Best Ankle Fitness Tracker – At this price range, Moov Now is a better choice to track your Physical Activities by wearing on your ankle. No other Fitness Trackers can track your Physical Activities as effectively as Moov Now. The 3D Motion Sensors make it a unique fitness tracker for ankle, among others.
People tend to buy ankle fitness trackers because they do not want to wear one at the wrist. There may be multiple reasons like distractions, or they maybe want to get a more accurate reading of their activities.
You have to think and decide why do you need an ankle fitness tracker rather than a wrist-based fitness tracker. If your answer is still yes, then go ahead with ankle-based fitness tracker.
Pros & Cons
- Computes and sends 6 running dynamics metrics to your compatible Device
- Battery life: replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour daily use)
- Automatically turns itself on and off
- Tiny size: at less than 5 ounces, you’ll forget it’s there
monitors, and the quality of their training tools. We’ve also evaluated their battery life, plus display quality, and overall design so you know how each one will feel to wear and use during workouts and in everyday use.
We’ve also found the lowest prices right now for each of the watches in this list, so you can be confident you’re getting the best deal, whether it’s the entry-level Forerunner 55 or the flagship Fenix 6.
Whichever watch you pick, it’s likely to get even better with time, as Garmin regularly adds new features through firmware updates. For example, in September 2021, it added a new Adventure Racing profile for the Garmin Enduro.
Pros & Cons
- CADENCE MEASUREMENT - Track and capture real-time cycling cadence with compatible training apps.
- DUAL BAND TECHNOLOGY - Integrated with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart capabilities, Wahoo’s RPM Speed & Cadence sensors connect to smartphones, tablets, and bike computers by Wahoo, Garmin, and others.
- WIRELESS CONNECTION – Lightweight and easy to install – no magnets. Cadence sensor attaches to your bike’s crank arm or shoe; Mounts included.
- VISIBLE CONNECTION – Two LED lights show the sensor's device connection (blue) and cadence detection (red)
- UNIVERSAL FIT – Sensors will fit with most bikes and frame sizes..PELOTON iOS – RPM Cadence easily pairs with the apps including Peloton Digital iOS App via Bluetooth to get real time cadence data during spin workouts.
- SHOE MOUNT– Cadence sensor can be worn on shoe for spin classes or use with multiple bikes
It’s been four years since the original Wahoo BOLT was announced, which was arguably Wahoo’s most important bike computer in terms of shifting consumers towards their offerings. Designed to be small and easy to use, it garnered many fans. However, it lacked full onboard routable maps, as well as a color screen. Wahoo then fixed that with the Wahoo ROAM two years ago, albeit in a larger and pricier form factor.
But now, the world is righted again, and the new Wahoo BOLT (it doesn’t have any different name) includes a full color screen, full maps, and basically, is a mini Wahoo ROAM. All for $279USD (compared to the ROAM’s $379). There are almost no new unique features that the ROAM didn’t have previously, so if you wanted a cheaper/smaller ROAM, then this is likely for you. Whereas if you were looking for new advanced features from Wahoo, this release doesn’t provide that.
Pros & Cons
- Allow you wear activity tracker around your ankle and get more accurate steps
- Compatible with Fitbit, Garmin, Misfit, Sony or other bullet style activity tracker
- Soft and comfortable fit, does not irritates skins, easy to use with snap closure
- Keep your tracker secure in the mesh pouch that closed with a touch fastener
- Package inlcude only one piece ankle band, not include tracker or other parts
Allow you to wear activity tracker around your ankle and get more accurate steps.Compatible with Fitbit, Garmin, Misfit, Sony or other bullet style activity tracker
Soft and comfortable fit does not irritate skins, easy to use with snap closure. Keep your tracker secure in the mesh pouch that closed with a touch fastener
Package includes only one piece ankle band sold by B-Great, not include the tracker or other parts
Pros & Cons
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned
- Syncs automatically to your computer or select bluetooth 4.0 smartphones or tablets
- Set goals, view progress and earn badges; Battery type: 3 volt coin battery
- Share and compete with friends throughout the day
- Free iphone and android application
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 150 leading smartphones
While the Zip lacks some of the bells and whistles found in other devices, such as tracking sleep and stairs climbed or displaying notifications, it remains one of the cheapest entry points to the Fitbit ecosystem.
The Fitbit app app is easy to use and provides tools to help you stay active. In addition to viewing all of your activity data, you can track what you eat and even compete with friends and family members in daily or weekly competitions.
Pros & Cons
I’ve been using the Forerunner 55 for a number of weeks now on workouts and 24×7 wear. Additionally, my wife has also used the FR55 on a number of her workouts too. So I’ve got a pretty good feel on how well the FR55 works, and where its quirks are.
Note that for this review I’m using a media loaner from Garmin. Once this review is done, I’ll get it boxed back up and sent back to them. After which I’ll likely go out and buy my own for future use. If you found this review useful, you can use the links at the bottom, or consider becoming a DCR Supporter which makes the site ad-free, while also getting access to a mostly weekly video series behind the scenes of the DCR Cave. And of course, it makes you awesome.
Best Ankle Fitness Tracker – BUYER’S GUIDE
There is nothing much to do with the display on an ankle fitness tracker. Because you cannot see the display as it is worn on the ankle. Also, apply a screen protector to avoid any scratch or damage to the display.
Design is important. I recommend you buy a lightweight and non-bulky fitness tracker as it will be very comfortable to wear on your ankle. If you choose a bulky fitness tracker, then it will interfere with your activities, especially running and walking. You must also make sure that the built-quality of the strap is smooth, durable, and comfortable to wear.
A waterproof or splash-proof is an essential feature in any ankle fitness tracker. Because the chances are high to get exposed to water and mud during outdoor activities with ankle-based activity tracker. All ll the fitness trackers mentioned here are waterproof and splashproof. So, you can enjoy outdoor activities without any worry.
You should also make sure that the strap is waterproof and durable. Otherwice, it will be damaged easily as it is more prone to water exposure when you wear it on your ankle.
Battery life is an important thing to consider in any electronic gadget. A Fitness Tracker with hell lot of features with a week battery is really garbage. Moov Now 3D Fitness tracker mentioned here has an excellent replacement battery, which lasts for one year!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fitness tracker you can wear on your ankle?
Moov Now is the best fitness tracker for ankle. Even at the ankle, it can give you a deep insight of your activities.
- Can you get a Fitbit for your ankle?
Fitbit do not recommed any of its wearable to wear on the ankle. However, you can wear it on the ankle with the help of an ankle band. Also, when you use it as an ankle fitness tracker, it does not gives you only limited data.
- Can you wear a Fitbit versa on your ankle?
No Fitbit Versa is not recommended to wear on the ankle.
- Can I wear my Fitbit Charge 3 on my ankle?
Fitbit Charge 3 can be wear on your ankle with the help of a third party strap. But it can not give you much data about your activities.
Most fitness trackers and smartwatches are designed to wear on the wrist. If you use it as an ankle fitness tracker, it does not accurately track the activities and health metrics.