Best Cpu Coolers Under 150mm – As a PC builder, you should always ensure a good cooling solution to your components. This will protect your components and prevent you from performance throttling. And whether you got a midrange gaming CPU or a high-end one, we are confident that the coolers mentioned above will provide a fantastic cooling solution.
Other than that, we hope that we have helped you in your journey into finding the perfect CPU cooler under 150mm in height. Don’t forget to let us know which cooler has caught your attention in the comment section below.
You can also share this article with a simple button below on social media if you wish to help your friends get the perfect cooler for their gaming CPU.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Proven premium heatsink (more than 100 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites), now available in an all-black design that goes great with many colour schemes and RGB LEDs
- Compact 92mm size for excellent case, RAM and PCIe compatibility: fits most tower cases (125mm height), doesn't overhang the RAM slots, doesn't block the PCIe even on ITX motherboards
- Renowned, award-winning NF-A9 92mm fan with Low-Noise Adaptor and PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance under load, whisper quiet at idle!
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+)
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 11900K, 11700K, 10900K, 11600K) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 5950X, 5900X, 5800X, 5600X)
We did lose a bit of faith in Noctua with the last sample we received falling a bit short in the included hardware, but our faith has been restored this time around. We realize that mistakes can easily happen, but in our many years reviewing coolers, Noctua has been the hallmark by which we measure a lot of designs.
Noctua continually displays a fine attention to detail, and their designs and finished products are high quality. With what we have already seen from their latest design, we jumped right back to the high level of quality we expect from Noctua, and this cooler has certainly shown us you don’t have to go huge to control the temperatures of modern processors.
The cooler we are reviewing today is the Noctua NH-U9S, which is very small in comparison to most of the coolers in our charts, and is even more compact than the NH-D9L we just sawback to menu ↑
2.be quiet! Dark Rock Tf
- Extremely 220W TDP cooling performance
- Dual dark nickel-plated heat sinks with anti-vibration rubber inserts
- Six high-performance 6mm heat pipes with aluminum caps
- Two virtually inaudible silent Wings 135mm PWM fans (Max. 26.7Db(a))
- Fans equipped with durable fluid-dynamic bearing and smooth 6-pole motor
- Intel: 775/ 1150/ 1151/ 1155/ 1156/ 1366/ lga2011(-3) square ILM/ 2066
- Amd: AM2 (+)/ AM3 (+)/ AM4/ FM1/ FM2 (+)
The two major advantages of downdraft CPU coolers is that they don’t need to be as tall as cross-flow coolers, and they blow more air across a motherboard’s voltage regulator. To us, that sounds like a single design solution for two potential system configuration problems. Disadvantages include an increased amount of air re-circulation and reduced directional velocity at the cooler’s exit, due to the motherboard being in the flow path.
But wait, did I just say downdraft and cross-flow? The firm be quiet! is ready to set me straight, naming its downdraft cooler the Dark Rock TF for top flow. While I’d probably say downdraft and “cross-draft” were I looking for some level of naming consistency, a rose by any other name really does smell as sweet.back to menu ↑
3.Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- The larger surface area increased the surface area of the fins on the radiator for better heat dissipation
- Industrial grade seal high: Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- Controller: Included a wired RGB Controller
- CPU socket support: LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1200, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
Cooler Master has recently released two new all-in-one liquid cooling units: the Master Liquid ML120L and the ML240L. As you might guess, the ML120L is a 120mm radiator unit, and the ML240L happens to sport a 240mm (2x120mm) form liquid cooler.
(Note: we have a review of the 120mm unit coming soon.) PC gamers and system builders increasingly want to add the sleek, visual presence that only a liquid cooling unit provides, while ensuring a thermal design that can handle overclocking potential.
Want custom color options? Cooler Master’s Master Liquid ML120L and ML240L both feature LED RGB 4-pin fans and pump display utilizing RBG integration with capable motherboards. Or you can control the color and display pattern manually via a “Molex” (4-pin ATA)-powered control module.back to menu ↑
4.DEEPCOOL CF120 3IN1
- If your motherboard has ONE 5V 3-pin ADD-RGB header, you can use it to connect RGB extender cable to control and SYNC these three fans and one more DEEPCOOL addressable RGB device, such as CF 120, CF140, RGB 200PRO. If your motherboard has more than one 5V 3-pin ADD-RGB header, these fans can SYNC with Add RGB devices of other brands
- If your motherboard does not have 5V 3-pin ADD-RGB header, you can use the included cable controller to connect the RGB extender cable to realize SYNC of these three fans and 3 more DEEPCOOL addressable RGB devices, such as CF 120, CF140, RGB 200PRO
- Fan speed can be intelligently controlled by motherboard in accordance with temperature
- Utilize 12pcs of independently programmable RGB LEDs for amazing display effects
- Fan Connector: 4Pin. LED Type: Addressable RGB LED. LED Connector: 3pin (+5V-D-G). LED Control: motherboard with 5V ADD-RGB Header. Cable controller is also available
Gamer Storm is the brand of Deepcool under which enthusiast grade PC Components are offered to the market. Tri-Stellar, Quad-Stellar, Genome/II, New Ark 90 are some of their popular and highly customizable PC Chassis in the market.
Deepcool has recently released their new RGB fans at Computex, 2018. These are addressable RGB fans named under CF series. Fans are available in 120mm and 140mm sizes with a single fan pack and 3 fans pack for 120mm and 2 fans pack for 140mm. These fans are marketed as PC Chassis fan and CPU Cooler Fan.
We have received a 3 120mm fans pack and 2 140mm fans pack for the review and for an RGB build. Each fan houses 12 individually controllable RGB LEDs inside the hub for some vivid and immersive lighting effects.
Being an addressable RGB LEDs, they have +5V type three pin connector and come pre-equipped with a controller and motherboard sync cables. A PWM fan hub is also included which may not be available with single fan pack.back to menu ↑
5.Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler
- Proprietary Hive Fin System for airflow optimization, air turbulence reduction, added heat dissipation area, Jet Fin Acceleration SystemTM, and structural support.
- 3 Pure Copper Heatpipes
- Heatpipe Convex-AlignTM and Displacement Optimization TM high efficient heatpipe layout and design
- Includes one QF120 120mm PWM fan with our proprietary HPLNTM bearing for optimum airflow and noise ratio, and Quad Air Inlet TM for increased air intake
When it comes to the typical air cooler, there are basic components that make a very big difference in the overall efficiency of a product. For instance, adding more fins to the stack, or even using thicker fins can boost efficiency quite a bit.
There is usually an option to add more heat pipes, or you could figure out how to use larger ones in some way, or even a vapor chamber if you are so inclined. You could also increase performance by simply opting for a fan with more CFM and static pressure. But what if you are trying to build a lower profile tower CPU cooler that may be used in a HTPC, or any other environments where adding a louder fan just won’t do? Well, Cryorig found the answer to that question.back to menu ↑
Best Cpu Coolers Under 150mm – Building a strong gaming pc is not only about getting the best graphics card and CPU in the market. It’s about choosing every part of your gaming machine very carefully. And one of these parts that do heavily impact your PC’s overall performance is the CPU cooler. Providing a good cooling solution to your components is critical as it will improve their longevity and offer you constantly high performance. However, you don’t always need a big tower cooler in order to get a great cooling performance. In fact, you can get an amazing cooling solution with some CPU coolers that are under 150mm in height.