Best Fitness Tracker for Mountain Biking – Well, there you have it! Our review of the best watch for mountain biking in the market.
If you’re still confused about which option to choose, we highly recommend Garmin Fenix 5 watch.
It’s the best sport watch for mountain biking thanks to its lightweight design, all the apps that you can choose from, and it even comes with a GPS. It’s just that great.
Whether you are an into road biking or single-track mountain biking, having a watch with built-in cycling features ora smartwatch with compatible biking activity tracking apps can make your ride much more enjoyable.
Being able to access GPS or track your heart rate right on your wrist while your bike gives you added convenience that a handlebar-mounted biking computer cannot provide.back to menu ↑
- The lightweight multisport smartwatch with full aluminium body (only 52g), equipped with advanced wrist-based HR tracking, GPS, ultra-long battery life, running & cycling performance tests, FuelWise, route guidance, sleep tracking, & more.
- The training load and recovery tracking tools help you optimize your training and avoid overtraining. Test your performance and personalize your heart rate, speed and power zones with the running and cycling performance tests.
- Use Polar Vantage V2 with Polar Flow - a free online tool for planning and following up on your workouts, analyzing activity progress and sleep. Available on desktop and mobile.
- Connect easily with online sports communities for road running, swimming, cycling, cardio, triathlon (MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, Nike+ Run Club, Strava, TrainingPeaks, Adidas Running by Runtastic etc.)
- Polar Vantage V2 comes with the essential smart watch features: music controls, weather and phone notifications.
back to menu ↑
- Start dynamic, personalized workouts on your wrist with step by step coaching. Synchronizing range: up to 30 feet. Certain features like smartphone notifications may require android 5.0 plus. Syncs with Mac OS x 10.6 and up, iPhone 4s and later, iPad 3 Jan. And later, android 4.4 and later and windows 10 devices
- Store and play 300 plus songs, and download playlists from Pandora. If the band sizes are small, it fits a wrist of circumference 5.5 6.5 inches and if the band size is large, it fits a wrist in circumference of 6.7 8.1 inches
- Use built in GPs to track pace, distance & routes and get pure, pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real time zones
- The package includes both large and small size bands for the perfect, comfortable fit for all day & all night wear
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and make payments on the go with a built in NFC chip. Durable screen corning gorilla glass 3 is tough and damage resistant
- Track runs, swims, rides, workouts, all day activity and sleep with 4 plus day battery life (varies with use & other factors)
- Increased pixels & amplified brightness up to 1000 nits, operating temperature: 4 degree to 113 degree fahrenheit, maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
- Heart rate monitors USA and clever training. Fitbit does not guarantee the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers on amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty and replacement from Fitbit
- The minimum and maximum circumference range between 140 to 206 millimeters; screen size: 1.15" x 0.83"; width: 1.42" diagonal; pebble: 1.46” x 1.86” x 0.48”
back to menu ↑
- Designed for fast and light mountain athletes with route navigation and checkpoint features supported with 30 days of regular battery life and 35 hours in full GPS mode
- Built-in running power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters
- Featuring running, cycling, swimming, cardio, strength, and water sports modes with ongoing support and updates.
- Built with a Grade 5 titanium alloy bezel and a sapphire glass screen and includes optical heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope and thermometer with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep, step, and calorie tracking
back to menu ↑
- 45 Days Battery Life: Equipped with a lithium polymer battery with a 190mAh charge, you can use the Amazfit Bip up to 30 days on a single 2.5-hour charge
- Lightweight and Thin: Amazfit Bip only weight about 32g with the watch band and is 11.5mm in thick. The Bip can be worn all day
- Health Tracking: Optical heart rate monitoring and built-in GPS allow you to accurately track in real-time your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and quality of sleep
- Multisport Tracking: Outdoor running, Indoor running, Outdoor cycling, Walking
- Receive Messages, Call & APP Notifications: Receive notifications for incoming phone calls, SMS messages, emails, and other apps such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, and other mobile apps right on the color touch display of your Amazfit Bip
back to menu ↑
- ★【 Non Bluetooth Pedometer Watch】- If you are looking for a device that can show you the time/date, being waterproof, and give you an exact idea of how much exercise you get everyday, but don't want it needed to be connected to a smartphone, Willful 308 pedometer watch is just the right one for you.
- ★【 Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Accurately track your all-day steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and sleep quality. This tracker can help you stay active and stay healthy.
- ★【 Easy to Set up and Use】- As this watch don't need an app and a phone, you can enter your personal information (age, height, weight, gender) in the watch to get your accurate exercise data.The setting is very easy.
- ★【 Gift for Parents and Kids】- If you want your family members to become active and take some exercise, you can give this tracker as a gift to them, especially the elders and kids who don't use a smartphone. (The specific size of our band: width, 0.63 inches, the length can fit the wrist of 5.9-8.7 inches)
- ★【 Long Battery Life】- This watch has a built-in usb charging plug, you can remove the bands and charge it with any usb port. One full charge (2 hours) can support 7 days working time. Tips: Please charge it in time before it runs out of the battery, so you don't need to set it up each time.
back to menu ↑
- Download, pair, configure and ride! Wahoo's free ELEMNT Companion App automates pairing and manages the configuration process for fast, frustration free setup.
- Automatic route downloads and uploads with compatible third party apps: Strava, Ride With GPS, Best Bike Split, Komoot, Singletracks, MTB Project
- Package includes: Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, Integrated Aero Out-Front mount, stem mount, and charging cable.
- Build a route and get pop-up and LED turn-by-turn notifications on screen so you never miss a turn. Battery Life - 15 hours. Waterproof Rating - IPX7 (waterproof up to 5 ft). Supported Satellites - GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU Galileo, and QZSS
- Fully integrates with Strava Live Segments to give you accurate progress status and the Final Push to beat your goals.
back to menu ↑
- DAY & OVERNIGHT HEART RATE - Enjoy heart rate tracking day & night plus continuous tracking during workouts.
- DAILY ACTIVITY TRACKING - Automatically counts steps, calories and distance.
- AUTOMATIC SLEEP MONITORING - Wake to a Sleep Score based on light & deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth & regularity.
- MULTISPORT TRACKING - Tracks 30+ sports and maps your session with distance, elevation and pace via connected GPS.
- RECORD BATTERY LIFE - Spend more time moving and less time charging with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 25 days.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Customize call, text, event & app notifications from your smartphone right on the watch screen.
- WATER RESISTANT TO 50M - Steel HR is a life-friendly hybrid smartwatch that can accompany you to the pool or hit the showers.
- AUTOMATIC DATA SYNC - Steel HR seamlessly syncs with the free Health Mate app via Bluetooth. Works with Alexa, Apple Heath, Google Fit, Strava and 100+ top health & fitness apps.
- SWAPPABLE WRISTBANDS - If you have multiple bands, it's easy to change them in seconds to wear Steel HR your way: leather, silicone or metal.
- Withings products on Amazon must be “ships from and sold by” Amazon or Withings to be eligible for warranty/replacement by Withings.
back to menu ↑
- Optical heart rate monitor - continuous, accurate heart rate without a chest strap via a 6 LED optical sensor
- Integrated GPS - running watch tracks speed, distance, pace and routes. Display resolution: 128 x 128
- 24/7 activity tracking - Track your daily activity, including steps, calories and sleep with the guidance to help you reach your activity goal
- Vibration alerts - be alerted with vibrating notifications of incoming calls, messages or during training and periods of inactivity
- Rechargeable Battery - three different GPS watch recording options to choose from allow for 8 hours to nearly 30 hours of training time. Rechargeable 240 mAh lithium polymer battery
- Combining a best-in-class GPS watch with advanced running metrics and the freedom of optical heart rate technology, the Polar M430 stands as our flagship running product. With a personalized running program to support your goals for the season and enhance
- Resolution: 128 X 128; Water Resistance: WR30. Connectivity-Custom USB cable for data sync with PC or Mac. Bluetooth Low Energy with mobile and sensors
back to menu ↑
- GPS running watch with wrist based heart rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Customize your watch and your training, larger screen a 44 percentage larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size
- Audio Prompts: Receive Audio Prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times. Smartwatch mode: Up to 9 days. Gps mode: Up to 11 hours
- Smart notifications: See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone. Display size: 1.23 inch diameter
- Battery life 11 hours training, 9 days watch, activity tracking, notifications + heart rate. Refer user manual below
back to menu ↑
- SUUNTO Ambit3 peak delivers stable and accurate altitude and weather information with full navigation in a robust casting
- Includes built in altimeter, barometer, compass and GPS with 100 meter water resistance
- One of the most competitive battery hours in the market, 200 hours with 1 minute accuracy. Case material: Polyamide
- Connect Ambit3 peak to your smartphone for syncing your activities, customizing on the go and seeing calls and notifications on the watch
- Add Photos in movement and create a SUUNTO Movie with the highlights of your adventure to share with your friends
back to menu ↑
Best Fitness Tracker for Mountain Biking – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Smartwatch screens are pretty small so yours should at least have a decent user interface that’s easy to use, especially if you have large fingers.
Also, make sure that you’ll be able to use the screen even if the watch gets wet due to rain or whatever.back to menu ↑
The screen of your smartwatch should ideally be constructed from rugged materials like mineral glass.
Paired with silicone straps, this makes for a very comfortable combination.back to menu ↑
Another important feature to look out for is the battery life. A lot of the best models have super long battery life of up to 7 days straight.
The most important thing is to ensure that your watch is compatible with your lifestyle. So, if you’re going to go mountain biking for a time, then you should make sure that your pick can stand up to those requirements.
The real test of a watch’s battery life is its ability to stay on longer when certain features are switched off as opposed to when they’re still on.back to menu ↑
Make sure that your watch screen is easy to read so that you can get the most out of all that data it’s cranking out. Size isn’t the issue here. The most important thing is the interface itself.
It should be easy to use and read regardless of the weather conditions. That means that you should be able to read it even under sun glare.back to menu ↑
As a mountain biker, it’s important to ensure that your smartwatch has a GPS tracker that you can rely on to track and maintain your location so long as the battery lasts.
You could also look out for the breadcrumb navigation feature which allows you to track your route and location all the way from beginning to end.back to menu ↑
The best GPS watch for mountain biking is often marked by comfort. These watches are often made from materials like silicone or rubber.
But, leather and fabric band models are also available for the style-conscious. The most important thing is to make sure that the material you use is comfortable.
This means that the band itself should always be breathable and easy to wear no matter the conditions.back to menu ↑
You should also make sure that the watch you choose is water-resistant so that it won’t fail you the moment you come across a little bit of rainwater.
The good news is that most of the watches on our list are water-resistant for up to 100 feet which is quite impressive.
Anything that offers less than that is simply not worth the money.back to menu ↑
The optical heart rate sensor is a given feature at this point, especially if you’re going to use your smartwatch in outdoor conditions.
Of course, there are some discrepancies in information because this is a wristwatch.
Some models aren’t as accurate in their readings when not tightly worn, and that’s something you want to keep in mind when choosing your watch.back to menu ↑
You want to be able to view notifications like messages and calls straight from your watch screen, and whenever you feel like it too.
The last thing you need is a smartwatch that beeps every time you receive a notification, interrupting your riding session.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Is Apple Watch the Best Mountain Bike Watch?
Yes, the Apple Watch is perfect for mountain biking. It comes with a variety of beneficial health and navigation features.
Plus, it’s known for its durability. This is one of those rugged watches that look stylish but can handle every condition thrown at it.
Of course, if you prefer to invest in another type of watch, then go ahead. There are plenty of watches that can do a better job.back to menu ↑
While hard-core cyclists may still prefer the robust features of a mounted bike computer, for triathletes and other active multi-sport athletes, a smartwatch takes the top spot for versatility and added body metrics. Some watches can track heart rate, sleep while some newer watch models even measure Vo2 max and optimal recovery time.