Best Cpu Coolers for Threadripper – As such, the last thing you want is an inefficient cooler that causes your CPU to exceed its thermal boundaries, which would ultimately throttle your processor and make it underperform.
In this article we’re going to help you pick the best cooler for your Threadripper CPU, and answer all your questions about whether to go for an HSF or AIO cooler and if fan sizes matter.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NZXT Kraken Z63
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BATTLESTATION: With a bright, 2.36” LCD screen capable of displaying 24-bit color, you can now completely customize the look of your CPU cooler
- STAY IN CONTROL: CAM’s elegant, user-friendly software makes you the master of your PC with simple-to-use, intuitive controls, you can manage your Kraken’s performance and appearance with ease
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE: Featuring a chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearings, they deliver silent operation, long-term reliability, and powerful cooling performance
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: With the fully programmable display, the pump can be rotated* to fit the needs of your motherboard without affecting the direction of the logo or image
- COMPATIBLE SOCKET & CPU: Intel Socket LGA 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066 / AMD Socket AM4, TR4(bracket not included)
Coolers are all the rage these days for gamers everywhere. If you’re looking to upgrade your style, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, in our NZXT Kraken Z63 AIO Cooler review, we’ll talk about why this product’s the best when it comes to fashion.
NZXT is famous for its innovative products in the gaming industry. They are an American manufacturing company in Los Angeles, California that focuses on computer hardware. With their talents, we expect nothing less from this line of Z series coolers.back to menu ↑
2.Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- The larger surface area increased the surface area of the fins on the radiator for better heat dissipation
- Industrial grade seal high: Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- Controller: Included a wired RGB Controller
- CPU socket support: LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1200, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
Cooler Master has sent their ML240L RGB CPU Liquid Cooler for the review. This cooler is from their Master Liquid Lite series with a focus on optimal performance and budget friendliness. The cooler features a 240mm radiator with double tubing and low-profile dual chamber pump design. Cooler Master has used their Air Balance series RGB fans with this cooler to strike a balance between the looks and the performance. The water block also features the RGB lighting as the Cooler Master brand logo lights up when powered on and connected to the RGB Controller.
This lighting is compatible with all leading lighting solutions on the majority of the today’s motherboards from various manufacturers. Cooler Master has also bundled a dedicated RGB Controller in case the user does not have such enabled motherboard. This cooler is compatible with major Intel sockets including LGA-20xx and 115x as well AMD’s AMx socket including AM4. This is also compatible with TR4 though the user would need to buy a mounting kit for TR4 separately. Cooler Master is offering 2 years warranty on this cooler.back to menu ↑
3.ARCTIC Freezer 50 TR
- COLOUR CONTROL: The 13 A-RGB LEDs are autonomously controllable from each other, we are compatible with the common A-RGB standards of leading motherboard Manufactures; the controller is not included
- FOR HIGH-END CPU: The contact surface of the heat pipes does not cover the full heat spreader, but it is right there where the processor die is and covers even the largest versions completely
- DUAL TOWER DESIGN: The twin-tower CPU cooler offers more cooling surface and, together with its eight u-shaped direct-touch heat pipes, ensures better heat distribution and faster heat dissipation
- IDEAL AIRFLOW: The Freezer 50 TR features two P-fans working in push-pull-configuration, combining a 120 mm fan and a 140 mm Leads to an increase in airflow for improved cooling
- RAM CLEARANCE: The Freezer 50 TR, including a massive heatsink, does not have limitless RAM Clearance, recommended is a maximum memory module height of 37.5 mm, please note RAM clearance graphics
Given that the Arctic Freezer 50TR is designed only for use with AMD’s Threadripper platform, the included parts list is minimized to a pair of brushed-steel mounting brackets with integrated machine bolts and a small packet of Arctic’s own MX-4 thermal compound. A single card with a QR scan code is included to provide installation instructions for the cooler, while also reducing paper waste in the form of included manuals.
Using a 120mm fan in front and a140mm sandwiched between its cooling towers, the Freezer 50TR makes use of a push/pull-push configuration to effectively move air through the cooling stack and out the rear.
With all of this going on in the Freezer 50TR, we can see that Arctic designed the cooling fins and heatpipe cooling tower with optimal airflow in mind.back to menu ↑
4.Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3
- Award-winning NH-U14S cooler: more than 250 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites and magazines
- 140mm size for maximum performance
- Tailored custom version for AMD’s sTRX4/TR4/SP3 platform (Ryzen Threadripper / Epyc)
- Quiet, premium-grade NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM for automatic speed control
- Renowned Noctua quality, deluxe choice for TR4 & sTRX4 AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs (e.g. 3990X, 2950X, 2920X, Epyc 7003/7002/7001 series)
Like all Threadripper-specific coolers, Noctua ships the NH-U14S TR4-SP3 with minimal hardware and accessories. Additional fan clips and anti-vibration mounts allow for a second cooling fan to be added for push+pull configuration, while the included tube of NT-H1 thermal compound means you won’t need to make a run for paste to complete installation.
A speed-reducing cable allows for even quieter operation, and the included long, L-shaped, hex-key wrench allows for torquing down those installation bolts. Noctua even has the bling department covered with an enamel painted, metal, adhesive case badge. How’s that for attention to detail?back to menu ↑
5.Thermaltake Floe Triple
- Designed for AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 - high-performance water block with a large Copper base plate offer superior IHS coverage for Str4. The pump comes installed with the AMD Str4 bracket and thermal paste for easy installation.
- Set lights effortlessly - utilize 20+ lighting schemes with the patented TT RGB Plus software and an exclusively designed TT RGB Plus app.
- Sync with Razer Chroma lighting - experience synchronized gaming and RGB lighting effects with Razer Synapse 3.
- Fun with TT AI voice control - gives you full control over the lights, fan speeds with your voice.
- Works with Alexa - allows you to control the lights, fan speeds, and even check the current weather condition in your location by giving verbal command to the Alexa-enabled device.
- High efficiency radiator - 360mm large surface radiator supports up to 6x 120mm fans for additional heat dissipation.
- Durable tubing - the high pump enables the maximum amount of water circulation. The low evaporation tube effectively decreases the loss of coolant.
- 3 year
Thermaltake was founded in 1999 and has since grown to become a major player in the PC market. Their unprecedented level of success comes from some truly unique products, the first of which was their “Golden Orb” they launched in 2000.
Enter the Big Typhoon next, which was a top-down cooler that hit it big when it launched back around 2006. After breaking on to the peripherals scene, the company released the level 10 M mouse in 2012 and the Level 10 M gaming headset in 2013. With the Toughpower series, Thermaltake has had a rock-solid line of power supplies as well. As history shows, Thermaltake has not been afraid to try or do just about anything necessary in their bid to remain relevant and successful in an increasingly competitive market.back to menu ↑
Best Cpu Coolers for Threadripper – AMD’s Threadripper CPUs Coolers were designed to deliver incredible performance at shockingly low prices.
To be able to perform the best they can, they absolutely need a powerful and reliable cooling solution. That’s especially true if you’re using these CPUs for multi-core optimized tasks, such as rendering, as you’ll be running the processor at full capacity for extended periods of time.