Best Fitness Tracker for Teenager – Kids have the kind of energy adults could only dream of having, and they spend their days being active just for the fun of it. You might not think that a kid needs to track and monitor their health and activity, but we still live in a relatively sedentary society, so inspiring motivation to move around is still important to instill at a young age.
Fortunately, there are several fitness trackers for kids that are made specifically with children in mind. This means that they’re not focused on weight loss, but on forming good habits and leading an active lifestyle instead.
Pros & Cons
- Xiaomi Mi Band 5, Bigger Dynamic Color Screen: The Screen Of Mi Band 5 Is Increased By 20%, 1.1" Amoled Screen . 100+ Watchfaces
- More Convenient Magnetic Charging: The Charging Interface Has Been Changed To The Below Of Heart Rate Sensor, And Two Contact Points Design, Just Charge At A Touch, No More Frequent Disassembling The Mi Dial
- Upgraded Professional Sensor: An Upgraded Version Of The Chip, More Accurate Health Monitoring
- Support 11 Professional Sports Modes: Outdoor Running, Walking, Cycling, Indoor Running, Swimming Pool, Exercise, Indoor Cycling, Elliptical Machine, Skipping Rope, Yoga, Rowing Machine
The Mi 11 is neither Pro nor Ultra. And it’s not a flagship killer either, there are other devices in the company’s ever-growing stable that cover that niche much better. The Mi 11 is the ‘vanilla’ model in the family, but looking at it like that doesn’t really do it justice. At least that’s what we think after having used it for an extended period of time for this long-term review.
Spoiler alert: it’s more (read:better) than you may expect, and it positively surprised us a lot while we were using it. But we can’t deny the fact that, price-wise, it sits in a weird middle ground, sandwiched in between flagship killers and top-of-the-line premium devices.
Pros & Cons
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy to read display
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels during the night with the wrist based Pulse Ox sensor. (Not a medical device and not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Fitness and health monitoring tools include estimated wrist based heart rate, all day stress tracking, Relaxation breathing timer, Vo2 Max, body battery energy monitor and more
- Features dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims and others; Lens material: Polycarbonate. Strap material: Silicone. Compatible Devices VIRB Ultra 30 , VIRB XVIRB X and VIRB XEVIRB XE
- Get vibration alerts for All notifications, including calls, text messages and more (text replies available for Android device users). Display resolution: 48 x 128 pixels
- Battery life keeps up with you; Lasts up to 7 days (excluding pulse ox sleep tracking) and is safe for swimming and showering, too
- Connect to your compatible smartphone’s GPS so you can get accurate tracking during outdoor walks and runs
- Small/medium Band: 15 x 10.5 x 197 mm. Fits wrists with a circumference of 122-188 mm
The Vivosmart 4 closely resembles the Fitbit Alta HR in both look and feel. Its strap is made of silicone and comes in small/medium or large. The small/medium measures 0.4 by 7.7 by 0.6 inches (HWD), while the large is slightly longer at 9.2 inches. In the center, you’ll find an oblong OLED touch display, bordered by an aluminum bezel.
The main difference between the Alta HR and Vivosmart 4 is versatility. You can change the Alta HR’s band for a different look, but you don’t have the luxury with the Vivosmart 4. You have to make a more concerted decision about which color you want prior to purchase.
Pros & Cons
- Fitness Watch for Women Men: If you want an all-in-one watch and don’t want to wear a bulky one, DoSmarter fitness watch could be the choice for you. It is designed to keep track of your health and exercise. It track your daily steps, calorie consumed, distance, monitor continuous heart rate and blood pressure, record the duration of exercising and sleeping. Easy to use, additional user guide helps you get fitness watch started quickly. It is made for everyone, suitable for different age users.
- Tracks All of Your Daily Activity: With a DoSmarter fitness watch on your wrist, you can see calories burned, steps, distance walked, active minutes. It help you built a fitness goal to have a detailed of your health and fitness data. Keep you active and give you the motivation to get moving every day.10 sport options to customize how you track your fitness and provides a better training experience: real-time tracking of heart rate reduces the risk of exercise.
- Protect & Monitor Your Health Always: Real-time monitors heart rate and blood pressure with full analysis in the APP. Give you a better idea of your overall health. Automatically recording your sleep and providing you with sleep duration, hours of deep sleep and light sleep, wake-up times. Help you to better understand your physical state and adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle.
- Multifunctional Smart Reminder: Smartwatch will give you vibration notifications of the incoming call, message and SNS from social media software. So even when you are having physical training or meeting you will never miss the important things. Setting alarms with 21 optional themes, sedentary alert can silently remind you to wake up, take medicine or do some exercise.
- Fit for the Water Activities: With its IP68 waterproof design, made from water and sweat resistant materials so you can wear it to all-weather workouts, enjoying the freedom of any water related exercises. Note: Electronic watch can not be used during hot baths and saunas.
Based on online research and 5 DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker reviews, DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker’s overall score is 4.1 out of 5 stars. DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker’s review score is based on DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker’s customer ratings, its popularity (based on online search activity), its price competitiveness, as well as its features and performance.
The DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker review table below incorporates summarizes 5 DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker ratings on 29 features such as step count accuracy, sleep habit monitoring and calorie tracking. You can also compare DoSmarter S30 Smart Fitness Tracker against competing products like Fitbit Inspire, Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro and Letsfit Fitness Tracker. or you can view the top rated products in similar categories, such as fitness tracker companies, wearable technology brands and wearable technology brands.
Pros & Cons
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time. Bluetooth Connection Distance: 10 meters (32.8 feet)
- Sport type: Exercise & Fitness
If you seek a simple fitness tracker with the ability to track activities using GPS, the Letscom Smart Watch offers incredible value.
While it isn’t very accurate, it can be paired with your phone to track activities through its app, which works well. If you want a super low-priced GPS watch with decent functionality and very few bells and whistles, consider this one.
Pros & Cons
The fitness tracker could be charged without a separate charger. Please pull off the watch face from the straps and plug the USB charging interface (where the white oval icon and the copper strips located) into a standard USB port. The red indicator light comes on during charging.
If the red indicator is not showing when charging, please flip over the charging port to recharge it. | Activity Tracker | Recording all day activities, calculating steps, moving distance, calories burned as well as active minutes. | Sleep Tracker | Automatically tracks how well you sleep at night, so you can see your sleep trends and get on a better routine. | Silent Alarm | Set a silent alarm in the Veryfit app and it will vibrate to wake you peacefully.
Best Fitness Tracker for Teenager – BUYER’S GUIDE
The basic functions of a fitness tracker are likely to remain the same across the board. These include step counting, active minutes, distance traveled, and possibly even a heart rate monitor. But there are a few other features that you’ll likely want the fitness tracker to have, and they can vary from device to device.
First and foremost, a kids activity tracker should be waterproof in some way, shape, or form. Regardless of whether they’re likely to go swimming with it, you still want it to be protected from everyday spills, splashes, weather events, and of course, sweat. A tracker that says it’s “water-resistant” should do just fine in those scenarios. If your child does intend to wear their tracker in the water, however, you should be careful to ensure that it is actually a waterproof tracker (usually up to a depth of 50 meters underwater) and not just water-resistant.
Sleep tracking is another great feature for a kids activity tracker to have. Not only is it key for children to enjoy being more active, a wearable should also present a good opportunity for kids to learn the importance of healthy sleep habits. The activity tracker will likely give you details such as how many hours your child sleeps and whether or not they wake during the night. It’s a feature that’s nice to have, but just keep in mind that your kid might not want to wear their tracker to bed, so the function may go unused.
And last but not least, you’ll want to consider the battery life of a kids fitness tracker. Some are rechargeable so you’ll need to remember to give ’em some juice every four to seven days, on average. Other fitness trackers are non-rechargeable, operating off of a coin cell battery for up to a year. Often this very inexpensive battery can easily be replaced when it runs out. That said, you’ll want to weigh the benefits and possible inconveniences of having to charge the fitness tracker on a regular basis and decide which option is the best fit for you and your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are fitness trackers safe for kids?
The companies behind the leading kids fitness trackers — Garmin and Fitbit — have both stated that their activity trackers put parents in control of approving any friend requests for fitness-based challenges. Parents can access these things via the corresponding app when the tracker is paired with their smartphone. The location of the wearer is also never shared.
What if my kid doesn’t have a smartphone?
Speaking of smartphones, your child doesn’t need one to use their activity tracker as long as you have one. Fitness trackers for kids let you set up a family account within the app, so you can ultimately have control over settings and permissions. Most of these apps have parent views and kid views, so your child can still feel like they’re in charge of their own health and activity.
A smartphone isn’t necessary to access all the features of an activity tracker as most of the functionality is built right into the device. Phones are just needed for syncing, playing in-app games, and accessing bonus features or any extra content. But the main functions and stats like step tracking, alarms, and other quick-access features are all accessible from your child’s wrist.
What’s the difference between a fitness tracker and a smartwatch?
Over the course of the last decade or so, fitness wearable giants, such as Fitbit, have seemingly agreed upon a certain aesthetic when it comes to designing fitness trackers. They’re often composed of a long, narrow display that blends seamlessly into a thin band around the wrist, kind of like a bracelet with high-tech sensors. These devices can track activity and connect to smartphones while attached to one’s wrist, but they’re not necessarily considered smartwatches. To gain the classification of smartwatch, however, an on-wrist tracker needs to have far more functionality, with built-in apps and connectivity to GPS and sometimes cellular data, too.
A fitness tracker is a motivating and fun way to enhance their activity levels and manage weight. It tracks the number of calories burned and the daily steps while monitoring sleep patterns and heart rate. This will improve your teen’s overall habits and keep them physically active. In this article, we have compiled the 15 best fitness trackers for teens. Scroll down to check them out!