Best Cpu Coolers for Ryzen 9 3900x – AMD have brought incredible power and value to the consumer market with the 93900X. Because they opted to continue support for the AM4 socket there’s already a wealth of compatible coolers to choose from. It’s worth remembering that AMD ship even this high-end part with an included Wraith Prism RGB Cooler – and that it’s perfectly adequate for general use and it does negate the need to scour the bottom end of the market because it’s simply not worth replacing it with anything similar or worse.
However, we suspect that most users will opt to customise their build and optimise the performance of this $500 component with a superior quality cooler. All of the coolers recommended above (with the exception of the compact Cryorig C7’s) will outperform the AMD supplied cooler in performance and sound profiles, and represent the best cooling options currently available for the Ryzen 93900X.
1.NZXT Kraken X63 280mm
Pros & Cons
- A 10% bigger LED ring allows for more vivid RGB. A rotatable top accommodates re-orienting the logo no matter the direction the cooler is installed
- CAM provides sophisticated controls with an intuitive, user-friendly interface. Now with better sync for lighting across all NZXT RGB devices, full CAM integration allows you to manage your Kraken’s performance with precision, making adjustments with the click of a button
- The Aer P radiator fans are designed for liquid-cooling perfection. It features a chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearing that provides silent operations, durability, and powerful cooling performance
- Fine nylon mesh sleeves strengthen the rubber tubing, providing durability and protection against mishandling
- Two 140mm Aer P radiator fans with chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearings
- CPU Compatibility: Intel LGA: 1200, 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066 Intel Series: i9, i7, i5, i3, Pentium, Celeron AMD Socket: AM4, sTRX4, TR4 AMD Series: Ryzen 9, Ryzen 7, Ryzen 5, Ryzen 3,Threadripper* Threadripper bracket not included
- NOTE: Kindly check compatibility before installing
NZXT has quite the catalog of all-in-one (AIO) CPU coolers in the form of the Kraken Z, Kraken X, and Kraken M series. The Z series is the more premium AIO coolers with an LCD display on the CPU block, while the X series is the mid-range family with LEDs on the CPU block to create an RGB infinity effect, and finally, the M series of AIOs are for budget-conscious PC builds.
The company refreshed its entire X series of coolers and right here I’m going to be running you through the new NZXT Kraken X63 RGB. I’ll show you what’s new (hint: it’s in the product name), why you should potentially consider buying one, and whether it’s worth the asking price to keep your system cool while under load.
2.Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
Pros & Cons
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- Industrial Grade Seal High Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- AMD AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- Intel LGA1700*/1200/1151/1150/1155/1156/1366/2066/2011-v3/2011 *Intel’s Alder Lake LGA1700 Kit, Available on Amazon Part#:603005870-GP ASIN:B09V3CFDP3
The Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240L uses an all-copper cold plate with a lateral grain that would seem to favor thermal paste application inconsistencies and overall CPU socket compatibility, rather than using a machined, mirror-like mating surface to the CPU heat spreader.
The pump includes mounting bracket hardware for most modern Intel and AMD sockets, apart from AMD’s TR4 Threadripper, which requires a separate mount. The pump and block unit arrives bare out of the box, requiring you to choose and install the proper mounting as needed, and the included documentation provides simple steps for configuring hardware for your specific CPU socket.
3.ARCTIC Freezer 7 X
Pros & Cons
- EXCELLENT COOLING PERFORMANCE: A 100 mm PWM Fan, 44 Fins, 2 Double-sided 6 mm Copper Heatpipes In Combination With Pre-applied MX-2 High Performance Thermal Paste Provide Excellent Cooling Performance
- EFFICIENT AND WHISPER QUIET: At Maximum Speed The Fan Of The Freezer 7 X Consumes Only 0.07 A At A Volume Of Whisper Quiet 0.3 Sone
- OPTIMAL COMPATIBILITY: The Freezer 7 X Can Be Mounted On Most Current Desktop Processors; AMD Socket: AM5, AM4, AM3(+), FM1/2(+); Intel Socket: 1700, 1200, 1156, 1155, 1151, 1150
- EASY INSTALLATION: By Using The Mounting Frame A Simple Installation Is Possible Even Without Removing The Mainboard
- INCLUDING PRE-APPLIED THERMAL COMPOUND: Freezer 7 X Comes With ARCTIC MX-2 Thermal Compound Already Applied, So The CPU Cooler Can Be Put Into Operation Immediately
Arctic believes there is room in the market for such a compact cooler like the Freezer 7 X, so where do we think it fits in? According to Arctic’s testing, the Freezer 7 X offers improved thermal performance and low noise levels compared to the stock AMD Wraith Spire cooler, so users of AMD processors that come bundled with the Wraith Spire could use the Freezer 7 X as a cheap upgrade there.
Another option would be to replace the stock Intel cooler that comes with some of its lower-end Pentium and Core i3 processors, or use this cooler with a tray CPU that does not come with a cooler at all. To see just how capable the Arctic Freezer 7 X is, we will put it through its paces against the AMD Wraith Spire and Prism stock coolers and see how it handles a high-end Intel platform versus a stock Intel cooler too.
4.Corsair H115i RGB
Pros & Cons
- 2 140mm ML PRO Series RGB magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver a blast of color and improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance. The fan airflow is 97 CFM and the noise level is 36 dBA
- 16 Individually controlled RGB LEDs light up the pump head to produce stunning customizable lighting effects to match your build Fan Speed is 2000 RPM
- CORSAIR iCUE software allows you to control your cooler’s RGB lighting monitor CPU and coolant temperatures and adjust fan and pump speeds all from a single intuitive interface
- Thermally optimized cold plate and low-noise pump design for high performance quiet cooling
- Compatible Sockets Intel LGA 115x 1366 2011 2011-3 2066 and AMD FM1 FM2 AM2 AM3 AM4 TR4
- Compatible Sockets: Intel LGA 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1200, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066 and AMD AM2, AM3, AM4, FM1, FM2, sTR4, sTRX4
Asetek has a stranglehold on most of the closed-loop liquid cooler market for PC hardware, easily holding majority placement in all CLCs sold in the US. CoolIT has long been a contender of Asetek’s, with the two having battled legally over Asetek’s patents on pump-in-block design, and has also been one of Corsair’s two liquid cooling partners. Both Asetek and CoolIT make the Corsair liquid coolers, though the latter fell out of popularity for a number of years. Finally, with the Platinum line, Corsair is working with CoolIT in a mainstream product.
The H115i Platinum uses a new pump and block design, and that’s something we’ll show off thoroughly in our upcoming liquid cooler internals comparison video. For today, we’re focusing on reviewing the $160 H115i Platinum for thermals, acoustics, and overall value at the price point.
Asetek has previously received settlements in legal disputes against CoolIT, the other supplier of Corsair’s closed-loop liquid coolers, and has also won legal battles against Cooler Master for its Seidon series. Asetek, it seems, has a patent on the pump-in-block design approach, and has had judges rule in its favor.
5.Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Air Cooler
Pros & Cons
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
Since then, the market has changed with what customers expect from air coolers these days. While reducing thermals is the primary factor to buy any aftermarket coolers, mid-tower cases are more prevalent, requirements for tall memory with fancy RGB LEDs much be able to be cleared, and ease of use all come into play. Scythe has heard the chatter and has decided rather than to be a revision C, and they are now offering it as the Scythe Fuma 2.
What you are about to see is a dual-tower design that fits many of the requests we mentioned, all while keeping a sense of sleek styling, and all while adding very little noise to the system! For those who tend to shy away from liquid cooling, and want a tower cooler that can run with the big dogs, without having to fork out the big bucks to own it, you may want to pay close attention to what follows in this review.
Best Cpu Coolers for Ryzen 9 3900x – In order to maintain performance in heavy workloads, the CPU requires adequate cooling and thankfully there are coolers available to suit any need. In this article Premium Builds will run through the options and make some recommendations to keep this exceptionally capable CPU performing optimally.