Best Fitness Tracker for Boxing – Look past the hype this Boxing Day and choose the tech which delivers what you need. Remember to keep your fitness level, activities and goals in mind when making the decision
If you want to track your blood pressure, any ordinary heart rate tracker will not suffice and you should explore your options. This will ultimately help you snag the right tracker for your lifestyle
I enjoy what I see but think we still have a long ways to go from creating the perfect boxing tracker. There’s plenty of room for innovation and improvements to make these tools truly useful for serious boxers. And more importantly to make this whole home virtual-training boxing experience more fun.
Pros & Cons
- Work out inside, or use Built-in GPS to accurately track activities outside
- Includes fitness monitoring tools such as Vo2 Max and fitness made estimates. Smartphone compatibility- iPhone, Android, Windows
- All-day stress tracking helps you stay in touch with your body’s response to potential stressors
- Features always-on color Garmin Chroma display and slim profile. Display size: 0. 38 x 0. 76 inches.
- Please note that this band is not replaceable. The small/medium fits the following size wrists: small/medium fits wrists with a circumference of 122-188 mm
There a lot of get-up-and-move packed into this fitness tracker. Though itâ compact enough to suit any occasion, vÃvosport features built-in GPS, which lets you accurately track your activities outside while also including a variety of indoor activities.
It brings you fitness monitoring tools and all-day stress tracking plus handy connected features, including automatic uploads to our Garmin Connectâ online fitness community. Itâs the complete fitness tracking package.
Pros & Cons
- Comfort: Polar Verity Sense keeps your wrist free for maximum comfort and freedom of movement. Just slip it on your arm, clip it on your swimming goggles, or place it snug and firm against your skin under tight-fitting clothing.
- Convenience: With only one button, using Polar Verity Sense couldn't be easier. Just switch it on and then put it on your arm or temple and you’re ready to start your workout right away.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth and ANT+ guarantee a large variety of devices that you can connect Polar Verity Sense with. You can have two simultaneous Bluetooth connections.
- Diversity: Polar Verity Sense suits countless different sports. You can either follow your heart rate in real time on a connected device or app or record your session and transfer your data to your phone afterwards.
- Swimmer's best companion: Conveniently in its swimming goggle strap clip against your temple, Polar Verity Sense tracks your heart rate, swimming turns, distance and pace automatically in the pool.
Polar has launched an updated version of their standalone optical HR sensor, taking the existing Polar OH1 and adding new features and capabilities, and re-branding it as the Verity Sense. For those familiar with my reviews & testing, you’ll know that I often use the Polar OH1 as a reference device in testing – and it is arguably the most accurate optical HR sensor in the market – usually out-performing conventional chest straps too (especially in cooler weather). Perhaps once the Scosche Rhythm 2.0 starts shipping in a month, that’ll change – as the early results here were promising.
The question is – does the Verity Sense retain that title? First up, are the improvements. They’ve significantly increased the battery life claims, from 8 to 20 hours. They’ve also increased the range from 75m to 150m – primarily targeted at field team sports that may have recording devices on the sidelines. They’ve also included a new swimming mode, and dedicated mode lights on the back, plus an entirely new strap design that minimizes the chance of a flip-over. In other words, they basically addressed the most common complaints of the OH1 series.
Pros & Cons
- Amazfit Bip S Fitness Smartwatch comes with a whopping 40 day long battery life on a single charge of 2.5-hours.
- 10 Sport Modes Tracking (Treadmill, Outdoor Running, Cycling, Yoga, etc) with 5 ATM water resistant so you can take it for a swim.
- Built-in GPS to track daily step count, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality.
- BioTracker PPG Heart Rate Monitor provides high-precision continuous heart rate tracking, warning and interval values.
- Highly colorful always-on display with easily readable outdoors even under bright sunlight. True bright colors with 64 Gamut.
The Amazfit Bip S beats out every other smartwatch we’ve tested when it comes to price and battery life, earning it CNET’s Editor’s Choice Award for 2020.
It isn’t the best smartwatch I’ve ever tested — not even close. But it’s definitely the longest-running one. I wore it for almost 10 days straight without having to charge it once, and that’s a lot more than I can say for its pricier competitors. But if battery life alone isn’t enough to get your attention, the price tag should seal the deal. (UK prices weren’t available, but it’s AU in Australia, which is about £65.)
Pros & Cons
- 【SpO2 Blood Oxygen Monitor】: By HONOR Band 5, you can detect your SpO2 status directly. Water resistant to 50m when washing hands, swimming or raining. With the SpO2 Blood Oxygen feature, you can analyze your physical condition and list your own exercise program.
- 【Heart Rate Monitor】: HONOR Band 5 smartwatch wristband heart rate monitor can 24-hour real-time heart rate monitoring, nighttime infrared heart rate monitoring, heart rate warnings etc. Dozens of training scene optimization algorithms, based on intelligent measurement monitoring, the smart bracelet provide hundreds of lifestyle and fitness tips.
- 【TruSleep Tracking】: Sleep Monitor. By combining the artificial intelligence technology of and six main categories of sleep problems, HONOR Band 5 fitness tracker can automatically record stable sleep unstable sleep and wake-up time. Use TruSleep monitoring technology to analyze sleep quality. Sleep monitoring is over 95% accurate.
- 【Smart Notification】: The smart bracelet vibrates to alert you when your smartphone receives a phone call, SMS and messages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Messenger, etc.) You will never miss an important call or message. With HONOR Band 5 Smart watch included Incoming call notification, SMS, email, SNS notifications, vibration alarm, smart alarm, timer, make your life much simpler and smarter. Multisport
- 【Fitness Tracker】: HONOR Band 5 Smart watch Multisport mode provides better training experience: Real-time heart rate tracking reduces the risk of exercise, duration, distance, speed, running . Activity Tracker (Pedometer, Distance, Calories), Duration of moderate to high intensity activity and permanent status, 10 Sport Modes."
It’s a bare-bones device, with only a few key features and functions, and it certainly won’t appeal to those who use their tracker to monitor every aspect of their health and fitness. If, however, you just want the highlights, such as step count and sleep time, it may suit you just fine – and its limitations are reflected in its price, as it’s one of the most affordable fitness trackers on the market.
For the Honor Band 5, Honor has thrown some premium-feeling features into the mix, including an improved screen, but it’s essentially a wearable that corrects some of the problems of the Honor Band 4. If this isn’t for you, there’s always the slightly more fitness-focused Honor Band 5 Sport to look at too.
Pros & Cons
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
- Sport type: Yoga
The LETSCOM Fitness Tracker has a rather sleek and appealing design. Not quite flashy as other fitness trackers like, say, a Apple Watch Series 4, but it has some charm to it and a wider variety of colors. Its screen is small, but its display is big enough and clear enough to see the readings. However, on a particularly bright day, it can be a little more difficult to read.
What’s really cool is how it charges, which you’ll be doing every 7 to 10 days. By removing one of the straps, you reveal a hidden USB dongle. Insert into a nearby USB port and it’ll fully charge within 1 to 2 hours.
Best Fitness Tracker for Boxing – BUYER’S GUIDE
Weight & Size: The weight and size of your boxing fitness tracker are hugely important. You’ll need something that’s not just accurate but also unnoticeable – if it were to get in the way of your punches, it’ll probably negatively impact your game. So, looking for a product that’s light and small will be ideal. On this note, devices like the Fitbit and Apple Watch may seem comparably cumbersome when you compare them with dedicated boxing trackers like the BXTRACKER.
Durability: Boxing just may well be one of the most dangerous and deadly sports out there today. With strikes being thrown from all angles, your body, arms and hands will be sure to take a beating. Likewise, this applies to your poor little fitness tracker as well! You’ll need to get a product that can withstand some pretty rough treatment if you’re looking to get a solid bang for your buck. Of course, this only applies if you intend to actually do some live sparing with the tracker on. If you’re just doing solo drills and the like, durability shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
Placement: Where you place your fitness tracker on your body will depend entirely on both what you’re doing and which tracker you choose. For instance, the Moov trackers are designed to be work on the wrists to get the most out of a boxing session. This also applies to BXTRACKER. But with something like the Fitbit, if you’re worried about damaging the device or worried that it’ll get in the way, you could even wear it on your ankle if all you want to measure if you heart rate and calorie expenditure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to get two trackers for myself since I use both hands to box?
To obtain the most accurate results possible, the answer to this question is a resounding yes. Most devices do happen to come with two trackers but for some like the Moov, you’ll need to fork out twice the price unfortunately. You could certainly get away with using just a single tracker and still get some good feedback, but we don’t recommend you do this – after all, what’s the use of a coach that’s only half as good?
Is it important that a tracker has water resistance?
Absolutely! Boxing can be an incredibly sweaty affair so you should expect your fitness tracker to be completely drenched in sweat after a hard day of boxing. All the devices on our list are totally water resistant so this shouldn’t be an issue, but should you choose to opt for a device outside of our list, make sure you keep this in mind.
They were capable of responding to the most minute and intricate of changes and kept track of rising trends. Whether it was adapting their technique to accommodate for the unique style of their upcoming opponent or revolutionising their training regime based on the latest, cutting-edge scientific research, they were all capable of accommodating for change within a heartbeat.