Best Liquid Coolers for Threadripper – Since these new processors use a sophisticated algorithm, it’s apparent that the heat generation will escalate. The more voltage it drives from the PSU, the more it gets hot. How to minimize this problem? That’s where you need the best CPU cooler for AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU. The requirement might be redundant if you have decent and withstanding airflow inside your case. But, at times, you need a functional solution to minimize the soaring temperatures. There will be a time where you will yield away all your arrogance for not setting up a cooling system.
1.NZXT Kraken X63 280mm
- DESIGN: With a re-designed cap and larger infinity mirror ring LED, the new Kraken X allows for adjusting the orientation of the pump head to fit without affecting the direction of the logo
- BIGGER AND BRIGHTER: 10% bigger infinitty mirror cap allows for more vivid RGB and a rotating cap accommodates re-orienting the logo no matter the direction the cooler is installed
- BETTER CONTROL: Full CAM integration allows you to manage your Kraken’s performance with precision
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE: The Aer P radiator fans feature a chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearing that provides silent operations, durability, and powerful cooling performance
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Fine nylon mesh sleeves strengthen the rubber tubing, providing durability and protection against mishandling
NZXT updated its Kraken series to revision 3 as in X-3, in this review we test the latest offering, the X63 Series Liquid cooler. An AIO LCS liquid CPU cooler for cases with 280 mm radiator mounts. The new update revision 3 has subtle but not significant changes, for example, the LED ring is a bit bigger and now can be rotated to line up the NZXT LED-lit logo horizontally independent of how you install the block.
Also, and this is not perse a positive, the fans are no longer controlled by the LCS unit and CAM infrastructure itself, you need to connect them towards your motherboard or fan controller to regular them. it seems to be an effort from NZXT to have you purchase an extra CAM compatible RGB/FAN HUB, but we’ll talk a bit more about that in the review. Other than that the cooling performance remains solid. This new revision CPU cooler pump and LED lighting are compatible with CAM software.
2.Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- Industrial Grade Seal High Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- AMD AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- Intel LGA1700*/1200/1151/1150/1155/1156/1366/2066/2011-v3/2011 *Intel’s Alder Lake LGA1700 Kit, Available on Amazon Part#:603005870-GP ASIN:B09V3CFDP3
Cooler Master has recently released two new all-in-one liquid cooling units: the Master Liquid ML120L and the ML240L. As you might guess, the ML120L is a 120mm radiator unit, and the ML240L happens to sport a 240mm (2x120mm) form liquid cooler.
(Note: we have a review of the 120mm unit coming soon.) PC gamers and system builders increasingly want to add the sleek, visual presence that only a liquid cooling unit provides, while ensuring a thermal design that can handle overclocking potential. Want custom color options? Cooler Master’s Master Liquid ML120L and ML240L both feature LED RGB 4-pin fans and pump display utilizing RBG integration with capable motherboards. Or you can control the color and display pattern manually via a “Molex” (4-pin ATA)-powered control module.
3.Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing RGB
- LGA1700 Kit available. Search ASIN B09LLYRWDQ, Thermaltake P/N CL-O032-PL00BL-A, to upgrade now
- Patented Ring Plus RGB Software Enabled : Changes the light modes, colors, speeds, brightness, fan speeds, and even supports AI voice control in iOS and Android devices
- 12 Separately Controlled RGB LEDs for unrivaled Lighting Control.Rated Voltage:12 V/ 5VRated Current:0.325 A / 0.4AMotor Speed:3600 R.P.M
- 360mm High Efficiency Radiator with Push/Pull Mounting Support.For desktop:Requires TT RGB PLUS Software 1.1.5 version or later,For iOS:Requires iOS 10.0 or later,For Android:Requires Android 6.0.0 or later with screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- High Performance Waterblock and Durable Sleeved Cable
- Features RGB of Speed: 500~1400RPM , Noise Level :19.8 ~ 24.7 dB , Rated Voltage:12 V Max
- Air Flow:14.2~42.34 CFM , Max. Pressure: 0.17~1.54 millimeter H2O
- Tt LCS Certified: Liquid Cooling Supported. Compatible with extreme liquid cooling configurations
Bigger is usually better in cooling, but not when it comes to names. If you were to ask a family member for this as a holiday gift, would they even be able to remember the words Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition? They might get the Floe Riing part right, apart from the spelling, and buy you a kinetic toy.
If you’re lucky, they might get you any other variation of liquid CPU cooler with the word “Floe,” or “Ring,” or “360” in it. Perhaps you should just message them? No wonder people who remember life before smartphones lament that we never talk
Henceforth abbreviated as Floe Riing 360 TTPE, Thermaltake’s big RGB cooler certainly gives us a lot to talk about.
4.MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID 360R
- Long Lasting Reliability: A durable three phase motor at the core of the pump generates minimal vibrations for long-lasting operation.
- Total RGB Fan Control: The included RGB fans support custom speed with PWM fan and customizable lighting through software.
- Rotatable Cap: Mount the cold plate in any orientation, turn the cap up to 270 degrees to keep it upright.
- Radiator Pump Design: The pump has been integrated into the radiator for noise reduction as well as increased life expectancy due to being away from heat source.
- Compatible Sockets & CPU: Intel LGA1150/1151/1155/1156/1200/1700, LGA1366, LGA2011, LGA2011-3, LGA2066 / AMD AM4, FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, TR4, SocketTR4, sTRX4, SP3
It certainly has been a little while since we looked at the state of the All In One CPU cooling solution industry. That is mainly because this corner of the market has become mature with innovation few and far between. Put another way, when one OEM (Asetek) make the vast… vast majority of AIOs for everyone and their dog (and is known to sue anyone who dares break free from their stranglehold) it is hard to find any innovation.
With that said there still is innovation occurring. Smaller companies like Alpatek (aka “Apalcool”) are finding ways to avoid being sued by the ‘IBM’ of the industry and are trying to bring some semblance of innovation and excitement to market that has started to stagnate in recent years.
One company who has seen the merits of breaking free of Asetek is MSI. Yes, unlike the vast majority of the competition the recently released MSI MAG Coreliquid is indeed Apalcool and not Asetek based. Coming in either 240 or 360mm form-factors this new series is highly intriguing. So much so we requested their $135(USD) 360mm “MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R” variant to see what makes it tick.
5.Enermax Liqtech TR4 II 360
- 100% sTR4 IHS Coverage
- Exclusive for AMD Thread ripper Platform
- Support 500W+ TDP
- Patented Shunt Channel Technology
- Ultra-premium Water Block Featuring Addressable RGB Lighting
Enermax has always held a special place in my heart. The first published review I ever wrote was of the Lepa Exllusion 240. Overall, I’ve had rather good luck with their products in general. So, when they asked if we’d take a look at their new Liqtech II 360, we couldn’t say no.
The Enermax Liqtech II 360 is a 360 mm AIO cooler with an insane 500 watt TDP. The Liqtech II is compatible with both Intel and AMD sockets. Its EF1 pump is said to be seven times more powerful than the average AIO and move up to 450 liters per hour.
Now, that’s all well and good, if it lives up to its expectations. Many times, in the past I’ve tested AIO coolers that just couldn’t handle a high core count processor. So, we put the Liqtech II through its paces on the Intel Core i7 8700k. So, did it live up to its claims? Let’s find out.
Best Liquid Coolers for Threadripper – The Threadripper CPUs have set a benchmark for being superior and performative. Although, the referencing can get biased depending on your personal preference. For instance, if you are an AMD fanboy, you will always go head over heels for a newly arrived product; the same goes for intel. Keeping aside all the opinions, and bringing in survey data, it can be said that AMD has been doing better in processing power and rendering. The notion behind launching a “Threadripper” chipset is to formulate a benchmark for future processors. Most of the threadrippers use 24+ threads, which means all the processes can be addressed without causing the blue screen of death.