Best Air Coolers for i9 9900k – In our humble opinion, the NH-D15 is not just the best air cooler for the job, but the best cooler in general, but don’t just take our word for it. It only takes a quick Google search to find out just how revolutionary this fan has been. It’s quite literally a game-changer.
That said, if all you like to hear are the screams of your vanquished foes when you game, the Kraken is a little pricey, but so quiet, if it wasn’t for the LCD screen, you’d forget it was even there.
Pros & Cons
- 【Better Heat Dissipation】The cpu cooler comes with 4 heatpipes and 120mm PWM fan to make sure excellent heat transfer from cpu.
- 【RGB Lighting】RGB lighting on top cover and fan are adjustable to match your PC build.
- 【Two-way RGB Control】The RGB lighting can sync with the motherboard, a wired RGB controller is included for non-RGB motherboards for customizing colors.
- 【PWM Fan】The 120mm RGB PWM fan deliver a blast of color and improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance. Max. Air Flow: 56.5CFM ; Noise Level: 16.2-31.5dB(A)
- 【Compatibility】The cpu air cooler supports most Intel & AMD sockets like Intel LGA2066/2011/1151/1150/1155/1156/1200/1700 and AMD AM4/AM5.
ID-Cooling has done well to establish itself in the DIY PC-cooling space, which is cut-throat at the best of times and shows they have no problems adapting to market needs with regular product releases every year since 2013. Offering a plethora of liquid and air coolers along with fans, thermal paste, and more, they have secured a solid foothold from which they can go toe to toe with the bigger names in the industry.
With a drive to succeed and a portfolio of solid products, ID-Cooling continues to show a great deal of tenacity in a highly competitive market.
However, according to ID-Cooling, its performance should be more than we originally bargained for. That being said, it’s time to see if that claim holds any truth, so let’s take a closer look at the SE 234 ARGB.
2.Cooler Master Hyper 212
Pros & Cons
- Well-balanced cooling performance provides fin optimizations with perfect balance between high and low speed operations
- Wide-range PWM fan with unique wave-shaped blade design for excellent airflow
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 120 x 80 x 159 mm / 4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 inch ; Heat Sink Dimensions (L x W x H): 116 x 51 x 159 mm / 4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 inch; Fan Dimensions (L x W x H): 120 x 120 x 25 mm / 4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inch
The newly updated Hyper 212 looks to tug at the heartstrings of many system builders from over a decade, who may recall countless tech sites spouting consistent praise and community recommendations for the original Hyper 212 product line as a budget air-cooling option.
Much like its earlier predecessors, the new Hyper 212 Evo v2 aims for the sweet spot of budget performance potential, with the latest version finding itself amidst a large selection of competitive alternatives.
The Hyper 212 Evo v2 does away with the swing-arm flex mount bracket and makes use of a fixed torsion bar, which greatly simplifies mounting and installation of the cooler.
Pros & Cons
- Support 5V RGB sync enabled motherboards: - Sync with 5V RGB enabled motherboards from as US, ASROCK Gigabyte and MSI to customize lighting effect
- Build-in ARGB LED: - 15 High lumen addressable LEDs with 16 8 million colors
- High volume airflow Design: - 9 High air-flow Blade generate a large volume of air passing through the aluminum heatsink for steady air flow and cooling quality
- Reliable hydraulic Bearing: - self-lubricated Bearing and friction-reduced substance lowers operation noise and enhance thermal efficiency
- Universal Intel, AMD Socket: - hassle-free installation with all-in-one back plate to be compatible with all latest Intel and AMD CPU Sockets
- Compatible Sockets: - Intel LGA 1200, 1156, 1155, 1151, 1150, 775 and AMD AM4, FM2, FM1, AM3 plus, AM3, AM2 plus, AM2
- 2 year
Thermaltake Technology Inc. was founded in 1999 with the vision of building Thermaltake Technology into “a cultural brand for the enjoyment of entertainment, e-Sports, technology, and lifestyle”. Thermaltake Technology is focused on delivering the perfect user experience.
Their products range from Power Supply Units, PC Chassis, Complete Custom Loop solutions, CPU Coolers, Fans to the range of the peripherals like keyboards, mouse, mouse mat, headphones, and even gaming chairs. The very essence of the Thermaltake DNA is based on Courage, Passion, and Perseverance. They are diversified in brands like TteSPORTS, Luxa to bring consumer-focused products from respective domains.
I remember the time when I took a spin on the Cooler Master G100M. That Mr. UFO gave us a chill for sure coming out purely from the design and RGB lighting were doing the magic for sure.
4.Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B
Pros & Cons
- Classic 120mm tower design with high-quality copper base, 6 heat pipes, and a smooth copper base ensures superior performance. The Kaze Flex PWM fan offers improved performance ramp up to 1200 RPM which has been specially designed for use on CPU coolers, provides superior cooling performance for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x)
- Quiet 120mm Kaze Flex fan (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) for high airflow and static pressure with silent operation(PWM, 300-1200RPM). Addition fan clip for adding 2nd fan(optional) as push-pull configuration for maximal performance.
- The asymmetrical heat sink layout provides full access to the front RAM slots. Cut-out fins on the back allow a clearance of 55mm for the rear RAM slots. (LGA2011 / LGA 2066). Standing only 154.5mm tall, the cooler perfectly fits into the most popular tower cases on the market.
- HPMS II(Hyper Precision Mounting System 2th Gen) is a secure and easy-to-install spring loaded mounting system compatible with socket INTEL LGA 1200 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(V3) Square ILM / 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM4 / AM3(+) / AM2(+) / FM2(+) / FM1
- Product Dimension: (W)136.0 x (D)110.5 x (H)154.5 mm Weight: 890 g / 31.7 oz Included: Mugen 5 cooler, Kaze Flex fan, 2 sets of fan clips, H.P.M.S. II mounting kit, high-end Thermal compound grease, screwdriver, manual
When it comes to shopping for a new CPU air cooler, Scythe will deliver three things, every time, no matter what. The first of those things is that no matter your needs in cooling or the space allowed for it to fit into, Scythe has one, if not two coolers to fit exactly what you are looking for.
The second of these things is that when it comes to design and aesthetics, Scythe delivers some of the best-looking coolers available. The last thing, and what is most important to buyers today, is that you are given terrific performance results, with little to no audible noise coming from their products.
Pros & Cons
- State-of-the-art dual-tower design with 6 heatpipes and 2 fans provides class-leading cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent systems
- Successor of the classic NH-D14; more than 250 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines
- 2 highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fans with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) LGA1200, LGA115x, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4 & AM5
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 12900K, 12700K, 12600K) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 7950X, 7900X, 7700X, 7600X)
We’ve lost count of how many times readers have asked “do they come in black?” so we’re pleased to finally say “yes, yes they do.”
The revamped variants, dubbed chromax.black, were introduced at the tail end of 2019 and promise the “same signature quiet cooling performance with a sleek stealth look.” Fans might view the alternate colour as blasphemy, but we disagree; the all-black model of the NH-D15 is beautifully made, and the time that Noctua has taken in introducing this model was evidently well spent.
Best Air Coolers for i9 9900k – In this guide, we will show you our top recommended air and liquid CPU coolers for i9-9900K builds that will be suitable for this type of high-end PC build.