting brackets to the side of the Gammaxx 400’s base. The installation kit includes an AMD bracket for a motherboard’s stock clip-on retainer (oriented with clips at the sides), a universal square-ILM bracket with “push pin” locks for Intel’s LGAs up to 1366, and a similarly slotted bracket with spring-assisted LGA 2011x screws.
Deepcool has manufactured cooling accessories for laptops, graphics cards and case fans, among others, for the past 15 years. Until now it has concentrated on the Asian market, but is just recently turning its sights on the U.S. Deepcool is ISO compliant, which means it adheres to strict international guidelines in manufacturing, management, and continued improvement.
In this review I will be examining the latest Deepcool CPU cooler, the GAMMAXX 400, in its retail packaged form. I will be comparing it to similar coolers for performance and cooling efficiency.
Pros & Cons
- State-of-the-art dual-tower design with 6 heatpipes and 2 fans provides class-leading cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent systems
- Successor of the classic NH-D14; more than 250 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines
- 2 highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fans with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) LGA1200, LGA115x, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4 & AM5
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 12900K, 12700K, 12600K) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 7950X, 7900X, 7700X, 7600X)
The NH-D15 itself is a creation of beauty and majesty, towering 6.4” above the CPU and covering roughly the footprint of a mini-ITX motherboard. Noctua ships it with enough hardware to fit both versions of LGA 2011, all versions of LGA 115x and all AMD motherboards that include a four-hole backplate on the factory retention bracket. Previous high-end sockets require additional back plates. Check with Noctua for availability.
The NH-D15’s solid copper base is polished to a semi-smooth finish prior to nickel plating. The finish is almost perfect for keeping thermal compound in place without requiring a thick film of the stuff. I could go on with specs like soldered-on fins and six heat pipes, but I’d rather focus on test results than pontificate about how those things will affect them.
3.Cooler Master Hyper 212
Pros & Cons
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provides excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 26.0 decibels
- Precise air flow: Stacked fin array ensures least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
- Smart Fan sensor for jam protection: Never worry about your cables getting snagged or components being mucked up ever again
- Snap and play: Intuitive fan bracket design makes upgrading and removing the fan a breeze
- CPU socket support: Intel: LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD: AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
The Hyper 212 Evo v2 does away with the swing-arm flex mount bracket and makes use of a fixed torsion bar, which greatly simplifies mounting and installation of the cooler. Cooler Master provides hardware to support most Intel and AMD CPU sockets, although Threadripper is not among them.
A set of additional fan mounting hardware is included for users seeking to add an additional fan to the Hyper 212 Evo v2 for push/pull airflow, a PWM splitter for dual fan operation and a syringe of thermal compound round out the boxed accessories.
4.Scythe Fuma 2
Pros & Cons
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
For those who are unaware of who Scythe is, it may be time to crawl out from under that rock! They have done well in our time working with them to tend to gravitate to the top half of our charts, yet can do so without charging massive amounts of money for their cooling solutions. It used to be that many top performers could be found in the wild for fifty dollars or less, but the market and economy seemed to have changed, to where now many companies find no issue charging double what the industry used to consider “normal.”
However, we are not here to bash companies; we are here to praise Scythe for being one of the ever-shrinking list of a few manufacturers that believe you should not have to take out a loan to grab a CPU cooler to obtain better than average results!
5.be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Pros & Cons
- Socket compatibility AMD: AM5 / AM4
- Socket compatibility Intel: 1700 / 1200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM
- Two virtually inaudible silent Wings PWM fans
- Funnel-shaped frame of the front fan for high air pressure
- Achieves only 24.3Db(a) at maximum fan speed
- Seven high-performance copper heat pipes
- Overall dimensions without Mounting material (L x w x H): 5.7 x 5.35 x 6.40 inch
- Airflow-optimized cooling fins; cutouts enhance the RAM compatibility.
The Dark Rock series from be quiet! represents the apex of the company’s air cooling line. The Dark Rocks are stunningly handsome CPU coolers swathed in no-nonsense, deep-black aesthetics. The Dark Rock Pro 4 is the latest flagship of this family, developed for power users and overclockers looking for every available watt of cooling power that they can squeeze from a performance-minded, heatpipe-based tower cooler.
Out front, the 120 x 25mm SilentWings fan moves air through the first tower, where it meets the 135 x 22mm SilentWings fan. That second fan, in turn, motivates the air stream through the second tower, and out the rear of the cooler.
Best Air Coolers for i5 8600k – There’s a lot to think about when you’re building your own PC, especially when it comes to compatibility between hardware components. You need to especially make sure that your processor and motherboard combination work together — if you don’t, you’re breaking pins, and that CPU just isn’t going to work. But, once you get that figured out, you also need to figure out how to reduce heat from your processor. The way we do that in PCs is through CPU coolers. Mount one on top of your CPU, and it’ll keep your processor cool, even under heavy loads, such as overclocking or video editing.