Best Fitness Tracker for Crossfit – Picking the best among the products in this review is a bit daunting. Every one of them is great. Also, they all have more or less the same features. However, since we are compelled to make a choice, we are reluctantly going for the AKASO Fitness Tracker HR Activity Tracker . The Willful Fitness Tracker is a good alternative because of the whopping 14 different sport modes it provides for you.
Well that’s it for our list of what we believe to be the best watches for CrossFit. This article should give you an idea of the different types of fitness trackers available, and what types of features they possess. CrossFit is quite the sport, so having an appropriate fitness tracker on your wrist is a no-brainer.
Remember that these choices are the result of research we have done on these types of smartwatches. They are going to be more expensive than your standard watches, but we included different prices to suit different budgets.back to menu ↑
- Battery life up to 12 hours in training mode
- Steel bezel, mineral Crystal Glass, and an outdoor grade color touch screen
- Strong and sleek design with100 meter water resistance
- GPS route navigation
- Sport specific training modes and support for over 80 sports with racing and interval use
back to menu ↑
- ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE: The Polar Vantage V Multisport Watch has up to 40 hours of training time with GPS active. As a premium, durable, and waterproof watch, the Vantage V can stand up to your toughest training and grueling races.
- POLAR PRECISION PRIME HEART RATE: Poplar's heart rate monitor watches redefine the gold standard in optical heart rate accuracy by combining the latest in bio-impedance electrodes and optical sensors.
- ADVANCED RUNNING POWER: Accelerate the effectiveness and precision of your training with running power. Captured for the first time EVER directly from the wrist, the Vantage V can help fine-tune your effort. This is the ultimate activity tracker.
- TRAINING LOAD PRO: The Vantage V is the ultimate fitness tracker, separating cardio load, muscle load and perceived load. Poplar's Training Load Pro provides an unparalleled look into how your training affects your body.
- RECOVERY PRO: Recovery Pro allows your fitness watch to take into account factors outside of training that can influence recovery, providing a holistic view of not only what you've done, but what you can do next for optimal results.
back to menu ↑
- 【Excellent Ergonomic Design】Large Color-Screen : The beauty in all in view. Using a 1.3 inch IPS HD full color-screen, high contrast & wide gamut bring a pleasant experience of high definition image.; Skin Friendly and lithe comfortable material.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking】Record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep quality, you can get the completely report in the APP.
- 【Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Sleep Monitor 】Tracks real-time heart rate and Blood Pressure automatically & continuously, also you could get completely report in the App. Automatically tracks your sleep quality, helping you analysis of sleep quality data and improve your habits and customs.
- 【Other Powerful Multiple Features】Sport Modes , Sleep Monitor, Step Counter, Calorie Counter, Call Alert(Hang up), Turn wrist take photos, Alarm , Sedentary Alert, SMS&SNS Alert ; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route.
- 【Important Note】Please connect with smartphone via the App ”H Band” not Bluetooth ;Please keep your wrist stable when testing blood pressure; Sleeping Data updated every 24 hours, please don’t think it doesn’t work when you get up.Alarm , Sedentary Alert, SMS&SNS Alert feature need to set up in the App, tap"Mine"-> "V2"->begin set up; Please set "H Band" auto run in the App management if meet connect problem in Android smartphone, authorize ” H Band” and turn on all switches in App permission
back to menu ↑
- 【Multifunctional Health Manager】The home fitness tracker accurately records your home sports, walking distance traveled, calories burned and monitor your heart rate with full analysis. With powerful 12 in 1 activity tracker makes your exercise more efficient in home gym and let you have a healthier lifestyle.
- 【 Heart Rate Monitor 】Advanced HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring , monitor your heart rate all day with graph in the app. It means allowing you to know your heart rate while rest and while indoor home workout.This activity tracker care about your every heart beat.
- 【Sleep Tracking】Tracks your awake, deep sleep, light sleep, and REM sleep so that you can have a better understanding of your sleep quality at home. You can also use this sleep tracker set an alarm to wake you up with vibration, smooth and comfort. Embrace a fresh morning with Akasma sleep monitor.
- 【Intelligent Reminder & Wider Compatibility】Vibrates to notify you of incoming calls and messages help you stay connected . Never miss any important message for exercise at home. Supports a wide selection of Android and iOS mobile devices, install the App “Runmifit” in your phone and pair the device from it. Check all your personal health data from the App at anytime or anywhere. (Require: iOS 9.0 & Android 4.4 above)
- 【 Charging Anywhere 】S5 activity tracker built-in USB Charge (no need cable). Only 2 hours' charging allows up to 5 days' use. You can charge it with any USB Power Adapter, like computer, USB cable, power bank, etc. Make sure you put the right side, the charging function is only available at the lower end of the dial. Try the front and back sides, the metal piece facing forward or backward and plug in a different socket to see if it can be charged properly.
back to menu ↑
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
- 5GHz Wi-Fi and U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
- Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance
- Swimproof design
- Sync your favorite music, podcasts, and audiobooks
back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE MODELS: YAXIN Sport Silicone Band compatible with Apple watch band 38mm 40mm 42mm 44mm width, which is specailly design for apple iWatch band Series 6, Series 5, Series 4, Series 3, Series 2, Series 1 .
- FASHIONABLE AND SIMPLE DESIGN: The silicone apple watch bands has Simple and elegant pure color 38mm 40mm 42mm 44mm design classic style for men and women, 12 colors suitable for watch band replacement sports bands, the silicone apple watch band are very suitable for modern style, daily wear and exercise.
- EASY to INSTALL: The YAXIN silicone sport iwatch bands adopts an upgraded simple buckle that can be accurately and firmly locked on the 38mm 40mm 42mm 44mm Apple Watch straps, fashionable narrow silicone band comes with watch lugs on both ends, which is easy and direct installation, and one button removal.(38mm / 40mm for 5.6"-7.1" (140-180mm) wrist, 42mm / 44mm for 6.2"-8.3"（160-210mm) wrist)
- COMPATIBLE MATERIAL: These bands for apple watch are made of pure silica gel and soft elastomer, which can bring you a comfortable wearing experience.Dry,lightweight,flexible,Sweat & water resistant. make your wrist more breathable and comfortable. It is suitable for many occasions and is the best gift for family and friends.
- AFTER-SALE SERVICE :YAXIN replacement watch bands provides free replacement or refund within 12 months, please contact us at the first time for any problems, we will solve for you within 24 hours.
back to menu ↑
- Shock Resistant, 200-meter water resistance LED backlight (Super illuminator) Tough Solar powered system (solar-charging system), charging system compatible with dedicated cable (requires device with Type-A USB terminal). Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer, Compass
- GPS signal reception: Auto receive (with no mobile link function, time information, once/day); Manual receive (position information, time information), Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth )
- Wrist heart rate measurement (maximum measurement value: 220 bpm), Heart rate, target heart rate setting, heart rate zone graphic indication, heart rate graph, maximum heart rate, minimum heart rate
- Training Function: Display of DIST, speed, pace, and other calculated values based on GPS or accelerometer data, auto/manual lap times, Auto Pause, Auto Run Timing Start, target alert setting (time, altitude, calories burned) on/off, training display customization (elapsed time, distance, pace, lap time, lap DIST, lap pace, average pace, speed, average speed, calories burned, heart rate, average heart rate, road grade, elevation, cumulative ascent, cumulative descent, ascent pace, descent pace)
- Training Analysis, Training status, fitness level trend, training load trend, VO2MAX, recovery time, Training Data (Up to 100 runs, up to 140 lap times per run) Elapsed time, distance, pace, calories burned, heart rate, maximum heart rate, aerobic training effect, anaerobic training effect.
- Case Diameter: 55 Millimeters
- Barometric pressure tendency information alarm(beep and arrow indicates significant changes in pressure)
- Display range: -10 to -60 °C(14 to 140°F)
back to menu ↑
back to menu ↑
- Fit for performance with rugged, sophisticated design that features an always-on 1.2 inches sunlight-readable display with bezels in stainless steel, titanium or diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating
- Enhanced estimated wrist heart rate and Pulse Ox to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates
- Navigate the outdoors with preloaded TOPO maps, ski maps for over 2,000 worldwide ski resorts, multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Support for Garmin Pay contactless payments (not all countries payment networks are eligible), music storage with premium streaming service (may require subscription with third-party music provider) support, smart notifications and more
- Battery performance is up to 9 days in smart Watch mode, up to 6 hours in GPS and music mode, up to 20 days in expedition GPS activity mode, and up to 34 days in battery saver Watch mode, Water rating: 10 ATM
back to menu ↑
- NEVER CHARGE AGAIN - featuring MATRIX Industries' patented thermoelectric technology keeping your watch always charged using your body heat
- Smart watch features new and improved sensors that record Metrics such as calories, steps (pedometer), heart rate and sleep monitoring with a high degree of accuracy. Features activity tracking for indoor and outdoor running, cycling, CrossFit and HIIT
- Built-in smart watch GPS location tracking shows the routes and altitude of your workouts so you can track your progress with ease
- Receive Smart Notifications pushed right to your PowerWatch
- Your smart watch isn’t just waterproof it’s also water resistant up to 200 M (656 ft) made from aircraft-grade aluminum and sapphire glass
- Compatible with iPhone/Samsung/Galaxy/iPad/tablets The new and improved PowerWatch app makes tracking your progress effortless and intuitive. Also includes 3rd party app integration options, such as Apple Health Kit, Google Fit, Strava and more
back to menu ↑
Best Fitness Tracker for Crossfit – BUYER’S GUIDE
1 – Ease Of Use
We were actually surprised how many of the fitness trackers we tested were really difficult to navigate. It just seems like there are too many companies that don’t put effort into making their software user friendly.
The problem you end up with is that even a great feature list is completely lost if you cannot get the information quickly in the middle of a gym workout.
And this is even more important for CrossFit.
The high-intensity training, with little time between sets, doesn’t exactly give you the opportunity to click through multiple menus just to see your training data.
2 – Weight And Comfort
I remember having one of the early heart rate monitors with GPS built-in. I felt soo cool, but after a couple of trips to the gym, I just didn’t like the weight.
This doesn’t bother all people.
But I found this to be very distracting.
The good news is that technology has advanced a lot, and that has meant that fitness tracker devices have become much smaller which is great news for people with small wrists.
When you order online to get the best prices, you obviously can’t try the watch on. But we found that there are always people commenting in reviews about how comfortable they are to wear.
3 – Battery Life And Charging Time
When it comes to long battery life, you have to look past the headline advertising info. There’s not a single watch out there that would admit it doesn’t last long on each charging cycle.
A good range is about five days, but some of the smartwatches out there could be as low as a day.
Some of the best fitness trackers we found and listed in the top positions could last up to 14 days, which is damn good.
But it’s also important to look at the charging time.
When you’re tracking your recovery and sleep as well, you don’t want to lose the data you could be collecting because the watch is charging all night.
Ideally, you’d want to be able to fast charge in about 30 to 60 minutes .
4 – Types Of Activity
When fitness trackers first came out, the features they provided were simple step counting. Some were able to tell the difference between walking and running, but that was about it.
Today, technical features have become a lot more advanced, and motion tracking sensors should be able to tell the difference between running, swimming, and interval training.
And it all depends on the number of data entries a tracker has.
The fitness trackers for CrossFit that we recommend above have a minimum of 15 different types of activity pre-programmed.
Some of them go above 90, which may be suitable for serious CrossFit enthusiasts.
5 – Custom Routines
Not everyone can afford to join a gym, fitness club, or hire a fitness coach.
But you could still get some good digital training advice from some of the more advanced fitness trackers for CrossFit.
There are several apps that come with fitness trackers that work out your current performance and then recommend certain workouts to get you to your goals.
Alternatively, they allow you to pre-program your gym routine so that you don’t need to try and take notes on a piece of paper, whether you’re doing strength training, cardio, or flexibility.
These are some advanced features, but they might just push the right buttons for the tech-geeks who are reading this.
6 – Heart Rate Monitoring
The earliest fitness trackers I used with professional athletes were HR monitors. These tell you what your heart rate is in real-time, which indicates how hard you might be pushing your body.
I won’t go into the details of the different HR activity zones, but this is how professionals are able to adjust their performance levels to a precise training plan.
Using a chest strap is still common and seems to be the most accurate way to measure .
“Heart-rate training prevents you from running too hard on your easy or recovery runs, reducing the risk of fatigue and overtraining; it also helps you to recover.”
– Heather Mayer Irvine, Sports and fitness writer.
7 – GPS
A fitness tracker with GPS sounds like a pure gadget geeks dream.
And I’d have to admit that the location tracking won’t be important in a CrossFit gym or for simply tracking calories burned.
But if you tend to go running or cycling, and don’t like to carry a bulky phone or other devices, then why not let your watch track your distance and pace.
Imagine having a set running time or distance and being able to see how fast your pace has changed as your fitness levels improved.
8 – Water Resistance
It’s important to understand what water resistance and waterproof actually mean.
All gadgets, including fitness trackers, usually come with certifications that say they could withstand water splashes or use underwater .
Some certifications will say you could use it for diving up to 100 feet or more.
“Every single phone, watch, sport band, GPS device, portable speaker, or the like that bills itself as “waterproof” should really bill itself as “Water-resistant within the parameters specified by the manufacturer.”
– Jason Fitzpatrick, Editor in Chief of LifeSavvy
That’s great if you go swimming a lot, but it might not be an expense you need for CrossFit.
But, if you’re doing CrossFit right, then you should be getting to the end of a training session and be completely drenched in sweat.
Some of that sweat will splash onto your activity tracker. That’s why it should be at least splash-proof so that you don’t end up frying it after one trip to the gym.
9 – Recovery And Sleep Tracking
A lot of people just think of sleep tracking as timing the amount of time you’re in bed at night.
But it’s just as much about sleep quality , which could be a much better indicator of how well your body might recover from high intensity workouts.
“For adults, good quality sleep means that you typically fall asleep in 30 minutes or less, sleep soundly through the night with no more than one awakening, and drift back to sleep within 20 minutes if you do wake up.”
– National Sleep Foundation
This is something that some of the advanced gadgets we recommend will do pretty well. By wearing your fitness tracker to bed, it may be able to monitor your sleep cycles and determine how much rest you got.
This information could be valuable to figure out how much you might want to push yourself the next day.
10 – Connectivity With Smartphones
Most of the fitness tracker recommendations above are compatible with apps on different mobile platforms. The main exception is the Apple Watch.
There simply isn’t any way to sync it up with an app on an Android phone, but that might not be a problem if you’re one of the millions of iPhone lovers.
But, if you tend to switch between different platforms and prefer the flexibility of connecting to different apps, then it’s best to stick with a device that has apps for all platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Crossfit Athletes Wear Watches?
Yes, many CrossFit athletes wear watches to keep track of their interval timing as well as activity. With some of the advanced activity trackers, you would be able to get detailed data about your performance in each session.
Does Apple Watch Track Crossfit?
Yes, Apple Watch can track CrossFit activity as long as you set it up with the right apps. Because CrossFit involves so many different disciplines and movements, it may become challenging to accurately summarize the data.
Does a Heart Rate Monitor Help With Crossfit?
Yes, a heart rate monitor may help with CrossFit as it could allow you to target the right intensity levels. Keep in mind, though, that a chest strap might get in the way or become uncomfortable. It’s better to use a watch or strap on your arm.
If you are currently undergoing some form of customized fitness exercise schedule, with a huge emphasis placed on a Crossfit fitness regimen, then you will need a tracker to keep you abreast of developments relating to your exercises. One of the products listed below could be the exact tracker you need.