Best Air Coolers for i7 6700k – It is up to you to take good care of it so that it lasts long and gives you the best gaming and work experience possible. One of the first things you should do to ensure this is to buy the best air cooler for i7 6700K
A CPU cooler will help keep the CPU cool and quiet even when you overclock it. We are sure this is a desirable quality! Imagine having to listen to your computer get hot and angry every time you want to play your favorite game. It is not just annoying, it is also dangerous. A hot system can stop working completely and/or damage the other parts.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Supports Intel Socket 130W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X/LGA775 and AMD Socket 125W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- 120x120x25mm PWM fan with blue LED
- 4 sintered powder heatpipes directly touch the CPU surface
- Extra fan clips provided allow adding a second fan
- Can be easily installed without moving the motherboard
The Gammaxx 400 loses both the Gamer Storm label and a second cooling tower compared to that high end model, but gains a cleaner airflow pathway and broader compatibility with systems that have tall memory modules. Cooler thickness is the most-important factor in determining whether a CPU cooler must sit above or behind that memory, and the Gammaxx specifications are fairly close to those of other recently-tested slim tower coolers.
Deepcool’s Gammaxx 400 hangs an extra 0.1″ of fins off both the front and rear of the CPU socket. As a frugal builder, I can sympathize with anyone who actually needs the extra 0.1″ of memory clearance afforded by the costlier part. The Gammaxx 400 is also a little wider, though about half that difference comes from its wire fan retainers sticking out farther. All three coolers come with an extra set of clips to hold a second fan in push-pull orientation.back to menu ↑
2.Cooler Master Hyper 212
- Air flow: 82.9 CFM; Noise level: 36.0 decibels
- Fan dimensions:120 x 120 x 25 millimeter (4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inches)
- Heat sink dimensions: 116 x 51 x 159 millimeter (4.6 x 2 x 6.2 inch)
Now, Cooler Master has made two Black Editions of the Hyper 212, fitted with either a FP120 Silencio or SF120R RGB 120mm fan.
Both the stealth and RGB versions feel like direct descendants to the Hyper 212s of yesteryear, with each performing like they were designed to be focused on entry-level to mid-range quad-core gaming builds.
However, if overclocking more than four CPU cores to the upper-end of the silicon stratosphere is on your agenda, you might consider alternatives as this pair of Hyper 212s lacks at wrangling thermal loads on HEDT (high-end desktop) CPUs. This is no real surprise, though, as the Hyper 212 has always been a heatpipe cooler for the masses.back to menu ↑
- IMPROVED HEAT DISSIPATION: Evenly spread direct-touch heat pipes and an optimised heat sink design with 54 cooling fins lead to an ideal heat dissipation for the Freezer 34 eSports DUO
- FOR HIGH-END CPU: The contact surface of the Freezer 34 eSports DUO heat pipes does not cover the full heatspreader, but is right where the processor DIE is and covers even the largest versions (18 core)
- EASY INSTALLATION & SECURE HOLD: Fast and easy to install, the mounting system of the Freezer 34 eSports DUO is compatible with Intel and AMD sockets, thanks to a backplate and its low weight it's also transport safe
- IDEAL AIRFLOW: The two BioniX P-fans of the Freezer 34 eSports DUO work in push-pull-mode, the resulting increase of airflow ensures that the heat from the CPU is dissipated even faster
- COMPATIBILITY: The Freezer 34 eSports DUO is compatible with the Intel Sockets: 2066, 2011(-3), 1155, 1151, 1150, 1200 and AMD Socket: AM4* *If you are experiencing AM4 assembly problems, please stop and visit our FAQ
While it’s no longer on our short list, it’s still an excellent mid-sized cooler, though its selling price has ticked up a bit from its MSRP. If you can find this cooler for well below , it’s a steal for its excellent performance and quiet operation.
Arctic blasts its new Freezer 34 Esports Duo into the heatpipe marketplace with sharp, aggressive styling and a few tricks up its sleeve in the form of disruptive pricing and impressive performance. Shipping standard with dual 120mm Arctic Bionix P120 fans, the Freezer 34 Esports Duo not only comes equipped with clean, bold styling, but enough cooling prowess to best one of our favorite quad-heatpipe coolers.
4.Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700
- High performance cooling fan, 120x120x25 mm, 12V, 4-pin PWM, max. 1700 RPM, max. 25.1 dB(A), >150,000 h MTTF
- Renowned NF-P12 high-end 120x25mm 12V fan, more than 100 awards and recommendations from international computer hardware websites and magazines, hundreds of thousands of satisfied users
- Pressure-optimised blade design with outstanding quietness of operation: high static pressure and strong CFM for air-based CPU coolers, water cooling radiators or low-noise chassis ventilation
- 1700rpm 4-pin PWM version with excellent balance of performance and quietness, supports automatic motherboard speed control (powerful airflow when required, virtually silent at idle)
- Streamlined redux edition: proven Noctua quality at an attractive price point, wide range of optional accessories (anti-vibration mounts, S-ATA adaptors, y-splitters, extension cables, etc.)
We reviewed the then hotly anticipated Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fan a few months ago, and it definitely earned the hype and then some as the performance results and eventual discussion showed. That fan did not launch on its own, however, as Noctua had decided that with their standard retail series getting a new 120 mm flagship, perhaps their redux lineup merited an addition as well.
The redux series, in case you were not familiar with Noctua’s offerings, aims to offer a more streamlined version of an older design in a different color scheme and minimalist packaging. This helps move the fan down to a more accessible price point and recuperates the company some R&D costs over a longer period of time as well. This review has arguably been long in the tooth, but is still just as relevant today as it was at launch, and we thank Noctua again for providing review samples to TechPowerUp.back to menu ↑
5.Scythe Fuma 2
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
In today’s review, I look at Scythe’s Fuma 2. Going by the performance on offer from the original, I am excited to see the improvements Scythe has made, which include a revamped design, slim front fan, improved memory clearance, and dual-fan reverse airflow design.
With so many improvements on tap compared to the original release, you could say I have high expectations, but that would be an understatement. Considering the original Fuma managed to give the biggest heavyweight air coolers a run for their money it will be interesting to see how the Fuma 2 holds up against the likes of the NH-D15S, among others.back to menu ↑
Best Air Coolers for i7 6700k – The i7 6700K is an extremely good computer that lets you give your best at work and while gaming. We call it the complete package because it serves all needs. Now, with something as powerful as the i7 6700K comes great responsibility.