Best Fitness Tracker for Strength Training – We understand the need to make the most out of your weight training routine. One of the best ways to optimize your workouts is with a fitness tracker that possesses the ability to recognize your strength training workout, count your reps, and give you the metrics you need to get the most out of your workouts and improve your strength over time.
We tried to be as exhaustive as possible in putting this together but if you know of one that is great at tracking your weights sessions drop us a line and we will look to include it.
A debate over the best fitness trackers usually ends up with most of our team favoring the Garmin 935. If you do a lot of strength training and exercise routines, then you need technology that is precise more than anything.
The Garmin Forerunner fills that need very well, and there are tons of apps that would support the different exercises you do.back to menu ↑
- 【Excellent Ergonomic Design】Large Color-Screen : The beauty in all in view. Using a 1.3 inch IPS HD full color-screen, high contrast & wide gamut bring a pleasant experience of high definition image.; Skin Friendly and lithe comfortable material.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking】Record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep quality, you can get the completely report in the APP.
- 【Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Sleep Monitor 】Tracks real-time heart rate and Blood Pressure automatically & continuously, also you could get completely report in the App. Automatically tracks your sleep quality, helping you analysis of sleep quality data and improve your habits and customs.
- 【Other Powerful Multiple Features】Sport Modes , Sleep Monitor, Step Counter, Calorie Counter, Call Alert(Hang up), Turn wrist take photos, Alarm , Sedentary Alert, SMS&SNS Alert ; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route.
- 【Important Note】Please connect with smartphone via the App ”H Band” not Bluetooth ;Please keep your wrist stable when testing blood pressure; Sleeping Data updated every 24 hours, please don’t think it doesn’t work when you get up.Alarm , Sedentary Alert, SMS&SNS Alert feature need to set up in the App, tap"Mine"-> "V2"->begin set up; Please set "H Band" auto run in the App management if meet connect problem in Android smartphone, authorize ” H Band” and turn on all switches in App permission
back to menu ↑
- Personalized Heart Rate Training – workout efficiently – track and capture real-time heart rate, training zones and calories burned on your smartphone or tablet with compatible training apps.
- Integrated with Bluetooth and ANT+, TICKR connects to smartphones, tablets, GPS watches and bike computers by Wahoo, Polar, Garmin, Apple and more.
- Works with 50+ Smartphone Apps including Wahoo Fitness, Zwift, Runtastic, Runkeeper, UA Record, Endomondo, Peloton, Map My Run, Komoot and Nike Run Club
- Record workout data with the Wahoo Fitness app and automatically upload data to your favorite training platform like Strava.
- Choice of Champions - Official Heart Rate monitor of Team INEOS, Bora-Hansgrohe, Katusha Alpecin, Ironman World Champion Jan Frodeno, Heather Jackson and American Pro Mountain Biker Sonya Looney
back to menu ↑
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night; also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists, plus store and play 300 plus songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24x7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed. Syncing range - up to 6.1 meters
- Works around the clock with 6 plus day battery life (varies with use and other factors)
- Get a call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby; plus send quick replies and a voice replies on android only. Works with Bluetooth headphones & 200 plus leading iOS and Android devices.
back to menu ↑
- Reach your goals faster with science backed guidance for all of your exercises
- Lose the chest strap and maximize training with validated wrist-based heart rate monitoring
- Adaptive Motion Tracking technology auto-detects every exercise and repetition
- Swim, shower, sweat. 3ATM / 30m water resistance gives you peace of mind; Guided Fitness coaches and tracks you through CrossFit, HIIT, Swimming, and more
back to menu ↑
- COMFORT: Polar Verity Sense keeps your wrist free for maximum comfort and freedom of movement. Just slip it on your upper or lower arm, clip it on your swimming goggles or place it snug and firm against your skin under tight-fitting clothing.
- CONVENIENCE: With only one button, using Polar Verity Sense couldn't be easier. Just switch it on and put it on your arm or temple and you’re ready to start your workout right away.
- CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth and ANT+ guarantee a large variety of devices that you can connect Polar Verity Sense with. You can have two simultaneous Bluetooth connections.
- VERSATILITY: Polar Verity Sense suits countless different sports. You can either follow your heart rate in real time on a connected device or app or record your session and transfer your data to your phone afterwards.
- SWIMMER'S BEST COMPANION: Conveniently in its swimming goggle strap clip against your temple, Polar Verity Sense tracks your heart rate, distance and pace automatically in the pool.
back to menu ↑
- The lightest GPS watch on the market at its launch – from 29g with the new COROS Nylon band with battery life of 20 days of regular use, 30 hours in full GPS mode
- Interval, structured, triathlon and strength training modes with training programs and plans created by COROS athletes and coaches available free on COROS.com
- Built-in running power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters
- Featuring running, cycling, swimming, cardio, strength, and water sports modes with ongoing support and updates.
- Includes optical heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope and thermometer with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep, step, and calorie tracking
back to menu ↑
- Upgraded Premium Design- Stylish and functional design with knurled stainless-steel bezel, Corning? Gorilla? 3 anti-finger print cover glass and water resistant speaker. US Military Standard 810G certified durability. Lightweight Silicone strap.
- Long Battery Life- Dual-layered ALOMED/LCD screens and two display mode options, Smart Mode will get you 2 days battery life, up to 5 days if Auto Switch to Essential Mode (LCD display only) is turned on. Up to 18 hours of battery life on cellular usage.
- Cellular Connectivity for Verizon Phone Plan Users- Instant calls and texts, cloud sync notifications, music streaming, remote smart home controls, emergency SOS auto-dial. Customers can activate the 4G/LTE feature via My Verizon app and Verizon website.
- Swim-ready Fitness Companion- IP68 waterproof and pool swimming suitable, 6 smart sports modes, GPS built-in. TicPulse technology empowers 24hr heart rate monitoring with abnormal heart rate warning. TicMotion technology proactively detects your motion and tracks running, fast walking and swimming activities.
- Smart Sleep Tracking- Download TicSleep app on the watch and check your sleep progress via Mobvoi App on the phone.
back to menu ↑
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy to read display
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels during the night with the wrist based Pulse Ox sensor. (Not a medical device and not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Fitness and health monitoring tools include estimated wrist based heart rate, all day stress tracking, Relaxation breathing timer, Vo2 Max, body battery energy monitor and more
- Features dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims and others; Lens material: Polycarbonate. Strap material: Silicone
- Get vibration alerts for All notifications, including calls, text messages and more (text replies available for Android device users). Display resolution: 48 x 128 pixels
- Battery life keeps up with you; Lasts up to 7 days (excluding pulse ox sleep tracking) and is safe for swimming and showering, too
- Connect to your compatible smartphone’s GPS so you can get accurate tracking during outdoor walks and runs
back to menu ↑
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
back to menu ↑
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitor: Lintelek fitness tracker monitors your heart rate all day. It tracks your sleep (awake sleep, deep sleep, awake time)at night.
- All-day Activity Tracker: The fitness tracker can track your daily steps, calorie consumed, workout distance and time. You can see detailed data on Veryfitpro APP.
- 14 Sport Modes: It has 14 sports modes to track the corresponding exercise. It will record your workout time, heart rate and distance. With connected GPS, it can record your workout route.
- Call and Message Notification: You can get call,SMS messages and SNS notifications directly on your wrist(including Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram).
- USB Charge: Remove the band then plug on USB port to charge the fitness tracker. This fitness watch can be used for up to 7 days after fully charged.
back to menu ↑
Best Fitness Tracker for Strength Training – BUYER’S GUIDE
Range Of Activities Tracked
Fitness trackers have come a long way since the days where they just counted your steps.
There are some devices that should be able to track dozens of unique workouts, including things like yoga and pilates.
If you tend to do multiple sports, running, and workout classes, then try getting a device like a crossfit fitness watch that could track as many exercises as possible .
2 – Display And Strap Size
Some people like to have a fitness device with all the smart features possible.
While technology has made this possible, these products still tend to be a bit bigger.
We generally advise avoiding a larger device, as it could get in the way of strength and endurance training.
3 – Heart Rate Monitor
The good news is that wrist-based heart rate monitoring has become a lot more reliable.
“Another way to gauge your exercise intensity is to see how hard your heart is beating during physical activity. To use this method, you first have to figure out your maximum heart rate — the upper limit of what your cardiovascular system can handle during physical activity.”
Most of the above fitness trackers should give you real-time information, which you could use to adjust what intensity and heart zone you target .
4 – GPS
Fitness trackers with GPS started off as a pure gimmick as they were pretty unreliable .
However, if you do a lot of running or cycling, then modern technology could help you keep better track of your pace and distance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Fitness Trackers Work for Weightlifting?
No, fitness trackers don’t work for weightlifting in the sense that they would automatically record the amount and types of moves you make. But they may still work to tell you how intense your workout was, based on your heart rate.
Are Fitbits Good for Weightlifting?
Yes, most Fitbits are good for weightlifting, especially if they have a built-in HR monitor. The small size of the activity tracker is what many bodybuilders favor as it doesn’t tend to get in the way during workouts.
There are a ton of fitness trackers out there that offer all kinds of high-tech health and fitness monitoring. We scoured our resources and searched high and low to create this list of trackers with weight training specifically in mind. Check out our favorite fitness trackers for weight training and why they’ll help you get the most out of every rep.