Best Cpu Coolers for Am3+ Socket – If you have an AM3+, you are in luck. In this article, we are going to pen down the best AM3+ CPU coolers in the market today. This highly researched list will help you buy the right one without investing more time researching online.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Antec CPU Cooler
- The product is equipped with a 9cm LED silent fan, which kills similar products. The performance improvement brought by the large fan is needless to say, and the blue LED design makes the fan much more stand out.
- Even it‘s an entry-level heat pipe product, the A30 is equipped with a large heat dissipation fin set with a 43x86mm heat dissipation area, making its overall heat dissipation area about 1.5 times that of the same product
- A30 uses the fin scale shape prepared by the Antec air-cooled radiator, which has a more stable shape and able to strengthen the strength and hardness of the scales.
- It equipped with two 6mm high-efficency heat pipes, using 'Fin' to achieve good contact with the fins, so that the heat pipe is quickly transfer into the main body of the heat sink to achieve better cooling
- A30 uses an easy-install bilateral snap-on buckle. This buckle is easily installed on AMD's full range of platforms.it also achieve a non-detachable motherboard on the Intel platform. Installation, making installation easier and faster
Still, there are times when you want a compact AIO to take the edge off your processor, and this is where the Antec Kühler H2O K120 saunters in, with its blue-lit fan (it only lights up under load) and budget price tag.
Antec has shifted the water pump away from the top of the CPU block and instead installed it into the radiator, which means that the CPU block is thinner than what you may be used to (it’s well under two inches thick). This has the side effect that there are no unwanted vibrations on the CPU itself, which could, in theory, lead to the block working itself loose or, worse, damaging your CPU or motherboard (although we’ve never experienced this, or heard of anyone suffering from it).back to menu ↑
2.Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
- Premium quiet fan, 92x92x14 mm, 12V, 4-pin PWM, max. 2200 RPM, max. 19.9 dB(A), >150,000 h MTTF
- Award-winning 92x14mm A-series fan with Flow Acceleration Channels and Advanced Acoustic Optimisation frame for superior quiet cooling performance
- 14mm slim design is ideal for low-profile 9cm CPU coolers (e.g. Noctua NH-L9 series), compact PC cases and other space-restricted applications
- 4-pin PWM version for automatic speed control via 4-pin PWM fan headers, broad 500-2200rpm speed range (1700rpm max. with supplied Low-Noise Adaptor)
- Includes anti-vibration mounts, fan screws, Low-Noise Adaptor, extension cable and y-cable for running two PWM fans on the same header
All three fans feature the further optimised second generation SSO2 bearing as well as Noctua’s AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frames that feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua’s proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fans’ performance/noise efficiency. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-A9x14, NF-A6x25 and NF-A4x10 have an MTBF rating of more than 150.000 hours and come with a full 6-year manufacturer’s warranty.
NF-A4x10’s and NF-A6x25’s motor hub is smaller than with conventional 40mm and 60mm fans. This allows for more blade surface area and thus contributes to their superior airflow and pressure performance. Also NF-A4x10 comes with Noctua’s OmniJoin Adaptor Set and you can plug the NF-A4x10 to proprietary fan headers. Before I continue with this review I want to share some pictures of NF-A4x10 and NF-A6x25 fans.back to menu ↑
3.be Quiet! BK008
- A high 120W TDP cooling efficiency
- Full configuration of RAM Memory banks in PC cases with limited space
- Three high-performance 6mm heat pipes with aluminum caps
- Silence-optimized, seven Blade 92mm be quiet! fan (Max. 25.4Db(a))
- Pwm Variable speed operation to help balance cooling and quietness
- Intel: 1150/ 1151/ 1155/ 1156
- Amd: AM2 (+)/ AM3 (+)/ AM4/ FM1/ FM2 (+)
We test and review the be quiet! Pure Rock SLIM CPU Cooler. The cooler might not be the strongest performer on the block, but it is small, agile and intended for ‘smaller’ builds. Small or not, it is deadly silent but still packs enough punch to cool even a Core i7 4790K, albeit it’s not an easy job for this one.
You know, there really aren’t any bad performing coolers being produced anymore. For every segment and budget you can find something you need. The market stabilized and within the entire range and scope of heatpipe based coolers there’s a certain comfort zone with a corresponding product available. As a result, most of the coolers available on the market are all adequate at the very least.
There are always exceptions to this, there’s a handful of manufacturers out there that offer the really interesting stuff, the kit and gear that really stand out from the cooling crowd, the hardware you and me crave and need so badly… that is in the enthusiast domain of gaming hardware. And that’s where we need to make a stop at Be Quiet! as they tick boxes man!back to menu ↑
4.Thermaltake UX100 5V
- [Support 5V RGB sync enabled motherboards] - Sync with 5V RGB enabled motherboards from as US, ASROCK Gigabyte and MSI to customize lighting effect
- [Build-in ARGB LED] - 15 High lumen addressable LEDs with 16 8 million colors
- [High volume airflow Design] - 9 High air-flow Blade generate a large volume of air passing through the aluminum heatsink for steady air flow and cooling quality
- [Reliable hydraulic Bearing] - self-lubricated Bearing and friction-reduced substance lowers operation noise and enhance thermal efficiency
- [Universal Intel/AMD Socket] - hassle-free installation with all-in-one back plate to be compatible with all latest Intel and AMD CPU Sockets
- [Compatible Sockets] - Intel LGA 1200/1156/1155/1151/1150/775 & AMD AM4/FM2/FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2 plus/AM2
- 2 year
I have reviewed a couple of the Thermaltake AIO coolers in the past, and they have been superb, however, they also sit close to the top of the market for pricing.
Today I have the UX100 ARGB Lighting CPU Cooler which is completely the other end of the spectrum. Priced at just this is one of the cheapest coolers on the market, while still offering motherboard controllable ARGB LEDs all in a low profile format.
This cooler sits at just 66mm high and is 122.3 mm in diameter, making it quite petite by today’s standards of coolers. Its small size does have an obvious consequence, its cooling capacity is lower than many high-end models, this is rated at just 65W meaning the highest spec CPU it will be able to handle is the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.back to menu ↑
5.Scythe Fuma 2 CPU
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
In today’s review, I look at Scythe’s Fuma 2. Going by the performance on offer from the original, I am excited to see the improvements Scythe has made, which include a revamped design, slim front fan, improved memory clearance, and dual-fan reverse airflow design.
With so many improvements on tap compared to the original release, you could say I have high expectations, but that would be an understatement. Considering the original Fuma managed to give the biggest heavyweight air coolers a run for their money it will be interesting to see how the Fuma 2 holds up against the likes of the NH-D15S, among others.back to menu ↑
Best Cpu Coolers for Am3+ Socket – A CPU can only perform to the best of its ability if it is cool and composed, much like us! A heated CPU, on the other hand, doesn’t just perform badly. The heat has the potential to ruin the entire system altogether. Thankfully, it is quite easy to avoid this. Your job, while buying the best processor, is also to buy the best cooler.