Best Fitness Tracker for Mountain Biking – Well, there you have it! Our review of the best watch for mountain biking in the market.
If you’re still confused about which option to choose, we highly recommend Garmin Fenix 5 watch.
It’s the best sport watch for mountain biking thanks to its lightweight design, all the apps that you can choose from, and it even comes with a GPS. It’s just that great.
Whether you are an into road biking or single-track mountain biking, having a watch with built-in cycling features ora smartwatch with compatible biking activity tracking apps can make your ride much more enjoyable.
Being able to access GPS or track your heart rate right on your wrist while your bike gives you added convenience that a handlebar-mounted biking computer cannot provide.
Pros & Cons
- The lightweight multisport smartwatch with full aluminium body (only 52g), equipped with advanced wrist-based HR tracking, GPS, ultra-long battery life, running & cycling performance tests, FuelWise, route guidance, sleep tracking, & more.
- The training load and recovery tracking tools help you optimize your training and avoid overtraining. Test your performance and personalize your heart rate, speed and power zones with the running and cycling performance tests.
- Use Polar Vantage V2 with Polar Flow - a free online tool for planning and following up on your workouts, analyzing activity progress and sleep. Available on desktop and mobile.
- Connect easily with online sports communities for road running, swimming, cycling, cardio, triathlon (MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, Nike+ Run Club, Strava, TrainingPeaks, Adidas Running by Runtastic etc.)
- Polar Vantage V2 comes with the essential smart watch features: music controls, weather and phone notifications.
Polar’s Vantage V was one of the strongest multi-sport options on the market. Launched in 2018, the lightweight and good-looking watch was equipped to track all kinds of activities, as well as offering a range of training load and recovery insights to guide your exercise schedule.
Now the Vantage V has a successor: more evolution than revolution, the Vantage V2 retains the familiar form of the original while improving on several key aspects of its multi-sport skills. Re-crafted in aluminum to shave 14g off the weight, the second-gen sports watch is more waterproof than before, features several fresh faces and can control music on your mobile.
Pros & Cons
- Start dynamic, personalized workouts on your wrist with step by step coaching. Synchronizing range: up to 30 feet. Certain features like smartphone notifications may require android 5.0 plus. Syncs with Mac OS x 10.6 and up, iPhone 4s and later, iPad 3 Jan. And later, android 4.4 and later and windows 10 devices
- Store and play 300 plus songs, and download playlists from Pandora. If the band sizes are small, it fits a wrist of circumference 5.5 6.5 inches and if the band size is large, it fits a wrist in circumference of 6.7 8.1 inches
- Use built in GPs to track pace, distance & routes and get pure, pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real time zones
- The package includes both large and small size bands for the perfect, comfortable fit for all day & all night wear
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and make payments on the go with a built in NFC chip. Durable screen corning gorilla glass 3 is tough and damage resistant
- Track runs, swims, rides, workouts, all day activity and sleep with 4 plus day battery life (varies with use & other factors)
- Increased pixels & amplified brightness up to 1000 nits, operating temperature: 4 degree to 113 degree fahrenheit, maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
- Heart rate monitors USA and clever training. Fitbit does not guarantee the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers on amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty and replacement from Fitbit
- The minimum and maximum circumference range between 140 to 206 millimeters; screen size: 1.15" x 0.83"; width: 1.42" diagonal; pebble: 1.46” x 1.86” x 0.48”
If you own a Fitbit Ionic, nspire HR, Charge 3, Charge 4, Versa, Versa 2, or Versa Lite, you can enroll in Fitbit’s new heart study, and the company will notify you if your device detects an irregular heart rhythm that indicates AFib. Fitbit will also connect you with a doctor for a free consultation.
The Fitbit Heart Study, open to U.S. residents 22 years or older, is being conducted to determine how accurate its devices are in detecting atrial fibrillation, as the first step to receiving FDA approval. Here’s how to sign up for the Fitbit Heart Study.
Pros & Cons
- Designed for fast and light mountain athletes with route navigation and checkpoint features supported with 30 days of regular battery life and 35 hours in full GPS mode
- Built-in running power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters
- Featuring running, cycling, swimming, cardio, strength, and water sports modes with ongoing support and updates.
- Built with a Grade 5 titanium alloy bezel and a sapphire glass screen and includes optical heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope and thermometer with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep, step, and calorie tracking
The Coros Apex is a serious sports watch that’s built for data buffs. Working on increasing your cadence? Want to check your training load for the week? It’s all there, at your fingertips.
The Apex isn’t intended to compete with an Apple Watch or Samsung Galaxy Watch for space on your wrist; this is a watch designed specifically for running. cycling and swimming. You won’t find any kind of payment system, Spotify connectivity or third-party apps here.
Pros & Cons
- 45 Days Battery Life: Equipped with a lithium polymer battery with a 190mAh charge, you can use the Amazfit Bip up to 30 days on a single 2.5-hour charge
- Lightweight and Thin: Amazfit Bip only weight about 32g with the watch band and is 11.5mm in thick. The Bip can be worn all day
- Health Tracking: Optical heart rate monitoring and built-in GPS allow you to accurately track in real-time your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and quality of sleep
- Multisport Tracking: Outdoor running, Indoor running, Outdoor cycling, Walking
- Receive Messages, Call & APP Notifications: Receive notifications for incoming phone calls, SMS messages, emails, and other apps such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, and other mobile apps right on the color touch display of your Amazfit Bip
The Bip S is the third variant of the(along with the Amazfit Bip Lite). Created by Chinese company Huami in 2018, the original Bip was a fan favorite from the get-go. It did the basic smartwatch tasks for much less than competitors, and it lasted up to 45 days on a single charge. , calling it one of the best low-key smartwatches around.
The Bip S has better fitness features and a slightly better screen than its predecessor, but it hasn’t changed much in the last two years. And while it’s still one of the best deals out there, it lags a bit behind others, like the Apple Watch or Galaxy Watch, when it comes to features and connectivity.
Pros & Cons
- ★【 Non Bluetooth Pedometer Watch】- If you are looking for a device that can show you the time/date, being waterproof, and give you an exact idea of how much exercise you get everyday, but don't want it needed to be connected to a smartphone, Willful 308 pedometer watch is just the right one for you.
- ★【 Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Accurately track your all-day steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and sleep quality. This tracker can help you stay active and stay healthy.
- ★【 Easy to Set up and Use】- As this watch don't need an app and a phone, you can enter your personal information (age, height, weight, gender) in the watch to get your accurate exercise data.The setting is very easy.
- ★【 Gift for Parents and Kids】- If you want your family members to become active and take some exercise, you can give this tracker as a gift to them, especially the elders and kids who don't use a smartphone. (The specific size of our band: width, 0.63 inches, the length can fit the wrist of 5.9-8.7 inches)
- ★【 Long Battery Life】- This watch has a built-in usb charging plug, you can remove the bands and charge it with any usb port. One full charge (2 hours) can support 7 days working time. Tips: Please charge it in time before it runs out of the battery, so you don't need to set it up each time.
Design wise the Willful Fitness Tracker SW352 goes for a slimline, narrow rectangular look. This means that it wouldn’t look out of place on your wrist at work.
Available in 6 colors and there is a single button to control the functionality. that wouldn’t look out of a place on your wrist at work.
The straps are interchangeable and extend from 5.5 to 8.3 inches by 0.59 inches wide so should suit most shapes and sizes of wrist.
Best Fitness Tracker for Mountain Biking – BUYER’S GUIDE
Smartwatch screens are pretty small so yours should at least have a decent user interface that’s easy to use, especially if you have large fingers.
Also, make sure that you’ll be able to use the screen even if the watch gets wet due to rain or whatever.
The screen of your smartwatch should ideally be constructed from rugged materials like mineral glass.
Paired with silicone straps, this makes for a very comfortable combination.
Another important feature to look out for is the battery life. A lot of the best models have super long battery life of up to 7 days straight.
The most important thing is to ensure that your watch is compatible with your lifestyle. So, if you’re going to go mountain biking for a time, then you should make sure that your pick can stand up to those requirements.
The real test of a watch’s battery life is its ability to stay on longer when certain features are switched off as opposed to when they’re still on.
Make sure that your watch screen is easy to read so that you can get the most out of all that data it’s cranking out. Size isn’t the issue here. The most important thing is the interface itself.
It should be easy to use and read regardless of the weather conditions. That means that you should be able to read it even under sun glare.
As a mountain biker, it’s important to ensure that your smartwatch has a GPS tracker that you can rely on to track and maintain your location so long as the battery lasts.
You could also look out for the breadcrumb navigation feature which allows you to track your route and location all the way from beginning to end.
The best GPS watch for mountain biking is often marked by comfort. These watches are often made from materials like silicone or rubber.
But, leather and fabric band models are also available for the style-conscious. The most important thing is to make sure that the material you use is comfortable.
This means that the band itself should always be breathable and easy to wear no matter the conditions.
You should also make sure that the watch you choose is water-resistant so that it won’t fail you the moment you come across a little bit of rainwater.
The good news is that most of the watches on our list are water-resistant for up to 100 feet which is quite impressive.
Anything that offers less than that is simply not worth the money.
The optical heart rate sensor is a given feature at this point, especially if you’re going to use your smartwatch in outdoor conditions.
Of course, there are some discrepancies in information because this is a wristwatch.
Some models aren’t as accurate in their readings when not tightly worn, and that’s something you want to keep in mind when choosing your watch.
You want to be able to view notifications like messages and calls straight from your watch screen, and whenever you feel like it too.
The last thing you need is a smartwatch that beeps every time you receive a notification, interrupting your riding session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple Watch the Best Mountain Bike Watch?
Yes, the Apple Watch is perfect for mountain biking. It comes with a variety of beneficial health and navigation features.
Plus, it’s known for its durability. This is one of those rugged watches that look stylish but can handle every condition thrown at it.
Of course, if you prefer to invest in another type of watch, then go ahead. There are plenty of watches that can do a better job.
While hard-core cyclists may still prefer the robust features of a mounted bike computer, for triathletes and other active multi-sport athletes, a smartwatch takes the top spot for versatility and added body metrics. Some watches can track heart rate, sleep while some newer watch models even measure Vo2 max and optimal recovery time.